Medical Technologist Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (1531) - Start a Discussion

Hema in United Kingdom

Updated 11 months ago

visa screen - 6 Replies

Do I need to pass the Philippine boards before I can apply for a visa screen? The CGFNS is asking for Philippine license verification , I pass the...

Faustina in California

Updated 11 months ago

Getting into a Program (please help) - 1 Reply

So I am currently a High School senior, and when I graduate I will be attending Texas State University. I want to major in CLS, and they have a 2+2...

Keylassiun

Updated 12 months ago

MLT certificate vs AS MLT. SO NOW THERE IS A WAY YOU CAN WORK IN THE LAB FOR LESS TIME!! - 59 Replies

WOW, talk about bottom of the barrel. I thought a AS degree was pretty low, now you just need a CERTIFICATE!! Now I see what State of FL and...

Arjmand in Oakland, California

Question about CLS internship classes at SF

Hi everyone, I hope you are having a great day. I am interested in hearing from someone who has taken the CLS internship classes offered at SF...

Amee sun in Dearborn Heights, Michigan

Updated 12 months ago

IS ASCP A SCAM? - 3 Replies

I earned a BS in microbiology in which my program of study had a MLS concentration so we took MT classes like hematology and general MLS classes to...

FutureMT57 in Cumming, Georgia

International Student From Russia. Medical Technology career questions.

Hi guys. Glad that I found this forum. I'm looking for advise from people that have already been in this field for some time. I do not know anything...

Sam in Austin, Texas

How much does the MLS program cost?

How much does the MLS program cost? I have a BS in biochemistry. Yes I googled. I don't know how to find the cost.

nazneenkhan in Brooklyn, New York

Obtaining NYS license

I have received my bachelors in Clinical lab science from MN and I did my clinical rotation thru new york methodist allied health program. I passed...

Douba in Burlington, North Carolina

Seeking your C(ASCP)

Hi everyone, I currently have a Bachelor's of Science in Chemistry & 4 years of experience in the clinical lab. I'm considering of taking the exam...

rfn379 in Nutley, New Jersey

Updated 13 months ago

Biggest challenges that MLT have to face? - 1 Reply

Hi everyone. I have a bachlor in bio. I have a few contract jobs in academia labs and am quite fed up with the instability nature of academia based...

daygo_619 in San Diego, California

Updated 13 months ago

How to go about getting a CLS license? - 1 Reply

Hello, I recently graduated from UCSC with a degree in Biology and I am looking to start working in a lab. I need to get a CLS licence but the guides...

shem0426 in New York, New York

Updated 13 months ago

NYS license - 9 Replies

hello does anyone know the requirments to be licensed as a med tech in NYS? Wouls a BS in med tech and ascp suffice? do they indeed have a limited...

Hetal in Houston, Texas

Updated 13 months ago

I failed my ASCP EXam - 5 Replies

Hi, I am working on ASCP Certification (Technologist in Chemistry). I took the exam and I failed. The green study book was no help at all. Could I...

nycgirl in Brooklyn, New York

Updated 13 months ago

Salary and demand of Medical Technologist. - 82 Replies

We the Medical Technologist always had being place at the of the line. Always the favorit of the Hospital are the Nurses and the Doctors. But the...

Kristina in Farmington, Michigan

Starting MT career in the USA with a foreign degree

Hi everyone.I would like to be a medical technologist. I have a baccalaureate degree in biology and a master degree in cytology and histology,but not...

Bruce_James in Tampa, Florida

Medical lab technology in Florida

I was just interested in some advise about this field specifically in the Tampa area. Also, interested if any one has received their bachelors for...

Faustina in California

Updated 13 months ago

After getting a bachelors can i go back to another college and take any extra classes i need to fufill CLS requirements? - 1 Reply

So im almost graduating from UC santa barbara, and i messed up not passing the second course for organic chemistry twice. I now have to petition to...

shub in California

How long does it take for ASCP to send admission card ?

Hi I am taking CGMBS exam in CA. I have submitted my exam application today for Certification by the ASCP Board of Certification. I got their...

Jerry Monroy in Houston, Texas

Updated 13 months ago

Unionize the Laboratory ? - 1 Reply

I am typically very anti-union, but.... Considering the government does not want to step up and do the right thing and work towards licensure. ...

Ki Young Hwang in Yongsan, Korea, Republic of

Updated 13 months ago

ASCP(MB) certification - 5 Replies

I was wondering if I read Route 1 correctly for taking the Molecular Biology exam by ascp. All you need is a bacherlor's and MLS certification,...

njo in San Francisco, California

Updated 13 months ago

CA limited CLS license - 7 Replies

Howdy, Could anyone explain the CA limited license? 1. How to get one, how long it takes, can out of state people get it 2. Who hires people...

Clinical Intern in SE, Michigan

Updated 13 months ago

Certification- AMT vs ASCP - 1 Reply

I graduated this spring with my BS in biology and am currently in an on the job training MT program. After 1 year of experience I will be eligible to...

Returning to Bench in Oregon

Updated 14 months ago

Having trouble finding work in Portland, OR - 1 Reply

Hi everyone, I am hoping to find some advice here. I have been applying to medical technologist/technician jobs over the past couple of months here...

Anayo in Lagos, Nigeria

Working as a student

I have an F1 visa in Boston MA. and i am a medical laboratory scientist with a Nigerian license. is it possible to get employment in a hospital off...

Vyy1992 in Flushing, New York

Best path to become a Clinical Laboratory Technologist

Right now I have a B.S. in Biology. I used to work in a hematology lab as a lab technician and liked it so I wanted to go into a diagnostic lab type...

Seth123 in Knoxville, Tennessee

Updated 14 months ago

How much should I ask for? - 1 Reply

I'm an MT in Jacksonville Fl in a lab supporting a very large private practice. Im being paid salary $650 a week. I was hired 1.5 years to do basic...

Updated 14 months ago

MT(ASCP) Frustrated trying to re-enter field - I could use advice - 3 Replies

Hello, I am an MT(ASCP) with recent Florida Clinical Laboratory Technologist certification. I am 56 and have been in medical sales for 25 years....

Job Interview Skills Test

Has anyone had to take a skills test when interviewing for a job? Example would be computer based exam followed by doing a few manual differentials....

Updated 14 months ago

Job Outlook??? - 1 Reply

Hi! Im interested in starting an MLT program, however, I was wondering what is the job outlook like? Is it tough for new grads to get a job in this...

enaxus in California

Updated 14 months ago

Recommendations for becoming an MLT, if already have Bachelor's in Biology - 15 Replies

I have a question and would appreciate any input and advice regarding my question. I would like to become a Medical Lab Technician, and hopefully...

dj in Norfolk, Virginia

how to became a mt

I'm a sophomore in college right now. My major is biology and my minor is medical technology. I want to became a Medical Technologist. Anyone knows...

ISRAEL in Mountain View, California

Updated 15 months ago

is ASCPi recognized in Nevada? - 69 Replies

hello! just wanna ask if ASCPi is recognized in Las vegas,Nevada.somebody told me that it isnt recognized and i shuld take another exam like...

nycgirl in Brooklyn, New York

Updated 15 months ago

Should I choose nursing or clinical laboratory science as a major - 3 Replies

Hi, I am currently a freshman in college in nyc. My school offers both nursing and clinical laboratory science programs. The nursing school is very...

Pipi in Sterling Heights, Michigan

Updated 15 months ago

Starting pay in Michigan - 16 Replies

I will be graduating from a MLS program next year and was wondering at the starting rate for a MLS in Michigan. I live in the middle of the state...

Updated 15 months ago

Changing Fields - 1 Reply

I have a dual degree unrelated to Medical Laboratory Science. I have a BS in Accounting and a BS in Business Administration. However, I have been...

Updated 15 months ago

How to become a MT with a low undergrad GPA - 5 Replies

I am currently a Lab assistant who just graduated with a general studies degree. i had to switch degrees to graduate faster but i took courses like...

Faustina in California

Updated 15 months ago

Biochemistry requirement... - 1 Reply

Hello, Does anybody know the Biochemistry class requirement for schools in CA? It has been more than 7 years since I graduated and taken a Biochem...

KellyB in Stuart, Florida

Moving from Florida to Georgia

I'm considering moving from Florida to the Atlanta region, and I'd like to know the experiences of some Med Techs in that region. I am a licensed...

CLS in San Bruno, California

Updated 15 months ago

CA CLS Licensure Exam - 1 Reply

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to take the CA CLS Licensure Exam if you do the one year program training at University of Washington? Or does...

Updated 15 months ago

GPA and first job - 1 Reply

How important is a recent graduate's GPA in the job application process, when applying for their first job(either as a MLT or MLS)?

CLS_Student in Long Beach, California

Updated 15 months ago

I am a CLS student in CA but I want to move to IL. What are my options? - 2 Replies

My grades are good but unfortunately they are not competitive. I have a 3.3 gpa overall and 3.0-3.1 in science. I'm starting to doubt my chances...

CLS_applicant in San Diego, California

Updated 15 months ago

Where can I take quantitative chem online for CA CLS - 1 Reply

Hi, I was wondering if anyone know where I can take quant chem online for CA CLS program. I understand weber course is no longer accepted by LFS...

enaxus in California

Updated 15 months ago

Apply immediately after graduating college - 2 Replies

How hard is it to get into the program immediately after getting my bachelors? I just got a research position as a sophomore and I will probably...

enaxus in California

Updated 15 months ago

CLS vs. MLT vs MLS?! - 9 Replies

Hi All, Can someone explain to me differences between these acronyms (at least in California)? I know they all do ASCP board exams but what make...

ahmed in Montréal, Quebec

Updated 16 months ago

Have a BS in Biology and 10+ years experience. Looking into MT/MLT - 7 Replies

Good morning, MY family and I have relocated to Crestview, FL to be closer to family and to get out of the New England winters (we've had...

mariemarie in Houston, Texas

Updated 16 months ago

Want to Work as an MT in FL - 1 Reply

Hi. I live in Orlando, FL and am not currently working, because I decided to pause my career to care for my children for a few years. Previously to...

Miller Wang in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 16 months ago

Job inquiry and Montana - 3 Replies

Hello! I have a BS in CLS, ASCP certified and Montana license. To any managers (or supervisor or if you know the answer) what are your thoughts on...

diva danger in Asheville, North Carolina

Updated 16 months ago

MLT in high complexity areas. - 1 Reply

The hospital I work for is constantly giving newly open positions to newly hired new graduates. Case in point. Our microbiologist supervisor just...

Updated 16 months ago

Advice on getting accepted into a CLS program - 4 Replies

ello, I am having some trouble getting into a medical technology program at a NAACLS accredited hospital. My degree is Clinical Laboratory Sciences...

Miller Wang in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 16 months ago

Age is a problem for entry level MT - 5 Replies

I went to a CLS program and will graduate when I am my 43 year old. is it a problem to locate a job as a new MT? Thank you

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.