aapc test

Comments (6)

Nikki

68 months ago

Has anyone taken the coder test throught the aapc? What was it like? What did you find hard about it? I am almost done with my course through the aapc.

Shekinah Robinson in Chicago, Illinois

68 months ago

I took the test to become CPC certified. I remember the proctors giving us advice before we began testing. They told us not to take the test in order of section 1,2,3. I think 3 was the hardest so I did 3 1st. Then I did 1. Then 2. This was to make sure I did not run out of time. 150 questions leave you with about 2 min per question. I also wrote notes in my book and tabbed my book. Otherwise, I studied my butt off. Try justcoding.com. They have quizes where you can test yourself for practice, for free. Hope this Helps.

Nikki

67 months ago

Shekinah Robinson in Chicago, Illinois said: I took the test to become CPC certified. I remember the proctors giving us advice before we began testing. They told us not to take the test in order of section 1,2,3. I think 3 was the hardest so I did 3 1st. Then I did 1. Then 2. This was to make sure I did not run out of time. 150 questions leave you with about 2 min per question. I also wrote notes in my book and tabbed my book. Otherwise, I studied my butt off. Try justcoding.com. They have quizes where you can test yourself for practice, for free. Hope this Helps.

What type of questions did section 3consist of? What made it difficult?

bwhitten in Hobart, Indiana

62 months ago

Planning on taking the certification exam throught the AAPC in about three months. Have read that inserting tabs in the CPT is helpful. Wondering if anyone knows if inserting tabs in the ICD-9 and HCPCS are allowed/helpful.

kim, CPC in West Jordan, Utah

62 months ago

bwhitten in Hobart, Indiana said: Planning on taking the certification exam throught the AAPC in about three months. Have read that inserting tabs in the CPT is helpful. Wondering if anyone knows if inserting tabs in the ICD-9 and HCPCS are allowed/helpful.

yes, tabs are allowed, as are notes in your books, but no loose paper or cheat sheets. when i took my test, i highlighted, tabbed and wrote all over my book to remind me of rules, etc.

i also did the hardest section first, the cpt coding, then i did the icd-9 section and then the terminology section. however, some people say to do the easiest first, i however, was glad when i got to the end of my 4 hours to be doing an easy section instead of the hard one......

bwhitten in Hobart, Indiana

62 months ago

kim, CPC in West Jordan, Utah said: yes, tabs are allowed, as are notes in your books, but no loose paper or cheat sheets. when i took my test, i highlighted, tabbed and wrote all over my book to remind me of rules, etc.

i also did the hardest section first, the cpt coding, then i did the icd-9 section and then the terminology section. however, some people say to do the easiest first, i however, was glad when i got to the end of my 4 hours to be doing an easy section instead of the hard one......

Thank you so much for the quick reply, and the useful information. I am also planning on highlighting and making the notes. Right now feeling a little overwhelmed with all of the info that I need to know, but hoping once books are flagged and notes written I will feel more confident. Thanks again for the info.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.