At Home Medical Coding Jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

EDCtx in Texas

43 months ago

That's a nice list of companies Kristy! A great resource if someone is looking for a job without insurance or paid time off. I will be sure to bookmark that one if I want to work as an independent contractor. Right now, I work for a company with full benefits. It looks like Maxim is the only one on the list that offers benefits. I know there are others too that offer insurance, 401K and other benefits too.

I am thinking about finding work at a local hospital and if they will allow it, do some contracting on the side.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Susan Somers in Tampa, Florida

43 months ago

EDCtx, look into KForce Healthcare. They work with Hospitals and Medical Centers nationally. They will work with you on local onsite or remote opportunities. Kforce Healthcare also offers insurance, PTO and has a HCPro program that would benefit you.

Good luck with your search

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

EDCtx in Texas

43 months ago

Susan Somers in Tampa, Florida said: EDCtx, look into KForce Healthcare. They work with Hospitals and Medical Centers nationally. They will work with you on local onsite or remote opportunities. Kforce Healthcare also offers insurance, PTO and has a HCPro program that would benefit you.

Good luck with your search

Thanks Susan! I have spoken with someone at KForce recently and right now, they are looking for inpatient coders. I have only been doing outpatient for the last 14 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bexta in Brisbane, Australia

43 months ago

I am in australia and would love to work from home. i have adegree in health information management and have 4 years coding experience at a large brisbane hospital coding inpatients. Do you think i could find remote work from the USA? any advice or ifo would be most appreciated :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Allie in Henderson, Nevada

43 months ago

Bexta in Brisbane, Australia said: I am in australia and would love to work from home. i have adegree in health information management and have 4 years coding experience at a large brisbane hospital coding inpatients. Do you think i could find remote work from the USA? any advice or ifo would be most appreciated :)

Bexta, what system do you use? We use ICD-9-CM in the US, and won't switch to ICD-10 until 2013.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bexta in Brisbane, Australia

43 months ago

Allie in Henderson, Nevada said: Bexta, what system do you use? We use ICD-9-CM in the US, and won't switch to ICD-10 until 2013.

I use ICD-10-AM but did study ICD-9 at Uni. I'm guessing i can adapt to it pretty quickly. Its just whether someone would give me the chance i suppose??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Susan Somers in Tampa, Florida

43 months ago

EDCtx, I am glad to hear that you are working with someone. Please keep in mind that business changes in a blink of an eye. I would be proactive and continue to work with the recruiter.

Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Allie in Henderson, Nevada

43 months ago

Bexta in Brisbane, Australia said: I use ICD-10-AM but did study ICD-9 at Uni. I'm guessing i can adapt to it pretty quickly. Its just whether someone would give me the chance i suppose??

Most remote companies will give you a coding test, so you will need ICD-9 books for the test. They also prefer candidates with experience and credentials. I don't know if they would hire someone who lives so far away, but good luck with your job search.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

redviolin98 in Elmont, New York

42 months ago

I am looking to take my ccs certification in the next few months. I have about 6 yrs exp in hospital billing and coding just never got certified. If anyone knows of any remote coding positions please send them to me at redviolin98@gmail.com or if you are hiring. I can send you my resume. i already have all the 2011 coding books and in process of taking a class for ICD-10

Thanks
DeAnna

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

EDCtx in Texas

42 months ago

redviolin98 in Elmont, New York said: I am looking to take my ccs certification in the next few months. I have about 6 yrs exp in hospital billing and coding just never got certified. If anyone knows of any remote coding positions please send them to me at redviolin98@gmail.com or if you are hiring. I can send you my resume. i already have all the 2011 coding books and in process of taking a class for ICD-10

Thanks
DeAnna

Do a search here on Indeed with "Remote medical coder" there are quite a few listed. Also check HIPJobs.net and the AHIMA job board.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

redviolin98 in Elmont, New York

42 months ago

GREAT THANK YOU

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

valentine2 in Salt Lake City, Utah

42 months ago

redviolin98 in Elmont, New York said: GREAT THANK YOU

someone posted in the forum today that they are looking for remote coders.

www.indeed.com/forum/job/medical-coder/Non-Certified-Work-home-Medical-coding-jobs-Georgia/t58327/p7

go to the last page at the bottom. good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

benwrobel in Ellicott City, Maryland

42 months ago

I work from home and have for many years now. This is a reference site for the site that has helped me make plenty of income online

cashathomeinfo.com/mturk

Now it is not going to make you a millionaire over night but it has helped me pay the bills

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

NewBeginnings in Brooklyn, New York

41 months ago

I just want to say thank you all for the helpful commnents and information listed on this site. I will be a displaced worker come May 20,2011 and strongly desire to change my profession to medical billing and coding. I am not sure of the best school to attend and I am hoping that each of you could give me some direction with that. You may email me directly at fgv7b@hotmail.com with all suggestions. Thanks for your support.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

valentine in Park City, Utah

41 months ago

NewBeginnings in Brooklyn, New York said: I just want to say thank you all for the helpful commnents and information listed on this site. I will be a displaced worker come May 20,2011 and strongly desire to change my profession to medical billing and coding. I am not sure of the best school to attend and I am hoping that each of you could give me some direction with that. You may email me directly at fgv7b@hotmail.com with all suggestions. Thanks for your support.

I would recommend either your local community or technical school, or if you are wanting an online only program, either the coding program through AAPC or AHIMA

I would suggest not going to a career college

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.