MLS employment in Philadelphia

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Brit12 in Woodlyn, Pennsylvania

30 months ago

Hi,

Does anyone work in the Philadelphia area ? What is the job climate like in philly for medical technologists?

I have a bachelors degree and recently became ascp certified as a mls. During my job search I have applied to several job posting, but I haven't received an interview so far. I know there are alot of medical technology programs in pa so employers have a large pool of candidates to select from. I am debating whether to keep looking for employment in philly or relocating to my home state of North Carolina.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

nj biodude in Bridgewater, New Jersey

30 months ago

Brit12 in Woodlyn, Pennsylvania said: Hi,

Does anyone work in the Philadelphia area ? What is the job climate like in philly for medical technologists?

I have a bachelors degree and recently became ascp certified as a mls. During my job search I have applied to several job posting, but I haven't received an interview so far. I know there are alot of medical technology programs in pa so employers have a large pool of candidates to select from. I am debating whether to keep looking for employment in philly or relocating to my home state of North Carolina.

Philadelphia and Raleigh both have an average MLS salary of ~60k, but obviously NC is cheaper. Make sure to contact the hospitals you interned with and all local hospitals in the area, before you do anything. I've read PA is notorious for overhiring MLTs but not sure personally. You may also want to call up hospitals and ask salary levels directly to determine this for yourself.

ifwisheswerehorses in Centereach, New York

30 months ago

I'm moving to Raleigh then! 60k per year and 100-150k mansions there, that's sweet. Although there's nothing to do around there really.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.