MLT Certificate

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

Sarah in Riverview, Florida

51 months ago

Anyone know of any place in or near Tampa, FL (even as far as Lakeland, St. Pete, Clearwater) willing to hire a MLT with a certificate? I'm currently licensed by the State of Florida. My training was 14 months and I did have a thorough clinical rotation through all of the hospital departments. I'm also currently working on obtaining my Associate's Degree, but it's going to take time. I would like to work while I'm in school, but have had no luck looking in this area. Please don't berate me MT's(for not having a Bachelor's degree, etc.)!!!! I'm asking a legitimate question and would only like courteous answers. I'm working on obtaining my degrees, but it takes time! You can't do it overnight.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Todd MT (ASCP) in Dallas, Texas

51 months ago

Let me ask you this sarah, how are you classified a MLT WITHOUT A ASSCOCIATE DEGREE?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sarah in Riverview, Florida

51 months ago

I went to a technical center for a 14 month course and afterward took the AMT. Once I passed the AMT, I was able to obtain my Florida license. You can take the AMT with a certificate from an accredited technical course.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Todd MT (ASCP) in Dallas, Texas

51 months ago

So the AMT let you take their exam after a 14 months course? This is soo pathetic, I see why the AMT has no standards.

You dont even have your associate degree yet!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ARMY TECH in Dallas, Texas

46 months ago

@Todd

All of the techs in the military forces are certificate trained. Only at your own will do you get an associate's degree. Most of us do because it means promotion points which lead to higher pay but it's not a requirement. I know many colleagues who work in Dallas with just a certificate in lab science from either the army or air force.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Also, ASCP has a section stating that a military training program is sufficient enough to take the MLT(ASCP). All the soldiers at my last duty station passed the ASCP exam which was fully paid for by Uncle Sam.

Not to mention, we always passed CAP with zero deficiencies. To me we were taught the courses which are needed to perform the job not that fluff junk universities like to charge for tuition.

When I got out of the military I found a university with a teaching hospital that gave me credit for the junior level MT courses and the intership.

Oh, and they gave me credit for Gen Chem I, Organic I and Biochemistry. I just had to finish Gen Ed, Gen Chem II and Organic II.

Universities, in my opinion, are out for the money.

46 months ago

I forgot to mention that I didn't get away without taking the senior level MT courses. I would've chose to take those anyway.

Sejal in Little Rock, Arkansas

41 months ago

Sarah in Riverview, Florida said: I went to a technical center for a 14 month course and afterward took the AMT. Once I passed the AMT, I was able to obtain my Florida license. You can take the AMT with a certificate from an accredited technical course.

Hi Sarah

I have cleared the examination and wanted to get State of Florida License. COuld you please guide me how to get it?

Thanks
Sejal

bren99@ymail.com in Palm Bay, Florida

39 months ago

Sarah in Riverview, Florida said: Anyone know of any place in or near Tampa, FL (even as far as Lakeland, St. Pete, Clearwater) willing to hire a MLT with a certificate? I'm currently licensed by the State of Florida. My training was 14 months and I did have a thorough clinical rotation through all of the hospital departments. I'm also currently working on obtaining my Associate's Degree, but it's going to take time. I would like to work while I'm in school, but have had no luck looking in this area. Please don't berate me MT's(for not having a Bachelor's degree, etc.)!!!! I'm asking a legitimate question and would only like courteous answers. I'm working on obtaining my degrees, but it takes time! You can't do it overnight.

Hi Sarah. Check out quest I read on here that there is a program sort of like this. Ask for at lest 23.00 an hour. I would like to know what experience u have had looking for a job in the tampa area as I am be going either there,NC or TX. Thank u. u can email me at bren9950@yahoo.com.

spr in Inverness, Florida

39 months ago

Todd MT (ASCP) in Dallas, Texas said: So the AMT let you take their exam after a 14 months course? This is soo pathetic, I see why the AMT has no standards.

You dont even have your associate degree yet!!

Hey Todd...I am an MLT (ASCP). I was trained in the US Navy. Our program was only 12 months long and I dont have an AA degree yet the ASCP still thought I was worthy of their certification! Stop being so jealous because you paid so much for your little bachelors degree AND my training. I run circles around you bitter MTs all day with my pathetic training.

Meli in Clermont, Florida

32 months ago

How is training at the hospital when you first start working?

spamito1987 in Key West, Florida

27 months ago

Hello,

I am an Air Force trained MLT, I got out of the military after 4 years and took my ASCP and passed it. I am now trying to get my florida state license and they say the only thing I am missing is "proof of completion of board or NAACLS accredited training program. I thought our military training covered this...I mailed them my transcripts but maybe they lost them? Maybe our training is not accredited? Please help!!!

Keishia in Lompoc, California

24 months ago

spamito1987 in Key West, Florida said: Hello,

I am an Air Force trained MLT, I got out of the military after 4 years and took my ASCP and passed it. I am now trying to get my florida state license and they say the only thing I am missing is "proof of completion of board or NAACLS accredited training program. I thought our military training covered this...I mailed them my transcripts but maybe they lost them? Maybe our training is not accredited? Please help!!!

Did you have an associate's or semester hours when you applied to take the exam? I'm a reservist & I'm trying to take the exam but they keep telling me that I need those 2 along with the certification of completion from phase 1 & 2 in order to apply. How did you do it?

Spamito1987 in Key West, Florida

24 months ago

I did not have any schooling other than air force. What I did was went on cycad website and located my transcripts by SSN and sent them to the ASCP. Once you are approved and pass your ASCP you can get your state licensure. I had to resubmit my transcripts from CCAF and my 2 certificates from phase one and two because they say how many hours you've completed on the bottom and I think you need 1500 training hours or so- mine ended up being more so it worked out. I cannot remember all of the dOcuments you need but you can figure that out just by going on the sites. Let me know if you have anymore questions

Spamito1987 in Key West, Florida

24 months ago

Spamito1987 in Key West, Florida said: I did not have any schooling other than air force. What I did was went on cycad website and located my transcripts by SSN and sent them to the ASCP. Once you are approved and pass your ASCP you can get your state licensure. I had to resubmit my transcripts from CCAF and my 2 certificates from phase one and two because they say how many hours you've completed on the bottom and I think you need 1500 training hours or so- mine ended up being more so it worked out. I cannot remember all of the dOcuments you need but you can figure that out just by going on the sites. Let me know if you have anymore questions

CCAF website*****

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.