Looking for part-time remote

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 287)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Foxybrown in Woodland Hills, California

80 months ago

Srich in Yakima, Washington said: They pay $3.50 per chart, and no it isn't more lucrative....at least to me.

YIKES!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Laura in Marble Falls, Texas

80 months ago

concal in charleston, South Carolina said: I have part time positions available for remote diagnostic coding. You work as much or as little as you want - all you need is internet access. Pay is $20/hour. Please contact me if interested.
ccalvert@outcomesinc.com

I am currently taking a course to become a certified coder. Although I have worked in the medical/caregiver field for over 20yrs. I have 5yrs as a certified hemodialysis tech, I have worked as a patient care tech with Austin Diagnostic Medical Center(ADC). I have a good understanding of medical terminology and physiology. Would I be a good candidate for your part-time position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Frances Brockett in Deltona, Florida

80 months ago

concal in charleston, South Carolina said: I have part time positions available for remote diagnostic coding. You work as much or as little as you want - all you need is internet access. Pay is $20/hour. Please contact me if interested.
ccalvert@outcomesinc.com

I am looking for a part time postion in this field , I have done this type of work for 12 years .

JBrockett@cfl.rr.com

Srich in Yakima, Washington

80 months ago

Frances Brockett in Deltona, Florida said: I am looking for a part time postion in this field , I have done this type of work for 12 years .

JBrockett@cfl.rr.com

Just to let you know - Outcomes no longer pays hourly - it is by the chart

Frances Brockett in Deltona, Florida

80 months ago

Srich in Yakima, Washington said: Outcomes

How is it going for you at outcomes?

wendy in Charleston, South Carolina

80 months ago

ccalvert@outcomesinc.com

I live in charleston and would be interesting if the job is still availabe. email me at wolfe2408@bellsouth.net
thanks wendy cordray

80 months ago

Frances Brockett in Deltona, Florida said: How is it going for you at outcomes?

Oh it's ok.....for contract work

Dawn Dodge in Augusta, Georgia

80 months ago

ccalvert@outcomesinc.com

Hi, I work for Outcomes out of the Charleston area part time remotely. I am being paid by the record and would love to be paid 20$
per hour instead. I have my CCS. How can I transfer to the hourly wage? Thank you for any information. I work full time for the Charleston VA Medical Canter.

80 months ago

Dawn Dodge in Augusta, Georgia said: Hi, I work for Outcomes out of the Charleston area part time remotely. I am being paid by the record and would love to be paid 20$
per hour instead. I have my CCS. How can I transfer to the hourly wage? Thank you for any information. I work full time for the Charleston VA Medical Canter.

Hi I work for Outcomes remotely as well. They no longer pay the hourly rate as of June of this year. All remote coders are paid by the chart.....end of sentence.

Miranda, CCA in Clinton Township, Michigan

80 months ago

Hi, is there anyone who codes from home or knows a independent contractor in the SE Michigan area that wouldn't mind taking a CCA under there wing and training with me? I 'm very excited about starting my new career as a Certified Medical Coder. I do have 18 years experience in the hospital and physician setting. I currently Apply ICD-9-CM codes to OB-GYN outpts which includes: pap smears, blood tests, urine samples, biopsies, and cultures. If anyone has any advice for me at this time I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks again, and help me to stay encouraged and excited.

Miranda, CCA in Clinton Township, Michigan

80 months ago

I have had schooling that is approved through the AAPC. I have a Question also. Is it true with a CCA its possible to be hired in at the entry-level coding outpatients only in some facilities?

Lorraine in Connersville, Indiana

79 months ago

My employer may have openings for remote work. I have been in their employ as of March of this year, beginning as a per diem coder, then transitioning to full-time status in June.

The initial coding test is brutal, but they are looking for coders who don't require hand-holding. I am not sure which credentials they require, but all of my coworkers are RHIT or CCS. To my knowledge, the coding does NOT entail professional fee.

CDMP training would likely be a plus.

If interested, please contact me at woman_skornd@yahoo.com, NOT via messages on this board.

Thank you.

www.indeed.com/forum/job/medical-coder/Have-2-Years-Experience-IP-OP-ER/t88930

All who respond may then call me for more details (number given via email, not via this board).

Mr.C in Jonesboro, Georgia

79 months ago

I recently finished my training but am not yet certified, anyone have suggestions about employment? I am hoping to work part-time while I finish my bachelors degree. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sue-California

79 months ago

Lorraine in Connersville, Indiana said: No I don't, and I really don't care one way or another if you believe me or not. I've been working remotely since March of this year for a private company out of a neighboring state. I am not paid per chart, I am paid $25/hr to code electronic inpatient and ER charts directly from facilities.

Their test took me 3 days to complete, which seemed to impress them. It covered EVERYTHING. I'm still puzzled as to why you are so upset that the test included CODING in addition to the other questions. Frankly, I would be suspicious if a coding test DIDN'T include coding, as that is the only way they can assess competence, speed, and accuracy.

Every company is different. Nearly every coder has at least one beef with their employer, be it the work itself, the deadlines, the pay, the benefits, or the pretest. If you don't like how a company does its business, by all means take a pass and look for something else.

No one is twisting your arm, certainly not me.

Good luck to you and good day.

Hi Lorraine,
You work for a great co that pays $ 25/hour. If I leave you my E-mail would you mind letting me know what co. you work for so I can give them a call. I am currently out of a job and would certainly be interested. I have 15.5 yrs of coding experience and am strong in I.P. but can do others fine. I am an RHIT.
Thanks,
momintouch@sbcglobal.net

Lorraine in Connersville, Indiana

79 months ago

I don't believe my employer seeks candidates outside the U.S.

New beginner in Charlotte, North Carolina

78 months ago

I am looking for a book to study from for my medical coding examination. Do you ladies have any recommendations for it? I currently am doing my coding studies online. I would like to know also if its hard and could I find a job online that would give me the experience.

srich in Yakima, Washington

78 months ago

New beginner in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I am looking for a book to study from for my medical coding examination. Do you ladies have any recommendations for it? I currently am doing my coding studies online. I would like to know also if its hard and could I find a job online that would give me the experience.

Hi - well it would help to know what exam you are studying for (CPC? CCA? CCS?) Yes, the exams are tough - a good study guide is the key.
I'd say it would be difficult to find an online coding job with no "real" experience under your belt. Most companies want coders with several years experience.
Hope this helps.

Leah in Atlanta, Georgia

78 months ago

Without prior experience you will have to start as an extern with NO pay and pray they hire you. Jobs are scarce and coding does not pay. I am not in the field anymore except to help people understand the tie between coding and computers. One must know both or else you will not be hired. The days of looking up codes in books are coming to an end quickly.

Best of luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Leah in Atlanta, Georgia

78 months ago

ccalvert@outcomesinc.com

Interested here. I have 2 offices in my home on a LAN with high speed broadband. What kind of software do you use?

jkonda in Canton, South Dakota

78 months ago

Looking for at home coding job, i am a certified medical coder since 2004. I specialize in Anesthesia, Pain Management, and E/M.

jkonda in Canton, South Dakota

78 months ago

ccalvert@outcomesinc.com

I am a Certified Professional Coder, i have been certified for 5 years through the AAPC, i am work mostly with Anesthesia, Pain Management and E/M, but also work with ENT, Veins, Work comp, Surgical Centers, and Family Practice. Looking for something part time to do from home.

78 months ago

jkonda in Canton, South Dakota said: I am a Certified Professional Coder, i have been certified for 5 years through the AAPC, i am work mostly with Anesthesia, Pain Management and E/M, but also work with ENT, Veins, Work comp, Surgical Centers, and Family Practice. Looking for something part time to do from home.

Hi, Just an FYI - The job mentioned as a remote dx coder for $20 an hour no longer exists. That was the pay rate earlier this year - which was great. It has since changed to a per chart payment basis - which isn't so great. A whole lot of work for very little $$$$.
I'd look elsewhere.

Leah in Atlanta, Georgia

78 months ago

Good luck.

Leah in Atlanta, Georgia

78 months ago

ccalvert@outcomesinc.com

I am interested. I have broadband connection. Inpatient/outpatient diagnostic coding and AAPC Certified. Contact me at fay.l@comcast.net

Leah in Atlanta, Georgia

78 months ago

Lorraine W. in Connersville, Indiana said: Is your 8 yrs of experience in nursing or in coding?

Did that job pan out for you or was it just a head hunter?

78 months ago

Leah in Atlanta, Georgia said: I am interested. I have broadband connection. Inpatient/outpatient diagnostic coding and AAPC Certified. Contact me at fay.l@comcast.net

If you are interested in Outcomes - be aware that they no longer pay by the hour. Its by the chart, which is not lucrative from a coder's perspective.

kmhext in Cooperstown, New York

78 months ago

I am a certified professional coder and a member of the Radiology
Specialty Board of Advisors on the Board of Advanced Medical Coding (BAMC). I have 12+ years experience in the medical coding field. I am knowledgeable in all areas of ICD-9-CM and CPT coding, specializing in diagnostic and interventional radiology. Strengths include vast knowledge of physician coding and medical terminology and I have extensive experience in re-working Medicare rejections/denials and HCC (Hierarchical Condition Category/Medicare Risk Adjustments) projects. I am proficient in IDXIDX/RAD, Zotech, Meditech, CodeRyte, ChartOne, and A-Life medical coding systems to name a few.
I am an independent contractor and have been working as a remote
coder (via FedEx,Internet, etc.) since 2001. I have the following credentials: CPC, CMC, CCS-P, ACS-RA, CMBS, PCS, RCC and I am currently looking for more remote work.
kmhext@yahoo.com

smcneilly4@sbcglobal.net in Norco, California

78 months ago

Hi,
Have you tried to contact Peak Health Solutions in San Diego, Calif., Docucoders in Ohio or Health Information Partners in Newport Beach, Calif.

Betty in Cheyenne, Wyoming

77 months ago

Wow, thanks all above. I am CPCH and having a hard time finding a job here. I have 20 years experience the last 10 years I was lead coder for the Emergency room. The hospital I was working for is in dire financial distress and has either terminated or fired dozens of hard working,loyal, long term employees. Myself and two other certified coders (CCS, RHIT) who love Wyoming are having tough times finding remote positions. I have been testing with traveling coding positions, but really do not want to travel. (I know I must be dreaming of staying home with todays economy) Can I get some advise please???? Thanks

Cat in Pensacola, Florida

77 months ago

Try contacting either Maxim Healthcare at maximhealthcare.com they also have a west coast office and ask about remote. Also go to the Outcomes website and apply, its either outcomes.com or outcomes.net. I hope this helps

Darlene Hruska in Sheridan, Wyoming

77 months ago

Betty in Cheyenne, Wyoming said: Wow, thanks all above. I am CPCH and having a hard time finding a job here. I have 20 years experience the last 10 years I was lead coder for the Emergency room. The hospital I was working for is in dire financial distress and has either terminated or fired dozens of hard working,loyal, long term employees. Myself and two other certified coders (CCS, RHIT) who love Wyoming are having tough times finding remote positions. I have been testing with traveling coding positions, but really do not want to travel. (I know I must be dreaming of staying home with todays economy) Can I get some advise please???? Thanks

Hi Betty,
I found this forum and saw that you were in Wyoming. I am currently taking online classes for a RHIT degree. Will you please contact me? I would like to visit more with you about the current job market.

Darlene Hruska in Sheridan. hruska@fiberpipe.net

Betty in Cheyenne, Wyoming

77 months ago

Hello Darlene,

I would like to visit with you also. I am interested in
CCS or RHIT. I am finding through head hunters that hospitals
realy prefer certification through AHIMA. I was also told
that salaries are better if you are certified through AHIMA.

I love AAPC as I was also taught the billing end of the business
in their curiculum too. It made coding clearer if I knew what billing needed to have to get claims through systems without
denials or other problems. I do not know if AHIMA teaches this
now but all of the coders that I know that are certified with
AHIMA have no idea at all about billing, revenue codes etc...

So, after all that blabber. How about after the holidays we
exchange email address mine is C_HEIL@BRESNAN.NET and we can
talk that way.

Have Merry Christmas! Betty

rntrap in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

77 months ago

Lorraine in Connersville, Indiana said: I can't give out the name on the board, since I mentioned the pay before (don't wanna lose my job lol), but if you email me at woman_skornd@yahoo.com I'll disclose it if it can remain discreet.

My rate is $25/hr coding mainly inpatient charts.

Could you email your company you work for? I do coding for a company as a nurse but if I want to do remote reviews I have to get certified. I am taking classes at AAPC Here is my email address: rntrap@verizon.net

moa1994 in Orlando, Florida

76 months ago

ccalvert@outcomesinc.com

I'm looking for a remote diagnostic coding position . Contact me.

76 months ago

moa1994 in Orlando, Florida said: I'm looking for a remote diagnostic coding position . Contact me.

Hi - FYI - you are responding to an ancient posting. The $20 per hour job no longer exists. This company pays by the chart now......
Hope this helps.

stocks22 in Atlanta, Georgia

76 months ago

Thanks for the info. I would imagine thousands responding to that ad. They do have a website, but the ad is old.

76 months ago

Casey in Flint, Michigan said: I have a year and a half of inpatient coding experience and have my RHIT credential, as well as 9 years of transcription experience. I'm looking for a part-time remote coding opportunity.

Thanks!
Casey

I hate to break it to you, but coding is hard to get UNLESS you are experienced in computers, software, etc. I am also a CPC, but I have IT and software skills that are going to be needed, a drastic change for all the Draconian coding done in the past, by books. I have a consulting firm if anyone wants advice. Jobs are hard to find....

Dana Marlena in Buffalo, New York

76 months ago

Casey in Flint, Michigan said: I have a year and a half of inpatient coding experience and have my RHIT credential, as well as 9 years of transcription experience. I'm looking for a part-time remote coding opportunity.

Thanks!
Casey

A lot of these comments seem so negative. I am currently taking a program to get my CPC certificate and my teacher said they are jobs everywhere and they will be willing to take on trainees. I live in Buffalo, New York but will re-locate to the Tampa Florida or Flagstaff Arizona area in September when I finish this program. Does anyone have any leads for these aresa please?

Simone Godfrey in Creedmoor, North Carolina

76 months ago

ccalvert@outcomesinc.com

My name is Simone Godfrey and I have been a certified coder since 2005. I am interested in the remote medical coder position. If the position is still available, my e-mail is burnell1920@yahoo.com

Simone Godfrey in Creedmoor, North Carolina

76 months ago

2008PRNCoder CPC in MADISON said: I am seeking part time remote coding overflow work in Radiology. I am currently coding for two billing companies PRN and overflow work. Experienced in Alife, Coderyte and other programs. email me at coderharmon@yahoo.com

My name is Simone Godfrey and I have been a certified coder since 2005. I am interested in the coding position posted. I have 3 years coding experience in office visits and Radiology procedures. If still available my e-mail is burnell1920@yahoo.com

76 months ago

Teachers and coding schools will say there are jobs every where. They want your money for classes. Even people with years of experience and AHIMA certifications are having problems finding work. If you like to travel a lot you may find work. I just queried a couple of companies and they have NO openings.

Best of luck.

BB in Longview, Texas

76 months ago

Ok... I am just starting a certification program in Coding. I want to work from home and make decient money. Any suggestions on being successful or where to start?

G Michaels in Youngstown, Ohio

76 months ago

Here is a free practice exam if you need one. www.medicalcodingpro.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

BB in Longview, Texas

76 months ago

G Michaels in Youngstown, Ohio said: Here is a free practice exam if you need one. www.medicalcodingpro.com

thanks! and I mispelled deceint :) . I also wanted to add that I am 21 years old and very well educated on computers. Will this help?

dragonflye in Salisbury, Maryland

76 months ago

Hi. I am a CPC have been for 2 and half years. I did coding mainly in mental health but have done some E/M work in pediatrics(2 mo), internal medicine(2 mo), long term care (3 mo), and orthopaedics (4 mo). I am in need of a job prefer remote coding at home. I am a fast worker and would like an oppourtunity to do some surgeries or other specialities. Please contact me at dragonflye99@yahoo.com for possible job offers. Thank you and have a good day.

Myla Graham-Boggs in Shelbyville, Indiana

76 months ago

ccalvert@outcomesinc.com

Is this positions still available? I'm very interested.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dragonflye in Salisbury, Maryland

76 months ago

ccalvert@outcomesinc.com

Hello. I just received this message. I would be interested in a remote coding position either part time or full time. Please let me know how I can get started. Thank you. Email me at dragonflye99@yahoo.com

Kathryn Williams

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Simone Godfrey in Raleigh, North Carolina

76 months ago

I just received an e-mail message. You are looking for a part-time remote diagnostic coder. If the position is still available, I would be interested in a remote coding position part-time. Please let me know what I have to do to get started. Thank you. You can e-mail me burnell1920@yahoo.com

Simone Godfrey

Simone Godfrey in Raleigh, North Carolina

76 months ago

ccalvert@outcomesinc.com

I just received and e-mail message. I see you are looking for a part-time remote diagnostic coder. If it is still avaiable, I would be interested in the position. Thank you. You can e-mail burnell1920@yahoo.com

Simone Godfrey

brittney in Salisbury, Maryland

76 months ago

dragonflye in Salisbury, Maryland said: Hello. I just received this message. I would be interested in a remote coding position either part time or full time. Please let me know how I can get started. Thank you. Email me at dragonflye99@yahoo.com

Kathryn Williams

i will like to baby set your child ok.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.