CPC from a reputable online school? Are there 2 CPC tests? CPC A?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Undecided Me in Independence, Missouri

4 months ago

Can someone tell me if Careersteps is a good site for taking classes for CPC? Or would it be an eye roll for HR hire people? I am an LPN and have had ten years doing risk adjustment ICD codeing

I want to do the CCS test but I haven't had experience with CPT or DRGs and personally would rather do the CPC test. But I want to be very careful where I take my classes and I can't pull 3,000 out of my hat to magically appear to take the AAPC course. They don't have a payemt plan. Someone more knowledgeable than I can you help me choose what to do? My company (Inovalon) is restructuring and after 10 yearsI am being let go on July 10th. They have been decent to me. I don't want my education to be an eye roll.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

codinglife24 in New York, New York

4 months ago

The most reasonably price course out there that I have found is here: medicalcodingpro.com/medical-coding-certification-prep-course. It cover everything from beginning to advanced and includes online access, video instruction, and a workbook. Since you already have coding experience this might be the way to go to get your certification. It's not like you are starting from scratch. Good Luck!

Reply - Report abuse

I will survive in Yadkinville, North Carolina

4 months ago

"Undecided" in Missouri, I am in the same boat. Worked for them 9 yrs and looking for a certification program also that is affordable. The medicalcodingpro looks reasonable, but I am still unsure.

Reply - Report abuse

4 months ago

What if it's not accepted as a legitimate training, then it won't be worth it. I was considering them too. Heck I was considering US Career Institute but am concerned I won't be hired when they find out where I got training. My friend who hires coders said she would never hire anyone who trained with them...then I thought about taking the Ahima courses but I want the COC. Today I coded a CRG chart with
62 ICD 10 codes, Most of my training .I got at work.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

4 months ago

Undecided Me in Independence, Missouri said: What if it's not accepted as a legitimate training, then it won't be worth it. I was considering them too. Heck I was considering US Career Institute but am concerned I won't be hired when they find out where I got training. My friend who hires coders said she would never hire anyone who trained with them...then I thought about taking the Ahima courses but I want the COC. Today I coded a CRG chart with
62 ICD 10 codes, Most of my training .I got at work.

CPC sorry.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

I will survive in Yadkinville, North Carolina

4 months ago

Undecided Me in Independence, Missouri said: CPC sorry.

I have coded a CRG chart with 104 codes and they wonder why I didn't make the required quota of charts for the day! At this point, I am not sure I even want to code anymore.

Reply - Report abuse

4 months ago

That's horrendous. I hope you made your productivity quota for the whole day for that one chart..but I'm sure you got dinged for productivity on the score card.

Then I wonder if regular coding is like CRGs or not? I'm checking into the RHIT programs. I think that's how I want to go.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.