ASCP(MB) certification

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Brandon in Lexington, South Carolina

40 months ago

I was wondering if I read Route 1 correctly for taking the Molecular Biology exam by ascp. All you need is a bacherlor's and MLS certification, correct? I was thinking of taking the exam in a couple months even though I haven't worked in a molecular biology lab. I am applying to grad school next year for a molecular diagnostics program and thought may be this would help for then and now in my career.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

LookingforGobs in Naugatuck, Connecticut

39 months ago

If you are applying to grad school, focus on taking a GRE subject exam in MB. I have heard that is alot more challenging. from my limited experience, taking specialized MLS exams isn't really worth a whole lot. Go talk to someone who works in molecular. See if it is a requirement for the position. If it is, go a head and take it, but the GRE subject tests are better for grad school. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brandon in Lexington, South Carolina

39 months ago

Thank you so much! I appreciated the advice. I didn't even know there was a subject exam in molecular biology for the GRE.

Ki Young Hwang in Daegu, Korea, Republic of

10 months ago

International technologist from South Korea
First of all, thank you for your generous recommendation about study guidelines on ASCP MB
Let me introduce myself to you, I am a international medical laboratory scientists has been working in the South Korea for ten years. Due to the foreseeable future trends in laboratory medicine and research field. I had a mind to apply for ASCPi MB on April, 2015 and fortunately, passed the examination. If you don’t mind, could you tell me that I have a possibility to get a job in the US or Canada with this certification. I have a bachelor degree and am studying bio-technology at the under-graduation school

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

nuggets24 in New Haven, Connecticut

10 months ago

Yes, you should be eligible for positions with an international certification. It is considered the same as far as I know in the US anyway.

Ki Young Hwang in Yongsan, Korea, Republic of

10 months ago

Thank you so much
I have one more question, Which certification is better in USA or Canade. MB or MLS? I want to know about your opinion.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.