medical billing

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Andrea in Buffalo, New York

95 months ago

I took a medical billing course with intro to coding through Allied. I finished in March and am having no luck in finding a job that I can work from home. Does anybody have any suggestions? I thought it was going to be so easy to get a job working from home and I am having a heck of a time. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle Rimmer,CHI,CBCS in Bloomington, Illinois

95 months ago

Andrea,

Are you looking to work from home as a biller or as a coder? Did you sit for your CPC or CCS exam? Are you looking to get nationally certified as a biller?

To work from home as a biller, you would need to start your own home-based medical billing business; have you considered that?

From what I have seen, to work from home as a coder, you should have experience 'on site' as a coder for some years nefore attempting remote coding.

If I can answer any questionf for you, you can email me at lmboadm@aol.com

Michelle Rimmer
President-Professional Medical Billers Association www.pmbausa.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Mission Viejo, California

83 months ago

Janelle Thibodeau in Waltham, Massachusetts said: i was looking at the online allied school... www.alliedschools.com/med_electronic_billing.shtml for billing and coding classes the cost is about $2000 its a self study course and takes as long to complete as you need. Is this a scam??

Allied schools is a nationally accredited online school, it is not a scam.

www.detc.org/Post_Sec.html#All

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Andrea in Buffalo, New York

83 months ago

Yes, Allied is a nationally accredited online school but you get misled when they tell you that you will be able to work from home. I am a stay at home mom and purposly signed up for this course because I was told that I would be able to work from home. This isn't true. I looked for work for a year without any success. Needless to say, I am at home and selling Avon!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

belkysfaus in Brooklyn, New York

80 months ago

I finished the course in 07/09 as a medical biller and I need someone to help me with my resume. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.