CLS trainee license prereqs?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 135 of 135)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

CLS 2 be in Berkeley, California

27 months ago

Questions for those of you taking online hematology class at Weber State University: how did you get registered into the course?

I am considering the online course at Weber State University too. But I'm quite confused after reading their course description. First it says the course is for "individuals holding BS/BA degrees in non-medical laboratory science and wish to obtain current education in hematology and hemostasis specific to the modern hospital laboratory"; then the prerequisite indicates "for medical laboratory personnel". And I even contacted someone from the MLS dept. and she says it has to be someone working in medical laboratory right now.
It's so confusing. Please clarify me. What are the backgrounds of you guys?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

whisper in San Jose, California

26 months ago

I saw a few comments regarding analytical chemistry at UCLA. Most of the comments are from quite a while back, but maybe this information will still be helpful for someone.

UCLA does not offer a class titled "Analytical Chemistry," but according to the UCLA Chemistry Department, the analytical component is covered in the Chemistry 14 series. Unfortunately, getting Chem 14 approved as analytical chemistry may be more of a hassle than you would expect. I'm speaking from experience, since it took seven months for LFS to approve my trainee license.

You can go to the Chemistry Department and ask for a letter that explains that the analytical component is covered in those classes. When applying to CLS training programs, submit a copy of this letter with your application. I also had to have the Chemistry Department send this same letter directly to LFS, and the letter had to be signed by the Chair of the department. The problem is that this letter supposedly was lost in the mail twice, and was only received by LFS when a 3rd letter was sent through Fedex overnight with a tracking number.

If you decide to go with the Chem 14 route, it is a good idea to submit your trainee license application early. Every training program will tell you that the analytical chemistry requirement is not satisfied until LFS approves the class, so it is definitely helpful to be able to give them a copy of your trainee license. During the application process I had to keep going back and forth between LFS and the training programs I applied to, but in the end everything worked out. My trainee license got approved before interviews, so I was able to give the training program a copy of my trainee license.

Also, for those who prefer to avoid possible headaches during the application process, I have heard from one of my classmates (also a UCLA grad) that the Weber State analytical chemistry class was helpful since it covers clinical chemistry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

CLSwannaBe in Bayside, New York

26 months ago

Do you need to complete all pre-reqs prior to applying for the trainee license? I have one more course to complete( Spring 2013 ) but the deadline to apply for on of my programs is in Jan of 2013. One of the admission requirements is to have your CA trainee license. Not sure if there is any way around it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

whisper in San Jose, California

26 months ago

CLSwannaBe in Bayside, New York said: Do you need to complete all pre-reqs prior to applying for the trainee license? I have one more course to complete( Spring 2013 ) but the deadline to apply for on of my programs is in Jan of 2013. One of the admission requirements is to have your CA trainee license. Not sure if there is any way around it.

Depends on the program, so check with them. Most programs will consider your application as long as you complete all the requirements by a certain deadline (usually it's a couple of months before the start of training), but some programs have specific requirements (such as providing proof of enrollment in whichever class you haven't completed). Also, usually the websites for the training programs will state whether they require that all requirements be completed by the time you submit your application.

You don't need to have your CA trainee license in order to apply to training programs, but you will need to have it when you start training. I'm not sure when it is a good time to submit the application for the trainee license if you still have requirements pending, but I imagine you could do it at the same time you submit your application for the training programs. LFS probably won't get to your trainee license application for a couple of months, and you may be done with your class by the time they process your application. You could also get in contact with the training program(s) you're applying to and ask when you should apply for the trainee license. They are usually very good about answering questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

CLSwannaBe in Bayside, New York

26 months ago

whisper in San Jose, California said: Depends on the program, so check with them. Most programs will consider your application as long as you complete all the requirements by a certain deadline (usually it's a couple of months before the start of training), but some programs have specific requirements (such as providing proof of enrollment in whichever class you haven't completed). Also, usually the websites for the training programs will state whether they require that all requirements be completed by the time you submit your application.

You don't need to have your CA trainee license in order to apply to training programs, but you will need to have it when you start training. I'm not sure when it is a good time to submit the application for the trainee license if you still have requirements pending, but I imagine you could do it at the same time you submit your application for the training programs. LFS probably won't get to your trainee license application for a couple of months, and you may be done with your class by the time they process your application. You could also get in contact with the training program(s) you're applying to and ask when you should apply for the trainee license. They are usually very good about answering questions.

Thanks a bunch Whisper for your response. I will def get in contact with the program directors of the training programs I am applying to in CA to make sure I meet the deadlines and requirements. Wish me luck! Again, I appreciate your input :)

CLSwannaB in New York, New York

25 months ago

HI there everyone!
I want to get into a CLS program in SAn Diego, CA.but i am not sure about the pre req's.I have:
Clinical Biochemistry I ad II with labs
Clinical microbiology I and II with labs
Inorganic chemitry with lab
Organic chemistry with lab
hematology with lab
Immunology with lab
Cell and Tissue Culture with lab
Histology with lab
Physics I

I do not have light and electricity physics or analytical chemistry (which I assume goes under different names in different colleges, mine does not have that listed)
Does anyone know a differnt name for analytical chemistry?
Also, what chances do I have of being accepted of I am missing these classes?
lastly, i am not a CA resident yet, Do I still qualify for these training programs?
Thank u all!

AhiTuna in California

25 months ago

CLSwannaB in New York, New York said: HI there everyone!
I want to get into a CLS program in SAn Diego, CA.but i am not sure about the pre req's.I have:
Clinical Biochemistry I ad II with labs
Clinical microbiology I and II with labs
Inorganic chemitry with lab
Organic chemistry with lab
hematology with lab
Immunology with lab
Cell and Tissue Culture with lab
Histology with lab
Physics I

I do not have light and electricity physics or analytical chemistry (which I assume goes under different names in different colleges, mine does not have that listed)
Does anyone know a differnt name for analytical chemistry?
Also, what chances do I have of being accepted of I am missing these classes?
lastly, i am not a CA resident yet, Do I still qualify for these training programs?
Thank u all!

secure.cps.ca.gov/cltreg/cls_trainee_faq.asp

To train in CA you will need a CA trainee license. You cannot get that license unless you have analytical chemistry (quantitative analysis) and physics with principles of light and electricity.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

needsomeenlightment in Pomona, California

25 months ago

For those that have taken online classes,

I am currently taking prereqs at Cal Poly Pomona, and it has been quite difficult to get into the labs. So for the upcoming quarter I decided to take online course at Weber State, as per recommended on the SFSU site. However, my hesitation to take those classes it that they will not be recognized when it came to applying for the trainee license or for a CLS program. For you that have taken online classes, what was your experience when it came to applying to programs? Did you feel you missed out and were behind from other students that took the classes with lab portions?

jolo alonzo in Canyon Country, California

24 months ago

How come you said that "They [online classes] will not be recognized when it came to applying for the trainee license"? I checked out the website and it said this [QUOTE]"In addition to the requirements for licensure as specified in Section 1263 of the Business
and Professions Code, the prerequisites for licensure as a trainee shall be as follows:
(a) Clinical Laboratory Technologist Trainee. Applicants shall have graduated from a
college or university maintaining standards equivalent, as determined by the department,
to those institutions accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges or an
essentially equivalent agency with a baccalaureate and a major in clinical laboratory
science, or a baccalaureate and courses pertinent to the clinical laboratory field as may be
determined by the department" So as long as it's WASC accredited, even if the classes are online, the should be fine, right?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

priscilla 1 in Los Angeles, California

24 months ago

jolo alonzo in Canyon Country, California said: How come you said that "They [online classes] will not be recognized when it came to applying for the trainee license"? I checked out the website and it said this [QUOTE]"In addition to the requirements for licensure as specified in Section 1263 of the Business
and Professions Code, the prerequisites for licensure as a trainee shall be as follows:
(a) Clinical Laboratory Technologist Trainee. Applicants shall have graduated from a
college or university maintaining standards equivalent, as determined by the department,
to those institutions accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges or an
essentially equivalent agency with a baccalaureate and a major in clinical laboratory
science, or a baccalaureate and courses pertinent to the clinical laboratory field as may be
determined by the department" So as long as it's WASC accredited, even if the classes are online, the should be fine, right?

Online classes are acceptable as long as they are from an approved school. SFSU has a good list of approved courses but others are okay too I would just advise you to check with LFS before if you are unsure if a particular course would receive credit. I took online courses through weber state and my trainee license was approved. You can also check with the program you are interested they may know if the course is acceptable.

24 months ago

When you say approved school, do you mean "WASC accredited". I'm planning on attending National university and then going to Dominguez hills for the internship.

priscilla 1 in Los Angeles, California

24 months ago

jolo alonzo in Canyon Country, California said: When you say approved school, do you mean "WASC accredited". I'm planning on attending National university and then going to Dominguez hills for the internship .

Hi Jolo, sorry for the delayed response. To clarify I just mean the class should be approved by LFS/CDPH. You can try emailing Grace.Byers@cdph.ca.gov to see if the class is acceptable. Also if you are planning on attending Dominguez, just wanted to give you a heads up that I spoke to the program coordinator there after I completed my requirements and just so you know even though you may have your trainee license she said that some of their classes you would still have to take there because according to her their class is more thorough. I think this was the case with the Immunolgy course. My suggestion would be to just walk in and take your transcripts to her directly as I did, since their requirements are different than most other programs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

priscilla 1 in Los Angeles, California said: Hi Jolo, sorry for the delayed response. To clarify I just mean the class should be approved by LFS/CDPH. You can try emailing Grace.Byers@cdph.ca.gov to see if the class is acceptable. Also if you are planning on attending Dominguez, just wanted to give you a heads up that I spoke to the program coordinator there after I completed my requirements and just so you know even though you may have your trainee license she said that some of their classes you would still have to take there because according to her their class is more thorough. I think this was the case with the Immunolgy course. My suggestion would be to just walk in and take your transcripts to her directly as I did, since their requirements are different than most other programs.

I have spoken with Cheryl as well. She said that I would need to retake micro, hema, and immuno. Plus, I need a phlebotomy license. I also heard that classes there are completely impacted. It's practically impossible to get a class if you don't have some sort of priority. Have you been accepted yet? My other plan is to simply go to loma linda, however. I feel that loma linda should be my last resort. I wonder if I can beg my employer to train me since I work for Quest Diagnostics in Valencia, and find a different site for blood banking. Also, do you mind if I ask further questions? My e-mail is jolo_alonzo@yahoo.com

whisper in California

21 months ago

needsomeenlightment in Pomona, California said: For those that have taken online classes,

I am currently taking prereqs at Cal Poly Pomona, and it has been quite difficult to get into the labs. So for the upcoming quarter I decided to take online course at Weber State, as per recommended on the SFSU site. However, my hesitation to take those classes it that they will not be recognized when it came to applying for the trainee license or for a CLS program. For you that have taken online classes, what was your experience when it came to applying to programs? Did you feel you missed out and were behind from other students that took the classes with lab portions?

Weber State online classes are accepted by LFS for the trainee license, and they are also accepted by CLS programs. The state does not require a lab portion. However, some schools will give preference to students who have lab experience. If you don't have lab experience from work, volunteering, or other similar classes in school, you might be falling behind other applicants during the application process.

As far as missing out... I took all my classes in person, but was unable to enroll in the lab portion. I had lab experience from research classes and work, though, so I didn't feel like I was at a disadvantage. I definitely understand the enrollment problem since I was in the same boat, but if you are concerned about not having the lab background, try to find a job or volunteer somewhere that will give you lab experience. You could try to find a job as a lab assistant in a hospital lab, reference lab or biotech company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Chani in Round Lake, Illinois

20 months ago

task in Sunnyvale, California said: i got clinical chemist scientist trainee licence from lfs-cdph,california.i need to do 1 year internship in any public laboratories.I am able to see UCSF,SJSU,Quest diagnostics offering Clinical Chemist Scientist training .But when I contacted UCSF they said it is a little program, they are not offering training until 2011 September & when I contacted SJSU they said they suspended the Program & I also contacted Berkeley Heart lab , inc.they also said they discountinued the program.Quest diagnostics,they are not lifting the phone.Could any one please provide me some approved labs for Clinical chemist scientist trainining.I am really looking for help.I am in confusion.I don't know whom i need to contact.

Hey I don't know if you are still looking for a training program for Clinical chemist ifyou do then Esoterix Laboratory at Calabasas - (Lab Corp) started a CCS program. Might be related to your lisence. Jest check that out. They started this year 2013. ... again I don't know if this is what you are looking for but the program is called CCS .. :) good luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

CLS Student in San Mateo, California

19 months ago

MLStudent in Elk Grove, California said: Does anyone from California know if two semesters of General Chemistry with labs satisfy the Quantitative Analysis prerequisite? Also would an internship at a clinical laboratory in a Primate Research Center be a good experience to have for someone applying to CLS training programs? I am thinking of applying to this internship. I'm a senior at UC Davis majoring in Biology and I am looking to apply to training programs as soon as I graduate in mid-June next year.

I'm currently a CLS student at SF State and I hope I can answer some questions for you all. In response to your question, yes, that is sufficient experience. There were some students (a few) this year who were accepted with no prior lab experience so you're in good shape. As far as chemistry goes, I took Chem ABC at UCD as well but I had to take an additional chemistry class (either Analytical Chem or Quantitative Analysis). You should call the school you're applying to make sure though. Hope that helps!

19 months ago

CLSwannaBe in Bayside, New York said: Do you need to complete all pre-reqs prior to applying for the trainee license? I have one more course to complete( Spring 2013 ) but the deadline to apply for on of my programs is in Jan of 2013. One of the admission requirements is to have your CA trainee license. Not sure if there is any way around it.

They recommend that you finish all of your prereqs before you apply to the program because other students who have finished all of their requirements will have priority over you. I applied before I finished my prereqs and got rejected, but got accepted immediately when I applied after my prereqs had all been completed. Hope that helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

needsomeenlightment in Pomona, California said: For those that have taken online classes,

I took Medical Microbiology and Hematology at Weber State and didn't feel like I missed out on any crucial lab experience. My background is in Micro so maybe that's why I didn't feel that I was at any disadvantage. Honestly though when you're in the program, everyone is at square one. Although many students have lab experience, the majority don't have experience in the specific CLS lab courses. That being said, it's a pretty level playing field and all of us students learn together as we go.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Alissa in Elk Grove, California

19 months ago

Can anyone give me any idea? I really appreciate. I have a BS degree in Biochem, and without job, I am thinking about taking a CLS license. But 2 classes (Medical microbiology and Hematology) at CSU Sacramento are closed every semester; no chance to get in. Does anyone know any where in Sacramento (or close to Sacramento so that I can drive) I can take those 2 classes? thanks a lot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Pinto in Union City, California

19 months ago

Hi! I am a community college student that will be applying to UC Davis as a Microbiology major this year. I plan to apply to CLS schools in northern CA specifically SFSU after receiving my BS in Microbiology. I have taken the lower division chem (2ABC), bio, and stats at chabot college and this year i will be taking the ochem, physics, and calc series. I was wondering what prerequisite classes i need take at UC Davis along with classes outside of Davis that will help me get into the CLS program at SFSU. Any additional advise/info will help tremendously! Especially from UC Davis student!Thanks!!!

Loukia Hadjiyianni in Napa, California

18 months ago

Hi, so I've completed all the prerequisites and requirements for a CLS trainee license. However, the application only allows you to enter two colleges, but throughout my educational career I've attended more than 3 colleges. Do I send in all my transcripts, even though I can only type in information for two colleges? Or do they only want information from the last two colleges? I know this is an obscure question, but I don't want to mess up the application and have to wait three months to start another one.

schust49 in San Francisco, California

15 months ago

Hello I am very interested in getting my CLS though im slightly confused on the proper order of steps that need to be taken. I went to Michigan State University, I graduted in 4.5 years with Honors degrees in microbiology and phyisology and a regular degree in criminal jsutice back in december of 2011. I have applied for the Clinical Laboratory Scientist Trainee license, which to my understanding is needed before the one year internship. What is the next step, do I apply to a university program that is approved for CLS training? If anyone can assist that would be amazing!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

whisper in California

15 months ago

Loukia Hadjiyianni in Napa, California said: Hi, so I've completed all the prerequisites and requirements for a CLS trainee license. However, the application only allows you to enter two colleges, but throughout my educational career I've attended more than 3 colleges. Do I send in all my transcripts, even though I can only type in information for two colleges? Or do they only want information from the last two colleges? I know this is an obscure question, but I don't want to mess up the application and have to wait three months to start another one.

Late answer, but just in case anyone else has the same question... I think LFS only cares about transcripts that show 1) your bachelor's degree, and 2) reequired classes (hematology, medical micro, physics, etc.)

whisper in California

15 months ago

schust49 in San Francisco, California said: Hello I am very interested in getting my CLS though im slightly confused on the proper order of steps that need to be taken. I went to Michigan State University, I graduted in 4.5 years with Honors degrees in microbiology and phyisology and a regular degree in criminal jsutice back in december of 2011. I have applied for the Clinical Laboratory Scientist Trainee license, which to my understanding is needed before the one year internship. What is the next step, do I apply to a university program that is approved for CLS training? If anyone can assist that would be amazing!

Yes. Most people just apply for both (trainee license and programs) at the same time. You don't need to have your trainee license at the time you send applications to programs. You just need to have it before the start of the program. The trainee licenses take a long time to get approved, but once the CLS programs have a list of which applicants they have accepted, they let LFS know to make sure the trainee licenses for these applicants are issued in time for the start of the program. You should be fine as long as you have completed all the required classes.

Unfortunately if you apply for the trainee license too early, you may need to renew your license more than once, but renewing is much easier than applying for a new license. You just send them a check, and LFS lets you know months ahead of time that it's time to renew. Doesn't cost that much either. I think it's $23 or something like that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

CLS_248 in San Jose, California

15 months ago

Loukia Hadjiyianni in Napa, California said: Hi, so I've completed all the prerequisites and requirements for a CLS trainee license. However, the application only allows you to enter two colleges, but throughout my educational career I've attended more than 3 colleges. Do I send in all my transcripts, even though I can only type in information for two colleges? Or do they only want information from the last two colleges? I know this is an obscure question, but I don't want to mess up the application and have to wait three months to start another one.

Do not apply for a training license until you've been approved for a program. Those things expire. There is no point in obtaining a trainee license from LFS if you aren't in a program unless you like throwing money in the trash to get dead paper weight. When you get into a program, your trainee application gets fast tracked and you will get your license before the start of your training.

As far as entering the colleges for the transcript portion, I attached an addendum listing all the additional colleges I went to and including the same info they wanted for the first 2 colleges. I went to 5 different colleges and had to send in all 5 transcripts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Surfs^UP in San Diego, California

12 months ago

whisper in California said: Yes. Most people just apply for both (trainee license and programs) at the same time. You don't need to have your trainee license at the time you send applications to programs. You just need to have it before the start of the program. The trainee licenses take a long time to get approved, but once the CLS programs have a list of which applicants they have accepted, they let LFS know to make sure the trainee licenses for these applicants are issued in time for the start of the program. You should be fine as long as you have completed all the required classes.

Unfortunately if you apply for the trainee license too early, you may need to renew your license more than once, but renewing is much easier than applying for a new license. You just send them a check, and LFS lets you know months ahead of time that it's time to renew. Doesn't cost that much either. I think it's $23 or something like that.

Hey Whisper and CLS_248
I'm on the path to applying for an internship but first I need a degree in some science, yet I'm not clear as to what is accepted by CA LFS, So from reading this entire forum topic, you said that CA LFS will accept all online coursework from Weber State such as Hematology, Adv. Med Micro, thus Immunology and Adv. Clinical Chem should also be accepted. Physics is honestly what I am not clear on, there is algebra based with Light and Electricity and Concept based Physics with Light and Electricity. Will any of them work? Or just the algebra based one? Also, I am looking into doing Weber State Online BS program, It's NACCLS, it's one of the First online programs that are reputable, All the CSU and UC schools accept their coursework. For their online program you have to be an ASCP MLT with one year experience prior to acceptance.. Once you complete the program you will have the absolute option to taking the ASCP exam, BUT!!! Only allowed to take the U.S. Certification and and NOT CA.

Surfs^UP in San Diego, California

12 months ago

Followed by this: I would then have to apply for an internship ...get in... finish it...and then CA would verify my education ROUTE 1 and issue my license without having to retake the ASCP for CA License. The absolute only reason why I know this is because a CLS student "Now a CLS" I met while at work during her rotation already had her degree in MLS/CLS from another state with only six months experience..... She had troubles with CA not issuing her LIC due to LACK of CLINICAL INTERNSHIP HOURS 1 YEAR!!!!! she had to take the 1 year rotation/training internship. Also she needed to take physics class to qualify for trainee lic. So my plan is similar but I will be doing this here in CA.

whisper in California

12 months ago

Surfs^UP, I think either physics class should work as long as it satisfies the number of units LFS is asking for.

I'm a little confused by the rest of your post, though. Are you trying to do the MLT to MLS/CLS route? Also, are you saying that the BS from Weber State requires MLT(ASCP) certification? If you are already in CA, I think your best bet is to go directly go a CLS program (forget the MLT route).

surfs^UP in San Diego, California

12 months ago

whisper in California said: Surfs^UP, I think either physics class should work as long as it satisfies the number of units LFS is asking for.

I'm a little confused by the rest of your post, though. Are you trying to do the MLT to MLS/CLS route? Also, are you saying that the BS from Weber State requires MLT(ASCP) certification? If you are already in CA, I think your best bet is to go directly go a CLS program (forget the MLT route).

Hey whisper,
I'm sorry to confuse you...I am an mlt and trying to get my CLS.. the BS from Weber requires that you have an mlt license and naccls/ ASCP certification. I think I will take the concepts course for physics.... also.. I took a class that is 5 semester units that has organic and biochem together .. Will this suffice for the biochem portion? I have total of 24 semester units in chemistry. My biggest thing is for ca to accept the degree. I know I need one year internship. Thanks again for the prompt reply

whisper in California

12 months ago

Are you planning to do the 1yr internship regardless? CA has a couple of programs that will offer bachelor's + 1yr internship as a 2yr program (Loma Linda and Cal State Dominguez Hills). That may be faster than what you are trying to do right now.

As far as specific requirements for classes, I don't remember all the requirements but as long as your class has the word "biochemistry" in your transcript and fulfills the number of units, you should be fine.

12 months ago

whisper in California said: Are you planning to do the 1yr internship regardless? CA has a couple of programs that will offer bachelor's + 1yr internship as a 2yr program (Loma Linda and Cal State Dominguez Hills). That may be faster than what you are trying to do right now.

As far as specific requirements for classes, I don't remember all the requirements but as long as your class has the word "biochemistry" in your transcript and fulfills the number of units, you should be fine.

I'm actually 2 classes away from b.s. from WeberState. I am just trying to get the last classes in order to qualify for internship. Physics and biochem

whisper in California

12 months ago

I see. In that case it looks like you're on the right track. I think LFS will accept any class with the correct keywords so you should be good.

12 months ago

whisper in California said: I see. In that case it looks like you're on the right track. I think LFS will accept any class with the correct keywords so you should be good.

Hey whisper
Is the biochem class 3 4 or 5 unit class? Here is the class description of the class I took.

CHEM 110.
Elementary Organic and Biological Chemistry 4 units
Grade only
Prerequisite: CHEM 100, 170, or 200, or equivalent Recommended Preparation: RDG 56 or the equivalent skill level as determined by the Southwestern College Reading Assessment or equivalent Lecture 3 hours, laboratory 3 hours Ofered: Fall, Spring
Introduction to organic and biological chemistry. Designed to fulfll the chemistry requirements for majors in nursing, home economics, consumer science, and hazardous materials. [D; CSU; UC]

whisper in California

12 months ago

I'm not sure how many units LFS requires, but it's posted on their website. If I had to guess, I'd say something like 3 semester units, but check to be sure.

Loukia Hadjiyianni in Napa, California

11 months ago

I took the Weber Hematology course and absolutely loved it! The professor, Dan McEntire, is a Medical student and was really understanding. But he was also an excellent teacher. I learned what was important to know. He quickly responded to questions and really put a lot of effort into making the class great. It was super easy to register too. I have a lot of respect for Weber University, I attended a UC school and Weber was so much more organized, efficient, and actually bothered to return phone calls. All you do is a quick application that is on the student tab once you log in (takes like no time), make sure to put you are nondegree seeking. You'll probably get approved within a day. Then just go to the Hematology class and register (make sure you take the CLS/MT course). I had no idea which one to take at first so I called Weber, and they got back to me that day telling me which class I needed. The course you are talking about sounds right, you just need your general Biology prerequisites and you should be good to go.

CLS 2 be in Berkeley, California said: Questions for those of you taking online hematology class at Weber State University: how did you get registered into the course?

I am considering the online course at Weber State University too. But I'm quite confused after reading their course description. First it says the course is for "individuals holding BS/BA degrees in non-medical laboratory science and wish to obtain current education in hematology and hemostasis specific to the modern hospital laboratory"; then the prerequisite indicates "for medical laboratory personnel". And I even contacted someone from the MLS dept. and she says it has to be someone working in medical laboratory right now.
It's so confusing. Please clarify me. What are the backgrounds of you guys?

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.