Coding Positions

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 317)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Linda Kuai in Victorville, California

77 months ago

Has anyone here heard of "On Call Consulting"? Is it a legitimate business?

Thanks,
Linda Kuai, CCS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

berta in Nutting Lake, Massachusetts

77 months ago

hi everyone!
can someone tell how to code this:
"a patient presents to his cardiologist's office complaining of chest pain. Dr. decides to obtain a cardiovascular stress test. Because the Dr's office does not have the proper equipment to perform this test, he sends the patient to the hospital for the test. Dr. accompanies the patient and supervises the stress as well as provides his interpretation and written report."

thanks.
your help will be appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

N. Davis in Houston, Texas

77 months ago

This is my understanding of the situation patient comes in with chest not enough informations provided. However would code chest pain unspecified as chief complaint - 786.50.
would code the principle diagnosis as written on the reportor that stated by the physician. would code the office visit and add a the modifier 26 for interpretation of the test

Hospital equipment and personal were used to perform the test. Hospital can charge for test and technical support.

Hop this was not to confusing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

berta in Nutting Lake, Massachusetts

77 months ago

hi N Davis. thanks for your help, but what I trying to code is only from the cpt book. in other words I am not working with the diagnostic yet.
My teacher wants to see if we know that we can not charge for the use of the equitment because the Doctor did it in the hospital. I know all that, however , she is expecting me to use two codes. and i can't find the right ones on the cpt book.
can somebody help me.
thanks.

Tiffany in Sarasota, Florida

77 months ago

Because it is done in the hospital, you can only code for the professional interpretation:
93016, 93018

berta in Village Of Nagog Woods, Massachusetts

77 months ago

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH Stefany.
I really appreciate your info.
Berta

Stacy in Foley, Alabama

77 months ago

Michelle in Carrollton, Texas said: I am interested in remote coding. I have been coding for 7 years. Family practice and Lab/Path exper. Any opps, please let me know.

I am a CPC with 2 years and 7 months experience in family practice E/M. I am looking for a remote coding position.

BETH-ANNE OTTO in Harlingen, Texas

77 months ago

CYNTHIA DAVIS said: HELLO ANNE. WHAT IS AAPC OR AHIMA APPROVED SCHOOL. I LIVE IN TOLEDO, OHIO AND IT IS HARD FOR ME TO FIND A SCHOOL

Hi:

Toledo, OH area now has 2 schools. UT has the 4 yr degree and Owen's tech has the two yr. degree.

I'm originally from OH and before relocating back to extreme S. TX I worked in Toledo, OH. I even went to Owen's Tech for a Pharmacology course (was added since I graduated). I graduated from BGSU-Firelands College in Huron, OH with my A. A. S. in HIT.

Good Luck;

Liz

ps: feel free to email me with any/all ?'s. eaorhitccs@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

BETH-ANNE OTTO in Harlingen, Texas

77 months ago

Melsturn23 in Cincinnati, Ohio said: Hello
I was wondering when I hear everyone talking about a 2 year program, are you talking about a two year coding program? I have not found on in my area. I just finished up my first quarter of my coding program and was wondering when I finish the coding program what kind of program I should look at next to get that 2 year experience. Thanks so much!

There's a college in Cincy that offers the 4 yr degree, I would also think they'd have the 2 yr degree. They even offer the 4 yr degree as an extension online but you have to have the Assoc. Degree first. There's other college's you can do it quicker, but with all the info you're sure to be quite overwhelmed too.

Liz

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Yvonne

76 months ago

All the responses here are very informative. I am currently a CPC working for a major health insurance company. I have the work experience and would love a traveling coding positions but unfortunately most of the jobs I interested in require a CCS (I am heading back to school) thank goodness there is a program in my city. To everyone looking internships are great, hang in there and don't give up.

Lots of great information here for sure.

Elizabeth A. Otto, RHIT, CCS in Harlingen, Texas

76 months ago

I just recently accepted a position with The Coding Source, and they hire many CPC's. Please go to :
www.thecodingsource.com You could ask for Mr. Magno Salva @

Magno Salva

Recruiter

The Coding Source, LLC

11150 W. Olympic Blvd., Suite 600

Los Angeles, CA 90064

Phone: 310-622-1001 Ext. 215

Fax: 310-481-0027

Toll Free: 866-235-7553

msalva@thecodingsource.com

www.thecodingsource.com

Yvonne

76 months ago

Elizabeth A. Otto, RHIT, CCS in Harlingen, Texas said: Hi Elizabeth:

Check out the below info. I just got hired by The Coding Source, Mr. Magno Salva is my recruiter. They hire mostly CPC, etc. I happen to be RHIT, CCS.

Good Luck

Magno Salva

Recruiter

The Coding Source, LLC

11150 W. Olympic Blvd., Suite 600

Los Angeles, CA 90064

Phone: 310-622-1001 Ext. 215

Fax: 310-481-0027

Toll Free: 866-235-7553

msalva@thecodingsource.com

www.thecodingsource.com

Hi Elizabeth,

Congrats on your job with The Coding Source, didn't you have to pay a fee for some of your expenses (reimbursed later). I couldn't pass the darn ICD9 test, took it twice and bombed, what was your secret to passing?

Thanks,
Yvonne

Christine Massenburg-Link in Palm Bay, Florida

76 months ago

Delores, got to the AAPC website I believe that you will find it helpful to you. There are remote jobs available.

ELORES PAXTON in Elizabeth City, North Carolina said: I am a CPC. I am looking for a remote medical coding job. I worked for a (Pulmonary Spec. one year billing and coding),(Urgent Care one year E&M, billing and coding). I now work in medical records coding emergency room charts,clinicals as well as AMSU. I am very interested in getting started as soon as possible. IF anyone knows of any companys hiring please contact me. Thanks

76 months ago

Elores, got to the AAPC website I believe that you will find it helpful to you. There are remote jobs available.

ELORES PAXTON in Elizabeth City, North Carolina said: I am a CPC. I am looking for a remote medical coding job. I worked for a (Pulmonary Spec. one year billing and coding),(Urgent Care one year E&M, billing and coding). I now work in medical records coding emergency room charts,clinicals as well as AMSU. I am very interested in getting started as soon as possible. IF anyone knows of any companys hiring please contact me. Thanks

76 months ago

Anonymous in Richmond, Virginia said: Shirley you have fallen for the bait which is this urgency for coders. I heard the same thing from my class about how there is this high demand for medical coders, but in my experience this only applies to people who already had experience medical coding before they passed there exam. It definitely is not as in demand as Nurses, even Front Desk positions have more job listings than Medical Coding.
The real money in Medical Coding comes from teaching it, or providing some sort of course to get CEU's so you keep up your certification.
They ought to place a warning saying Certification only for people with prior experience because the CPC-A Certification is a joke.

Shirley, I can relate to what you are saying. My advice is to try the XTERN PROGRAM offered by the AAPC is was very helpful to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Elores, go to the AAPC website I believe that you will find it helpful to you. There are remote jobs available.

Melony T in West Hills, California

76 months ago

Linda Kuai in Victorville, California said: Has anyone here heard of "On Call Consulting"? Is it a legitimate business?

Thanks,
Linda Kuai, CCS

Hey Linda,
I emailed you back and never got a response.

76 months ago

Yvonne said: All the responses here are very informative. I am currently a CPC working for a major health insurance company. I have the work experience and would love a traveling coding positions but unfortunately most of the jobs I interested in require a CCS (I am heading back to school) thank goodness there is a program in my city. To everyone looking internships are great, hang in there and don't give up.

Yvonne,
I work for an insurance company too and I am looking to get into travel coding. Are you in a program to take the test or studying on your own?

Melissa Sines in Canton, Ohio

76 months ago

OPEN POSITIONS FOR NON-TRAVELING CONTRACT COMPANY IN NORTHEAST OHIO

If anyone within driving distance of the Cleveland and/or Youngstown vicinities would be interested in working for a consulting company with an excellent reputation and solid work history, please contact me. We are in need of full-time coders with strong skills in inpatient coding. Solid experience in acute care is a must. Part-time and PRN help will also be considered. Excellent pay, medical, dental, retirement, and vacation benefits.

Yvonne

76 months ago

Melony T in West Hills, California said: Yvonne,
I work for an insurance company too and I am looking to get into travel coding. Are you in a program to take the test or studying on your own?

Hi Melony,

I am starting a program at one of the local community colleges for CCS certification and will sit for the exam, that works better for me.

Are you in a program or studying on your own?

Yvonne

shirley in Grand Rapids, Michigan

76 months ago

where do I sign up? would do the prn or part time just to get some experience such as an x-tern type of work. thanks

76 months ago

Anne Tetzlaff I am curious , your Dad isn't a Dr. in the U.P. of Michigan is he. I worked up there for a time as a nurse and he was my family Dr. while I lived there.

Anne T. in Springfield, Illinois

76 months ago

No, Tetzlaff is my married name. I am unaware of any Tetzlaff doctors in the family.

76 months ago

Anne, you are very prompt :):) thanks

76 months ago

nurse for 35 yrs. recently took the R.N. coder class, would like to get started somewhere in coding. although I live in Michigan, maybe I could work out something to work in Ohio to get some experience. What do you think?

Melissa Sines in Canton, Ohio

76 months ago

shirley in Grand Rapids, Michigan said: nurse for 35 yrs. recently took the R.N. coder class, would like to get started somewhere in coding. although I live in Michigan, maybe I could work out something to work in Ohio to get some experience. What do you think?

Hi Shirley,

Thank you so much for expressing your interest. Unfortunately, we are in need of candidates that live within 1 to 1 1/2 hours of the proximity of our clients. To keep costs low for our clientelle and remain competitive, we do not engage in travel expenses beyond mileage (i.e. hotel, flights, meals, rental cars, etc.). Currently, the closest client we have to Grand Rapids is in Dearborn. Although something similar to an externship is a possibility, this would be a terribly long drive for you (approximately 5 hours per day).

I would recommend applying to larger hospitals, as the larger hospitals are often more willing and capable of training individuals that are new to coding.

I wish you the best of luck as you begin your coding career!

76 months ago

Yvonne said: Hi Melony,

I am starting a program at one of the local community colleges for CCS certification and will sit for the exam, that works better for me.

Are you in a program or studying on your own?

Yvonne

Hi Yvonne,
I am studying on my own. Thinking about taking a course if I feel like I just dont get the abstracting part of it but I think I should be ok.

aletha in lakeland, Florida

76 months ago

Hello
I wanted to know if any companies accept the Radiology Coding Certificate I am finding a hard time trying to find a job with this certification. I have been coding for 15 years in radiology and I am at the end of a job that's outsourcing its billing department. Most of the positions want CPC.

Yvonne in Kansas City, Missouri

76 months ago

Hi Melony,

Keep me posted on your progress and I will do the same.

Yvonne

drg in greensboro, North Carolina

76 months ago

Anonymous in Richmond, Virginia said: Shirley you have fallen for the bait which is this urgency for coders. I heard the same thing from my class about how there is this high demand for medical coders, but in my experience this only applies to people who already had experience medical coding before they passed there exam. It definitely is not as in demand as Nurses, even Front Desk positions have more job listings than Medical Coding.
The real money in Medical Coding comes from teaching it, or providing some sort of course to get CEU's so you keep up your certification.
They ought to place a warning saying Certification only for people with prior experience because the CPC-A Certification is a joke.

Allright I'm one of those who have taken one of those 6 month courses...course i finished it in 6 weeks, but I'm also a LPN with 3 years of clinical experience, next week I take my CCS exam, say by chance that I actually pass the exam, because more and more with each case study I do, I start to feel better...do I have a chance to get a job? Or say I fail? Will I actually find a job? I mean, I know ya'll don't know for sure, but what are the chances...I've already applied at several local hospitals, none of which require a certification but...yeah I also haven't heard from them....anyways what do ya'll think?

Phyllis in Dallas, Texas

76 months ago

Lorraine W. in Connersville, Indiana said: I am an RHIT with over 8 years experience coding inpatient and ED charts, with moderate experience coding outpatient cases. I have been fully trained in the JA Thomas Compliant Documentation Management Program (CDMP) for improved documentation and reimbursement. I was facility-based until 2007, at which time I became a traveling consultant. I am now seeking a remote coding position.

Please send us your resume. Visit our Web site @ frasierhealthcareconsulting.com/

or Call Robert Frasier @ 817.462.9600

thanks

Phyllis in Dallas, Texas

76 months ago

Lorraine W. in Connersville, Indiana said: I am an RHIT with over 8 years experience coding inpatient and ED charts, with moderate experience coding outpatient cases. I have been fully trained in the JA Thomas Compliant Documentation Management Program (CDMP) for improved documentation and reimbursement. I was facility-based until 2007, at which time I became a traveling consultant. I am now seeking a remote coding position.

Please send us your resume. Visit our Web site @ frasierhealthcareconsulting.com/

or Call Robert Frasier @ 817.462.9600

thanks

Melony in West Hills, California

76 months ago

Yvonne in Kansas City, Missouri said: Hi Melony,

Keep me posted on your progress and I will do the same.

Yvonne

Hey Yvonne,
I found an onsite class that starts near my home next month, I am gonna try that to test my skill set and then take the plunge and try for the CCS

Phyllis Laws in Clayton, North Carolina

76 months ago

Elizabeth Mikolajewski in Houston, Texas said: I'm a CPC, CMC with over 15 years of physician outpatient coding experience. I've taught E&M and PATH guidelines. I've been responsible for the annual audits of 187+ providers in 6 states. Worked with physicians in a 501 (a) in Texas and Louisiana. Looking for remote or a traveling position. Also have 20 years of Physician Practice Management experience.

Looking for Coders to Travel
Coders with Chargemaster Review
Coders with Medi-Cal
Coders with Worker Comp
Call or email:
PHYLLIS LAWS
Email: phyllisl@frasierhc.com
3630 West Pioneer Parkway Suite 201
P.O. Box 170238
Arlington, TX 76003-0238

Phone(817)462-9600 Fax(817)275-8709

76 months ago

LaShana H in Stone Mountain, Georgia said: Hi,

I am interested in remote or travel coding. I have 4 years experience in different specialties. Does anyone have any job leads that may be helpful.

Coders with Medi-Cal
Coders with Worker Comp
Call or email:
PHYLLIS LAWS
P.O. Box 170238
Arlington, TX 76003-0238

76 months ago

Yvonne said: All the responses here are very informative. I am currently a CPC working for a major health insurance company. I have the work experience and would love a traveling coding positions but unfortunately most of the jobs I interested in require a CCS (I am heading back to school) thank goodness there is a program in my city. To everyone looking internships are great, hang in there and don't give up.

Coders with Medi-Cal
Coders with Worker Comp
Call or email:
PHYLLIS LAWS
P.O. Box 170238
Arlington, TX 76003-0238

Yvonne

76 months ago

aletha in lakeland, Florida said: Hello
I wanted to know if any companies accept the Radiology Coding Certificate I am finding a hard time trying to find a job with this certification. I have been coding for 15 years in radiology and I am at the end of a job that's outsourcing its billing department. Most of the positions want CPC.

Hi Aletha,

Try this web site: www.matchresources.com for Radiology opportunities. Good Luck!!!

Yvonne

Dawn in Dallas, Texas

76 months ago

I'm looking for a coding job in Arlington/Fort Worth,TX area. I'm new to the coding field and have my CPC-A certification. I'm willing to do an internship to start my new career. I'm looking for someone to take me under their wings and teach me what I need to know to succeed. Does anyone have any leads or suggestions that may be helpful.

Katfeet in Zion, Illinois

76 months ago

Amen. Well put. Takes a lot of hard work and experience and proving yourself before being allowed to code from home. I have just begun flexing from home, but I've been with the corp. for a while. There is a definate need for coders, but the title & percs of remote work doesn't happen overnight.

Krupa Desai in Langhorne, Pennsylvania

76 months ago

Hello

I am a recent graduate from Temple University. I earned my bachelor's degree in Health Information Management. I am have horrible time finding a job. Any comments or ideas. Thank You.

Lorraine W in Connersville, Indiana

76 months ago

Krupa Desai in Langhorne, Pennsylvania said: Hello

I am a recent graduate from Temple University. I earned my bachelor's degree in Health Information Management. I am have horrible time finding a job. Any comments or ideas. Thank You.

Have you sat for the RHIA exam?

kurpa desai in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

76 months ago

No, but I am registering this week for that. so soon I will be taking the exam.

Lorraine W in Connersville, Indiana

76 months ago

That should help you immensely. What area are you hoping to get into? Management/supervision, perhaps?

Krupa Desai in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

76 months ago

Yes, I hope so. I am planning to get into coding or manager/supervisor or tumor registrar. So, I need a job rightnow because I won't have my RHIA for another 3 months.

Amy Simmons, CPC in Harrison, Arkansas

75 months ago

I have been coding for 6 years at a Family Practice in Harrison Arkansas, I graduated From North Arkansas College with my Certification as a Medical Coder, I have passed The CPC exam, and would be very interested in doing Remote/Travel Coding. Please email me with Details of positions and what I need to do to apply with your company.

Thank you,
Amy Simmons, CPC
easimmons@alltel.net

Jdixon in Athens, Georgia

75 months ago

Dawn Pierson in Liberal, Kansas said: I am interested in a remote coding position. I bring 8+ years' of emergency department coding. Please consider my qualifications for a position with your organization.

Thankyou!

Sincerely,
Dawn Pierson

Hi Dawn,
Are you still looking for a coding position? I am currently hiring coders with experience in ER physician coding. I am very interested in learning more about your qualifications.
jdixon@pettigrewmedical.com

Kingskid

75 months ago

Has anybody work as a remote coder for Outcomes before, please share your experience and what to expect in their telephone interview. Also, how much do they pay their remote coders. Thanks.

ltrish in montgomery, Alabama

75 months ago

looking for multiple doctors to do coding for from home, or willing to travel, if anyone know of any please e-mail me.

ltrish in montgomery, Alabama

75 months ago

i've been coding for a pediatric office for in patient and hospital charges since 2005, i'm currently seeking employment either to code from home or to do travel if anyone know of any job openings please contact me stat!!

thanks,
ltrish

Lorraine W. in Connersville, Indiana

75 months ago

ltrish in montgomery, Alabama said: i've been coding for a pediatric office for in patient and hospital charges since 2005, i'm currently seeking employment either to code from home or to do travel if anyone know of any job openings please contact me stat!!

thanks,
ltrish

You shouldn't have any problems as long as you're credentialed. The travel companies are pretty much a dime a dozen. Which ones have you contacted?

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.