Medical Billing and Coding

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

kathy in Richmond, Virginia

56 months ago

I have just graduate and am looking for a job in Medical billing. I should have just kept my money. NO ONE wants anyone without experience. Will how do you get the experience if no one will give you a chance?? I anyone knows what I am to do please let me know. I have an Associates of Science in Medical Billing and Coding. Oh yea I'm also 53 years old.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Amy in Whitehall, Pennsylvania

55 months ago

It dosen't matter your age. I'm 34, a single mother of a 19 month old and have submitted 100 resumes to different doctors offices and hospitals and haven't been called for 1. I have been on unemployment for a year and you think that these places would take that into consideration and start helping some of these tax payers who r paying for us to be out of work. I WANT TO WORK!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Amanda in Mauldin, South Carolina

55 months ago

Try some temp agencies. The client may not hire you, but you can definately get some exprience and references. Start at entry level, medical records or front desk just to get your foot in the door.
good luck...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Amy in Whitehall, Pennsylvania

55 months ago

Thank You. That's what I've been trying to do. Even part-time positions, just to get my foot in the door. Theres just so many other people that have lost there jobs and are applying also. I just keep throwing mt resume out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Pamela in Yorba Linda, California

54 months ago

Amanda in Mauldin, South Carolina said: Try some temp agencies. The client may not hire you, but you can definately get some exprience and references. Start at entry level, medical records or front desk just to get your foot in the door.
good luck...

Even the TEMP AGENCIES aren't hiring. Or they will say they are but never call you with any WORK.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

nicholas in Lawrenceville, Georgia

50 months ago

what crime do you commit when you decide to become a medical biller or coder.
soon after you graduate you find out
1. you need 40-100WPM typing skill
2. you need to join some association in order to pay another 75$ to be known
3. you need two years experience to to write certification exams
4 before certification you will need letters from employers whom took two years to even read your resume that's four years in all

I think this is a bad deal but i will still keep on applying

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

donbroro@hotmail.com in Cary, North Carolina

47 months ago

I've found that work for medical billers/coders is being outsourced off-shore, just like medical transcriptionists are loosing work to outsourcing to India (they say it's been going on for at least 10-years). We're told to go to school or college, get training, get degrees and then they give tax breaks to facilities, doctors, and companies that out-source those very jobs we spent time and money on training for. What the he** gives? I'm really starting to think the unemployed good people of this country need to revolt, throw out both political parties and start all over. Maybe if they're out of jobs and running in circles trying to find one they might once again become the human beings we thought we put in office!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

nicholas in Lawrenceville, Georgia

47 months ago

this is not a job its a sham complete one

ricofojas in Chico, California

47 months ago

i have been looking for a job as medical biller for a almost a year since i graduated from us career institute i couldn't find a job yet tought times and these company should not outsourced the job overseas that could result in unemployment many people finished their studies or graduated from medical billing school only to find the jobs were being outscourced to foreign countries this not right

linda in Oak Park, Michigan

46 months ago

I have been a Medical Biller for 21 years. I made the mistake of leaving a job a year ago at a large health care system here in Michigan. I felt that all of the years of experience leading up to that job was being wasted. Alas, I now do not have a job. I am being told I am over qualified! I send out at least 15 resumes a week, but the phone never rings! Good Luck fellow job searchers!

valentine in Salt Lake City, Utah

46 months ago

linda in Oak Park, Michigan said: I have been a Medical Biller for 21 years. I made the mistake of leaving a job a year ago at a large health care system here in Michigan. I felt that all of the years of experience leading up to that job was being wasted. Alas, I now do not have a job. I am being told I am over qualified! I send out at least 15 resumes a week, but the phone never rings! Good Luck fellow job searchers!

Billers do have a hard time moving up the ladder, you should try coding. With your billing background, you shouldn't have too hard of a time finding a coding job, and there is more growth and opportunity in coding than billing.

KMCassidy in Mount Vernon, Washington

46 months ago

linda in Oak Park, Michigan said: I have been a Medical Biller for 21 years. I made the mistake of leaving a job a year ago at a large health care system here in Michigan. I felt that all of the years of experience leading up to that job was being wasted. Alas, I now do not have a job. I am being told I am over qualified! I send out at least 15 resumes a week, but the phone never rings! Good Luck fellow job searchers!

I am in the same boat after 20+ years in Medical billing. Same story, left a great job not realizing that a year later I would be spending my days and nights looking for work. It's so frustrating to hear I'm over qualified. I really don't care I just need a job that I can do well. I would think they would rather high someone over qualified than new but I must be wrong.

For those of you new, I don't envy you in the least. It's a tough market and nothing like I've ever seen before. With as much experience as I have, it 's hard to stay positive; just keep reinventing yourself and fine tuning your skills. Be honest and yourself when interviewing...

ricofojas in Chico, California

46 months ago

posted my resume on the internet no job still looking for work as medical biller my last resource to change of career becoming an entrepreneur.

Jennifer in Edison, New Jersey

42 months ago

I don't understand why everyone is having such ahard time finding work billing. I live in NJ and currently work for an

ashley in Lowell, Massachusetts

42 months ago

KMCassidy in Mount Vernon, Washington said: I am in the same boat after 20+ years in Medical billing. Same story, left a great job not realizing that a year later I would be spending my days and nights looking for work. It's so frustrating to hear I'm over qualified. I really don't care I just need a job that I can do well. I would think they would rather high someone over qualified than new but I must be wrong.

For those of you new, I don't envy you in the least. It's a tough market and nothing like I've ever seen before. With as much experience as I have, it 's hard to stay positive; just keep reinventing yourself and fine tuning your skills. Be honest and yourself when interviewing...

Overqualified Underqualified you cant win

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.