Remote Coding from home

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (201 to 250 of 357)
Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

Renee McClendon in Corona, California

57 months ago

CORRECTION:

Susanna Petrie in Grass Valley, California said: I am an LVN in CA with 10 years experience on a Med/Surg/Rehab floor. LVN's are losing their jobs right and left from acute care so I thought I would transition into Medical coding. I am starting a course and have all my coding texts, but now I am wondering which ceritification to get? CPC or the AHIMA designation? And how does one go about finding a job? They ALL seem to say at least 2 years experience. How does one get the experience?

To the above comment, you made have been luck with your LVN experience for employment. It's extremently diffcult to obtain a coder position without experience even when you had the foundation of education, credentials, and references.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MC in Sacramento, California

57 months ago

Hello everyone. I am CCA certified with 1 year of experience in inpatient/outpatient coding, and I'm wondering how to get a coding position with this level of certification and experience. All the coding positions I've seen so far are for 2 years experience and up with the CCS certification. Any advice is most appreciated, Thank you!

Michelle

valentine in Salt Lake City, Utah

57 months ago

MC in Sacramento, California said: Hello everyone. I am CCA certified with 1 year of experience in inpatient/outpatient coding, and I'm wondering how to get a coding position with this level of certification and experience. All the coding positions I've seen so far are for 2 years experience and up with the CCS certification. Any advice is most appreciated, Thank you!

Michelle

If all the jobs you are seeing are 2 years experience with a CCS then it is probably inpatient coding, so you might want to try finding an outpatient/clinic job instead. Most of those would be fine with your year experience.

MC in Sacramento, California

57 months ago

Valentine,

Thank you so much for responding to my post. I'll definitely give that a try. All the advice I've received so far has been to try the hospital facilities or try remote coding, which has not been fruitful for me, so I really appreciate the helpful advice. Thank you again.

Michelle

valentine in Salt Lake City, Utah

57 months ago

MC in Sacramento, California said: Valentine,

Thank you so much for responding to my post. I'll definitely give that a try. All the advice I've received so far has been to try the hospital facilities or try remote coding, which has not been fruitful for me, so I really appreciate the helpful advice. Thank you again.

Michelle

Unfortunately a year experience is not enough for either hospital or remote coding. They usually prefer 2-3 years. While I agree that hospital is where most coders want to end up, very few of us start out there. We have to work our way up, gaining experience as we go.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Terry in Springfield, Missouri

57 months ago

Phyl in Warren, Michigan said: Thanks everyone for your advice. I've decided not to do the independent contractor thing at this time. If anyone who is a certified HOME HEALTH coder is looking for remote work, I can pass along the contact information.

Hi Phyl , I would like the contact info, as I want to try the contractor route again.I am certified in home health as well as a RHIT. I have been coding for over 8 years now. Thanks, Terry

57 months ago

Phyl in Warren, Michigan said: Is anyone an independent contractor? I'm already employed as a coder, but someone wants me to code part time as an independent contractor. Will I need a business license, liability insurance, etc.? What about taxes? I've never done this before and don't know if it would be worth it. Thanks for any input.

Hi Phyl ,I am interested in doing Home Health as a contractor. Would you email me the information that you have ? I am certified in Home Health and also a RHIT. I have been coding for over 8 years now and have worked as a contract coder before. Thanks ,Terry

Outpatient Coder in Sacramento, California

56 months ago

MC in Sacramento, California said: Valentine,

Michelle

Michelle,

I am in Sacramento also. Kaiser hires outpatient coders with CCA and one year of experience. Inpatient coder I with a CCA (must get CCS within 6 mo) and 2 years experience, and Coder II with CCS and 3 year experience. There is also a Kaiser coding test you must pass.

Kate in Baltimore, Maryland

56 months ago

Julie Shawkey in Hadley, Pennsylvania said: I am looking for a remote coding position from home full time.
I have been a coder since 1990 and became a CCS in 2000.
Have remote coding experience.
I have Inpatient, Outpatient Surgery, ER, Observation, and Ancillary coding and abstracting experience.

hi, i am a Cpc but have no coding exp, please let me know where i can start? Thanks and if you attend a AAPC mittings, i think you may find what you r looking for. Good luck.

Kate in Baltimore, Maryland

56 months ago

Outpatient Coder in Sacramento, California said: Michelle,

I am in Sacramento also. Kaiser hires outpatient coders with CCA and one year of experience. Inpatient coder I with a CCA (must get CCS within 6 mo) and 2 years experience, and Coder II with CCS and 3 year experience. There is also a Kaiser coding test you must pass.

Thank you so much for letting me know about Kaiser. I am in Baltimore MD, and have been looking for work for quite long time as a coder CPC, but have not much of experience. Thanks again.

Crystal Walls, CPC in Spearman, Texas

56 months ago

Hello, I am interested in remote coding from home on a full time basis. I have been coding/billing since 2001. I have experience in Pain Management, Physical Therapy, ASC, Evaluation & Management, Family Practice coding. I have been certified through AAPC since 2007. I have a Bachelors in Business focusinng in Management, Marketing, and Finance. I can be contacted at cryaboyd@hotmail.com

Thank you,
Crystal Walls

Sonia Francis in Humble, Texas

55 months ago

I am CPC Certified through AAPC and I am looking for remote Coding work. If anyone has any leads please let me know.

Thanks

Ryan Kelly in Brea, California

55 months ago

Terry in Springfield, Missouri said: Hi Phyl ,I am interested in doing Home Health as a contractor. Would you email me the information that you have ? I am certified in Home Health and also a RHIT. I have been coding for over 8 years now and have worked as a contract coder before. Thanks ,Terry

Hi Terry, I came across your posting and my company is looking for a coder with home health experience. We are a consulting company based in California. The company is The Coding Source and I can be reached at: rkelly@thecodingsource.com. We are also looking for both facility and professional coders with AHIMA and/or AAPC certification and 3+ years of experience.

Thanks, Ryan

Karen - RCJPS Mgr in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

55 months ago

hi

Dana in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

55 months ago

natalie_shishko@yahoo.com in Springfield, Missouri

55 months ago

I am looking for a non-certified remote coder position or a company who will train me for a remote coder position. I have completed the medical coding program and planning on taking the CCS exam as soon as I get on a job coding experience. Please email me with your response at natalie_shishko@yahoo.com

BeckieP in Clarksville, Indiana

54 months ago

whit5@suddenlink.net in Jacksonville, Texas said:

I would be interested in applying for this position. May I forward you my resume?

BeckieP in Clarksville, Indiana

54 months ago

Ryan Kelly in Brea, California said: Hi Terry, I came across your posting and my company is looking for a coder with home health experience. We are a consulting company based in California. The company is The Coding Source and I can be reached at: rkelly@thecodingsource.com. We are also looking for both facility and professional coders with AHIMA and/or AAPC certification and 3+ years of experience.

Thanks, Ryan

Ryan,

May I also forward you my resume?

Thank you
Beckie

sunakoangel in Fort Smith, Arkansas

54 months ago

My name is Dianne and I'm currently in AHIMA's Basic Coding Program. I'm trying to get some coding experience. My mentor mentioned that I could try for a part time job coding ancillary/testing, but unfortunately, it's kind of hard to find such positions around where I live. I currently work in medical records and they require coders to have at least two years experience.
I would appreciate any advice on how to get coding experience.

MeganRidpath in Riverside, New Jersey

54 months ago

Amanda in Belton, Missouri said: I am looking for a part time or full time remote coding position. I have an associates degree in Health Information Technology and I recently got a certificate thru continued education in Medical Billing and Coding. I will be taking coding certification exam in Nov. I have worked in the healthcare field for several yrs and have experience in dental, pediatric, and cardio. Looking for any helpful advice or information on becoming a remote coder. Good companies to work for, etc....... Also and good study material for the exam...?

Have you had any luck? I am in almost your same position with the education.
Also, did you pass the exam yet and which coding cert did you go for?

branqua in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

54 months ago

I'm looking for a Medical Claims Processor or Examiner travel assignment. I have my resume out with Dell and Jacobson, but they say they have no assignments, just a feeler add. Do anyone know of any other travel agencyis. I'm also signed with Broadpath.

fmrs in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

53 months ago

Hello All,
I am currently a Billing Compliance Analyst seeking part time medical coding employment. I have 10 years experience coding professional fee documentation. I have experience in Emergency Medicine, OB GYN, Anesthesia, Critical Care, Pain Management, Oncology, Lab Path, and Dermatology. I also have a MHA degree, along with RHIA and CPC certifications. I also have experience providing evaluation and management training for physicians.
If you know of any available positions in the Philadelphia area, please email me at: munfordf@msn.com
Thank You,

Danyell in Warner Robins, Georgia

53 months ago

whit5@suddenlink.net in Jacksonville, Texas said:

I would like the contact info about this job.I'm qualified.

Allie in Henderson, Nevada

53 months ago

sunakoangel in Fort Smith, Arkansas said: My name is Dianne and I'm currently in AHIMA's Basic Coding Program. I'm trying to get some coding experience. My mentor mentioned that I could try for a part time job coding ancillary/testing, but unfortunately, it's kind of hard to find such positions around where I live. I currently work in medical records and they require coders to have at least two years experience.
I would appreciate any advice on how to get coding experience.

Ask the coding supervisor or HIM manager if you could come in on your own time and code charts that have already been coded (that way any errors are not permanent), then check your work against what was coded. If they have a coding test they give applicants, ask if you can take that.

katerinka313@yahoo.com in Baltimore, Maryland

53 months ago

look for a job, try not to get discurage, i got a phone call about a part time med coder located by my house very sudenly, i wasn't even expecting and since than work there. I wish u luck and please believe that those two years of experience u do have by doing all the exersises your coding school gave you ( as far as i understand u do finish a school, dont' u?) than medical records not for you, look and look adn look...

53 months ago

Phyl in Warren, Michigan said: Thanks everyone for your advice. I've decided not to do the independent contractor thing at this time. If anyone who is a certified HOME HEALTH coder is looking for remote work, I can pass along the contact information.

Please send me the information.

53 months ago

I would like the information please on the remote Home Health Coding.

53 months ago

lsbrown111 in Oklahoma said: Looking for someone who has worked for or is currently working for Maxium. I just wanted some honest opinions about the company.
Thanks

I was not happy with them and only worked 2 days.

wwilkes in Wichita, Kansas

53 months ago

Hi, I work remotely for a home health consulting company, we are always looking for coders. Email me and I will give you the information.

Thank you,
Wyspher Wilkes
wwilkes@acucaregroup.com

53 months ago

Natasha2010 in Fresno, California said: Hello. I am HCS-D certified and have three years of coding experience and five total years in the home health setting. I would like to obtain a position doing remote coding in any field. If anybody has any advice or knows of any positions available, I could really use the help! Thanks!

Natasha

Hi, I work remotely for a home health consulting company, we are always looking for coders. Email me and I will give you the information.

Thank you,
Wyspher Wilkes
wwilkes@acucaregroup.com

53 months ago

wwilkes in Wichita, Kansas said: Hi, I work remotely for a home health consulting company, we are always looking for coders. Email me and I will give you the information.

Thank you,
Wyspher Wilkes
wwilkes@acucaregroup.com

Must have HCS-D Certification or in the process of obtaining it. Thank you Wyspher

srich in Yakima, Washington

53 months ago

Terry in Springfield, Missouri said: I was not happy with them and only worked 2 days.

I just finished working with Maxim for a 4 month assignment. I was very pleased with them.
Would work for them again.

53 months ago

I think it depends on the recruiter you have.

srich in Yakima, Washington

53 months ago

Terry in Springfield, Missouri said: I think it depends on the recruiter you have.

That's probably very true!

intouch13 in Baltimore, Maryland

53 months ago

Hi,
I am a nurse and have been working in this field for 18 years. I'm looking for an opportunity to make some extra money in the evenings working from home. I have a 5 year old daughter that keeps me busy and I work full time during the days. What direction should I go in and what kind of certifications would I need to medical coding and/or billing?

Thanks

cheryl Cartino in Syracuse, New York

53 months ago

I am looking for a remote part-time coding position. I have 6 years experience coding inpatient records. I currently have a CCA (Certified Coding Associate)through AHIMA and am planning on taking the CCS exam in the Fall.

valentine2 in Park City, Utah

53 months ago

cheryl Cartino in Syracuse, New York said: I am looking for a remote part-time coding position. I have 6 years experience coding inpatient records. I currently have a CCA (Certified Coding Associate)through AHIMA and am planning on taking the CCS exam in the Fall.

check out maxim, they have some part time remote inpatient jobs.

TCS Charles in Los Angeles, California

53 months ago

I have a large project coming up in April, and I will need 10-15 IP coders that are available 40 hours per week. This will be an HCC code validation project. Strong IP coders are needed, if you also have experience with HCC coding that will be a + (but not mandatory). All candidates must be CCS certified with a minimum of 5 years IP coding experience.

This project is scheduled to last 4-5 months. If you would be interested in this opportunity, please feel free to contact me via email at cbrown@thecodingsource.com

Thanks,

Charles Brown
Account Manager - Reimbursement & Coding Services
The Coding Source, LLC
3415 South Sepulveda Bl., 9th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90034

RRK in Granbury, Texas

53 months ago

cheryl Cartino in Syracuse, New York said: I am looking for a remote part-time coding position. I have 6 years experience coding inpatient records. I currently have a CCA (Certified Coding Associate)through AHIMA and am planning on taking the CCS exam in the Fall.

Also try Amazon Coding. It seems like most everyone wants inpatient coders right now.

I have a friend that works remotely for a hospital. 10 years ago, they taught her inpatient coding (Her experience was in ER coding). Now, all of the job postings I have seen want you to have 2-3 years experience in inpatient coding.

Kellie in Denver, Colorado

53 months ago

Great info! Thanks so much for posting this!

Racine in Mesquite, Texas

52 months ago

I am currently a CPC-A since July 2010 through AAPC. I am looking for a job in coding and billing that is willing to train. I am also a RN with 20 years experience in the Operating Room. Not sure where to start looking. AAPC offers a virtual exam to pass to get the "A" removed after CPC but I think I need hands on experience. If anyone has ideas or feedback I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks

Lowmojave in Boulder City, Nevada

52 months ago

Brenda Van Den HendeCasteel in Bullhead City, Arizona said: Hello everyone,
I have been attending classes since 2005 at a community college. I currently have a certifcate in medical office management, and medical assisting: insurance coding. I am also furthering my education for my general medical assisting and my associate of appiled sciences in medical assisting which I am close to finishing. I have looked for local jobs and they don't want to pay more then 8.50 to 10.00 an hour. I make way more that take at my retail job so I haven't taken any of the jobs offered to me because such a cut in pay for me. I would love to work from home but I haven't been about to find any companys in arizona or that work nationwide. If anyone knows of any good companys or jobs in my area let me know please.

Hi I have years of coding experience with an RHIT, CCS, CCS-P and it took me 3 years to get someone to hire me as a remote coder. I am how a Clinical Auditor with Outcomes Health Information Solutions. They pay by the chart. So, I can make as much as I want to work. They do have a 20 hour a week minium and a max of 40 hrs. I like being in control, oh, no insurance.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lowmojave in Boulder City, Nevada

52 months ago

TCS Charles in Los Angeles, California said: I have a large project coming up in April, and I will need 10-15 IP coders that are available 40 hours per week. This will be an HCC code validation project. Strong IP coders are needed, if you also have experience with HCC coding that will be a + (but not mandatory). All candidates must be CCS certified with a minimum of 5 years IP coding experience.

This project is scheduled to last 4-5 months. If you would be interested in this opportunity, please feel free to contact me via email at cbrown@thecodingsource.com

Thanks,

Charles Brown
The Coding Source, LLC

Hi

I am vey interested in this position, how do I reach you.

Thanks
Tamra K. Wood RHIT, CCS, CCS-P

TCS Charles in Los Angeles, California

52 months ago

Lowmojave in Boulder City, Nevada said: Hi

I am vey interested in this position, how do I reach you.

Thanks
Tamra K. Wood RHIT, CCS, CCS-P

Hi Tamra,
Please email me your resume at cbrown@thecodingsource.com. Please make sure to leave a contact phone numner, and I will follow up with you.

Thanks,
Charles Brown
The Coding Source, LLC

ss09 in Garland, Texas

52 months ago

Hi
My brother and his wife are Certified Medical Coders in India. They have got their CPC certification from AAPC. Working as medical coders in India with more than 3 years of experience. They are interested in working from home from India and to work in USA.Is there are any staffing companies or consultancies hiring people from India? Any help and suggestion would be appreciated.

contact@smooverush11.com in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

52 months ago

We are now having our OKC Job Fair Event - send your resumes to contact@smooverush11.com

redviolin98 in Elmont, New York

52 months ago

I am looking to take my ccs certification in the next few months. I have about 6 yrs exp in hospital billing and coding just never got certified. If anyone knows of any remote coding positions please send them to me at redviolin98@gmail.com or if you are hiring. I can send you my resume.

Thanks
DeAnna

nicole in Coal Township, Pennsylvania

52 months ago

I am currently a Medical Assisting Student taking a Medical coding class where I have a project to interview a Medical Coder. The interview Consists of six questions, a simple and easy process and can be done through email. If someone could get back to me it would be great! Thank you

EMAIL-1: nlapierre@kirbykomputing.com
EMAIL-2: lapoopski@yahoo.com

valentine2 in Salt Lake City, Utah

52 months ago

nicole in Coal Township, Pennsylvania said: I am currently a Medical Assisting Student taking a Medical coding class where I have a project to interview a Medical Coder. The interview Consists of six questions, a simple and easy process and can be done through email. If someone could get back to me it would be great! Thank you

EMAIL-1: nlapierre@kirbykomputing.com
EMAIL-2: lapoopski@yahoo.com

I sent you an email

Twood in Boulder City, Nevada

52 months ago

Sunday in Rhinelander, Wisconsin said: Hi I too took the US Career Institute course and NO they do not help you find jobs. They give you a list of places to contact and no further assistance. I am very disappointed and feel that I threw my money away! I was already a CPC and had fourteen years experience. I thought taking this course would give me a hands up on finding a remote coding job. Not Happy!

Hi It is very hard to come out of school and do remote coding. I have my RHIT, CCS, & CCS-P with 6 years of acute care experience. I tried for 3 years before Outcomes Inc. would give me a shot. You must pass there pre-employment coding test & 40 hours of training. If you do pass, they pay you $4.50 a chart. My, that is nothing:( Thanks

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.