ccs examination

Comments (1601 to 1617 of 1617)
Page:  « First « Previous   30  31  32  33   

lonisherbutt in Port Huron, Michigan

5 months ago

I passed the CCS exam today on my first try with a score of 335. I have absolutely no coding experience and I just graduated in April. It can be done! I am sooooo relieved.

jeanettebarnes in Greenville, North Carolina

5 months ago

Congratulations. That is awesome! Can you please tell me what study materials you used? Can you email me any notes you may have? Jeanbarnes123@gmail.com If you are saling books, I am interested. Congratulations again. The sky is the limit now you have your CCS. There are so many jobs out there. I hope you get the job of your dreams.

jeanettebarnes in Greenville, North Carolina

5 months ago

Settles46 in Lima, Ohio said: Was it all icd10 or both?

Netta congratulations. Ehat stidy materials did you use? Can you email me any notes that may be helpful? Jeanbarnes123@ gmail.com
Congratulations. I am so happy for you.

jennyhorner in Edmond, Oklahoma

5 months ago

lonisherbutt in Port Huron, Michigan said: I passed the CCS exam today on my first try with a score of 335. I have absolutely no coding experience and I just graduated in April. It can be done! I am sooooo relieved.

Congrats!!! I reread your original post that you studied so I I misunderstood. I thought you meant that you graduated and never did anything else to study lol

You have many opportunities now! This is the #1 credential all employers want! Congrats again!!!

5 months ago

jennyhorner in Edmond, Oklahoma said: Congrats!!! I reread your original post that you studied so I I misunderstood. I thought you meant that you graduated and never did anything else to study lol

You have many opportunities now! This is the #1 credential all employers want! Congrats again!!!

I studied harder than I have ever in my life. I moved about two months ago and have been unlucky in my job search so far so I was really relying on this certification to hopefully jump start something. Now I just need to pray that these employers will bypass their experience requirements. Hopefully having a degree AND the certification will be okay in lieu of experience. Thank you again!!

5 months ago

jeanettebarnes in Greenville, North Carolina said: Congratulations. That is awesome! Can you please tell me what study materials you used? Can you email me any notes you may have? Jeanbarnes123@gmail.com If you are saling books, I am interested. Congratulations again. The sky is the limit now you have your CCS. There are so many jobs out there. I hope you get the job of your dreams.

I used the Clinical Coding Workout book, the 2017 CCS review book from AHIMA by Jennifer Garvin, and another 2017 CCS exam professional review book which I believe was by Schnering. I unfortunately did not take any notes :( What books would you be interested in? My review books are pretty marked up.

Thank you! I appreciate the kind words.

Barb24 in Wheaton, Illinois

5 months ago

lonisherbutt in Port Huron, Michigan said: I studied harder than I have ever in my life. I moved about two months ago and have been unlucky in my job search so far so I was really relying on this certification to hopefully jump start something. Now I just need to pray that these employers will bypass their experience requirements. Hopefully having a degree AND the certification will be okay in lieu of experience. Thank you again!!

Congrats on passing the CCS on your first try! Now is a good time to be a newly minted coder. Everybody wants a coder with 2 years experience, but since the switch-over to ICD-10 in 2016, more employers are willing (or have no choice but) to hire and provide a bit of training to the right candidate.

Career Step's training program offers over 120 hours of coding actual medical records (provided by their employer partners) that some employers will count as coding experience, especially those who are familiar with the quality of Career Step graduates.
When you enroll by the end of the month Career Step is offering a free laptop (or tuition discount if you already have a computer). Here is a link to that offer:

referral.careerstep.com/mc?ref=36530

dpmac in Clementon, New Jersey

5 months ago

lonisherbutt in Port Huron, Michigan said: I used the Clinical Coding Workout book, the 2017 CCS review book from AHIMA by Jennifer Garvin, and another 2017 CCS exam professional review book which I believe was by Schnering. I unfortunately did not take any notes :( What books would you be interested in? My review books are pretty marked up.

Thank you! I appreciate the kind words.

Contrats on passing your first time!! I am getting ready to study for it now and hope to take it by next month. I was wondering if you felt that both books helped you because I was debating on which study guide would benefit me the most to hopefully pass the first time too! I have been doing the quizlet reviews also. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

5 months ago

dpmac in Clementon, New Jersey said: Contrats on passing your first time!! I am getting ready to study for it now and hope to take it by next month. I was wondering if you felt that both books helped you because I was debating on which study guide would benefit me the most to hopefully pass the first time too! I have been doing the quizlet reviews also. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Both books definitely helped but I recommend the Garvin one over the other. The Schnering book had a lot of errors! But it also had a lot more practice tests. Having both of them definitely helped though.

Experienced Coder in Orlando, Florida

5 months ago

Anyone who wants accurate information and advice about training, certification, and employment and medical coding should get that information from sites other than this. There's nothing wrong with this site, but it is populated by a lot of people who don't have much more information than you do, and also by also by recruiters from some schools whose goal is to get you to sign up for their school no matter what. There are almost no actual experienced, working coders here.

Closed forums on Facebook are the best place to start. They do not usually allow recruiters. Jobs for American Medical Coders is a good starting point for reliable information. After that, find the Facebook forum of the school that you are considering and you'll see a lot more than you might think. The content of posts on some school sites is horrifying.

It is absolute nonsense that some employers will accept schooling as experience. That is recruiter hype. The truth is that you are going to be hired based on what school you attended. You're going to be hired on the credentials that you have and on employment exams.

Experienced Coder in Riverview, Florida

5 months ago

Experienced Coder in Orlando, Florida said: are going to be hired based on what school you attended. You're going to be hired on the credentials that you have and on employment exams.

Correction . . . you are NOT ever going to be hired based on the school you attended.

Employers do not know what the schools are and they don't care. The only things they care about are your credentials and your ability to pass their employment exams.

michelle78 in Chicago, Illinois

5 months ago

This site has updated study guide recommendations for 2017, as well as other great info about medical coding:
medicalofficecareers.info/category/medicalcoding/certification-study-guides/

madara2003 in Alabama

4 months ago

I recently passed the exam :) I found the clinical coding workbook to be the most helpful in my exam prep.

daniellewills in Daniels, West Virginia

23 days ago

cbkrbb09@*****.*** in Stephens City, Virginia said: jraetucker in Russellville, Arkansas said: I have AMAZING notes for the ICD-9 CCS exam. I took the test on March 13 and passed with a 388. These notes were a Godsend and I'm am more than willing to help anyone out. Let me know.

Jraetucker@aol.com

Are you still able to provide notes? If so, please send to: cbkrbb09@yahoo.com. THANK YOU
Also, has anyone taken the exam recently that could give some insight as to how they felt about it? I am currently preparing to take the exam and find myself a little nervous, like many others! I have 8 years of billing experience and just finished courses for Coding/Billing.

Are these notes still available to send for study? Can they be emailed to daniellenicole07@hotmail.com

Scam alert in Saint Petersburg, Florida

23 days ago

daniellewills in Daniels, West Virginia said: Are these notes still available to send for study? Can they be emailed to daniellenicole07@hotmail.com

Folks, this sounds like a scam. Please stop falling for it. ICD-9 was phased out years ago. If you don't know that and do not understand that some anonymous person's notes aren't going to help, you aren't going to pass this exam anyway.

Don't put your email address on here, either. It is unsafe.

kaylamariex626 in Lake Worth, Florida

19 days ago

Do they verify your job? I have 2 jobs where I code. I don't want either to know I'm getting this exam because I plan on quitting both to go somewhere where I make more money. But I didn't go to school for this. So I can only take the ccs under the premise of two years of directly applying codes

CCS in Saint Petersburg, Florida

19 days ago

kaylamariex626 in Lake Worth, Florida said: Do they verify your job? I have 2 jobs where I code. I don't want either to know I'm getting this exam because I plan on quitting both to go somewhere where I make more money. But I didn't go to school for this. So I can only take the ccs under the premise of two years of directly applying codes

No, they do not contact employers. They may audit you later, but I have never heard it happen to anyone. I think your own job records would do fine if they did audit you, since they have never specified what they would want to see. I think you could use your resume, job descriptions for your position, proof of employment from pay, etc.

Page:  « First « Previous   30  31  32  33   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.