Remote Coding Pay

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 816)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Jon Bivins in Los Angeles, California

83 months ago

How much can I expect to earn with a remote coding job? I have 3.5 years experience with Inpatient and Outpatient Coding, and hold the CCS. I know that they pay less, but what is realistic to ask for? I do not want to be taken advantage of by some of these bigger firms like Maxim or Peak, though they are good companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (310) / No (46) Reply - Report abuse

Janice Maloney in abingdon, Illinois

83 months ago

Bill, I am interested in to seeing what you have available. Could you please contact me and see if I have the qualifications you need. I really am interested in remote coding from home. But am willing to travel some distance. Your location is close to me. Thanks, Janice

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Bill Maurice in Canton, Illinois

83 months ago

Hi Janice,

Can you email me your resume?

Thanks,

Bill

Bill Maurice,RHIT,CCS-P

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Melissa England in York, Pennsylvania

82 months ago

Bill Maurice in Cuba, Illinois said: Hi Jon,

Are looking for remote coding? If so, I'm definetly interested in your back-ground and would like to interview
you. I need coders either as a independent contractor or direct hire. My email address is b_maurice@sbcglobal.net.

Thanks,

Bill

Bill Maurice,RHIT,CCS-P

I am interested in remote inpatient coding. I have my RHIA, CCS and 8 yrs. experience in inpatient coding. Do you have anything available?

Thanks,
Melissa England, RHIA, CCS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Connie Roberts in Leetonia, Ohio

82 months ago

Are looking for remote coding? If so, I'm definetly interested in your back-ground and would like to interview
you. I need coders either as a independent contractor or direct hire. My email address is b_maurice@sbcglobal.net.

Thanks,

Bill

Bill Maurice,RHIT,CCS-P

I am interested in remote outpatient/Emergency Medicine coding. I have my RHIT and 7 years experience in outpatient and Emergency Medicine coding. I am getting ready to study for the CCS. I would be interested in hearing what your organization has to offer in positions and benefits.

Thank you,
Connie Roberts, RHIT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Vicente T Chong in Saipan, Northern Mariana Islands

82 months ago

I AM INTERESTED IN CODING INPATIENT AND OUTPATIENT CODING JOB. I HAVE SEARCH ONLINE BUT NO ONE IS HIRING ME BECAUSE I LIVE ON SAIPAN. DOES ANYONE KNOWS ANY COMPANY THAT CAN HIRE PEOPLE FROM SAIPAN FOR REMOTE HOME CODING JOBS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Love2Code in Sanford, Florida

82 months ago

I Have my CPC and would like to work from home. Can anyone help in advising how I could start coding from home? I have 3 years E/M auditing/coding experience. I am currently traveling within Central Florida auditing and educating physicians E/M Coding. I would like to be able to work from home. Please email me at Hischosen77@aim.com

Thank You,
Cynthia

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Vicente in Saipan, Northern Mariana Islands

82 months ago

I am from outside the US mainland searching for remote coding job with CCS credential and active member of AHIMA. I would go to your AAPC website and search for job search sponsored by AAPC. You need good computer (DELL), high speed internet connection, VPN capable setup, and windows XP. These are what I have received from online job searches. Hope this helps. I am still job searching. I had attend two AAPC conference in Nevada and Hawaii. I had a great time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Connie Roberts in Lima, Ohio

82 months ago

Vicente in Saipan, Northern Mariana Islands said: I am from outside the US mainland searching for remote coding job with CCS credential and active member of AHIMA. I would go to your AAPC website and search for job search sponsored by AAPC. You need good computer (DELL), high speed internet connection, VPN capable setup, and windows XP. These are what I have received from online job searches. Hope this helps. I am still job searching. I had attend two AAPC conference in Nevada and Hawaii. I had a great time.

I am questioning if anyone knows of companies that will accept satellite high speed internet. I am finding that the companies I am contacting want high speed internet, but not satellite internet to those of us that live in the "country". Thank you for your help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kyle O'Donnell in Tampa, Florida

82 months ago

You might want to see if your local phone service offers DSL. I know my parents live in Ohio and they are out in the country. No cable within 3 miles. They now have DSL from the phone company. The question you need to ask yourself is, will the speed be enough to connect and be functionable. As you know with Satellite, if a rain or snow storm is coming through it will blackout. If you experience blackouts you will not be productive and will spend to much time on the phone trying to correct something that cannot be corrected. I feel your pain. I was a child growing up with 3 channels on the TV. Now I have 200 and I still can't find things to watch.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Teresa Avery in Dillsburg, Pennsylvania

81 months ago

I also am looking for remote coding work - full or part-time. I am an RHIA, CCS, and CCS-P. I have done outpatient, short stay surgeries, E/M coding, physician office, amd inpatient.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sue M in Hazlet, New Jersey

81 months ago

I'm interested in a part-time remote coding position. I completed a 12 week course and received my CBCS from NHA in 2006. I haven't had any experience coding, as I needed to take a position in another field right after graduating and receiving my CBCS(finanical constraints).

I am now in a better position to use my medical coding certificaiton. I have 17 years previous experience in the technology field, 9 of which I worked as a telecommuter for a major company. Are there any companies that would offer me a part-time remote medical coding position without any prior field experience?

I've heard of a few companies that would do something like this as long as I went through their training courses?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Can you email me your resume? I have inpatient and outpatient coding positions available.

Bill Maurice,RHIT,CCS-P

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Melissa, Can you email me your resume? I have remote positions available.

Bill

Bill Maurice,RHIT,CCS-P
b_maurice@sbcglobal.net

Melissa England in York, Pennsylvania said: I am interested in remote inpatient coding. I have my RHIA, CCS and 8 yrs. experience in inpatient coding. Do you have anything available?

Thanks,
Melissa England, RHIA, CCS

Constance Okoro in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

81 months ago

I am looking for a remote coding position doing inpatient and outpatient coding. I just recenlty graduated and I have my certification through the National Center for Compentency Testing (NCCT).

Jonathon Harris in Los Angeles, California

81 months ago

We are looking for a candidate for Assistant Director of Medical Coding for a large pro-fee ER/ED medical billing firm.

If you are interested, of know anyone, please contact me at jharris@marinabilling.com or 562-809-3509.

Thank you

JAIME WINDMEYER in TROY, Kansas

81 months ago

I am looking for remote coding, I am an RHIT with 8 years of coding experience. I have coded inpatient, outpatient surgeries, ER, rehabitation, skilled care, ancillary,observation, outpatient therapies and E & M for both facility and provider. I have been studying for the CCS and will take if necessary for a remote coding position.

Thank you,

Jaime Windmeyer

Gail Smith in Beverly, New Jersey

81 months ago

HI
My name is Gail Smith from Burlington, NJ 08016. I completed Medical Billing and Coding school in December. I took my NHA exam in January. I would like to do billing from home. I seem to be having trouble getting a job in this field. I would appreciate it if you could give me some insight as to where I should be looking. If you are not the right company.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lindy in Saint Louis, Missouri

81 months ago

[QUOTE <Edited by Host: Recruitment advertisement removed>

What is a good way to get training in this field (Remote coding RHIT)?
Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Thanks,

Bill

Bill Maurice,RHIT,CCS-P

Does anyone know of any online training for RHIT or RHIA Associate Degree classes?

Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Constance Okoro in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma said: I am looking for a remote coding position doing inpatient and outpatient coding. I just recenlty graduated and I have my certification through the National Center for Compentency Testing (NCCT).

Do you know of any online training for an Associate Degree for RHIT or RHIA? I don't trust the allied-type schools for training. I'm not sure if they really have qualified teachers.

Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Kyle ODonnell in Tampa, Florida said: Jaime,

Please forward me a copy of your most recent resume. I would like to speak to you about opportunities with MedPartners HIM. kodonnell@medpartnershim.com

Regards,

Kyle O'Donnell

Kyle,

I will be happy to send a copy of my resume. My phone numbers are listed so don't hesitate to call or email with any further questions.

Thank you,

Jaime Windmeyer

81 months ago

Hi Bill,

My resume is on it's way. Let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks,

Jaime Windmeyer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Alys Stuersel in Oswego, Illinois

81 months ago

Hi,
I am interested in remote IP coding. I have over 8 yrs. experience in acute care facilities. I'd be happy to send my resume.
Thanks,

Alys Stuersel, RHIA, CCS

Alys Stuersel in Oswego, Illinois

81 months ago

Hi Bill,
Did you receive my resume?

Thanks,
Alys

Marti in Biloxi, Mississippi

81 months ago

I would be interested in a remote coding position.
I have forwarded my Resume.

Thanks,

Marti

Nichole in Rapid City, Michigan

81 months ago

I am interested in a remote coding position. I hold my CCS and will be taking my RHIA exam in the fall. I have three years experience coding Outpts, Inpts, OBS, & SDS. Does anyone know of any openings?

Thanks,
Nichole

Tammy in Jersey in Franklinville, New Jersey

81 months ago

Hello to all,

I will be a graduate in May from an accredited AHIMA medical coding program. Over the next few months, I am planning on taking my certification test. Could anyone give me advice as to companies that would hire new coders? Most of the companies that I have seen and applied to want 2-5 years of experience. How can I get my foot in the door? Please help.

Tammy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Marti in Biloxi, Mississippi

81 months ago

Dear Kyle,

I am a CPC with 5 years experience in coding outpatient Clinics'. Ob/Gyn, ER, Audiology, Derm, Anesthesia and CRNA charges and I am interested in Remote Coding Position. I can forward my Resume. Look forward to hearing from you in the near future.
Thanks for your time and consoderation in this matter.

Thanks Again,

Marti

Suzanne in Hialeah, Florida

80 months ago

I own my own medical coding company and we specialize in all modality radiology. I have been working remotely for several differen't companies for over a year now.

My company is All American Coding Inc., I have a CPC and AA degree and have been certified since 2004.

I am looking for subcontract work, projects/ long or short term.

If anyone has a need, please email me at cocoaweez@comcast.net. I will be happy to forward my resume and I have impecible references.

Thank you,

Suzanne L. Slizewski, CPC, President
All American Coding Inc.
Boynton Beach, Florida

Patsy Kiespert in Guthrie, Oklahoma

80 months ago

I am interested in obtaining part time remote coding from home. I hold a RHIT degree, and have been coding SDS/OBS/OP for 10 years. I have been auditing for the last 3 months. Does anyone know of any openings?

Thank you,
Patsy

Whittnae in Flushing, Michigan

80 months ago

Lindy in Saint Louis, Missouri said: Does anyone know of any online training for RHIT or RHIA Associate Degree classes?

Thank you!

Check out www.rctc.edu -- Rochester community and technical college in Rochester, MN has an online RHIA program.

Tori Morris in Galesburg, Illinois

80 months ago

I just finished my Medical coding classes and want to start working as Medical coder. I would like to work remotely from home.
How do I get started?

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

cmarie in Jacksonville, Florida

80 months ago

I am interested in a part-time remote coding position. I am also interested in the pay for these types of positions and also if anyone knows some companies that offer remote coding. Thanks!

Lorraine W. in Connersville, Indiana

80 months ago

cmarie in Jacksonville, Florida said: I am interested in a part-time remote coding position. I am also interested in the pay for these types of positions and also if anyone knows some companies that offer remote coding. Thanks!

Google 'remote coding'. Also, in the Job Seeker area of AHIMA.org, you can search 'remote' for coding positions.

I found enormous amounts of jobs that way. One thing to think about is that not all remote companies operate efficiently. I have heard horror stories from some coders that the company they worked for messed up payroll, either not paying them what they were due, or 'losing' their paychecks. Others say they have huge amounts of work...and then fizzle. Both have happened to me, not from the same company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michelle Rimmer, CHI,CBCS in Brick, New Jersey

80 months ago

Gail Smith in Beverly, New Jersey said: HI
My name is Gail Smith from Burlington, NJ 08016. I completed Medical Billing and Coding school in December. I took my NHA exam in January. I would like to do billing from home. I seem to be having trouble getting a job in this field. I would appreciate it if you could give me some insight as to where I should be looking. If you are not the right company.

Thanks

Hi Gail,

I can advise you how to work as a biller from home, but may not advertise this on the site--feel free to email me at info@learnmedicalbillingonline.com

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Connie in Fremont, Ohio said: I think you would be a great help to those of us trying to find remote coding positions. What do you think is the best route for remote coding, outsourcing companies or hospitals that are sending coders home? Was the pay comparable to a hospital coding position?

Good question--my gut tells me the best route may very well be doing remote work directly for a hospital, as a hospital employee. That typically means you must live close to the facility (some allow you to live several hours away). Some facilities demand the coder work one day a month in-house, others a week every few weeks/months. You would always have 'first dibs' on the work, also.

Working for a remote consulting firm has some advantages, including the possibility of a variety of work/differing caseloads and casemix. But the danger is always that the work may run out (to give permanent coders enough to do), the company might lose their contract, and you may have several weeks or months of downtime. Plus, if others in their employ are doing shoddy work, that may negatively impact the reputation of that company, causing them to lose work. (Case in point--I spent a week recoding the work done by a terrible coder. There were errors in every chart she had done.)

Since you are an RHIT, you shouldn't have any trouble looking in the Job Seeker area of AHIMA. I would try first searching 'Coding - Outpatient', then again with the added search string of 'remote'. Be forewarned, however, that many remote companies require strong skills in both inpatient AND outpatient.

Also, do you have a searchable resume on AHIMA? I've received many requests for interviews simply from posting my resume there.

And lastly, I do recommend doing an online search for 'remote (medical) coding' and see what pops up.

Don't be afraid to contact companies that do contract/travel coding--many are moving toward remote anyway.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Connie,

As far as pay is concerned, it is typical for hospital-based remote jobs to pay lower than going through a remote company. Typical, but not always the case.

I have seen a range of $16-$30/hr, depending on the facility/hospital and the experience level of the coder.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tiffany Roberts in Marietta, Georgia

80 months ago

Thanks,

Bill

Bill Maurice,RHIT,CCS-P

Hi, My name is Tiffany Roberts
I have my associate degree in advance coding what advice can you give about getting hands on training. Marietta, Georgia

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tiffany Roberts in Marietta, Georgia

80 months ago

Hello
My name is Tiffany.I need help, I have my associate degree in advance coding. Can anyone offer some advise as to how I can get some handson training?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tori Morris in Galesburg, Illinois

80 months ago

Bill Maurice,

I just finished an on-line medical coding course in February. I very much want to get into remote medical coding.

I want to get certified but have read a lot of people are better off if they work a little before they get certifed. It seems to help?

I previously worked as a Payroll/Billing Clerk with over 3 years home healthcare billing using the McKesson HBOC Pathways system.

Please give your advice to getting certified and what I should do to get a job as a remote medical coder without any experience so far.
Thanks so much!
Tori

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Wuchnick in North Canton, Ohio

80 months ago

I am currently looking for students for my medical terminology, medical billing and coding classes. All classes are held via the internet. I am also accepting remote coding contracts. Please contack me at hcarn68794@aol.com

DON'T DELAY CLASS SPACE IS LIMITED
THANK YOU
DEBRA CARN - OWNER OF P&D MEDICAL CODIGN

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jessica in Atlanta, Georgia

80 months ago

Tiffany Roberts in Marietta, Georgia said: Hello
My name is Tiffany.I need help, I have my associate degree in advance coding. Can anyone offer some advise as to how I can get some handson training?

Tiffany, may I ask what school did you attend?

Kathy in Tampa, Florida

79 months ago

Gail,
How are you doing in this field? I was wondering because I was going to get into coding and see if I can work from home. I did not know alot about this line of work yet, but I was interested in what you thought about coding since you just got certified.
Have you found any opportunities in this field working from home yet?

Thank you for any advice!
Kathy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle Rimmer in Brick, New Jersey

79 months ago

Hi Kathy,

Are you looking to work from home as a home-based business owner, or did you want to work for someone else and do coding from home?

Kathy in Tampa, Florida

79 months ago

Michelle Rimmer, CHI,CBCS in Brick, New Jersey said: Hi Gail,

I can advise you how to work as a biller from home, but may not advertise this on the site--feel free to email me at info@learnmedicalbillingonline.com

Thanks

Hi,
I come across this on this forum and was wondering if you can give me some advice. I am interested in this field of coding and was looking to see where I can get the training at. However, do you have any advise on if this is a good field or not? They say alot of coders work from home, is that true and what is pay scale like for coders who work from home.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Kathy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kathy in Tampa, Florida

79 months ago

Michelle Rimmer in Brick, New Jersey said: Hi Kathy,

Are you looking to work from home as a home-based business owner, or did you want to work for someone else and do coding from home?

Hi Michelle,
First, thank you for replying to me!
Either one really. However, my first choice would be working for someone else and do coding from home.

Michelle, is this a good field to get in? and what should I expect in terms of pay?

I really appreciate your help!

Kathy

Michelle Rimmer in Brick, New Jersey

79 months ago

Kathy,

Can you email me outside of the forum? my email address is lmboadm@aol.com

Thanks,
Michelle

Kathy in Tampa, Florida

79 months ago

Michelle Rimmer in Brick, New Jersey said: Hi Kathy,

Michelle,
I sent a email to the address you provided, thanks again for your help.

Kathy

Carol Williams in Los Angeles, California

79 months ago

I just finished the Certified Coding Specialist program at Loma Linda University and I'm having problems finding a job, because everyone wants experience. Is their anyone that takes new coder?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »