Medical records clerk for a Detention/ Correctional center

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

meacham07 in Cumming, Georgia

53 months ago

I have an interview tomorrow with a detention/correctional center as their medical records clerk. I have never worked in a correctional facility or as a medical records clerk. Does anyone have any advice or can tell me what this job will require?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (83) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

rbaines

46 months ago

Hi, I am currently looking for a position as a medical records clerk. I hope your interview went well. If you know of any opening feel free to let me know. I can be reached by email, rbaines27@yahoo.com. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

rbaines

46 months ago

Hi, I am currently looking for a position as a medical records clerk. I hope your interview went well. If you know of any opening feel free to let me know. I can be reached by email, rbaines27@yahoo.com. Thanks

PDMac53@hotmail.com in Hanford, California

45 months ago

meacham07 in Cumming, Georgia said: I have an interview tomorrow with a detention/correctional center as their medical records clerk. I have never worked in a correctional facility or as a medical records clerk. Does anyone have any advice or can tell me what this job will require?

Nothing more than hospital position would require. Relax, you will be the first ushered out if something is wrong in the prison. Take the job if offered. It will be one you should have taken if you dont take it. You will kick yourself in the pants if you miss this offer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

dbenjamin in New York, New York

41 months ago

Good morning all I am in New York and I am looking for a medical billing position were there is room for growth. I have been doing billing for about 10 yrs. if anyone no any one please feel free to contact me at elabenjamin@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jamie lennon in Fort Myers, Florida

38 months ago

i am looking for my medical records from when i was incarated
i need them for social sercruity..

softheartd2

37 months ago

I work in a State of Illinois Correctional Ctr in the Med Rec department. This particular department is extremely busy because of the 1800 inmates that see various clinicians on a daily basis. My job entails pulling charts of Inmates daily and putting them back when inmates are done seeing the doctors. It's a lot of work and I do like it as the days fly by! There are also files to put in order in each charts and tons of loose filing to be put into charts. Its never ending.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lori Esau in Newton, Kansas

36 months ago

meacham07 in Cumming, Georgia said: I have an interview tomorrow with a detention/correctional center as their medical records clerk. I have never worked in a correctional facility or as a medical records clerk. Does anyone have any advice or can tell me what this job will require?

Most records are kept on computers. Which really simplifies your work. Just always double check on birthdates and any other identifiable information. Jr and Sr are not always used.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lori Esau in Newton, Kansas

36 months ago

dbenjamin in New York, New York said: Good morning all I am in New York and I am looking for a medical billing position were there is room for growth. I have been doing billing for about 10 yrs. if anyone no any one please feel free to contact me at elabenjamin@yahoo.com

That was the best job I had, But very complicated. I am located in Kansas.

Lydia in Jupiter, Florida

11 months ago

Morning, I have 18 years experience in Medical records and in the prison system in Michigan. they were still in paper charts then the hardest part of the job was when they did a lock down and you had to stay we had to report to local area and then be sent to locations with in the prison. the work was easy if you have experience in filing and pulling records and some data entry. As long as you keep your cool you will be fine. the inmates are not to talk to you or ask for cigs or money the can say Hi that's about it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.