ASCPi review??

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 54)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Grace in Virginia Beach, Virginia

83 months ago

You need to take the Clinical Laboratory Scientists' exam in CA to be able to practice there.
check out California Department of Health and Human Services.
Good luck.

renity tumbaga in Manila, Philippines said: greetings! both review centers here in manila are good but..is it good to take ASCPi here in the Phil.?Does ASCPi will be acknowledge in California whenever i got to pass here in the Phil.? Does ASCPi certification here ,also can be acceptable in the U.S?? Is it only ASCPi certification or a licence?..thanks for immediate response..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

maria in Laval, Quebec

81 months ago

Grace in Virginia Beach, Virginia said: You need to take the Clinical Laboratory Scientists' exam in CA to be able to practice there.
Good luck.

u can reciprocate it with ascpi as of july 2007 ...kaso u need a ss number from US so uselss

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

chu in North Las Vegas, Nevada

74 months ago

i took the ASCPi exam lst sept here in nevada..is ASCPi recognized in Nevada?coz somebodt told me that it isnt..so does it mean my ASCPi certification is a waste? please help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

chu vince cruz in Las Vegas, Nevada

67 months ago

hi net,
I used Robert Harr, Pearl of Wisdom by Valerie Polansky and the green book from ASAP for my review. The examination is more on clinical basis. You should know how to interpret cell panel. Goodluck on your exam

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

net in San Jose, California

67 months ago

thank you so much! im a bit scared now since i graduated 3 years ago, and its my first time to take board exam. I really appreciate it. God bless you anf your family =)

nilampurohit29@yahoo.co.in in Arlington, Massachusetts

66 months ago

chu vince cruz in Las Vegas, Nevada said: hi net,
I used Robert Harr, Pearl of Wisdom by Valerie Polansky and the green book from ASAP for my review. The examination is more on clinical basis. You should know how to interpret cell panel. Goodluck on your exam

hy chu,

i have a que abt ascpi. what is the difference between ascpi and ascp? job chances are equal for both the exams? how one can convert from ascpi to ascp? i am highly oblige to you.

nilam.

Chu

66 months ago

Hi nilam,

ASCPi versus ASCP—What’s the Difference?
The difference between the two certifications is that the international (ASCPi) exam does not include U.S. governmental policy and procedure questions with which you should be familiar if you are working in the U.S. (i.e. OSHA, CLIA, HIPPA) However, having the ASCPi certification proves you are just as competent as the ASCP certified individual in all other aspects of the medical laboratory.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chu

66 months ago

Nilam,
ASCP is planning to have a bridge exam to convert ASCPi to ASCP but its not available for now

RMT86 in College Station, Texas

66 months ago

I am ASCPi certified but I would like to learn about the topics covered by ASCP not covered in ASCPi test. Please advise me what are the books or materials I should read and buy about US government policy and procedures e.g. OSHA, CLIA and HIPPA. I am in the US and these topics are necessary for me to get a job as MT.

66 months ago

chu vince cruz in Las Vegas, Nevada said: hi net,

thanks chu!im having a hard time to interpret panels and diagnose so far. i hope i can make it,pearl of wisdom is not available for now, i bought the quick review cards in the meantime from Polansky. You have a good day and God bless! =)

sporothrix in Fremont, California

65 months ago

hello everyone,
just to let you know that Pearson Professional Center in San Jose,CA moved to Milpitas,CA. Took ASCPi yesterday went to San Jose coz that was the direction given to me but when i got there 30 minutes before my scheduled exam, there was a sign saying they moved to milpitas. so i had to hurry back to Milpitas and got there 5 minutes before my schedule. Good luck to all whose taking the exam. Study hard

65 months ago

hi!thanks for the info,ill be taking my exam there too! anyway, can i ask how many questions are included? i have 3 months from now, will I make it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

sporothrix in Modesto, California

65 months ago

net in San Jose, California said: hi!thanks for the info,ill be taking my exam there too! anyway, can i ask how many questions are included? i have 3 months from now, will I make it?

hi net,

There are 100 questions and they will give you 21/2hrs. You have lots of time. just study hard. study the practice test in CDrom of Robert harr and the textbook specially the problem solving at the end of each chapter.coz i got similar questions in the exam.give more time in microbiology, bloodbank, and chemistry and hematology coz thats where most of the questions are coming from. If i can make it im sure you will make it. good luck with ur exam and study hard.

65 months ago

thank you so much! i really appreciate it. god bless to you and your family! am prayin hard that i can make it! thanks thanks!

Miracle Worker in Bloomfield, New Jersey

65 months ago

Grace in Virginia Beach, Virginia said: You need to take the Clinical Laboratory Scientists' exam in CA to be able to practice there.
Good luck.

I can help you get a good review for ASCP. Send me your
e-mail address at Entrex222@yahoo.com. Guaranteed 100% passing.
When do you plan to take the exam?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

veds in Mount Pleasant, Iowa

65 months ago

Miracle Worker in Bloomfield, New Jersey said: I can help you get a good review for ASCP. Send me your

i need some help to pass the exam. i took 2 time MT (ASCPi), but i couldn't pass it. can i have help plz.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

salama laicum in granada hills, California

65 months ago

Miracle Worker in Bloomfield, New Jersey said: I can help you get a good review for ASCP. Send me your

I really need help in passing the ASCP. I've been skeptical in taking it, been procrastinating. Thanks for this, it's giving me a little confidence. Now that I am ready, my application is still up in the air, no one has responded to me about it.

salama laicum in granada hills, California

65 months ago

salama laicum in granada hills, California said: I really need help in passing the ASCP. I've been skeptical in taking it, been procrastinating. Thanks for this, it's giving me a little confidence. Now that I am ready, my application is still up in the air, no one has responded to me about it.

That's the problem, I never heard from them never responded to my emails or phone calls.

pacheco in Fremont, California

65 months ago

chu in North Las Vegas, Nevada said: i took the ASCPi exam lst sept here in nevada..is ASCPi recognized in Nevada?coz somebodt told me that it isnt..so does it mean my ASCPi certification is a waste? please help

hi chu, just to ask you something. How many days did you get your ASCPi exam score? Before you applied for the exam what documents did you sent to ascp? I am just confused, if I still need to send them my internship training verification coz LFS here in california ask for it before they gave me a qualification letter.Thanks

chu in Las Vegas, Nevada

65 months ago

hello pacheco,
my examination score was emailed to me within 10 business days after i took the test.
about your other question check this link

www.ascp.org/FunctionalNavigation/certification/International/InternationalCertificationProcess.aspx

goodluck

pacheco in Fremont, California

65 months ago

chu in Las Vegas, Nevada said: hello pacheco,
my examination score was emailed to me within 10 business days after i took the test.
about your other question check this link

www.ascp.org/FunctionalNavigation/certification/International/InternationalCertificationProcess.aspx

goodluck

I already checked the link, I already tooked the exam but haven't recieved an email. I was just wondering maybe they still need my internship training verification.After I finished the exam they gave me a print out of my exam result, and it says that the scores will be emailed to me unless i have not yet submitted the appropriate documentation verifying completion of the eligibility requirements. I just sent them my transcript of record. Did you also only sent them your transcript? thanks

chu in Las Vegas, Nevada

65 months ago

pacheco in Fremont, California said: I already checked the link, I already tooked the exam but haven't recieved an email. I was just wondering maybe they still need my internship training verification.After I finished the exam they gave me a print out of my exam result, and it says that the scores will be emailed to me unless i have not yet submitted the appropriate documentation verifying completion of the eligibility requirements. I just sent them my transcript of record. Did you also only sent them your transcript? thanks

when did you take the test?i didnt submit my Transcript.try to call ASCP

michellegdorman in San Diego, California

65 months ago

chu in North Las Vegas, Nevada said: i took the ASCPi exam lst sept here in nevada..is ASCPi recognized in Nevada?coz somebodt told me that it isnt..so does it mean my ASCPi certification is a waste? please help

hey chu, i'm about to take the ASCPi, can you give me some tips and pointers.. how did you study?, how hard was the test?.. i'm really nervous about taking it.. i've been planning to take for such a long time, i only got the chance now..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

hi michelle,
it took me 3 months to prepare for the exam. For my review materials i used the following; Pearl of Wisdom by Valerie Polansky, book of Robert Harr and the BOR (green book) from ASCP. The test is more on clinical basis, you must know to interpret the laboratory results to diagnose a disease..also learn to interpret a cell panel,ABO discrepancies,study on blood products and blood donation. Focus more on hematology, chemistry.Just study hard and im sure youll pass the test. Goodluck and Godbless

64 months ago

chu in North Las Vegas, Nevada said: hi michelle,
it took me 3 months to prepare for the exam. For my review materials i used the following; Pearl of Wisdom by Valerie Polansky, book of Robert Harr and the BOR (green book) from ASCP. The test is more on clinical basis, you must know to interpret the laboratory results to diagnose a disease..also learn to interpret a cell panel,ABO discrepancies,study on blood products and blood donation. Focus more on hematology, chemistry.Just study hard and im sure youll pass the test. Goodluck and Godbless

Thanks for the reply,
i actually bought a lot of books and now im kinda overwhelmed, i got the flash card review, pearls of wisdom, prentice hall both outline review and Q&A, ASCP book green and the 5th edition, hmmm, i just bought Robert Harr too.. and AABB books.. I only have 2 months, i just started studying.. was the test real hard??

64 months ago

michelle,
any examination is hard if you are not prepared..just do your part, study hard, maximize your time to read your review materials and lastly dont forget to pray.

Goodluck and Godbless

64 months ago

net in San Jose, California said: thanks chu!im having a hard time to interpret panels and diagnose so far. i hope i can make it,pearl of wisdom is not available for now, i bought the quick review cards in the meantime from Polansky. You have a good day and God bless! =)

Hi Net,

Just to inform you, Pearls of Wisdom has a new name now its Quick Review For CLS, here's the website: www.clsquickreview.com

it's $38 but since im in san diego it included shipping so about $43... not too bad right? they dont sell it on bookstores or on amazon, they only sell it on this website which is weird, i kinda felt weird to trust but i did get my book, they shipped pretty fast too.. it's nice!

they published the new version 2006 that's why you could'nt find the pearls of wisdom because its obsolete, the new one is a lot better has the same author too.. i just got like 2 days ago, bout to take the ASCPi (MT) in October, good luck to us!

64 months ago

chu in North Las Vegas, Nevada said: michelle,
any examination is hard if you are not prepared..just do your part, study hard, maximize your time to read your review materials and lastly dont forget to pray.

Goodluck and Godbless

Thanks a lot Chu! God Bless to you too!

xtian in Coleman, Texas

64 months ago

RMT86 in College Station, Texas said: I am ASCPi certified but I would like to learn about the topics covered by ASCP not covered in ASCPi test. Please advise me what are the books or materials I should read and buy about US government policy and procedures e.g. OSHA, CLIA and HIPPA. I am in the US and these topics are necessary for me to get a job as MT.

hi, just wondering, did u take the bridge exam to be ASCP than ASCPI?? and are u working here in US?? I am a ASCPI certified.. and currently working in texas

RMT86 in Houston, Texas

64 months ago

xtian in Coleman, Texas said: hi, just wondering, did u take the bridge exam to be ASCP than ASCPI?? and are u working here in US?? I am a ASCPI certified.. and currently working in texas

xtian, i didn't take the bridge exam anymore since my new employer has accepted my ASCPi certificate during the processing of my application.. i currently work in texas too.

courageoussssssss in San Jose, California

64 months ago

oh really? nahh, now im thinking buy it! im still reviewing harr's book and cd rom. yeah, god bless to both of us! haha. Thanks for informing me, i mean us. Have a good day!

xtian in Brownwood, Texas

64 months ago

RMT86 in Houston, Texas said: xtian, i didn't take the bridge exam anymore since my new employer has accepted my ASCPi certificate during the processing of my application.. i currently work in texas too.

that's great!! i want to get in touch with you then. pls email me xtian03cute@yahoo.com

64 months ago

courageoussssssss in San Jose, California said: oh really? nahh, now im thinking buy it! im still reviewing harr's book and cd rom. yeah, god bless to both of us! haha. Thanks for informing me, i mean us. Have a good day!

Im still waiting for by Robert Harr.. its been a week...geeesh! anyways, so how are you with your studying? still frustrated? just relax we'll both make it! :)

64 months ago

hi, will you know right away if you pass or fail upon taking ASCPi(MT) exam? how is it?

clsCA5674 in Thousand Oaks, California

64 months ago

courageoussssssss in San Jose, California said: hi, will you know right away if you pass or fail upon taking ASCPi(MT) exam? how is it?

yes you will know right after you finish the exam if you "pass" or "fail".

if you did your best studying... the rest is done :-)

64 months ago

thanksthanks! god bless!

happybigfeet in Newark, California

63 months ago

hi, Chu

I am planning for ASCPi. Does the exam including Molecular Diagnostics? Did you have any laboratory rules or regulations questions in the real exam? Do I need to remember all the refernce range in chemistry? I am not sure the real questions will post the refernce range or not. Thank you in advance.

63 months ago

happybigfeet,
i took the exam last year and in my case theres no molecular diagnostics nor lab rules and regulations. theres no need to know the reference range in chem.

goodluck and Godbless

63 months ago

chu in North Las Vegas, Nevada said: happybigfeet,
i took the exam last year and in my case theres no molecular diagnostics nor lab rules and regulations. theres no need to know the reference range in chem.

goodluck and Godbless

Thank you so much, Chu. I will take my exam next month, and I am very nervous even can not fall asleep every night. I can not remember the micro biochemistry tests for each genus. How did you master this field? What's the percentage of parasitology and body fluids in real test? For parasitology, did you have picture identification?

I appreciate your reply and it is encourage me to pass the ASCPi exam.

Godbless

63 months ago

happybigfeet,
dont worry to much, just do your part. study well and dont forget to pray. i studied for 3 months for the exam. its impossible to master micro so dont worry about it. i cant remember the percentage but if you have the green book from ASCP you can check it there. yeah i think i have 2 pictures for para.goodluck and Godbless you

63 months ago

Thank you, Chu.
Wish you find your ideal job in US.
We may share information and email in futher about job hunting.
Keep in touch. My email is helen.hj@gmail.com.
Godbless.

naida in London, United Kingdom

63 months ago

chu in North Las Vegas, Nevada said: hi michelle,

are those books helpful, coz im preparing for my ascpi, please help me and share some info about ascpi exam

63 months ago

naida in London, United Kingdom said: are those books helpful, coz im preparing for my ascpi, please help me and share some info about ascpi exam

yes i could say the books help me pass the exam. just have a time management for your review.focus on blood bank, hematology, chemistry and microbiology. goodluck

62 months ago

courageoussssssss in San Jose, California said: oh really? nahh, now im thinking buy it! im still reviewing harr's book and cd rom. yeah, god bless to both of us! haha. Thanks for informing me, i mean us. Have a good day!

I finally passed the test! thank God! I just took it last thursday... hope you passed yours too let me know.. you'll know right at the end of the test if you passed or failed.. its not too hard as long as you studied.. trust yourself.you can do it! Good luck!

peachfernandez in Singapore, Singapore

42 months ago

RMT86 in Houston, Texas said: xtian, i didn't take the bridge exam anymore since my new employer has accepted my ASCPi certificate during the processing of my application.. i currently work in texas too.

Hi i am really glad to know they might accept the ASCPi too. Can u email me? peachfernandez@gmail.com. Would really like to know more as I am planning to complete my ASCPi and find a job in texas too

shine65 in Plano, Texas

42 months ago

xtian in Coleman, Texas said: hi, just wondering, did u take the bridge exam to be ASCP than ASCPI?? and are u working here in US?? I am a ASCPI certified.. and currently working in texas

Hi,

Which company in Texas accepts ASCPi? I am kinda confused. I am in SIngapore. I want to work in Texas. I am not sure if ASCPi in SIngapore is recognised? Where did u get yours?

Archana in Vapi, India

34 months ago

will u please help me for my ascp exam plz plz plz........
My id is patelarchana1987@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Insan in Irvine, California

33 months ago

michellegdorman in San Diego, California said: I finally passed the test! thank God! I just took it last thursday... hope you passed yours too let me know.. you'll know right at the end of the test if you passed or failed.. its not too hard as long as you studied.. trust yourself.you can do it! Good luck!

Hi,

I am preparing for teh ASCPi exam and I noticed that you took it and passed, congrats...Are you able to find jobs with ASCPi or did you have to go through some other process.

skinnytype in Philippines

30 months ago

chu in North Las Vegas, Nevada said: yes i could say the books help me pass the exam. just have a time management for your review.focus on blood bank , hematology, chemistry and microbiology. goodluck

hi chu! just want to ask if the books are also available here in the Philippines do you have an idea? thanks.. im just curious also my friend asked me if she can take ASCPI exam even dont have a license yet here in the Philippines just graduated from BS Medical Technology. thanks again:) God bless

chu vince cruz in North Las Vegas, Nevada

30 months ago

hi skinnytype, im not sure if the books are available in the Philippines but you can try to order in amazon.com
If your friend is planning to take the ASCPi (international), she should have a medtech license. she will need the license number when applying for the examination. Goodluck

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.