Anyone complete the New York Methodist CLS program??

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 106)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

lovecandy791 in New York

33 months ago

Has anyone completed the NEW YORK METHODIST CLS PROGRAM, and/or especially the online distance education one? If so any feedback? thank you!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

anonnnmoyus in Brooklyn, New York

33 months ago

the online program recently just came out(so they can rake in more $$$ , as they can accept more students)

but i heard the program is good, and in fact - the only one year program remaining in new york city now that st.vincents is gone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

resident in New York, New York

33 months ago

My wife completed the on-site program. It wasn't great, but it got the job done. Her and almost all of her friends passed the exam on the first take. I think all of them have found jobs at this point (graduated last August).

I'm not sure how the online program is, but I would be concerned about completing the lab rotations. That was even pretty tough at times for the on-site program when you had the staff supporting you in arranging things.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

lovecandy791 in New York

32 months ago

hmm.. def!! thanks so much for the input everyone

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Brooklyn, New York

31 months ago

Not a good program. But the only program. Not a professional program judging by the teaching. The real learning happens on your own with the book and rotations. Class utterly useless and waste of time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

SeekingCLSinMaryland in Laurel, Maryland

30 months ago

Anyone here know when the distance CLS porgram at NYM hospital will start? I checked their website but couldn't find any information about the next class schedule. I am planning on working 20hr while attending this program full time and I also have family? Is it do able? I am so afraid that I won't be able to handle it. I have BS in biology and have been working in the bio research lab for many years.
Any advice/feedback is greatly appreciated.

ANON in Brooklyn, New York

29 months ago

Terrible program. You have other options like Cuny schools like: Hunter, CSI, York, etc. It is much cheaper and you'll actually get a real education & real rotations days (like FIVE days per week in a lab for a full year)

29 months ago

ANON in Brooklyn, New York said: Terrible program. You have other options like Cuny schools like: Hunter, CSI, York, etc. It is much cheaper and you'll actually get a real education & real rotations days (like FIVE days per week in a lab for a full year)

Unfortunately, Hunter and CSI(staten island) are not NAACLS accredited schools. CSI students used to finish their last year at St.Vincent's CLS program and get both their bachelor's in science/CLS degree. I am not sure if New York Methodist is affilated with CSI now. So far, Hunter College only prepares you for NY ASCP certification, but it won't be valid if you move out of state.

29 months ago

SeekingCLSinMaryland in Laurel, Maryland said: Anyone here know when the distance CLS porgram at NYM hospital will start? I checked their website but couldn't find any information about the next class schedule. I am planning on working 20hr while attending this program full time and I also have family? Is it do able? I am so afraid that I won't be able to handle it. I have BS in biology and have been working in the bio research lab for many years.
Any advice/feedback is greatly appreciated.

they have a Live Online Chat, that might help. But the best thing is always to contact someone in the department.

Anon in Brooklyn, New York

28 months ago

anonnnmoyus in Brooklyn, New York said: Unfortunately, Hunter and CSI(staten island) are not NAACLS accredited schools. CSI students used to finish their last year at St.Vincent's CLS program and get both their bachelor's in science/CLS degree. I am not sure if New York Methodist is affilated with CSI now. So far, Hunter College only prepares you for NY ASCP certification, but it won't be valid if you move out of state.

True.
York = accredited by Naacls
CSI = NY ascp OR go to Methodist for national ascp (St. Vincents is no longer available since the hospital is now closed)
*heard CSI is going to be accredited in Aug 2012
Hunter = NY ascp only

Anon in Brooklyn, New York

28 months ago

anonnnmoyus in Brooklyn, New York said: Unfortunately, Hunter and CSI(staten island) are not NAACLS accredited schools. CSI students used to finish their last year at St.Vincent's CLS program and get both their bachelor's in science/CLS degree. I am not sure if New York Methodist is affilated with CSI now. So far, Hunter College only prepares you for NY ASCP certification, but it won't be valid if you move out of state.

True.
York = accredited by Naacls
CSI = NY ascp OR go to Methodist for national ascp (St. Vincents is no longer available since the hospital is now closed)
*heard CSI is going to be accredited in Aug 2012
Hunter = NY ascp only

Independent joe in Brooklyn, New York

28 months ago

Do not attend the Methodist program. They do not care about learning, the students or even the basic fundaments of teaching. They do enjoy money and will gladly take yours. The program tries to accept as many people as possible in hopes of maximizing profits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brooklyn-ism in Brooklyn, New York

25 months ago

FOR ANYONE WANTING TO BECOME A CLINICAL LAB TECH, GO TO ST. JOHNS OR CUNY CSI OR CUNY HUNTER.

*****YOU MUST AVOID NEW YORK METHODIST FOR ALLIED HEALTH. I'VE MET A HANDFUL OF STUDENTS AT THE HOSPITAL DOING THEIR ROTATIONS RIGHT NOW AND I ONLY HEAR HORROR STORIES. MUST AVOID!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

SPIDER MAN in Brooklyn, New York

24 months ago

I agree!! I THINK THIS SCHOOL IS TRYING TO MAKE AS MUCH MONEY AS THEY CAN!
For your information they had 7 student in 2007
In 2010 they had 20 i heard
In 2012 they have over 100 i think

THOSE STUDENTS HAVE TO GO SOMEWHERE FOR CLINICAL EXPERIENCE BUT WHERE TO FIND THE HOSPITAL TO PUT THEM IN? SO THEY PUT STUDENTS WHEREVER THEY CAN EVEN IF TOO FAR OR POOR HOSPITAL!
---oh and tuition went up so much since 2007---

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

njbiodude in Bedminster, New Jersey

24 months ago

SPIDER MAN in Brooklyn, New York said: I agree!! I THINK THIS SCHOOL IS TRYING TO MAKE AS MUCH MONEY AS THEY CAN!
For your information they had 7 student in 2007
In 2010 they had 20 i heard
In 2012 they have over 100 i think

THOSE STUDENTS HAVE TO GO SOMEWHERE FOR CLINICAL EXPERIENCE BUT WHERE TO FIND THE HOSPITAL TO PUT THEM IN? SO THEY PUT STUDENTS WHEREVER THEY CAN EVEN IF TOO FAR OR POOR HOSPITAL!
---oh and tuition went up so much since 2007---

Does anyone predict a glutted market in the NYC area thanks to this "program?" Are falling salaries and subpar graduates going to flood the market in the city?

Batman in Brooklyn, New York

24 months ago

Whooooaaa! Whoaaa there Brooklynism...let's not get carried away here! For my sake, let's hold off until i'm through!

Rohan in Jamaica, New York

24 months ago

over 100 students ? O.O

My CLS class had about 14. That's very saturated if its true, and definitely not good for the job market for these guys once they graduate. I'm glad I'm already working though, I wonder how all of them will pass their ASCP if they are not taught properly.

george in Bronx, New York

24 months ago

Are there really over a hundred students in the program?

george in Bronx, New York

24 months ago

Can anyone tell me if Cuny York's CLS program is any good?

Robin Hood (i'm from Sherwood) in Brooklyn, New York

24 months ago

You have tier 1 schools like Harvard. Tier 2 schools like Florida State. Tier 3 schools like some of the CUNYs. Tier 4 schools are the ones that advertise GET A 4 YEAR DEGREE IS JUST 18 MONTHS on the subway. Ditto Phoenix University (online). This is a Tier 4 school despite having some pretty good teachers. Unfortunately most of your money goes to pay for secretaries and IT guys in huge, spacious, well lit offices sealed behind bullet proof glass and security doors. Students get cramped tables, slow computers, and rooms either cooled to 50 degrees or heated to 90 degrees. I'm sure either big changes are coming to this program or it's going to be shuttered.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jason madonhue in brooklyn new york, New York

24 months ago

Robin hood did you attend NYM? is it really as bad as people say it is?

Hamuda in Brooklyn, New York

24 months ago

This program costed me 30$ thousand!!!' Cuz what, My school is affiliated with them, that's not fair

Coney Island in Brooklyn, New York

24 months ago

jason madonhue in brooklyn new york, New York said: Robin hood did you attend NYM? is it really as bad as people say it is?

Let me answer for I am a current student (with 4 months left in the program), yes. It is.

Another point that hasn't been mentioned yet, this program also doesn't offer any job placements or provide any study material for the ASCP. Expect to spend a couple of hundreds on textbooks and LabCE because this is REQUIRED material. You really do need to purchase the extra stuff since there is no education provided. New York Methodist will take our tuition money but they won't help us. Best of luck to all the graduates from St. Johns or York, we are already doomed.

24 months ago

Coney island dosen't the program end in the august? how is it that you have 4 months left in the program? does it take more then 1 year to complete?

Bensonhoist in Brooklyn, New York

24 months ago

there's a class that start in august. another class start in january. another class start in august (online) and another class start in january (online). Total racket. They make more profit than wall street. No teaching because most of the teachers dont know anything except how to read powerpoint. They gives us quizzes or tests and every time theres 1 or 2 wrong answers on the key for every 10 question! Then since they dont know the material, they just tell the class the answer key is right and the class has to argue over what is right! If we cant all agree then you lose the point even if you are right! I probably lose 5 points on every test because of this! NAACL should do a visit when we go over a test. Theyll shut the school down the next day!

ASDF77 in New York

23 months ago

THIS NYM PROGRAM IS A RIDICULOUS WASTE OF TIME AND REALLY MADE ME RECONSIDER WHY I STARTED THIS "INTERESTING FIELD." I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE MISERABLE IN A CLASSROOM. DURING MY UNDERGRAD EVEN IF I WAS HUNG OVER OR SICK I STILL PARTICIPATED AND PAYED ATTENTION. THESE "LECTURES" THEY GIVE US ARE RIDICULOUS. I'M PRETTY SURE MY CLASSMATES AND I CAN DO A BETTER JOB TEACHING EACH OTHER THAN PAYING AN EXORBITANT AMOUNT OF MONEY ON SCRUBS WE DON'T NEED AND BOOKS WE DON'T USE SINCE THEY GIVE US THE EXAM QUESTIONS, CONSIDERING WE WOULD FAIL THESE SO CALLED "EXAMS" SINCE THEY CANNOT TEACH US AT ALL. THERE ARE TWO ACTUAL "PROFESSORS" WITH PHD'S AND THE REST ARE A JOKE. MY WHOLE CLASS ARE ON THERE PHONES OR SLEEPING OR WAITING TO RUN OUT THE DOOR. ARE THEY REALLY KIDDING? THEY ARE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE. AND THE PAPER WORK ... MY GOSH, SERIOUSLY? AND THE ATTENDANCES? THE REASON WHY WE USE THEM IS BECAUSE WE SERIOUSLY DREAD STAYING IN CLASS. IT'S ATROCIOUS WHAT THIS PROGRAM IS. I WAS SO EXCITED TO START AND NOW I CANNOT BELIEVE I GOT MYSELF INTO THIS. I CANNOT WAIT TO FINISH THIS STUPID PROGRAM. ESPECIALLY FOR HIRING SUCH AN INCOMPETENT STAFF. DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE SECRETARIES WHO ONLY SIT ON THEIR ASSES AND WALK AROUND THE BUILDING WITH SUCH AN AIR. PLEASE, PLEASE CONSIDER A YEAR OF HELL BEFORE DOING THIS PROGRAM. I SHOULD HAVE JUST GOTTEN MY MASTERS INSTEAD OF DOING THIS CRAP.

23 months ago

ASDF77 do you think u'll be able to find a job after completing the program?
did you learn a lot during the clinicals?

Newbie711 in Ohio

23 months ago

Hi all...I came across this forum after doing a search on the program. I am in Ohio and I'm seriously considering applying for the upcoming semester. I was wondering if any of you have experience/info about the online program? Most of what I'm reading seems to be about the on-site classes. Also, any info on completing clinicals out of state? I spoke with someone in admissions and they claim they have affiliated sites across the country, including Ohio. Thanks!

irol in Brooklyn, New York

23 months ago

Newbie711 in Ohio said: Hi all...I came across this forum after doing a search on the program. I am in Ohio and I'm seriously considering applying for the upcoming semester. I was wondering if any of you have experience/info about the online program? Most of what I'm reading seems to be about the on-site classes. Also, any info on completing clinicals out of state? I spoke with someone in admissions and they claim they have affiliated sites across the country, including Ohio. Thanks!

they will take anyone's money even if you're situated in Ohio. it is even worst for the Distance Program aka their online class. NY Methodist charges more money for the online class. which makes no sense because they don't even need ANY teachers. You can pay a kid $5 to sit at behind a computer and upload the power points. the "school" do not make up any of the exams, just buy the test bank to the textbooks and you'll be acing the entire course. if you don't care for an education and have an unlimited pile of wealth, then by all means do it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Newbie711 in Ohio

23 months ago

irol in Brooklyn, New York said: they will take anyone's money even if you're situated in Ohio. it is even worst for the Distance Program aka their online class. NY Methodist charges more money for the online class. which makes no sense because they don't even need ANY teachers. You can pay a kid $5 to sit at behind a computer and upload the power points. the "school" do not make up any of the exams, just buy the test bank to the textbooks and you'll be acing the entire course. if you don't care for an education and have an unlimited pile of wealth, then by all means do it.

Wow! Thanks for the info. I just may continue my search lol. I didn't know it was that bad. By chance, would you know how many actually graduate each year? Makes you wonder what the passage rate is for the ASCP exam if there's no real teaching going on.

Brooklyn in Brooklyn, New York

23 months ago

Distance question. Trust me. If you told them you live on Mars they would tell you they have an affiliated site not too far away. After you've paid you'll find out it's on earth or a neighboring state. They accepted so many students into both programs this year that they ran out of spots to place students in for clinicals. Lots of people ended up stuffed into city hospitals and private labs where no one will teach you, is capable of teaching you, or is even a technologist. I spend most of my day teaching myself using this thing called the internets. They have this respectably long list of "required teaching points" for the clinical sites where they send you. You'll think you're going to learn a lot. But it turns out that your clinical site doesn't know what that paper is or who you are and why you're there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ok in Brooklyn, New York

23 months ago

Newbie711 in Ohio said: Wow! Thanks for the info. I just may continue my search lol. I didn't know it was that bad. By chance, would you know how many actually graduate each year? Makes you wonder what the passage rate is for the ASCP exam if there's no real teaching going on.

^ Majority do not pass on the first attempt. I love how NYM didn't bring that lovely fact to light when I applied to the program. The passing rate for first time test takers is nearly at 20%. You don't know how many student's I've come across that graduated Aug 2011 that still didn't pass to this date. The pattern I see is this: most fail on their first attempt, then work at a hospital that they did their rotation at (that's how I'm meeting them), & now just begin to worry about the ASCP because their 1 year permit is nearly up. It's funny to see these people procrastinating it for an entire year just to worry about it near the deadline. Good luck to all.

Alen in Jamaica, New York

23 months ago

Ok in Brooklyn, New York said: ^ Majority do not pass on the first attempt. I love how NYM didn't bring that lovely fact to light when I applied to the program. The passing rate for first time test takers is nearly at 20%. You don't know how many student's I've come across that graduated Aug 2011 that still didn't pass to this date. The pattern I see is this: most fail on their first attempt, then work at a hospital that they did their rotation at (that's how I'm meeting them), & now just begin to worry about the ASCP because their 1 year permit is nearly up. It's funny to see these people procrastinating it for an entire year just to worry about it near the deadline. Good luck to all.

This is very true, one girl at my workplace was just let go because she couldn't pass it after three tries and her permit expired. She graduated from methodist as well. We have all passed in our first attempt in my class at St.John's except one girl who took 2 tries.

Sam in Astoria, New York

23 months ago

I just finish reading my classmate comments. Since, i do not agree for everything was said. I will tell you this for fact. New York methodist school is the only accredited NAACLS in New York. After we graduated from the program we are all allowed to take ASCP which is the cold standard in Medical technology licensing. Most of this comment you have read are from my classmate who transfer from CUNY Staten island
(cheap tuition), or Long Island university ( 30,000$ in tuition)to Methodist because their school so called the best school in New York, but are not even affiliated with any hospital and not even accredited by NAACLS. To make story sort and for new applicant plz do not listen to some of the people here because they are just trying to keep you away from maybe your best opportunity in your life to have secure and high demand in this bad economy. I agree, with some of the comment that some of the professor are not that good, however we all came from undergraduate university where some of our professor were the worst. Additionally, many people does not that the highest pay for medical technologist are in California ( starting salary can range from 35-55 $), and in order to practice in california, you neeed atleast one year of clinical rotation. The majority of the one-years program NAACLS around the country are dying to get California license, but they can not because their school have have only 6 month rotation.
I hope this help and if you have any other questions or if you are attending NY methodist this term, you can email me and I answer all ur question and probably give you my note and study material.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sam in Astoria, New York

23 months ago

I forget to add something, passing rate for ASCP last year class is around 90 % and average passing rate in nation is very poor. This peopel who are talking in this forum are probably jealous of you bc they do not want more competition for jobs. Additionally, I heard that 95 % of the last year class all got offer withing 3 months of graduation. This year, 6 people in my class got jobs in the Best hospital in the country " Presbetrien hospital" before even graduating.
If someone need the buy the text books let me know.

Jimmy Neutron in New York, New York

23 months ago

Sam in Astoria, New York said: I forget to add something, passing rate for ASCP last year class is around 90 % and average passing rate in nation is very poor. This peopel who are talking in this forum are probably jealous of you bc they do not want more competition for jobs. Additionally, I heard that 95 % of the last year class all got offer withing 3 months of graduation. This year, 6 people in my class got jobs in the Best hospital in the country " Presbetrien hospital" before even graduating.
If someone need the buy the text books let me know.

90% passing rate? that has to be fabricated. i've personally emailed the school and they couldn't even make that claim. judging from your poor grammatical errors (and stating you actually graduated from nym) i think i can safely say this isn't going to be the school for me. this is more than obvious you're the school high so you can sell your text books. go on ebay.

www.naacls.org/search/programs.asp so this site will list all the naacls accredited schools in every state. has anyone finished york college in queens? how is the program there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

this is more than obvious you're SELLING THE SCHOOL****** high so you can sell your text books. go on ebay.

Sam in Astoria, New York

23 months ago

You do not have to be offended by giving you real fact. Is true there are many grammar error because I am writing from my phone keyboard and I can not even see or edit what I wrote. I forget to mention, They were 4 student who got kick out from the program this year because they could not pass all the exams ( and I guess you are one of them even with your super grammar and English writing skills, if you are that smart why do not you to Medical school or pharmacy? . Your English write skills will not help to pass the ASCP ( All questions are multiply choice) at the end even Philipino who make 80 % of California MT worker do not even speak or write English. They migrate here to USA with H1 visa and do not even know what is like to have 70 thousands of loans after school ( thanks to our policy maker). Stop complaining and blaming people for your failure. I am not here to sell my book, I am here to clarify things to other prospect Medical technologist. When I said NY methodist is the only school in NY that accredited is NY, I mean in the Tri Borough state area, of course there few in upstate New York but many people can not afford to live 4 hours away from home. York is also in Bronx and accredited, but is only for people who started from freshman year. Stop complaining and blaming people for your failure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sam in Astoria, New York

23 months ago

one more fact, despite of the negative aspect of some professor, we do have one of the best professor in clinical chemistry, his name is Kaplan and he is teh author of the Clinical Chemistry text book used nation wide.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

no. i did not fail from your class. did i imply that somewhere? if you MUST know, i'm a senior at stuyvesant high school and will be attending college next year.

my man, do you even know why Lawrence A. Kaplan is no longer a director of a laboratory and now only teaches at nym???? lol maybe you should find your damn facts out first before boasting about your best professor (when in reality this man only speaks of the past). you called him the best. your standards must be real low. (no one really care that if he wrote a book which literally no other college in the United States uses). my brother graduated nym and knows this program inside and out. i don't even understand why you're trying to hid the facts. no one is going to buy your textbooks here.

did i state i was smart? show me where that was remotely implied. is that why you think people should attend med school or get into pharm?? are you simply implying, you are NOT smart hence why you chose THIS field? if you just reread what you've said to me, that is all you're implying.
smart => med school/ pharmacy
not smart? => med tech
don't know english? => med tech
ok got it captain, that just about sum up what you're trying to tell me.

just an extra "fun fact", york college is in queens. not in the bronx like you claim. maybe you should just do a little research (or just google it) before you make things up on a public forum (people DO read this). goes to show how intelligent you MUST be graduating from nym. ONE LAST final thing before i retire from this post, the tri borough includes the following: manhattan, queens and the bronx. How you assume york is in the bronx but still neglect the fact that it's within the tri borough is beyond me. my guess, you're not a native new yorker.

Sam in Astoria, New York

23 months ago

I do not know, what happen to kaplan, the only think I know that all my classmate respect him more than other prof. because the way he teach. Regrading medical school, yes I am starting medical school after i required few years of experience and that is way I am MT to used it as bridge. I can not spend all my life working in grave yard lab or basement and get disrespected by others medical professional who do not even know that we have bachelor. For your record, you are saying that NY Methodist is so bad, I feel I know more than people with 20 years of experience who can not even explain to me the concept behind some analysis. So, it really does not matter if you go to Ivy league college or cuny or what ever , no body going to respect and tell you wow you are smart.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Alen in Jamaica, New York

23 months ago

Jimmy, I wouldn't pay attention to this Sam person, I graduated from St.John's University and that is a NAACLS accredited program and one of the best MT programs in NY. You can call the director of the program, she is the president of NYASCLS organization and will tell you that our passing rate for first time ASCP takers in the class is 100%. We all passed, we all got great jobs after graduation. Our class is usually small around 14-15 people so the learning experience was very thorough and the professors helped out in every which way to attend to each student's needs.

From what I heard, methodist takes in anybody with a pulse and I can tell you I do work in Presbyterian. There were atleast 3 people already who were let go because their permits expired and they could not pass their exam with the one year given to them, most slacked off or seemed to me as if they hardly learned anything in their program. The director of our lab is starting to get very tired of hiring these guy's on permits due to the liability, more hospitals are shifting on hiring ASCP only candidates already without a permit unless they are very desperate.

Jimmy, you seem like a smart guy so I think you know which way would be best for you but I'd advise to check out stjohn's program out. It's expensive since it's a private university but I guarantee you will not regret it and most hospitals recognize the students from there as being highly educated and trained compared to other programs which lands jobs much easier for you upon graduation. Stuyvesant is a great highschool, I personally went to Bronx Science. Ask me if you need help with anything else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Sam in Astoria, New York

23 months ago

Some one from Jamaica is promoting St. John lol.. but is ok everyone is free for his opinion here I just get sick of people complaining all time and blaming others for their failure. Yeh, I will believe you about Presbyterian. If you are really correct, they hire last year 4 people from NY methodist and this the hiring manager came to our school beging for us to work for him. so If that true, They give only 3 months temporary license, and now is one year from last year class . so, my friend you are lying last months they hire 6 more people and that show thats we r the best ..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

Alen in Jamaica, New York said: Jimmy, I wouldn't pay attention to this Sam person, I graduated from St.John's University and that is a NAACLS accredited program and one of the best MT programs in NY. You can call the director of the program, she is the president of NYASCLS organization and will tell you that our passing rate for first time ASCP takers in the class is 100%. We all passed, we all got great jobs after graduation. Our class is usually small around 14-15 people so the learning experience was very thorough and the professors helped out in every which way to attend to each student's needs.

From what I heard, methodist takes in anybody with a pulse and I can tell you I do work in Presbyterian. There were atleast 3 people already who were let go because their permits expired and they could not pass their exam with the one year given to them, most slacked off or seemed to me as if they hardly learned anything in their program. The director of our lab is starting to get very tired of hiring these guy's on permits due to the liability, more hospitals are shifting on hiring ASCP only candidates already without a permit unless they are very desperate.

Jimmy, you seem like a smart guy so I think you know which way would be best for you but I'd advise to check out stjohn's program out. It's expensive since it's a private university but I guarantee you will not regret it and most hospitals recognize the students from there as being highly educated and trained compared to other programs which lands jobs much easier for you upon graduation. Stuyvesant is a great highschool, I personally went to Bronx Science. Ask me if you need help with anything else.

Alen, thanks for your wonderful insights. i will most definitely look into St. Johns now. initially i was looking to obtain a bachelor in biology as a pre-med student but then i found out about med tech. looks like an interesting field and might be a better backbone structure for med school.

23 months ago

Sam in Astoria, New York said: Some one from Jamaica is promoting St. John lol.. but is ok everyone is free for his opinion here I just get sick of people complaining all time and blaming others for their failure. Yeh, I will believe you about Presbyterian. If you are really correct, they hire last year 4 people from NY methodist and this the hiring manager came to our school beging for us to work for him. so If that true, They give only 3 months temporary license, and now is one year from last year class . so, my friend you are lying last months they hire 6 more people and that show thats we r the best ..

honestly, do you even understand what you're typing? please stop stating you are the best, it's ultimately embarrassing... for new york methodist that is. you consistently talk about the 6 people hired at nyp but how many students were there in the entire class? about 40? so that's about a 15% hiring rate pre-graduation...... that's not a good number. think about it.

you claim they were "beging" your class to work for them, the 1 million dollar question is: did they even hire you?

jeter4lyfe in Brooklyn, New York

23 months ago

my friends and i bought the textbook's test banks from ebay and study from it all day. we got all As last semester in every single class. guess how we're doing this semester??? yupppppp you got i!!!! looks like we are about to receive another set of straight As. a ton of other students in my class uses the test banks too so we all pass easily. if you're looking to come to methodist, comeeeee now!!!! they are about to begin the next batch of kids in a few weeks. get the test bank and you'll be bankinnnnnng in the grades! sooooo easssssy this program is a jokeeeee.

Newbie711 in Ohio

23 months ago

Quick question: Are there quizzes/exams during the clinical rotations or just during the classroom work??

jeter4lyfe in Brooklyn, New York

23 months ago

quizzes and exams are for only classroom work. you pass or fail the program based on these quizzes and exams. if you do the distance program it's the same thing. all test bank questions!!!! you can't ask for a easier program

Alen in West New York, New Jersey

23 months ago

This is why you guys have a hard time passing the ASCP, it is no joke and there wont be any test banks to memorize answers from. I suggest you guys start applying what you are supposed to learn otherwise you are bound to fail and go through a huge mess when it comes to the only test that matters, the boards.

Pretty sure the same girl who got fired from my place recently boasted how she had a 4.0 gpa from Methodist yet could not pass the ascp in three tries. My program at stjohns was
Extremely hard, we hardly got A's, i personally mostly had B-B+'s and I scored a 623 on my boards. Go figure.

James Pa in Souderton, Pennsylvania

23 months ago

is the methodist NAACLS certified program school? the one im planning to is but they crunch 20 credits for the first two semesters then clinicals

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.