Which one do you think is better...Medicla Assistant or Pahrmacy Technician in California?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

bayareamommy in Belmont, California

51 months ago

Hello to all,
I am in need of some advise. I want to take a course either Medical Assistant or Pharmacy Technician to better my skills and to make more money than working as a CNA. The problem is I don't know which one would have a better pay rate or better job outlook.

I have been a CNA for some years now (do not have enough current acute care experience to challenge boards as an LVN =( . But I was told that as an LVN one couls challenge the boards as well....is that true?

So what is your advise for me? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

bayareamommy in Belmont, California

51 months ago

bayareamommy in Belmont, California said: Hello to all,
I am in need of some advise. I want to take a course either Medical Assistant or Pharmacy Technician to better my skills and to make more money than working as a CNA. The problem is I don't know which one would have a better pay rate or better job outlook.

I have been a CNA for some years now (do not have enough current acute care experience to challenge boards as an LVN =( . But I was told that as an LVN one couls challenge the boards as well....is that true?

So what is your advise for me? Thanks!

p.s.

ooops, sorry for the mispells...lol!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Snow123 in Texas

51 months ago

Hi,

I live in Texas and I have exactly the same question that you've posted.

At this point I'm more leaning towards MA but I also think about PT.... Hope someone will provide us with helpful advise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Answer in Homestead, Florida

27 months ago

it all depends on your education but lets say your fresh out of school they both make about the same amount of money "Starting" but i prefer MA theres more hands on where PT is just learning pill names and counting which is easy and more and more pills are made every year

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.