Anyone going to CLS Program interview at UC Davis in Nov 2012?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 74 of 74)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

AhiTuna in California

16 months ago

CLS 2013 in San Jose, California said: HI CLS Northridge CA,

Could you please share your interview experience at UC Davis after your Monday interview? I am so nervous and just want to know the process if you dont mind. Thank you and Good Luck to you.
How was your interview at Eisenhower and UCI? Hope you did great and got the spot at one of the schools you applied.

Kelly

FYI: UCD CLS program candidates are required to sign a nondisclosure agreement prior to the interview. Candidates are not to divulge any information about the interview to anyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

CLS_2013 in Granada Hills, California

16 months ago

Hey Mango,
I applied to four different programs, and was lucky enough to interviews at all four: CSULA, UCI, UC Davis and Eisenhower Medical Center. I don't have a stellar GPA... 3.25, but I do have lots of lab experience. I have worked as a phlebotomist and a technician for a few years and did pretty well in my pre-reqs, mostly A's or B+'s. After going to all the interviews, it seems like they are looking for someone who is well rounded, and genuinely interested in laboratory science, not just someone looking for a good paying career.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Anon in Long Beach, California

16 months ago

How long does it take to get phlebotomist certification?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

CLS_2013 in Northridge, California

16 months ago

Anon in Long Beach, California said: How long does it take to get phlebotomist certification?

I did it through a career school during the summer a few years ago. The course was in July, I did my externship in August and I had my license by October of that year. I think it cost around $1400 for the course.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

CLS 2013 in San Jose, California said: HI CLS Northridge CA,

Could you please share your interview experience at UC Davis after your Monday interview? I am so nervous and just want to know the process if you dont mind. Thank you and Good Luck to you.
How was your interview at Eisenhower and UCI? Hope you did great and got the spot at one of the schools you applied.

Kelly

Hi Kelly,
Well I can't disclose anything about the UC Davis interview because they have us sign a form of confidentiality, but it was a good experience! Good luck tomorrow!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

One way or another I have gotten a decision from every school except Davis. Has anyone heard anything from them?

CLS Fall 2013 in Lincoln, California

16 months ago

Davis said they would send out notifications by/on March 29th

CLSwannabe2013 in San Diego, California

16 months ago

CLS_2013 in Northridge, California said: One way or another I have gotten a decision from every school except Davis. Has anyone heard anything from them?

Did you get accepted into anyone of them?
Anyone who has received notice from Davis please post here. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

I just got a notice from Davis that I have been selected as an alternate. I am hoping that someone would decline their offer so I could sneak in! If not, I am very happy with UCI and I'm excited to train! Anyone else hear from Davis?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

I just receives notification of acceptance from UC Davis! I could not be more excited right now!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

Does anyone know which hospitals through the UC Davis program offer a stipend?

Clsfall13 in Palmdale, California

15 months ago

Do they not all offer a stipend? I didn't think it mattered which site you trained at?

15 months ago

Clsfall13 in Palmdale, California said: Do they not all offer a stipend? I didn't think it mattered which site you trained at?

On the program website it says "stipend: variable, not guaranteed"

Clsfall13 in Palmdale, California

15 months ago

Hmm that's interesting. Maybe someone who has received an offer from them could ellaborate

CLS CSUS in Sacramento, California

15 months ago

I believe UCD offers $1000/month and Sutter Sacramento offers $2000/month.

15 months ago

CLS CSUS in Sacramento, California said: I believe UCD offers $1000/month and Sutter Sacramento offers $2000/month.

Awesome, thanks. I'll be doing my training at Sutter. I didn't have a chance to do a tour before the interview so never got to ask about the stipend.

15 months ago

Hey me too. Looks like we're the lucky 2.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

CLS CSUS in Sacramento, California said: Hey me too. Looks like we're the lucky 2.

Yay! Well I look forward to meeting you! Will you be going to the tour this Friday at the speciality testing center?

15 months ago

No, I can't make it that day. I've been before though, it's very cool.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

CLS CSUS in Sacramento, California said: No, I can't make it that day. I've been before though, it's very cool.

Ok. well I guess we will be meeting later in the summer :)

AhiTuna in California

15 months ago

CLS CSUS in Sacramento, California said: I believe UCD offers $1000/month and Sutter Sacramento offers $2000/month.

You will be earning that $2000/month. Since they pay you more they expect you to do work. You will be running chem analyzers while all the CLS go to break. At UCD you will do less slave work and have more time to study.

15 months ago

Well thanks for the bright-side!

I think it will be worth the work to be able to pay my rent.

AhiTuna in California

15 months ago

It is not "the bright-side", it is your reality. Ahh, new students...still so optimistic :)

TFarnon in Sparks, Nevada

15 months ago

Interesting. I didn't know the Davis program offered stipends. That might have shifted my first choice to CSUS-Davis rather than UNLV. No matter--I did the UNLV program, liked it, passed the ASCP exam.

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.