CLS Trainee License

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

CLS Dude in Modesto, California

53 months ago

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows if I would be eligible to apply for a CA CLS Trainee License if I had courses in progress, or I could only apply once you've had every class done. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gakutenou in Chula Vista, California

53 months ago

CLS Dude in Modesto, California said: Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows if I would be eligible to apply for a CA CLS Trainee License if I had courses in progress, or I could only apply once you've had every class done. Thanks!

That will depend on the school that you applied for; it should say on the application instructions. I know for 2012, I have an upcoming interview for a CLS training program in Southern California, and I'm still taking Medical Microbiology. I think you just have to send your completed transcripts to the State when your classes are done and if you get accepted.

thebigbang0011 in Burbank, California

53 months ago

they don't like courses in progress because they receive a lot of applicants so they're able to favor people who have all courses completed, but it wont hurt to try. worst case scenario, you apply again.

CLSApplicant in San Francisco, California

53 months ago

My answer is regarding eligibility for the CA CLS Trainee License independent from applying to CLS programs.

You're eligible to apply if you have "in progress" courses but I believe you still have to send LFS the unofficial transcripts that prove you are taking those courses. LFS will then send you a letter stating "Enclosed is trainee license number _______ which has been issued on a contingent basis with the understanding that you will have your official transcript sent to us by the registrar's office by ________." if you meet all the educational requirements.

However, it takes awhile for them to process all the paperwork (about 2 months) and if you want to save yourself the trouble of sending two sets of transcripts, then just wait till you are done with your classes and then apply.

Hope that helps!

CLSApplicant in San Francisco, California

53 months ago

Also, anyone that meets the educational requirements can obtain a CLS trainee license. You don't necessarily have to be associated with any program. I got my trainee license before applying to CLS programs.

CLS Dude in Modesto, California

53 months ago

CLSApplicant in San Francisco, California said: Also, anyone that meets the educational requirements can obtain a CLS trainee license. You don't necessarily have to be associated with any program. I got my trainee license before applying to CLS programs.

Sounds good, thanks for your help guys.

CLS wannabe in Oakland, California

15 months ago

Does anyone know if we can apply for CGMBS and CLS generalist trainee license at the same time?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.