CLS48 how much do MLT get around your area?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

ifwishwerehorses in Lake Grove, New York

58 months ago

There's a chance i will only wind up with a techie degree...I am curious if you know how much MLT's get paid around your area....thanks again!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CLS48 in California

58 months ago

You might as well go for the MT. There are no certified MLTs in CA at this time. There are just CLSs and lab assistants. At hospitals the lab assistants (mostly phlebotomists) just draw blood or process/receive the specimens in the lab. Lab assistants at reference labs do some work on the instruments, but don't release results.

Either way they make between $13 to $18 an hour depending on experience. If you're just an MLT, it is not worth it to come to CA. You probably would have more respect as an MLT(ASCP) in other states from what I've seen on this forum.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ifwishwerehorses in Lake Grove, New York

58 months ago

CLS48 in California said: You might as well go for the MT. There are no certified MLTs in CA at this time. There are just CLSs and lab assistants. At hospitals the lab assistants (mostly phlebotomists) just draw blood or process/receive the specimens in the lab. Lab assistants at reference labs do some work on the instruments, but don't release results.

Either way they make between $13 to $18 an hour depending on experience. If you're just an MLT, it is not worth it to come to CA. You probably would have more respect as an MLT(ASCP) in other states from what I've seen on this forum.

thanks cls48. but according to the LFS sites, they do have standards for techies...do u mean...u don't know any techies?(as in mlt)

then again, why is there a difference in phelb and mlt?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

CLS48 in California

58 months ago

They just implemented MLTs 2 years ago in CA. However, no hospitals or labs are hiring them yet. Perhaps in the future, like 5 to 10 years down the road, they will be more prevalent but at this point they are not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.