help

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

bobbbi in Benson, North Carolina

34 months ago

I live in NC. i just graduated from college with honors. I have a medical assistant degree. Went for 2 years. I have a felony for DUI, under three strike you're out. Who will hire me now? If I was not eligible to work then why did the fedral government allow me to get student loans that I have to pay back with NO job because no one will hire me. Help me plesse, I live in the rocky mount area

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Matt, NCMA in North Salt Lake, Utah

34 months ago

bobbbi in Benson, North Carolina said: I live in NC. i just graduated from college with honors. I have a medical assistant degree. Went for 2 years. I have a felony for DUI, under three strike you're out. Who will hire me now? If I was not eligible to work then why did the fedral government allow me to get student loans that I have to pay back with NO job because no one will hire me. Help me plesse, I live in the rocky mount area

Hi there, It's going to take awhile to get your name cleared. Just keep applying, and keep nose clean and stay out of trouble. You got lucky, all schools want is money and mostly they will take anybody, even people that are in this country illegally. In the meantime check with your PO with what you can do to have this taken off your record. When talking future employers be honest with them up front, and what ever you do, don't lie on your resume. It will get you in the end...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bobbbi in Fayetteville, North Carolina

34 months ago

Matt, NCMA in North Salt Lake, Utah said: Hi there, It's going to take awhile to get your name cleared. Just keep applying, and keep nose clean and stay out of trouble. You got lucky, all schools want is money and mostly they will take anybody, even people that are in this country illegally. In the meantime check with your PO with what you can do to have this taken off your record. When talking future employers be honest with them up front, and what ever you do, don't lie on your resume. It will get you in the end...

But I don't have a parole officer. I spent all the time that I needed came back hoping that it was enough to spend the time behind bars ( my fault entirely not blaming) I have not taking a drink since that time. I am so disappointed in the school who claimed that they would assist me with job placement.Thank you for the encouragemnt to continue my job search. If you all hear of any openings who will give me another chance, I will finally make my family proud of me, and prove to myself that I am not a failure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.