Non-Certified Work from home Medical coding jobs in Georgia

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 363)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

T.Johnson in Tifton, Georgia

98 months ago

I would like to work form home doing Medical Coding in Georgia.I am not certified yet but I do have 2 and a half years ecperience in Coding.I would like to work from home home full time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (760) / No (119) Reply - Report abuse

J. House in Hattiesburg, Mississippi

97 months ago

I would like to work from home doing Medical Coding. I have 5 1'2 years experience with reimbursement and coding and I am currently studying for my CPC certification.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (109) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Donna Rick in Louisville, Kentucky

96 months ago

I am registered nurse and am CPC certified. I would like to work from home doing medical coding.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (113) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

vickie cline

96 months ago

I have been in the medical coding field for about 15 years.I am not certified either,but am working on it. My speciality is ER coding. Why can't I code from home? Just because we are not certified doesn't mean we can't do the job...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (100) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Lorraine W. in Connersville, Indiana

96 months ago

vickie cline said: I have been in the medical coding field for about 15 years.I am not certified either,but am working on it. My speciality is ER coding. Why can't I code from home? Just because we are not certified doesn't mean we can't do the job...

It entirely depends on the hospital/physician office/remote contracting firm. Some of them won't care. Others insist on employees holding a credential. I wouldn't be surprised if it helps facilities during JCAHO certification/inspection.

I know it's a bad comparison (but all I could come up with on short notice LOL), but would you go to a doctor who never bothered to get his MD? Radiology techs need a certification, as do Pharmacy techs, dental hygienists, etc.

Btw, I worked with a woman in the Seattle area who wasn't credentialed either, also coded ER's/E&M's. The hospital typically insisted that coders obtain at least an RHIT/RHIA within the first year of employment. If they also went on to get a CCS, they were in a higher pay grade.

This coder had earned an AS in Health Information Technology--eligible to sit for the RHIT--but had a) never learned to code outpatient surgeries or inpatients and b) had severe panic disorder, especially during testing. In the 20 years since she earned her degree, she had sat for the exam EIGHT (8) TIMES.

But at least she tried, and that's what saved her position at the hospital. She made the effort.

In the last year that I worked with her, she became determined to get at least one credential, so she pushed management to let her cross-train. I heard that she finally sat for the CCS-P 2 years ago and passed it, and is now preparing for her RHIT again.

A credential is a funny thing. Some who don't have it are very good coders. Some who do have one are awful. It's up to the employer. But having one eliminates a lot of the uncertainty in the employer's eyes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Lorraine W. in Connersville, Indiana

96 months ago

^^meant to say "It's up to the employer to either demand one or not."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Lorraine W in Connersville, Indiana

95 months ago

Carole Remba in West Orange, New Jersey said: I am an RHIA who has coded E & M for 9 years. I have applied to may inpatient hospital jobs that all require hospital experience. Any ideas how to break in?

Thanks

Where were you performing your coding work? I would think that experience alone would qualify you...but then again, I don't live in NJ lol. You really might consider travel work, becoming an independent contractor, or a remote coding firm. They are definitely out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

vickie cline

95 months ago

I worked in a hospital coding ER records which required the E&M. I was fortunate enough that my coding experience alone got me in the door, not my credentials.

I was laid off, so now its hard to get my foot in the door at a hospital or for that matter,any coding position. They all want CPC,RHIT,RHIA or CCS not experience, I guess they don't want to accept the liability. No I am not credentialed, YET, but I am studying for it as we speak.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Carole Remba in West Orange, New Jersey

95 months ago

I have a small child so I can't travel - do you know any companies that offer remote coding. I tried one and you had to do a training in LA for 3 weeks for training.

I worked in a large (600 MD's) medical faculty group associated with a large hospital.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Ms. Thompson in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania

95 months ago

Could you let me know who the company was in LA? I could do the training for 3 weeks.

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

95 months ago

Carole Remba in West Orange, New Jersey said: I have a small child so I can't travel - do you know any companies that offer remote coding. I tried one and you had to do a training in LA for 3 weeks for training.

I worked in a large (600 MD's) medical faculty group associated with a large hospital.

Complete Coding Solutions

www.completecodingsolutions.com/remotecoding.html

Lexicode/Sourcecorp (but they seem to want inpatient skills, too)

www.lexicode.com/remoteathome.html

Amphion Medical

www.amphionmedical.com/html/careers.php

Maxim

www.maximhealthinformationservices.com

Care Communications

www.carecommunications.com/careers.html

Precyse Solutions (search in Healthcare, sometimes remote positions crop up--just look for the location)

www.precysesolutions.com/precyse-careers.asp

Definitely focus on the positives for your resume...and apply for positions even if their requirements don't match your credentials/experience. If at all possible, include a cover letter/written statement accentuating your work history and that you are eager to learn other specialties. It can't hurt!

Btw, the above results were from Googling 'remote coder' and 'remote coding jobs'.

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

95 months ago

Dagnabbit, it copied the same link again!

::snarling at computer::

Well, all I can suggest is googling the name for each link I TRIED to copy...there is something weird with this site, it does this to me every time I have more than one link in a post.

Sorry about that. :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ms. Thompson in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania

95 months ago

Thank you!

I wish the bests for you to.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tonya in Nashville, Tennessee

95 months ago

Carole Remba in West Orange, New Jersey said: I am an RHIA who has coded E & M for 9 years. I have applied to may inpatient hospital jobs that all require hospital experience. Any ideas how to break in?

Thanks

Hello all, I am glad to find this forum. I am a Health Information Management Major, I need help from an RHIA already in the field. Could you or anyone tell me is it worth going to school 4 years for this career? I am on the fence and I am searching for others who already graduated to tell me their experience. Pleas help me, I don't want to get out of school only to make $10.00 an hour. I see that the money makers are in management and directors. I don't want to graduate only for them to say I need experience because I already went through that with medical assisting. Please anyone enlighten me on the graduate experience. Thank you for your help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

95 months ago

Ms. Thompson in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania said: Could you let me know who the company was in LA? I could do the training for 3 weeks.

Thanks!

Could you let me know also who does training in LA? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

95 months ago

Ms. Thompson in Hopewell, New Jersey said: I'm a nurse by profession. I have more then 15 years coding experience in healthcare and pharmaceutical coding.

Where did you do pharmaceutical coding? Was it hard to get in to do that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

95 months ago

Thank you for your help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Liz in Lititz, Pennsylvania

95 months ago

Does anybody know any company that hire Medical Coders to work from home? I have been looking and exhausted EVERY website that has been posted in this forum. But I have NO luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

95 months ago

Which ones have you tried and what happened? The only one I know about is The Coding Source. Tim Sprague 1-866-235-7553

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

95 months ago

Carole Remba in West Orange, New Jersey said: Which ones have you tried and what happened? The only one I know about is The Coding Source. Tim Sprague 1-866-235-7553

what company is he from? I am in Pennsylvania.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

95 months ago

The name is The Coding Source - you can check out their website.

95 months ago

Carole Remba in West Orange, New Jersey said: The name is The Coding Source - you can check out their website.

thank you. I checked it out and they have nothing for Pennsylvania. Thank you tho

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kim in Wooster, Ohio

95 months ago

I have a diploma in medical coding-- and as of right now I work at a chiropractic office verifying insurance, medical billing and coding as well as checking on patients accounts. My goal from the start of my schooling was to work from home in the medical coding field. I'm not sure how to find @ home coding jobs---any suggestions??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

bob3660 in Discovery Bay, California

95 months ago

I don't mean to sound mean-spirited, so please take this as a "constructive observation," when I say that before you submit a post or send a Letter of Inquiry or a resume, to always proof-read what you've written! Misspelling of words and/or poor grammar are a "red flag" to most prospective employers, especially in jobs which require a high level of attention-to-detail.

I mean this as a general statement, and not directed towards any particular person.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

TM in Vero Beach, Florida

95 months ago

Ms. Thompson in Hopewell, New Jersey said: I'm a nurse by profession. I have more then 15 years coding experience in healthcare and pharmaceutical coding.

could you tell what pharmaceutical companies to consider; I've always found that aspect of coding fascinating.Its seemingly difficult to come by that type of coding in comparison with physician and outpatient coding.

stacymorgan in Nashville, Georgia

95 months ago

I have a Medical Coding certificate and have not been able to get a job because every place wants experience. I had a 4.0 GPA in school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sonia in Pompano Beach, Florida

94 months ago

Hi, I'm an LPN by profession and hve been working as a medical coder ( onsite & remote) for over a year , i'm also in the process of becoming a CCS . The company i'm working for is very slow , and I really need to work .
Does anyone know of any other companies that will hire someone like me.
HELP!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

vickie cline

94 months ago

I don't know of any company in specific, but there is a website www.healthjobusa.com that you may want to check out. Usually Florida is hoping with jobs...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

94 months ago

If you go to the AAPC website there is alot of joblistings there, just type in your city.

Sonia in Pompano Beach, Florida said: Hi, I'm an LPN by profession and hve been working as a medical coder ( onsite & remote) for over a year , i'm also in the process of becoming a CCS . The company i'm working for is very slow , and I really need to work .
HELP!!!

Shyela in Cheyenne, Wyoming

93 months ago

I graduated from an AHIMA accredited RHIT program. However, I have been out of the field for a few years and have very little concrete coding experience. I would love to get back out there and get into coding. My local hospital has five coding positions open, the problem is, they require certification and two years experience. How do I get experience?

Lorraine in Connersville, Indiana

93 months ago

My employer may have openings for remote work. I have been in their employ as of March of this year, beginning as a per diem coder, then transitioning to full-time status in June.

The initial coding test is brutal, but they are looking for coders who don't require hand-holding. I am not sure which credentials they require, but all of my coworkers are RHIT or CCS. To my knowledge, the coding does NOT entail professional fee.

CDMP training would likely be a plus.

If interested, please contact me at woman_skornd@yahoo.com, NOT via messages on this board.

Thank you.

www.indeed.com/forum/job/medical-coder/Have-2-Years-Experience-IP-OP-ER/t88930

All who respond may then call me for more details (number given via email, not via this board).

Rebecca in Canton, Ohio

93 months ago

Carole Remba in West Orange, New Jersey said: I have a small child so I can't travel - do you know any companies that offer remote coding. I tried one and you had to do a training in LA for 3 weeks for training.

Hi, Would you be willing to tell me what company wanted you to go out to LA for three weeks. I am trying to find company's to apply for that does home medical coding.
Thanks,
Rebecca

adscoder27 in Copperas Cove, Texas

92 months ago

I know of a company who offers remote coding Maximhealthcare.com. I hope this helps somebody.

Crystal Wright in Westfield, North Carolina

91 months ago

I'm getting ready to Start Medical Coding And i have 3 levels to go through.Can someone tell me if there is any work @ home in this.?

DANETTA BROWN in Plano, Texas

91 months ago

ms. Robinson in Irving, Texas said: I would like a fulltime job coding at home, i am currentlt waiting on certification date for testing.have 1year experience.

I RECENTLY GRADUATED IN MEDICAL INSURANCE AND CODING. I ALSO RECENTLY MOVED TO TEXAS(IRVING) AND I AM HAVING A HARD TIME GETTING EXPERIENCE IN THE FIELD. DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS. PLEASE HELP ME. DBGODIVA@YAHOO.COM THANK YOU.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Trennis in Savannah, Georgia

91 months ago

-------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Carole,
Could you please tell me the name of the company you applied with for the remote medical coder position. That required training for 3 weeks. I am interested in working from home also. But not having alot of luck. I can do the training. Please respond via email: JamilahJo89@yahoo.com

Thanks

Trennis

ray in New York, New York

91 months ago

Kim in Wooster, Ohio said: I have a diploma in medical coding-- and as of right now I work at a chiropractic office verifying insurance, medical billing and coding as well as checking on patients accounts. My goal from the start of my schooling was to work from home in the medical coding field. I'm not sure how to find @ home coding jobs---any suggestions??

Hit the road and canvas doctor offices. It won't come to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Michele in Granbury, Texas

91 months ago

I currently work at home as a remote coder. I don't like the job at all. It pays well and has great benefits, but the work they send to do in one day is a lot more than 8 hours of work. It is a salaried position, so if you work 12 hours in one day, you don't get paid for it.

I have friends that work for hospitals coding at home. Hospitals treat their employees a lot better than these remote coding companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Amy in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

91 months ago

What organization do you work for Michele? What were your qualifications prior to being offered this job?

Amy

91 months ago

I still work for them, so I won't post the name of the organization. I need a job (can't afford to be fired).

I have credentials through AHIMA and an AAS in HIT with 13 years coding experience.

I have applied with a major medical system (they have several hospitals throughout the metroplex), but they aren't sending coders home to work yet. It is coming soon, though. I think eventually, all of these hospitals with be set up to let their coders work at home and there won't be as much need for all of these remote coding companies.

Amy in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

91 months ago

You have the PERFECT background for a work at home position. Congrats on achieving what many people set as a goal for themselves. You are a great example.

Amy :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

91 months ago

Thanks, Amy! I know there's got to be a better job out there than this one. I loved my last job! They are no longer in business. It wasn't a work-at-home job, but it was a fantastic job!! They treated us so well and we got paid by the chart.

My company is very strict about hiring credentialed, experienced coders. We have to have people that know what they are doing and we have to keep the clients (hospitals) happy. They won't hire anyone without experience because they need people that are ready to perform the coding with a high level of accuracy (especially working at home without supervision). We are audited every other week and if we don't maintain a high accuracy rate, they let you go. I know that they have let people go that make too many mistakes because it can cause them to lose clients. When people are hired on, they go through a probationary period and all of their work is checked. After they reach a certain level of accuaracy, they will let them work on their own. I know I was told that there have been some that could never reach that level, and were let go. Coding is tough because there is so much you have to know and it changes all of the time.

When I first finished college, it was easy to find work (I was hired the day after graduation). I am finding that's not the case anymore. I am almost to the point that I would gladly start driving to a hospital again instead of doing this job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Diana in Garland, Texas

90 months ago

Would you please tell me the name of the Company you work for that does Remote Coding.

Thank you!

90 months ago

Medical Claims and Billing Services in Cleveland, Tennessee said: Does anyone know any Doctors to do billing for? I have been doing this for 10 yrs and I have a home office.
Thanks

I don't know of any doctors that will hire someone to do their billing out of a home office. Most all doctors have staff that work in their office that do the billing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rose of sharon in Smyrna, Georgia

90 months ago

Sonia in Pompano Beach, Florida said: Hi, I'm an LPN by profession and hve been working as a medical coder ( onsite & remote) for over a year , i'm also in the process of becoming a CCS . The company i'm working for is very slow , and I really need to work .
HELP!!!

what process are you taking to become a ccs i look for a school to get my ccs can you pass on any information you may thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rena Hancox in Flint, Michigan

90 months ago

I am looking for a job in billing and coding or unit clerk. If anyone have any information could you please let me know.

Thanks!!!!

renahancox in Flint, Michigan

90 months ago

rose of sharon in Smyrna, Georgia said: what process are you taking to become a ccs i look for a school to get my ccs can you pass on any information you may thanks

I attend Herzing College Online for Billing and Coding. They have a Associate Degree program for billing and coding. I enjoy attending and I am learning a lot from the teachers there and everyone is very helpful. If you want to go to their web site and check it out. www.herzg.edu

Hope I was some help

Rena

89 months ago

thank you for the information

renahancox in Flint, Michigan

89 months ago

you welcome

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

if you are willing to move georgia check out Atlanta Medical Center TENET good luck

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.