ASCP vs ASCPi

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

CLS in cali but now in Las Vegas, Nevada

21 months ago

Hi guys! I just have inquiry. Im interested in taking ASCP certification. I worked as a CLS in cali for 2 to 3 years 8 years ago. Im a foreign grad by the way and Im still a licensed CLS. I know that the qualifications to be able to take the ASCP cert is in their website.

My problem is it seems like Im not qualified based on my experience. Im not sure though. Anyway, is it possible for me to take the ASCPi? Is ASCP same as ASCPi aside from it being international and can I apply to companies hiring people with ASCP cert if I get ASCPi cert? I would love to work in Chicago or NY. Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

Anyone please? And what is AMT? Is it a licensure also like CLS or ASCP? Is there a state that allows AMT only? I just saw it on other post. Cause in Cali only Licensed CLS can work. Thanks guys!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KizzyAspiringCLS in Brooklyn, New York

21 months ago

CLS in cali but now in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Anyone please? And what is AMT? Is it a licensure also like CLS or ASCP? Is there a state that allows AMT only? I just saw it on other post. Cause in Cali only Licensed CLS can work. Thanks guys!

If you are not qualified to take the ASCP, You can not take it.

But the ASCP is national certification so the guidelines are a bit more specific. You may be able to be certified for just a specific state, like NY or CA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

Thanks kizzy. I guess I would just take the licensure exam of NY. I am already licensed in California is just that Im thinking of moving to midwest or east.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

CLS in cali now in Las Vegas, Nevada

21 months ago

Anybody have an idea where can I work as Medical technologist with ASCP(i) certificate? Michigan? or any state? Or is it totally useless?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

Anyone??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MT143 in New York

21 months ago

Hi CLS in Vegas. I'm a foreign graduate. I got my ASCPi last October 2011 and got a job on April 2012. Its just the same as ASCP but youre just foreign graduate, some hospital or lab would acknowledge your credentials and hire you as Medical Technologist (ASCPi). Just keep applying and somebody will hire you (I just got 6 months clinical training when I applied) so dont loose hope! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

MT143 in New York said: Hi CLS in Vegas. I'm a foreign graduate. I got my ASCPi last October 2011 and got a job on April 2012. Its just the same as ASCP but youre just foreign graduate, some hospital or lab would acknowledge your credentials and hire you as Medical Technologist (ASCPi). Just keep applying and somebody will hire you (I just got 6 months clinical training when I applied) so dont loose hope! :)

Wow! thanks MT 143.. Don't they require NY license to be be able to work in NY? I used to work in cali, is just that Im thinking of working here in vegas. I really appraeciate your reply. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cwh in New York, New York

19 months ago

MT143 in New York said: Hi CLS in Vegas. I'm a foreign graduate. I got my ASCPi last October 2011 and got a job on April 2012. Its just the same as ASCP but youre just foreign graduate, some hospital or lab would acknowledge your credentials and hire you as Medical Technologist (ASCPi). Just keep applying and somebody will hire you (I just got 6 months clinical training when I applied) so dont loose hope! :)

Hello, Thanks for your encouraging information. I also consider tale ASCPi exam to change my career. How can I get the clinical training? Thanks a lot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

LMH in Hicksville, New York

15 months ago

Hi there! Did you apply for the NYS license and took the exam via ASCP before you got to work in NY while holding a (MT)ASCPi certificate? I took my ASCPi in the Philippines last 2011 and moved here to NY early this year. Right now I am planning to apply for the NYS license and NYS don't consider/acknowledge my ASCPi cert. I was told I still have to take the exam and it seems it doesn't mean I would get an ASCP cert if I pass it since taking the ASCP exam have requirements for eligibility too.

vicky in Lakewood, California

2 months ago

Does Pamet conduct Medtech review class in Southern California?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.