MEDICAL BILLING

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

jackie in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

52 months ago

I WAS LUCKY AND DID MY EXTERNSHIP AT A HOSPITAL. SOMEONE HIRED ME RIGHT OUT OF SCHOOL. SHE DIDNT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MEDICAL BILLING. I'VE RECEIVED EXCELLENT ON THE JOB TRAINING. SO FAR IT WILL BE 4 YEARS. I AM A CERTIFIED CODER. NOW I'M TRYING TO START MY OWN MEDICAL BILLING SERV. AND HELP OTHERS TO FIND JOBS. I FIND UPPER MANAGEMENT DOESNT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT BILLING. THE ONLY PERSON THAT DOES IS THE IMMEDIATE MANAGER OT SUPERVISOR HOPEFULLY. TO ME IS NOT WHAT YOU KNOW ITS WHO YOU KNOW. MY ADVICE IS TO START WITH MEDICAID COMPANIES OR BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD. KEYSTONE, KAISER PERMANENTE INSURANCE COMPANIES. DOCTORS OFC AT FRONT DESK JUST TO GET YOUR FOOT IN THE DOOR.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

hearts@ktis.net in Steedman, Missouri

52 months ago

jackie in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I WAS LUCKY AND DID MY EXTERNSHIP AT A HOSPITAL. SOMEONE HIRED ME RIGHT OUT OF SCHOOL. SHE DIDNT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MEDICAL BILLING. I'VE RECEIVED EXCELLENT ON THE JOB TRAINING. SO FAR IT WILL BE 4 YEARS. I AM A CERTIFIED CODER. NOW I'M TRYING TO START MY OWN MEDICAL BILLING SERV. AND HELP OTHERS TO FIND JOBS. I FIND UPPER MANAGEMENT DOESNT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT BILLING. THE ONLY PERSON THAT DOES IS THE IMMEDIATE MANAGER OT SUPERVISOR HOPEFULLY. TO ME IS NOT WHAT YOU KNOW ITS WHO YOU KNOW. MY ADVICE IS TO START WITH MEDICAID COMPANIES OR BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD. KEYSTONE, KAISER PERMANENTE INSURANCE COMPANIES. DOCTORS OFC AT FRONT DESK JUST TO GET YOUR FOOT IN THE DOOR.

Hello
How did you go about doing your enternship in a hospital and did you get paid while learning
Thanks Doreen

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

pkagley in Knoxville, Tennessee

40 months ago

jackie in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I WAS LUCKY AND DID MY EXTERNSHIP AT A HOSPITAL. SOMEONE HIRED ME RIGHT OUT OF SCHOOL. SHE DIDNT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MEDICAL BILLING. I'VE RECEIVED EXCELLENT ON THE JOB TRAINING. SO FAR IT WILL BE 4 YEARS. I AM A CERTIFIED CODER. NOW I'M TRYING TO START MY OWN MEDICAL BILLING SERV. AND HELP OTHERS TO FIND JOBS. I FIND UPPER MANAGEMENT DOESNT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT BILLING. THE ONLY PERSON THAT DOES IS THE IMMEDIATE MANAGER OT SUPERVISOR HOPEFULLY. TO ME IS NOT WHAT YOU KNOW ITS WHO YOU KNOW. MY ADVICE IS TO START WITH MEDICAID COMPANIES OR BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD. KEYSTONE, KAISER PERMANENTE INSURANCE COMPANIES. DOCTORS OFC AT FRONT DESK JUST TO GET YOUR FOOT IN THE DOOR.

Your post caught my eye. I am having my own struggles after becoming certified 01/28/11. I have been on several interviews, but yet to get that foot in the door. It always seem to be that dreaded "how much experience have you had?" then when I tell them I just finished school, seems to go downhill from there. I am getting somewhat discouraged at this point. All that money I spent on school. I need some boost of encouragement! Patty

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.