Medical Billing and Coding

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

pambanks87@yahoo.com in Chicago, Illinois

45 months ago

I went to school for Medical Billing & Coding and can not find a job In Tenn.
I have been job hunting on foot and found that most coding jobs goes to another countries, like India. Why? American peoplel needs jobs. Since I finish school in 2009 My husband past away. Now I dont know what to do. HELP!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

valentine2 in salt lake city, Utah

45 months ago

pambanks87@yahoo.com in Chicago, Illinois said: I went to school for Medical Billing & Coding and can not find a job In Tenn.
I have been job hunting on foot and found that most coding jobs goes to another countries, like India. Why? American peoplel needs jobs. Since I finish school in 2009 My husband past away. Now I dont know what to do. HELP!!!

Jobs are outsourced overseas due to cost. bottomline. it has nothing to do with job need.

most employers prefer to hire coders with at least 2 years experience, try to get your foot in the door by finding a job in medical records, billing, data entry or even front desk. Gain much needed medical experience and become more familiar with ICD 9, CPT and reimbursement.

I started coding 6 years ago, and I had to start out at front desk and worked my way up, most start at the bottom, you can too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.