Medical Claims and Billing

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Martina in Virginia Beach, Virginia

48 months ago

so i have completed my course from US Career Institute in medical claims and billing and I have been looking for a job any and everywhere. But everywhere I turn people are only looking for experts in the field,does anyone know how i can get my career started? where to look? where to turn? and websites

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

valentine in South Jordan, Utah

48 months ago

Martina in Virginia Beach, Virginia said: so i have completed my course from US Career Institute in medical claims and billing and I have been looking for a job any and everywhere. But everywhere I turn people are only looking for experts in the field,does anyone know how i can get my career started? where to look? where to turn? and websites

This field has become over saturated with new grads with no experience. Most employers are looking for coders with at least 2 years experience and a certification.

It is general advice to look elsewhere in the field, ie, medical records, data entry, billing, or front desk. Gain medical experience and familiarize yourself with ICD, CPT and Reimbursement, after you get your required experience, leverage it for a coding job. I started at front desk, worked my way up to medical data entry and then coding.

Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.