transition to new indusry

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

dmcnutt in Albany, Georgia

47 months ago

How difficult is it for someone who has a solid sales career in one industry to transition to sales in Healthcare / Medical Device Sales?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dmcnutt in Albany, Georgia

44 months ago

I HAVE ACTUAL sales experience (with Healthcare/Medical sales) I might add.....18 years of sales experience. I have sold and managed national accounts; I am not some "monkey" selling a commodity.....Your comments are RUDE and unwarranted....also unnecessary.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

arwwmu in Cleveland, Ohio

25 months ago

Skyler in Pasadena, California said: HARD. I've been in medical device sales for almost 5 years. I came into this industry with actual medical experience and sales experience. This isn't your normal 9-5 monkey type job selling insurance , copiers, or any other commodity a monkey could sell. Without medical experience, why on earth would a company send you into the OR and consult a Dr. on a surgery he's doing with your product? Go away.

I had no direct sales experience and no medical experience. I knew someone who got me in the door. I have been in device sales for 5 years and doing very well. It is very hard work, but you don't need to be a doctor or nurse to do it. Don't let this guys ego get in the way of pursuing a career in it. He is a joke.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

CHECHE in Jersey City, New Jersey

9 months ago

arwwmu in Cleveland, Ohio said: I had no direct sales experience and no medical experience. I knew someone who got me in the door. I have been in device sales for 5 years and doing very well. It is very hard work, but you don't need to be a doctor or nurse to do it. Don't let this guys ego get in the way of pursuing a career in it. He is a joke.

hi arwwmu, what type of device sales do you suggest for someone new to the field?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.