medical billing and coding jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

mamase1956@aol.com in Providence, Rhode Island

53 months ago

I just finished a certificate program from New Horizons Computer Learning Center. I have applied for positions but they all look for experience. I don't know how I am expected to get the experience when no one will give me the chance. The only way to become proficient is to actually get hired somewhere in order to become good enough to then become certified, any sugestions? I live in the providence , RI area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Paula in Lake Worth, Florida

53 months ago

You just have to sell yourself. Let them know that you are educated, but now you need someone to give you the chance to shine. I started medical billing 15 years ago and am totally self taught. It all comes down to how well you can sell yourself. Maybe you could suggest that they hire you on a 3 month trial basis so that you can prove yourself. Make sure you let them know that they will not be sorry. Any info you come across on the job that you do not know, the insurance company will usually be able to help you.(As long as you speak to someone who has half a brain...but please know, that is only about half of the people who work for the insurance companies!) Another thing...once you apply and go for interview, don't give up! Make sure that you follow up on interviews to let them know you are interested! YOU have to believe in you so that they will, too! One of my favorite quotes is by Henry Ford. "Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right." Good luck and don't give up!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

valentine in Salt Lake City, Utah

53 months ago

mamase1956@aol.com in Providence, Rhode Island said: I just finished a certificate program from New Horizons Computer Learning Center. I have applied for positions but they all look for experience. I don't know how I am expected to get the experience when no one will give me the chance. The only way to become proficient is to actually get hired somewhere in order to become good enough to then become certified, any sugestions? I live in the providence , RI area.

you are in the same boat as a lot of people, they all went to school and are now looking for a job, but most employers want experience PLUS certification. you might have to look for a front desk or medical records job and gain some experience in that and try and leverage that experience into a coding job.

thats what i did.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.