Coding Positions

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (301 to 317 of 317)
Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7   

luckybhupi 371 in Dundalk, Maryland

48 months ago

I am student of associate in medical billing and coding. I want entry level job in any healthcare facility. If its coding related then that will be great. I also have mediacal assistant certificate. Anyone read or hiring please contact me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Gg1989 in North Augusta, South Carolina

47 months ago

Hi, I am looking for a remote coding position in the Anesthesia Specialty. I have both CCS and CPC certifications and have been coding/auditing for Anesthesia for 11 yrs. I have some inpt/out pt. experience, 2 yrs, but prefer Anesthesia. I am currently a contract coder. If anyone knows of a company who is in need of a remote Anesthesia coder please let me know.

Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sheriff in Chicago, Illinois

41 months ago

did anyone know how much a medical coder makes an hour in the hospital

cmkerr in Hockessin, Delaware

40 months ago

Lisa in Joliet, Illinois said: himoncall.com gets me into the website, and then click on opportunities which is in a list on the left hand side.
hope this helps.. good luck

Lisa

Does anyone have any experience with working for Insurance Overload Staffing processing Medical Claims for out of town travel assignments??

della in Texas in Temple, Texas

36 months ago

I am just finishing my school for coding and I want to work for hospitals. Should I take AAPC or AHIMA ?If I take one can I also go back and take the other later or is this just a waste of time and money?Thank you Della in Texas

valentine

36 months ago

della in Texas in Temple, Texas said: I am just finishing my school for coding and I want to work for hospitals. Should I take AAPC or AHIMA ?If I take one can I also go back and take the other later or is this just a waste of time and money?Thank you Della in Texas

If you want to work in a hospital, either AAPC CPC-H or AHIMA CCA.

Kyle ODonnell in Tampa, Florida

36 months ago

Valentine, AHIMA is highly recognized by the Directors at most Hosptial Facilities. They want to see that you have a CCS.

Hope this will help in your employment search.

Kyle

valentine

36 months ago

Kyle ODonnell in Tampa, Florida said: Valentine, AHIMA is highly recognized by the Directors at most Hosptial Facilities. They want to see that you have a CCS.

Hope this will help in your employment search.

Kyle

Yes, but they WILL NOT take a CCS that does not have experience. The other credentials I suggested a good way to get into HIM dept and then later move up to a coding position.

della in Texas in Temple, Texas

36 months ago

Thank you for the info. So I guess I need to take the AAPC so I can get some experience before the AHIMA. Can you work in a hospital setting with the AAPC? Thanks for the help

Jeannette Morgan in Killeen, Texas

36 months ago

della in Texas in Temple, Texas said: I am just finishing my school for coding and I want to work for hospitals. Should I take AAPC or AHIMA ?If I take one can I also go back and take the other later or is this just a waste of time and money?Thank you Della in Texas

I would contact Scott and White HR office and inquire which they accept.

AndrewK in San Angelo, Texas

36 months ago

If you need a CPC exam prep course, check out this video blitz series. They aren't the cheapest but they are super easy to do online or on dvd. picz.us/cpcexamprep Let me know what you think.

Rak in Reading, Pennsylvania

35 months ago

Hi all, what exams to be given in order to work in insurance companies or hospitals as a coder?

Also let me know which institute to opt for , AHIMA or AAPC?
Thanks in advance

mynhii in Oakland, California

35 months ago

Do coders work on weekends or night shifts? Is it possible to have only weekends or only night shift work?

valentine

35 months ago

mynhii in Oakland, California said: Do coders work on weekends or night shifts? Is it possible to have only weekends or only night shift work?

I have seen some larger hospitals that have coders for the weekends or second shift, but for the most part, most coding jobs are full time, during the day and weekdays.

lorainechv@comcast.net in Blackwood, New Jersey

34 months ago

Hello Donna, Congratulations on your CCA,Good luck in with your jobs.

D Swan in Claremont, New Hampshire

30 months ago

I totally agree with new coders wanting it all. I have been coding for 20+ years and frankly, am tired of having to "train" newly certified coders, since they typically don't know jack about the business. Most of these people should get their money back, since so many of the programs seem to be deficient in teaching these people the basics, guidelines and even how to use the darn books. I've spent a lot of time trying to educate new coders that seem to know it all already. I do blame management from hiring them, putting them in a position and thinking that they are "certified" can just go off on their own. The CPC-A is not a joke, rather, it shows, yes you have passed the test, but have years of knowlege to gain from coding to be a truly certified coder and be an asset to your company, rather than a liabilty. I've seen too many coders come and go because they can't function independently.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Ann in New York, New York

30 months ago

Let an employer be the judged of that. Don't spoil your blessings by coming on here and lamenting over who you trained and who don't know jack. There is a reason why you are chosen to train up-coming coders. Don't spoil your blessings

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.