NAMSR - National Association of Medical Sales Reps (I am trying to obtain information about the NAMSR and the RMSR training)?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 121)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Fran in Cheshire, Connecticut

84 months ago

If someone could provide me some feedback about the NAMSR and its training programs it would be much appreciated. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Rafael in Orange Park, Florida

84 months ago

I just interviewed with a dental equipment company down here in Florida and they asked me if I had enrolled or had completed the NAMSR - RMSR training. From what I am being told is that medical device companies are looking for individuals who have this type of industry training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Christi in Milford, Indiana

83 months ago

I have been in sales for sometime and want to break into the healthcare industry. My uncle works for Medtronic in their heart stint division and he recommended the RMSR Training. My question is, will the RMSR Training be also useful for pharmaceutical sales?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Bill in Onarga, Illinois

79 months ago

I work for Stryker Medical and we have used the NAMSR to find new hires. Our company looks for experienced sales reps from other industries but like to see some medical education in addition to the sales background. The RMSR training helps our company get reps out talking to the medical community. Any medical education will definetly help applicants but the RMSR training is the most sought after medical sales education.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cynthia in Saint Charles, Missouri

78 months ago

I am a HR professional who works for a Medical Device company looking to fill medical sales positions. If you are a rep or a RMSR graduate please email me your resume at info@modmedsys.com All inquiries will be held in confidence.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michael in Chicago, Illinois

77 months ago

We just put 6 of our new hires through the NAMSR's RMSR program and it was great!! Five of our new hires were new to medical and we sell Neurological Portable CT Scanners, Surgical lights, and surgical microscopes so it was very important training. The RMSR training was crucial to getting these reps out in the field and I would highly recommend the RMSR program to anyone looking to work as a medical device rep.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

dave in New Britain, Connecticut

77 months ago

were the people placed college graduates

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

David in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

76 months ago

I have read many review regarding NAMSR and have concluded that the training would be of value. My question for this forum is as follows; I am 43 years old and have extensive consultative individual and B to B sales experience but not in the medical sales industry. Am I to old to be looking for a career change into this field? It's not a question if I would be successful at medical sales but if the hiring company's are only looking for younger people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Brenda Probert in Denver, Colorado

76 months ago

I can tell you that medical sales is differenct from pharmaceutical sales and that medical device companies will look at and hire applicants from all age groups as well as hire non-degreed individuals. I work for a large surgical equipment company, I am 47 years old and was just hired 3 years ago as a sales rep from the Food Service industry. I love my job, I have seen patients that my products have helped and the industry has been recession proof. I would advise anybody to get into medical sales.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

David in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

76 months ago

Brenda,
Thank you so much for this posting. Your words are inspiring since I am looking to make a career change from insurance sales to medical. Can you recommend any companies to look at and/or apply. Do you also recommend mirroring a sales rep for a day. Why did you go into medical sales and what was initially challenging to you. Thanks again!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Patrick in Costa Mesa, California

76 months ago

I have a BS in Kinesiology and worked in Physical Therapy for 4 years as an assistant. I worked as a sales executive for a Medical Device / DME company for 2 years and since as a Senior account Executive for an Electronic Medical Records and Practice Management company for 5 years. I would like very much to re-enter the Medical Device sales arena but have found it very challenging. Is being a NAMSR member necessary and or helpful as a first step?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Brian22 in Louisville, Kentucky

76 months ago

Patrick in Costa Mesa, California said: I have a BS in Kinesiology and worked in Physical Therapy for 4 years as an assistant. I worked as a sales executive for a Medical Device / DME company for 2 years and since as a Senior account Executive for an Electronic Medical Records and Practice Management company for 5 years. I would like very much to re-enter the Medical Device sales arena but have found it very challenging. Is being a NAMSR member necessary and or helpful as a first step?

Patrick,
You say it's challenging re-entering the field of Medical Device sales. Can you say in what way?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Christopher in Trenton, Ohio

75 months ago

Hello all,
I am a non-degreed professional in the middle of a career change from the Real Estate and Mortgage Industry to the healthcare field, particularly in medical device sales. My question is, will the RMSR certification, along with my current background be enough to land a career in medical sales or will they also require a 4 year degree?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Heather B. in Ballwin, Missouri

74 months ago

Christopher the RMSR should do the trick. The RMSR will help get you the interviews you need, we just hired a new rep from the RMSR program. Just sell the mortgage background as more of a sales rep postion versus as just an Account Manager. Some of these mortgage people if not presented correctly are not always seen as sales people but more customer service professionals.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Christopher in Ashville, Ohio

74 months ago

Thanks,
Would you mind if we kept in contact? You can email me at christopherjohnson@realtracs.net.... Thanks for the input, I'm sold on the RMSR program.
Thanks Heather B,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Christopher in Ashville, Ohio

74 months ago

Heather,
christopherjohnson@realtracs.com

Gretchen in Miami, Florida

73 months ago

I certainly owe my start in my medical sales career to the NAMSR. I have worked as a medical rep, for Medtronic selling heart stints, for 2 years thanks to the NAMSR. I completed their RMSR training and utilized their employment center to find Arrow. I had never heard of the company until I found them on the NAMSR website. I would recommend the NAMSR and RMSR training to anyone looking to work in Medical Device Sales.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Patrick in Indio, California

73 months ago

Thanks Gretchen,

I've been on the fence as to purchase the course or not, this helps a lot.

How does the process work?

Christopher

73 months ago

Patrick in Indio, California said: Thanks Gretchen,

I've been on the fence as to purchase the course or not, this helps a lot.

How does the process work?

Patrick,
I just received my order for the RMSR training. Its very much worth the cost to purchase the course.

Medina in Arlington, Texas

73 months ago

Christopher in Ashville, Ohio said: Heather,
christopherjohnson@realtracs.com

Christopher,

I have been looking for new technology and continue growth industry esp. for American markets since I live in Plano. I have strong finance and sales of household products and made good sales with Walmart. I always have background in mortgage which I found it unfit for me. I really like talking to professional and instituational levels than one on one with people that have credit problem. Having had the last 2 careers, I like to learn new technology and found medical device manufacturing very interesting. I am from Hong Kong and would like to bring this level of skills to Asia if I decide to move back there.

I would like to know:
1. is the medical device sales job a hard - sell job?
2. is the job normally paid a base salary and have continue training?
3. Does the company identify areas for marketing instead of like real estate, you have to find products (listings) to sell?
4. Do experienced sales rep grow to represent different company for more different product lines?
5. What is the most enjoyable factor and least enjoyable factor in this profession?
6. Do you have to be outside sales or half and half? How long does it take you a launch a sale?

I have been a successful import distributing business owner. My difficult was to design, and try to manage money, pay vendors, pay staffs, inventory, but I did enjoy sales although it was tough, but it was ok to tackle problems as long as we have the product. I think representing a good product makes marketing/sales much easier. Pls kindly advise. Medina, Plano, Texas

Herbert A. in Effingham, South Carolina

73 months ago

Hello All,

I am interested in getting information on how to access the NAMSR and RMSR training. With a background in pharmaceutical sales, my interest is in making a career transition into the medical device sales arena. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Lakeia in Chicago, Illinois

73 months ago

Hello to Everyone,
I am eager to get into the medical sales field. I am currently in the health insurance industry looking to switch careers, to a more lucrative career. If ayone in Illinois can give me more information on companies that may be hiring in Chicago, please post a comment. Any response would be sincerely appreciated.
Thanks

jvanhyfte in College Station, Texas

72 months ago

I too am interested in the NAMSR-RMSR course to get into the medical sales field. I have an MS in Biomedical Engineering with experience in manufacturing and quality management and am looking to change fields. Is the NAMSR site a central location that Med-dev HR managers look to for potential candidates?

Thanks. Great threads in this forum.

Karen E. -- HR Mgr. Boston Scientific in Saint Louis, Missouri

72 months ago

As a Human Resource Manager for a major medical device company I can advise new medical sales applicants who do not have any experience in medical sales or medical education to get the NAMSR -RMSR Training. We have hired several trained RMSR graduates as the program provides the necessary industry knowledge, selling regulations, sales techniques and medical terminology that all medical reps need to possess. These RMSR graduates come to our company alot more knowledgeable than many others who we have hired. We encourage all RMSR graduates to apply to Boston Scientific at www.bostonscientific.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

cula8r in O'Fallon, Missouri

72 months ago

Brenda Probert in Denver, Colorado said: I can tell you that medical sales is differenct from pharmaceutical sales and that medical device companies will look at and hire applicants from all age groups as well as hire non-degreed individuals. I work for a large surgical equipment company, I am 47 years old and was just hired 3 years ago as a sales rep from the Food Service industry. I love my job, I have seen patients that my products have helped and the industry has been recession proof. I would advise anybody to get into medical sales.

Your company hires individuals with no degree? The ones that were hired that did not have a degree, do you know if they knew someone within the company that recommended them?

dave in New Britain, Connecticut

72 months ago

i would be interested in finding this out myself. It seems that the top companies have either wanted a degree or 2 yrs of outside experience.

72 months ago

I'm currently in Electronic Medical Records Sales trying to transition into Medical Device Sales. I have a BS and 6 years outside sales experience. Would the NAMSR be helpful.

Also, what have you found to be the best resource for finding employment opportunities in the field? Recruiters, internet (Monster), etc.

Thx

Mike Carlton in Claremont/Hickory, North Carolina

72 months ago

I have a BA in Accounting and own my own Construction, Real Estate and Land Development Companies for 8 years now and sales is a big part of my job. Due to the economic circumstances I have to change careers so I enrolled in my local university that offers an MBA in Health Care Administration which will hopefully teach me the INS and OUTS of a hospital environment. I then came across information about NAMSR-RMSR. My question is, from a HR/Hiring stand point will one help more than the other and/or am I wasting time and a lot of money on the MBA to break into this industry when all I need is the RMSR. Or is there any other training or education (different MBA) that would be helpful?

Annie in Greensburg, Pennsylvania

71 months ago

Hello,

I have seven years of advertising experience and now I am looking to move into medical device sales. I am currently enrolled in college and working towards a business management degree. Besides taking the NAMSR-RMSR course, does anyone have suggestions on how to break into this field. Also is a degree necessary or would I have a shot since I am working on a degree?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Mike Carlton in Hickory, North Carolina

71 months ago

FYI I am in the same situation as you by trying to break into the Medical Sales field and ordered the NAMSR-RMSR material on Jan 15, 2009 (deducted from my checking account) and have yet to get the material. I have called and emailed several times over the past two weeks and still don’t have it. I did get a phone call back stating that it was shipped and delivered but they have yet to give me the address they sent it to or that tracking number they mentioned in that voice mail. Just thought this would be information you may need.

On a lighter note, medreps.com is a great web site for nothing but Medical Sales, and a few Pharma, jobs all over the country. It does cost about 30 dollars to join but worth every penny. I have a BA and working on a MBA with Healthcare Administration concentration which is similar to the MHA. I did have my resume professionally written, which made a BIG difference, by a service I found on the internet, and could probably have a job now via that web site if I was willing to relocate.

I know this did not answer your direct questions but just thought it would be information you may want or need to know. Good luck.

edrust in Bolingbrook, Illinois

71 months ago

What online resume service did you use?

Mary Anne in Saint Louis, Missouri

70 months ago

This is what I found out about the NAMSR on a recent press release:

The NAMSR - National Association of Medical Sales Representative™, the largest professional association in the world for Medical Sales Representatives. Through our numerous members, the NAMSR™ provides accredited training, continuing education, information about the industry, up-to-date news, programs to assist medical sales reps in their work, training programs to assist candidates who want to break into the industry and initiatives to improve communication with the medical sales field.

The Mission of the National Association of Medical Sales Representatives™ is to be the national representative of the medical sales profession, serving the public and the profession by promoting comprehensive training and educational programs, conferences and seminars where members can share ideas, professional excellence and respect for the medical industry.

NAMSR™ Organization

Training Programs
Employment Center
Conferences/Conventions
Medical Sales Trade News/Information
Clinical Studies/Research/Medical Journals
Newsletters/Trade Magazine

Clinical Research Studies

The NAMSR™ provides current links to up-to-date clinical studies in its members section and provides statistics and research to help medical sales representatives in their pursuit of increasing their sales.

NAMSR™ Employment Opportunities

The Association provides listing for medical sales positions for a variety of backgrounds from National Sales Managers to entry level medical representatives. The NAMSR™ is looking for people who consistently demonstrate superior sales and communication skills. Opportunities are available for degreed, non-degreed, and professionals.

jackkloepfer in Carmel, Indiana

70 months ago

Can someone tell me where the official RAMSR course is listed online?

Abbey in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

70 months ago

I just obtained my RMSR about 2 weeks ago. I have interviewed with 3 medical companies do to obtaining it. However, still not hired so if there are medical device companies who have medical sales jobs available in the Fort Lauderdale area please email me a note and I can get you my resume. Do to my RMSR I am obviously now trained for the industry and also posses over 4 years experience in outside sales.
abbey14312@yahoo.com

Christina in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

70 months ago

Abbey in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I just obtained my RMSR about 2 weeks ago. I have interviewed with 3 medical companies do to obtaining it. However, still not hired so if there are medical device companies who have medical sales jobs available in the Fort Lauderdale area please email me a note and I can get you my resume. Do to my RMSR I am obviously now trained for the industry and also posses over 4 years experience in outside sales.
abbey14312@yahoo.com

Abbey,

Do you have a degree as well; if so, what is it in? Thanks!

Mike Carlton in Hickory, North Carolina

70 months ago

Yes an accounting degree but have been in real estate till the fall of the banks. I am now pursueing my MBA in Health Care Administration, and working toward a the medical sales career.

MedSales in Tampa, Florida

69 months ago

Many of my family members in the health care industry have suggested that I pursue a career in medical sales and as a first step complete the RMSR program. I must say to all those viewing this posting: if you are considering this designation, “just do it” and continue studying after you have gained your designation because the course material has a lot of valuable industry knowledge.

I personally have obtained my RMSR designation and have 8 successful years of Commercial B2B Sales experience. I earned my bachelor’s degree from the University of South Florida in 2003. I am also MCP certified and very quick on a computer. If anyone has any advice or knows of any positions available in the Florida market, preferably near the Tampa Bay area please e-mail me at JNovak4@tampabay.rr.com.

MedSales in Tampa, Florida

69 months ago

What do you recommend that I do with my free time to better prepare myself for a future job as a medical salesperson? I have already achieved my RMSR designation and would like to continue learning and gaining more exposure to the industry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

A Tucker in Chicago, Illinois

69 months ago

I have been advised to get my RMSR Certification. Is the only place to get it at www.medicalsalescareer.com ?

Debbie in Fair Oaks, California

69 months ago

Cynthia in Saint Charles, Missouri said: I am a HR professional who works for a Medical Device company looking to fill medical sales positions. If you are a rep or a RMSR graduate please email me your resume at info@modmedsys.com All inquiries will be held in confidence.

Hi Cynthia,

I have been in account management and outside sales for over 20 years and looking to move into the medical sales field. I am considering the RMSR training but do not have a degree. What are my chances in finding a good position in the medical industry with the RMSR training? Would I only find entry level positions? I do understand I would have to start in lower level positions but would want the opportunity to advance.

Debbie in Fair Oaks, California

69 months ago

Brenda Probert in Denver, Colorado said: I can tell you that medical sales is differenct from pharmaceutical sales and that medical device companies will look at and hire applicants from all age groups as well as hire non-degreed individuals. I work for a large surgical equipment company, I am 47 years old and was just hired 3 years ago as a sales rep from the Food Service industry. I love my job, I have seen patients that my products have helped and the industry has been recession proof. I would advise anybody to get into medical sales.

I am your same age and have 20+ yrs. experience in outside sales. I am looking to make the move into medical device sales industry but have no degree. I am looking into the RMSR training, what are your thoughts about this training?

loosetime in Shelby Township, Michigan

68 months ago

Good Morning All,

I completed the RMSR training a month ago and still haven't landed an interview. I've applied to positions on company web sites but, how do you follow up on those applications? Has anyone use a medical sales recruiter? Thanks for your help...

David

Linda Hertz in Thousand Oaks, California

68 months ago

loosetime in Shelby Township, Michigan said: Good Morning All,

I completed the RMSR training a month ago and still haven't landed an interview. I've applied to positions on company web sites but, how do you follow up on those applications? Has anyone use a medical sales recruiter? Thanks for your help...

David

I am sorry, but I have been a recruiter for 4 years in Medical Sales and A Divisional Manager and RVP in Medical Sales with fortune 500 companies previously. This RMSR Training...is hype...and in fact, almost a given they have a weak resume for medical sales. NO PROGRAM like that is going to make you a top candidate...have to put in the time as a copier rep., ADP, Paychex and etc. first, then Medical Disposables and then Medical Device...save your money or in this case...move to the right career pathing. I am sure someone will disagree BUT don't spend any more money on this...I and others have plenty of FREE Blog Advice from my experience that will probably serve you better. Just google and you will find it. So sorry you spent money on this, but we all learn; it's like getting a mail order degree...RMSR...do the time and earn the experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Walter in Albuquerque, New Mexico

68 months ago

Heather-medical rep in Laguna Nigel, California said: My company needs around 40 new reps. We love to interview RMSR graduates from the NAMSR. So if you have your RMSR go to www.hill-romcareers.com/hill-rom/jobboard/searchjobs.aspx to apply.
Heather

Heather, I applied for the Medical Sales position in Albuquerque, NM. I was informed that I was not selected to move forward in the hiring process. I have a B/S in Business Management, 4 years of Outside/B2B sales experience and 5 years of Executive Management experience. Do you have any insite on how I could get an interview with your company. Please advice.

Walter

68 months ago

Hello Heather,

I'm very interested in interviewing with Hill-Rom. I've been in Electronic Medical Records sales for 7 years and am trying to break back into Medical Device or Durable Medical Equipment sales. I have experience in your field as a rep with KCI. I'm cuurently studying for the RMSR test as well. Is there a HR contact at Hill-Rom you could recommend?

Patrick

gail in Springfield, Missouri

68 months ago

I am considering the RMSR training for Medical Sales, but wanted some insight first. I do have a BS degree with over 20 years of sales experience. I have been trying to break into Medical sales for over a year, and have had only one interview. I did make it down to the final two, but they went with someone with experience. Just looking for any helpful hints.

Aysel Williams in San Jose, California

68 months ago

Linda Hertz in Thousand Oaks, California said: I am sorry, but I have been a recruiter for 4 years in Medical Sales and A Divisional Manager and RVP in Medical Sales with fortune 500 companies previously. This RMSR Training...is hype...and in fact, almost a given they have a weak resume for medical sales. NO PROGRAM like that is going to make you a top candidate...have to put in the time as a copier rep., ADP, Paychex and etc. first, then Medical Disposables and then Medical Device...save your money or in this case...move to the right career pathing. I am sure someone will disagree BUT don't spend any more money on this...I and others have plenty of FREE Blog Advice from my experience that will probably serve you better. Just google and you will find it. So sorry you spent money on this, but we all learn; it's like getting a mail order degree...RMSR...do the time and earn the experience.

Hi Linda,

Thanks for the info, I found RMSR on the net few days ago and was thinking about ordering. After reading your posting, I am not sure now if it is the right thing to do. I have a BS degree in Nursing, 2 years experience working as a Nurse in a Hospital setting. However, I haven't practiced Nursing for the past 15 years. I spent 9 years doing marketing for silicon valley companies and have been in B2B sales for almost 2 years selling promotional merchandise to corporations. I would like to utilize my medical background to get into medical sales. What would you recommend I should do first?

Aysel,

Peter in Rosemead, California

67 months ago

Heather-medical rep in Laguna Nigel, California said: My company needs around 40 new reps. We love to interview RMSR graduates from the NAMSR. So if you have your RMSR go to www.hill-romcareers.com/hill-rom/jobboard/searchjobs.aspx to apply.
Heather

Heather,

Can I send you my resume so that you would get a referral fee? I am not sure if there are any openings around the LA area. Please let me know. I am RMSR certified with a degree in Communications and 3+ years outside sales experience.

Thanks
Peter

Stephanie in Ballwin, Missouri

67 months ago

Heather:
I just interviewed with Owens & Minor for a medical sales job and they are requiring me to get my RMSR Certification before they would even consider hiring me. I read your post earlier and I am upset that you mislead me. The RMSR is required from many medical device companies and I have wasted time looking for a medical device sales job without it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie in Ballwin, Missouri

67 months ago

gail in Springfield, Missouri said: Linda,

Would you consider looking at my resume, and telling me what I need to improve on? I am trying to break into Medical Sales, and would appreciate any help.

Thank you so much,
Gail

I would get your RMSR. I just talked to 2 companies today about interviewing and both are requiring it. I think the Heather posting here is old school or misinformed!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.