Medical Technologist Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (1438) - Start a Discussion

A amanda in San Fernando, California

Updated 9 months ago

Which job market is more saturated? MT or Nursing? - 2 Replies

Which job market is more saturated? I'm thinking about getting ASN (2 year nursing degree) or MLT. But I'm leaning more towards MLT because there...

dyna lee in brooklyn

Hello, If there is anyone on this forum that attended either the University of Bridgeport or the University of Delaware and majored in MLS, if...

dyna lee in brooklyn

Hello, If there is anyone on this forum that attended either the University of Bridgeport or the University of Delaware and majored in MLS, if you...

ckf1207 in Arlington, Texas

Medical Laboratory Science Program at Tarleton State University

Anyone out there currently in this program or graduated from this program? I'm thinking of applying for a post-baccalaureate certificate (already...

Bio2013 in Dallas, Texas

Updated 10 months ago

Any CLS Students from Texas Tech? - 53 Replies

Hello there, I got accepted for the Second Degree CLS Program from Texas Tech, Lubbock... I was wondering if there is anyone else out there who...

Dustin587 in Knoxville, Tennessee

Updated 10 months ago

Which work environment do you enjoy most? Hospitals, doctor's offices, reference labs, etc. - 8 Replies

I graduated from my medical technology program December 2012. I immediately went to work in the same hospital I received my clinical training in...

JDC90 in Charlotte, North Carolina

Updated 10 months ago

Are you a happy MLT? - 62 Replies

I am considering a career as a medical laboratory technologist, but I have read a lot of unhappy posts. Is there anyone out there who is happy with...

njbiodude in New Jersey

Updated 10 months ago

Should I choose nursing or clinical laboratory science as a major - 2 Replies

Hi, I am currently a freshman in college in nyc. My school offers both nursing and clinical laboratory science programs. The nursing school is very...

Meme in Nashville, Tennessee

I am taking the AAB chemistry exam soon. What are some useful study tips? Do the questions come directly from the AAB Per Questions and Answers Book....

Faustina in California

Updated 10 months ago

MLS Program Interview Process - 1 Reply

Hi, everyone. I am having my interview this week for a program, and am just wondering what the exact process is. I was told it would be 2 hours long....

microlov in West Sacramento, California

CLS general or microbiologist?? Which program to go for?

Hi All, I graduated with a BS in microbio c/o 2013 from UCSB. I've always enjoyed being in lab (I worked as undergrad lab assistant and took tons...

Graphic Web Designer in Paramus, New Jersey

Updated 10 months ago

How can I break into medical techology? - 1 Reply

I have a background in web design, and IT. I am literate in both Macs and PC platforms. How can I break into the field of medical technology? Thank...

Mm in Los Angeles, California

Updated 11 months ago

California CLS: How do I know if my license came through? - 5 Replies

Hi folks! Here's a stupid question: once you take and pass the ASCP exam, how can you find out that you officially have a CLS license? These are...

Mike in Long Island City, New York

Options for working abroad with an ASCP MT certification

Consider someone with a ASCP MT certification (went to a program, passed the boards) and having worked in NYC for a few years now as a medical...

medtechnewb in Tucson, Arizona

International options

I am currently a student and while looking through the exam information, came across the international certifications. How often does someone from...

mmg in Bronx, New York

Other career options for MLS degree

What careers other than med tech could I get into with an MLS degree?

teffy in New Jersey

Updated 11 months ago

Clinical Laboratory Science career - 1 Reply

Hello guys, I am currently a freshman at Stony Brook University. I am currently interested in clinical laboratory science. However, I would like to... in Ambler, Pennsylvania

Travel Assignments for Medical Technologists

If you are a Medical Technologist or MLT with 2 to 3 years of Lab Experience and would like the opportunity to travel Nationwide please contact...

MissSouthernMedTech in Wilmington, Delaware

Updated 11 months ago

Use to predict if you'll pass ASCP - 2 Replies

In this thread, if you're willing, please share the scores you were getting on the exam simulator, and the official score you got on the...

TechForce3 in Ambler, Pennsylvania

Updated 11 months ago

Traveling Med tech job info? - 2 Replies

Hello, I'm graduating in about a year, and just recently heard of traveling opportunities. The blood bank supervisor at my clinical site was...

miac9 in Maine

Updated 11 months ago

Where and how many CLS/MT programs to apply to? - 2 Replies

Hi all, I'm a college senior looking into getting into a CLS/MT program after I get my bachelors. The problem is I'm from Maine and there's only 1...

claney in Fayetteville, Arkansas

Medical Technolgy from Animal Science

Hi! I currently work as a vet assistant. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Animal Science and I'm looking to further my education and medical technology...

Poetic in US of A

Updated 11 months ago

Medical Technologist starting hourly pay - 3 Replies

Hello, This is a question for any medical technologists in Austin Texas. What was your starting pay? I'm starting at 21 an hour, however a friend...

Poetic in US of A

How are the labs preparing for EVD (Ebola) samples?

nuggets24 in New Haven, Connecticut

Updated 12 months ago

Tell me about Route 2, MLT to MT certification - 5 Replies

Hi! I'm a certified (ASCP) MLT and I need to get my MT certification to move ahead in my laboratory. I have a B.A. in journalism (long story, this is...

oiboyz in Los Angeles, California

Updated 12 months ago

ASCP question - 57 Replies

Ok, I asked this question earlier today, and the person I asked it to (I think)---booted it. The passing score of the ASCP is 400 out of 999...

gakutenou in Richmond, California

Updated 12 months ago

Where to find the place for CGMBS training with trainee license - 1 Reply

I already have a CGMBS trainee license and would like to get the certificate in the future. I am wondering where I could find a place to receive the...

teffy in New Jersey

Updated 12 months ago

How to list ASCP certification on resume? - 1 Reply

Should you list your certification number on your resume, or wait until they ask for it? If the number isn't needed, I was just going to put...

snowflower in Wheeling, Illinois

College graduate thinking about becoming MLT/MT (Chicago,IL area) Advice needed..

I'm thinking about applying to MLT program located in the Chicago suburb. I got my BS in biology last year, and I took nursing assistant class to...

medtechmom in Newport News, Virginia

Updated 12 months ago

Do You Like Your Job? - 87 Replies

I'm really excited to study to become a medical technologist after I graduate with a BA in Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology from CU and...

hanna in Iloilo, Philippines

Updated 12 months ago

h1b visa CLS in California - 2 Replies

Hello I am disperate to find a job as CLS in Los Angeles!!! Can anyone tell me some hospitals tht sponsor h1b visas in LA or surroundings? If nobody...

chika2 in Georgia

Updated 12 months ago

BS in Biology-Aab Mt exam - 1 Reply

I just recently graduated college with a Bachelor's in Biology and have decided to pursue the Mt profession. I don't want to enroll in a mlt program...

Swimmer in Webster, New York

MT salaries/programs in western NY?

Hey all, I was just wondering about people on here who have experience with rotation programs outside of NYC in western NY (Buffalo, Rochester,...

Courtney McIntyre in Rancho Cucamonga, California

Updated 12 months ago

NAACLS Accreditation... How necessary is it, really? - 17 Replies

The question, I believe, is self-explanatory. If I get my degree from a regionally-accredited school and certified by a national agency such as...

Clinical Intern in SE, Michigan

Updated 12 months ago

Salary and demand of Medical Technologist. - 81 Replies

We the Medical Technologist always had being place at the of the line. Always the favorit of the Hospital are the Nurses and the Doctors. But the...

CLS48 in California

Updated 12 months ago

Ca job offer and COL - 6 Replies

Hey guys. I currently make $22/hr and change in NC. However i was recently offered a job in southern CA for $35/hr. The pay is pretty good until I...

CLS48 in California

Updated 13 months ago

do labs use access or excel - 2 Replies

Do most labs use either excel or access? ive noticed all labs require proficiency in database and i looked into database class but it looks like they...

medtechn in Florida

Updated 13 months ago

Arizona High School Biology Teacher wants to become MT. - 1 Reply

Any advice for me? I'd like to change careers. I have a BS in Biology, and 15 years teaching. I have college level teaching experience, so my old...

oiboyz in Los Angeles, California

Updated 13 months ago

BS in medical lab science - entry level jobs? - 1 Reply

I graduated last year with a BS in medical laboratory science and it seems like I can't get hired anywhere since I don't have any NYS license or...

karina91 in westbury, New York

Updated 13 months ago

Anyone complete the New York Methodist CLS program?? - 106 Replies

Has anyone completed the NEW YORK METHODIST CLS PROGRAM, and/or especially the online distance education one? If so any feedback? thank you!!

foreverinschool in Houston, Texas

Updated 13 months ago

MLT to MLS program - 1 Reply

Does anybody know any good online MLT to MLS program? I looked into couple and most require organic chemistry and exit exam in order to graduate.

CLS in Los Angeles, California

Updated 13 months ago

I need a change - 3 Replies

I've been working as a Med Tech for a little over 4 years now and I'm begining to get burned out. Right now I work in Flow Cytometry but I'm not...

sexy20 in Waipahu, Hawaii

Updated 13 months ago

Obtaining a license in Hawaii - 1 Reply

Hello, please help. I'm planning on getting a license in hawaii, but I graduated from a school outside of the US. I was wondering if anyone here has...

MJ in Routot, France

medical technology job for expatriate in France

I worked as medical technologist in the Philippines with 20 years experience in different hospital laboratories. Now living in France, is there a...

Wanda in Olympia, Washington

Updated 13 months ago

Medical Technology Programs in WA - 1 Reply

I am currently taking classes at University of WA for a molecular biology degree. I tried applying to their med tech program, but it is very...

ahmed in Memphis, Tennessee

Updated 13 months ago

AAB, ASCP, AMT... - 2 Replies

Many moons ago I finished my BS in Biochem at an elite private school. During this massive recession however capital was down and I decided to...

vicky in Lakewood, California

Updated 13 months ago

ASCP vs ASCPi - 10 Replies

Hi guys! I just have inquiry. Im interested in taking ASCP certification. I worked as a CLS in cali for 2 to 3 years 8 years ago. Im a foreign grad...

Me in Nashville, Tennessee

Updated 13 months ago

Master's degree in medical technology - 23 Replies

Hi all, This is my first post on this forum. I was just accepted into a Master's Program for medical technology this past week. My program...

Brye... in Woodside, New York

Updated 13 months ago

Is there a the New York State MLS exam different than the national ascp cert. exam - 62 Replies

Rumor around my hospital is that the ASCP New York State only exam route is easier than the ASCP national exam is this true

CaliRVT in smalltown, California

National University CLS Courses

Hello. I had a question about National University CLS courses. I have a B.S. degree from an CSU college, but am missing some prerequisite...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.