No Jobs, School was a waste of time

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 108)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Karen in Albany, New York

82 months ago

Where are all the jobs, I did my best in school GPA 4.0 for nothing sent out my resume to everywhere and no luck. The certification process took so long and every place wants experience, where do you get it at? I want to look outside my area but can't afford to and I have no local contacts for any area of interest. Atlanta, GA, is an area of interest. Any ideas or suggestions please let me know. DESPERATE! My bills are overhelming me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

Margaret Fong in San Francisco, California

82 months ago

Karen in Albany, New York said: Where are all the jobs, I did my best in school GPA 4.0 for nothing sent out my resume to everywhere and no luck. The certification process took so long and every place wants experience, where do you get it at? I want to look outside my area but can't afford to and I have no local contacts for any area of interest. Atlanta, GA, is an area of interest. Any ideas or suggestions please let me know. DESPERATE! My bills are overhelming me.

Just talk to people you know who might have a position that is in your field. If not continue to interview. Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

een

82 months ago

Karen in Albany, New York said: Where are all the jobs, I did my best in school GPA 4.0 for nothing sent out my resume to everywhere and no luck. The certification process took so long and every place wants experience, where do you get it at? I want to look outside my area but can't afford to and I have no local contacts for any area of interest. Atlanta, GA, is an area of interest. Any ideas or suggestions please let me know. DESPERATE! My bills are overhelming me.

come to clifton nj or any city in passaic county there are so many ma jobs .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

HAA

82 months ago

Come to Phoenix, AZ. We need MAs bad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

no name in Toms River, New Jersey

80 months ago

I attended school for surg tech- suprise, same issue, i can't even get hired for spd-no experience. All of these schools are 100% legal scams.
Im taking advantage of the extra deferment. Thanks school-for nothing but another bill.
At least i know how to scrub!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No Reply - Report abuse

smilingeyes in Denver, Colorado

79 months ago

Hey Karen

I work for a contract company if that helps. I love working for this company (it is not F/T), but u can make as much money as long as u take jobs they offer.

Let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

smilingeyes in Denver, Colorado

79 months ago

HAA said: Come to Phoenix, AZ. We need MAs bad.

I can see this is true!! Everywhere u look! Thanks now i know where to go

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

confidential in Schenectady, New York

79 months ago

Karen in Albany, New York said: Where are all the jobs, I did my best in school GPA 4.0 for nothing sent out my resume to everywhere and no luck. The certification process took so long and every place wants experience, where do you get it at? I want to look outside my area but can't afford to and I have no local contacts for any area of interest. Atlanta, GA, is an area of interest. Any ideas or suggestions please let me know. DESPERATE! My bills are overhelming me.[/QU
yeah am A UAM(Unployed Medical Assistant)
I cant beleive i cant get a job i read it is one on the fatest growing job but it look like i read the wrong stuff ,, i just feel i have wast my time and money to go school.,, even if u get a job they want to give no more than 12 per hr may while i paid over 10000 us dollars for school,,, am a having difficulting comprehending the idea behand MA jobs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mshal1984 in Toms River, New Jersey

79 months ago

I went to Mandl College of Allied Health and received my Associates Degree in Medical Assisting in August 2007. I took the Registered Medical Assistant exam in September and I have yet to find a Medical Assisting position that pays more than $10.00 an hour. For $10.00 an hour I could be working at Starbucks, and not have huge student loans to pay off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

no name in Toms River, New Jersey said: I attended school for surg tech- suprise, same issue, i can't even get hired for spd-no experience. All of these schools are 100% legal scams.
Im taking advantage of the extra deferment. Thanks school-for nothing but another bill.
At least i know how to scrub!

You can say that again. Mandl College in New York City charges $25000.00 for thier Associate Degree program in Medical Assisting, which is a complete rip off considering that most colleges aren't even charging anything close to that!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

confidential in Schenectady, New York said:

I completely agree with you. I was told by Mandl College that Licensed Practical Nurses were being phased out and being replaced with Medical Assistants.This couldn't be further from the truth. All the hospitals are hiring LPNs and not MA's. In addition to that, LPN's are paid anywhere from $20-$30 an hour, while MA's are paid $10-15 an hour

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michelle79 in New York, New York

79 months ago

I totally agree with MSHAl1984, I was told by the New York School for Medical & Dental Assistants that MA's are replacing LPN's therefore, MA's should have great job prospects. Reality check: LPNs are not being replaced by MA's, actually LPN's make close to $20,000 more anually then MA's according the BLS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

leasha in Southampton, Pennsylvania

78 months ago

It seems that everyone has this issue. I went to Sandford Brown Institute for Medical Assisting. I am not getting payed for the amount of work i do. Over worked and under payed, it is such a disgrace. I wish i would have listened to people when they told me not to go there. Im actually in the process of looking into colleges for Radiology. We will see!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

km in Brooklyn, New York

78 months ago

what colleges accept credits from mandl?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Kathleen in Flushing, New York

78 months ago

There aren't any colleges that accept Mandl's credits.
Since the degree awarded from Mandl is an AOS as opposed to a AAS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Nikki in Fresh Meadows, New York

77 months ago

I went to Mandl years ago too,what a rip off. They make you sign student loans checks during class time.Do yourselves a favor if you want something fast,go to a lpn program. It takes 9 months to a year to complete. My medical assisting program lasted nine months.this was before they became a college.It was six months in school and a three month internship.And yes Physicians only want to pay $10 to start.If you are lucky enough to find a job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Maria

77 months ago

Someone should really report Mandl College to the New York State Department of Education for misleading their students regarding the AOS program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ellen Scott in Manhattan in Bronx, New York

73 months ago

Dear Karen,
I am indeed sorry that you & so many others posted here cannot get a job after attending school, doing well, and spending a great deal of money. However, your written English and the others I've read here is poor. (i.e. Where can I get a job at?) If you speak this way as well, you'll have a difficult time. A suggestion: take some more English courses!
Good Luck!
Ellen Scott
English Instructor

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

Karen in Schenectady, New York

73 months ago

On a blog site I might use all kinds of incorrect english. I graduated with a GPA of 4.0. Did you? Comments like yours is not welcome do not reply

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Yancy in Irving, Texas

73 months ago

IF that lady really is an English Instructor, your 4.0 GPA in a Medical Assistant school really can't compare to any schooling she might have done. I doubt that MA school was harder or can even compare.

By the way, I had a 4.0 as well. Just to let you know before you start on how I can't be talking about this issue.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ellen Scott in Bronx, New York

73 months ago

Karen in Schenectady, New York said: On a blog site I might use all kinds of incorrect english. I graduated with a GPA of 4.0. Did you? Comments like yours is not welcome do not reply

I am sorry if I injured you in any way. I did not mean to suggest that you aren't intelligent or qualified to obtain a good job. I teach English in a two-year college similar to Mandl, and many bright students there do not sound educated, and because of that, they will have difficulty getting good jobs. I've also had students who have gotten A's in English in high school, but they can't write at all. We can all improve our skills, so I think it's a shame when people who need to, don't. (I realize that e-mail is written in haste and not often proofread). Hopefully, you have good written and oral communication skills. I'm only emphazing the importance of English. And again, good luck in your job seaarch!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Mandl in Middle Village, New York

73 months ago

Maria said: Someone should really report Mandl College to the New York State Department of Education for misleading their students regarding the AOS program.

wow i think mandl has more problems then this!! i agree mandl shouldnt even be able to be open! just use the bathrooms once and you will see what i am saying!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mandy in Lynchburg, Virginia

71 months ago

I completely agree. I wish I had found this website before I went to college to be an MA. I feel like I have wasted 2 years of my life to get in debt $26,000! I went to Miller Motte Technical College. I can do anything a Nurse can do...start IV's, draw blood, give meds, change dressings, remove sutures, etc...do you think I can get a job that pays at least $10 an hour? NOT HERE! I enjoyed the college I went to and I really feel that I have the skills needed to fulfill this position! I feel I am just as qualified as an LPN to sit and assist the doctors...why can't we make any $ doing it? I WORK AT CURVES AND MAKE MORE MONEY THERE THAN I HAVE BEEN OFFERED BY DOCTOR'S OFFICES! GET YOUR DEGREE IN SOMETHING ELSE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

unknown in Inverness, Florida

71 months ago

i live in florida and there are resources ampong our schools to help us with finding a job. I know what it is like to get a education and then be told your on your own. Axia college is that way. I am attending kaplan now and they have been really great about helping me with everything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kathleen H. in White Lake, Michigan

71 months ago

I know about the bills...I can't even get my unemployment check deposited....it's so not enough....
Anyway.....Didn't you have any help from where you went to school? Meaning job interviews, etc.?
I just completed my classroom training on the 27th, but I am not done with it yet. Here in MI we have to do 160 hours of ex-ternship before we can work for $$$$ right after class ends. I had one all set up and because the doctor has an intern coming and just hired someone he wacked me...so my school is ans obligated to find a site for me and a job interview if I don't get hired from where I do my ex-ternship at.
When you read a posting for a job, they always put their dream s in there. Of course they want someone with experience, but DON'T LET THAT STOP YOU FROM APPLYING!!!!!! If your resume looks good they just might cal;l you for an interview and then you have to sell your self to them.
Just don't let that word 'experience' deter you from applying....apply your butt off no matter what it says.....
Kathleen

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Karen in Schenectady, New York said: On a blog site I might use all kinds of incorrect english. I graduated with a GPA of 4.0. Did you? Comments like yours is not welcome do not reply

Karen,
I so agree with you!! That comment was rude and uncalled for...for cryin' out loud we are posting on a website Scott......you may be an English teacher but you have zero compassion, zero common sense as we are just on a website talking......geez.....Get a life.
And why is an English teacher posting on a site for Medical Assistants'? Are YOU looking for a job? Again, get a life.......and shame on you for even posting that to someone who is already discouraged with her supposedly 'new' career.

Sorry you had to read that remark Karen....but what she sez dont mak no mater.......lololol What a pea brain......

Kathleen H.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Marie Dunn in Houston, Texas

71 months ago

Ellen Scott in Manhattan in Bronx, New York said: Please, you need to improve your English skill. Communication is essential to success. It's not enough to be educated; you have to sound and write as if you are as well.
Good Luck!
Ellen Scott

Please improve your communication skills. Your English skills are not enough!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

No kidding!!! You are taking what is written here as some sort of job application or interview. I was kidding with what I misspelled.
Lighten up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Arlene in Seminole, Florida

70 months ago

Save your money folks. Medical Assisting schools are a waste of money and time.

I have been in the workforce for a while. When the economy turned sour, I took time to attend Ultimate Medical Academy in Clearwater FL. They have outplacement services and tell me that their are jobs out there.

I have faxed and emaied a vast amount of resumes to doctor's offices. At this point in time, want ads for MA's want certification, which my school did not give us, and one to two years experience.

Go to college and get a 2 year degree instead. Technical schools are a ripoff.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

zach in Silver Spring, Maryland

70 months ago

from colorado, not maryland.

i have a 4.0, and im a dumbass... its all a joke

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lady Hawk in Detroit, Michigan

70 months ago

I went Everest Inst. I had excellent grade made the hornors program.
The school told me that they woul help me find a job I have yet to recevied the help. They asked to do diret care work. Then I should have went to direct care school. Medical assistant school is a waste of time. Everest Inst. is a waste. This is the downtown campus. Sorry but your SORRY

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

THEY R LIARS in Lake Mary, Florida

70 months ago

Lady Hawk in Detroit, Michigan said: I went Everest Inst. I had excellent grade made the hornors program.
The school told me that they woul help me find a job I have yet to recevied the help. They asked to do diret care work. Then I should have went to direct care school. Medical assistant school is a waste of time. Everest Inst. is a waste. This is the downtown campus. Sorry but your SORRY

OMG( here goes my English grade) LOL. I also attended Everest University in Florida and was told they would help find a position for us to do our externship. We have now went thru 5 different heads of our Medical department, The Lab is a disgrace, The instruments and supplies are never there when we need them nore are they any use. We went thru 3 ECG machines the other night not getting one to work correctly for us, I have not called several medical offices tring to do my externship and as soon as i say EVEREST its like a red flag goes off and "We are sorry we do not have acontract with everest you will have to check with your school and see where they suggest you do your externship" Well my school tells me good luck and let us knnow if you find anything. So my feelins is that i have wasted 3 years getting a DEGREE in Medical Assistance. Believe me i know how you are feeling. I have now called the Orlando Health Department hoping that they may be able to give me some kind of ideas as to where i can continue to check. GOOD LUCK to everyone who has posted that they need help finding a MA job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lady Hawk in Detroit, Michigan

70 months ago

GOD BLESS everyone on there's medical assistant career. One day we MA's will have hope.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sandy in Detroit, Michigan

64 months ago

I graduated from Everest Institute this past march and i must say i did my externship at a doctors office and he hired me after 2 weeks of being there.Everest is a good school,i went to learn and gain a career and so i did..HOW you might ask,Well Its called AGGRESSIVENESS,If you really want it you will get it!!

If you want what you've never had,You need to DO what you've NEVER done................Good Luck Everyone

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Meagan in Bloomington, Illinois

63 months ago

I have been a Medical Assistant for over 13 years.. worked in many specialty fields and have found that I wish I had went for the LPN instead.. It was about the same amount of money at the time and pretty darn close to the same amount of time in school...and in the long run would have been making way more money.. And in the Medical Assisting world I have learned that GPA means ZERO. I graduated with 4.0 and honors. One word of advice take all the extra training that a office is willing to pay for and offer you... I did and in the end it has paid off. Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jadaw27 in Bronx, New York

58 months ago

Maria said: Someone should really report Mandl College to the New York State Department of Education for misleading their students regarding the AOS program.

Am about to start that school. what is it about the program thats misleading

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Stacsi in New York, New York

56 months ago

Wow! Reading these comments on this site make me so glad I withdrew from my medical assistant "specialist" program at a CUNY community college,i'll just take a hha course for FREE until its time for me to start school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Brandy3962@hotmail.com in Piscataway, New Jersey

55 months ago

jadaw27 in Bronx, New York said: Am about to start that school. what is it about the program thats misleading

Hi jadaw27;

I will be starting Mandl next month.

My first step was I called a few students that I attended the Allen School with, both MA and CNA's. I was told by a few contacts that Mandl is one of the strongest competitors for the MA field, both for internship programs and job placement. After I confirmed this information, I looked at the MA Program to see what needs that I have, and will Mandl meet my needs.

I graduated from Allen School (Brooklyn Campus), CNA Program in 2006. I then completed the EKG/Phlebotomy Tech Program. During my schooling at the Allen School the MA 's and CNA's were given internships and Job Placement Assistance. Within the process of looking for work after graduation, the Job Placement Director, was available for resume help and listings that supplied contact information for hospital, medical center and physician addresses throughout the New York, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island and Long Island area. We also were given seminar information to attend for Infection Control, Fire safety and HIPPA LAWS and the importance of applying for Mal Practice Insurance in both areas of study.

I say this because as students we have to market ourselves after graduating. I can't address problems that are in other parts of the United States, but as for the New York area the Medial Field is very strong in employment opportunities, temporary and permanent.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

bleesed in Washington, District of Columbia

54 months ago

Ellen Scott in Manhattan in Bronx, New York said: Dear Karen,
I am indeed sorry that you & so many others posted here cannot get a job after attending school, doing well, and spending a great deal of money. However, your written English and the others I've read here is poor. (i.e. Where can I get a job at?) If you speak this way as well, you'll have a difficult time. A suggestion: take some more English courses!
Good Luck!
Ellen Scott
English Instructor

Please ! this is no time to be judge others grammar skills people are just venting there frustration and I can empathize with that , so stop being a jerk and stick to the point. It looks like you don't have any solutions to the problems these former students are dealing with so you need not comment

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

bleesed in Washington, District of Columbia

54 months ago

sandy in Detroit, Michigan said: I graduated from Everest Institute this past march and i must say i did my externship at a doctors office and he hired me after 2 weeks of being there.Everest is a good school,i went to learn and gain a career and so i did..HOW you might ask,Well Its called AGGRESSIVENESS,If you really want it you will get it!!

If you want what you've never had,You need to DO what you've NEVER done................Good Luck Everyone

Well, I to am a recent graduate of everest and I'm having difficulty getting a job. I was told my externship site was hiring before I started it but that was not true my site was busted the women their were petty and backbiting I didn't get an opportunity to triage or venipuncture of injections so to me it was a waste of time now I feel like I'm at a dead end road. I've been applying to jobs online but everyone wants you to have prior experience or either your certification. Do you know if there is a preparation course or study guide I can do online or if they offer it at everest.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Matt in Layton. in Salt Lake City, Utah

54 months ago

bleesed in Washington, District of Columbia said: Well, I to am a recent graduate of everest and I'm having difficulty getting a job. I was told my externship site was hiring before I started it but that was not true my site was busted the women their were petty and backbiting I didn't get an opportunity to triage or venipuncture of injections so to me it was a waste of time now I feel like I'm at a dead end road. I've been applying to jobs online but everyone wants you to have prior experience or either your certification. Do you know if there is a preparation course or study guide I can do online or if they offer it at everest.

Good evening, How are you doing? I was wondering have you taken your MA exam yet to be certified as a MA? I would suggest that you try volunteering at a local Hospital or Free Clinic to get some experience this will look good on your resume. I'm sorry you had bad time on your externshp but t let you know that no matter where you work there will be good Medical Assistants and bad ones. The best thing to do is pray for them that they will change. I hope this has helped and good luck in your search.

Sweetz in Brooklyn, New York

54 months ago

I am going into my last semester at ASA for my A.O.S in medical assisting. it is true that it is hard to find a job after and im sad to see that there are so many schools that dont help u after u have completed your degree. But like someone said earlier u have to sell yourselves, you cant just sit at home sending out resumes and hope u get a job. It doesnt matter wat job ur looking for you will never find it that way..... If u cant find a job right now then volunteer at a hospital or doctor's office any health care facility thats a good way to get hired..... And continue your education. a medical assistant should only be a stepping stone, get a bachelors degree in health care mgt, nursing etc anything.... take a job outside of your field it would cover you being a volunteer.... I am externship at a doctors office and volunteering at NY Methodist Hospital

Janice in New York, New York

51 months ago

Don't, don't go to Mandl. I know someone who worked there and left: it's a rip-off. Go anywhere _BUT_ Mandl. I support all the negative comments here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kia in Greenville, North Carolina

51 months ago

Mandy in Lynchburg, Virginia said: I completely agree. I wish I had found this website before I went to college to be an MA. I feel like I have wasted 2 years of my life to get in debt $26,000! I went to Miller Motte Technical College. I can do anything a Nurse can do...start IV's, draw blood, give meds, change dressings, remove sutures, etc...do you think I can get a job that pays at least $10 an hour? NOT HERE! I enjoyed the college I went to and I really feel that I have the skills needed to fulfill this position! I feel I am just as qualified as an LPN to sit and assist the doctors...why can't we make any $ doing it? I WORK AT CURVES AND MAKE MORE MONEY THERE THAN I HAVE BEEN OFFERED BY DOCTOR'S OFFICES! GET YOUR DEGREE IN SOMETHING ELSE!

I go to miller-motte college for MA I would like to talk to you about your exp

Mandy in Lynchburg, Virginia

51 months ago

Kia -

Miller-Motte is not a bad school, but the MA degree is not one that pays a lot of money. Your area in Greenville, NC may pay more than Lynchburg, VA does. You should do some research before you get too far into your studies. What does the average doctor's office pay for an MA? You need to find that out first. If they pay less than $10/hr, it's not worth it. I worked as a CNA with 6 weeks of training and made more than that at the hospital working nights.

If you find that the pay in your area isn't good, you may want to switch your degree to just being a phlebotomist. Had I known, that's what I would have done.

I'm not worried about it. I am planning on opening my own business that has nothing to do with the medical field. There's a reason for everything...I think the reason I am not working in the medical field even though I went to school for it, is because I am supposed to do something else.

Who knows how stable the medical field will be in 5 years from now anyway??? This healthcare bill that was signed is going to screw a lot of things up!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

PHOTOLADY in Atlanta, Georgia

50 months ago

Ellen Scott in Manhattan in Bronx, New York said: Dear Karen,
Good Luck!
Ellen Scott
English Instructor

I suspect the people you are referring to are disgusted. It is rather disappointing to work hard in school and never reep the results. Of course know one expects to never find a job in the healthcare field. You have a job. Therefore, you have room to be very critical of others.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ted in Flushing, New York

50 months ago

I'm having samme problem here. I'm a college guy taking 4.0 gpa and tons of A+ as I studied really hard for my degree.

However in summer I realized I have no experience in any fields and can't find any jobs even I tried so hard in local stores/newspapers/monsters/craigslist/etc, sending out 30ish resumes with cover letters(I know it's still few but not small amount for me) and calling out 100ish numbers. Everywhere is calling for experieced worker or pretty girls, even in most of the intern.

I know it will be bright once I graduate,but I'm pulling hard to not to ask for any extra money except my rent and food expenses from parents.

Why does it have to be so cruel for newbie?

need help in Palm Harbor, Florida

49 months ago

Arlene in Seminole, Florida said: Save your money folks. Medical Assisting schools are a waste of money and time.

I have been in the workforce for a while. When the economy turned sour, I took time to attend Ultimate Medical Academy in Clearwater FL. They have outplacement services and tell me that their are jobs out there.

I have faxed and emaied a vast amount of resumes to doctor's offices. At this point in time, want ads for MA's want certification, which my school did not give us, and one to two years experience.

Go to college and get a 2 year degree instead. Technical schools are a ripoff.

I thought that were very pushy,they basically forced me to enroll and see financial aid on my first visit.After doing some research I realized they were not a good school and cancelled my enrollment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Decided in Palm Harbor in Palm Harbor, Florida

49 months ago

need help in Palm Harbor, Florida said: I thought that were very pushy,they basically forced me to enroll and see financial aid on my first visit.After doing some research I realized they were not a good school and cancelled my enrollment.

I too had the same experience at Ultimate. Totally different at Central Florida Institute, they really gave me lots of information and sent me home to think about it and make my own decision. When I went on the tour, several students told me the school was great and I should attend. Also they pay for your credentials at the end which can add up to several hundred dollars. I went in this week to enroll at CFI and know that I made the right decision.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

I now can see the light in Hinesville, Georgia

48 months ago

Thank you very much for sharing your story. I have begun to see that colleges are rip-offs. I have a bachelor degree and master degree in business administration, and have been getting jobs starting out paying no more than $14 per hour. Yet, I have so much student loans piling up against my credit.
Recently, I went to a Career Fair looking for employment, about half of the companies at this event were representatives from colleges/universities trying to get me enroll in school. I don't want to return to school, I want a job, and a job that pays good money, at least double than what I owe in student loans!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.