Problems faced by Medical Assistant

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 166 of 166)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4   

Cgtm

33 months ago

You have nothing to worry about you are not qualified enough for an MA to work under your license. MAs do not work under anyones license except a physician's

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

pls134 in Central Point, Oregon

33 months ago

Here in Oregon we also work under the physician license. So unless Texas does it differently you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

cb in Salem, Oregon

33 months ago

In Oregon, as in other states, besides working under a Physician's license (also PA), we also work under a RN's. They are the only ones that we work under.

me in Reading, Pennsylvania

32 months ago

I'm about to finish my medical assistant program at raritan valley community college in nj. we have been recognized as one of the best MA schools in nj and have employers contacting my instructor to hire students. this girl i know went to some random school by philly and they never told her about CMA RMA certification. i believe it depends on the school you go to, because the doctors offices know the schools and their reputations. also for those worried about costs, talk to a financial aid advisor. depending on your income, the state and government will take care of you (for once). for me, they paid my entire tuiton, book fees, and i got money back. good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Certified MA since 2010 in Darlington, South Carolina

32 months ago

m. g. in Fort Worth, Texas said: i am medical assistant bur need to get certified
do you know where i can get certified

Yes. Look up the NCCT website This is the National Center for Compentency Testing. You can either take an online or written test t n ppropriate testing location with a proxy. You can also look up AAMA the Americn Association of Medical Assistants, this is another type of MAcertying agencies.

andrearedd@yahoo.com in Atlanta, Georgia

31 months ago

m. g. in Fort Worth, Texas said: i am medical assistant bur need to get certified

I took the test for AAMA and got certified

James Baker in Vacaville, California

31 months ago

It may help you to learn proper spelling, and grammer. Employers notice mistakes on a resume, or cover letter.

RegisteredMA in Phoenix, Arizona

31 months ago

Hi, there.Hows everyone. Whose working right now as an MA?

ShelahB in Toledo, Ohio

31 months ago

Tarah in Big Spring, Texas said: I am an LVN/nurse manager at my clinic. My higher ups have hired a non certified medical assistant to work under my license. I am conserned. What is she aloud to do legally. I am in Texas....reguarding injections, vaccines, lab work, vitals ect. I read other places that as long as she finished school she can do all of these which is crazy to me. There were many of us that finished Nursing School but not everyone passed boards. It doesn't seem right! I am worried about my license and I can tell that her knowledge base is very slim in the medical field. Please refer me to a site that will spell this out for me so that I can feel better about this and have something to present to my employers. I have a meeting with them next week about this. Thank You for your help!

You need to review your states medical board and nursing board regulations. Each state is different in what defines the legal scope of practice for medical assisting.
You can check the AAMA site as they maintain a short list of states with direct links to their medical boards. Good luck.

31 months ago

Tarah in Big Spring, Texas said: I am an LVN/nurse manager at my clinic. My higher ups have hired a non certified medical assistant to work under my license. I am conserned. What is she aloud to do legally. I am in Texas....reguarding injections, vaccines, lab work, vitals ect. I read other places that as long as she finished school she can do all of these which is crazy to me. There were many of us that finished Nursing School but not everyone passed boards. It doesn't seem right! I am worried about my license and I can tell that her knowledge base is very slim in the medical field. Please refer me to a site that will spell this out for me so that I can feel better about this and have something to present to my employers. I have a meeting with them next week about this. Thank You for your help!

Actually its not crazy. All you have to do is to teach your MA's. Shares your knowledge then no worries. Our vision we will be a national leader recognized fro clinical excellence and innovation, preferred for a highly coordinated patient experience, and distinguish by the quality of our people.

31 months ago

me in Reading, Pennsylvania said: I'm about to finish my medical assistant program at raritan valley community college in nj. we have been recognized as one of the best MA schools in nj and have employers contacting my instructor to hire students. this girl i know went to some random school by philly and they never told her about CMA RMA certification. i believe it depends on the school you go to, because the doctors offices know the schools and their reputations. also for those worried about costs, talk to a financial aid advisor. depending on your income, the state and government will take care of you (for once). for me, they paid my entire tuiton, book fees, and i got money back. good luck!

How are you? Are you working right now as an MA?

bean

13 months ago

rolltideroll6969 in Clarksville, Tennessee said: you should have went to a school that was certified with the AAMA because very seldom do Doctors hire a registered MA you need to be certified with a degree.

both RMA and CMA need to pass an exam to become certified the difference is that the RMA is registered NATIONALLY while the CMA is registered only within the state they live in. This means that if a CMA moves to a state that requires certification she will have to take a new exam whereas the RMA does not because she is registered NATIONALLY. I have been a RMA for almost 9 years and even though I passed my exam not one of my credits transfer to a 4 year college in Kansas.I have went back to school having to start at the bottom taking all the classes I already passed ( with honors) and paying for these all over again. check and make sure your credits transfer if you intend to further your education. in Kansas a MA can perform any duty the physician has trained her to do except start an IV and do an arterial puncture however we don't even get half the post an LPN does. if I were you I would skip the MA and go directly to LPN ( which in Kansas requires you too pay roughly $500 to become a CNA -nurse aid before you can become an LPN) or RN. THE pay and respect are much higher.... here.

I in Harlem, Georgia

8 months ago

Ally Spears in East Haven, Connecticut said: I have been out for school of MA since dec 2007 had a 160 hr externship and I have applied ever where here in CT and gone on interviews and they all say the same thing I dont have enough experience and at my school career dept says to apply for medical office If I wanted that kind of job I would have gone toschool for that

I am very depressed that I cant find a job I know I can do this job being a MA I just need to be given a chance

I suggest you pray about ask God to move in your favor then wait and trust him He will open doors for you.

Erin G in Newport, Kentucky

5 months ago

With the changes in the new Health Care laws, under phase 2 of the Affordable Healthcare Act all medical assistants must be certified or registered by October 2014. Any person who does not hold one of these certifications can not enter physician orders into the EMR/EHR. You can become certified through the AAMA or registered through the AMT. You can complete the applications online.

catangel007 in Portland, Oregon

22 days ago

I am a recent grad of a medical assistant program and completed an externship as well (I recently moved back from West Virginia where I got my degree). I took the certification exam and passed. Since I graduated in June, I have been applying for medical assistant jobs and sending several resumes every week. So far I have been on a lot of interviews (to the point where I have lost count).... Every place I have been interviewed at has told me that it is because of my lack of experience that they did not choose to hire me. How on earth am I suppose to get experience if no one can see my potential?

ruthncls in Springfield, Missouri

21 days ago

catangel007 in Portland, Oregon said: I am a recent grad of a medical assistant program and completed an externship as well (I recently moved back from West Virginia where I got my degree). I took the certification exam and passed. Since I graduated in June, I have been applying for medical assistant jobs and sending several resumes every week. So far I have been on a lot of interviews (to the point where I have lost count).... Every place I have been interviewed at has told me that it is because of my lack of experience that they did not choose to hire me. How on earth am I suppose to get experience if no one can see my potential?

That sounds like something I could have wrote. Sad to say, I did give up. I have a part-time job in another field and I am very happy with it. Fortunately, my husband is the big bread winner in our family, so my part time job is just a supplement between his paychecks. The only part that stinks is having to pay back student loans.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.