Medical Lab Technologist in Toronto, Ontario

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Mazu in Toronto, Ontario

54 months ago

I'm planning to become a medical lab technologist and I was wondering if it is difficult for new graduates to get jobs. Are there still jobs in the GTA in this field. I completed the lab technician program at Centennial this year and I'm finding it difficult to get a job with only my placement experience (6 weeks). Is the job outlook better for technologists or is it similar to technicians.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

anonnnmoyus in Brooklyn, New York

54 months ago

Mazu in Toronto, Ontario said: I'm planning to become a medical lab technologist and I was wondering if it is difficult for new graduates to get jobs. Are there still jobs in the GTA in this field. I completed the lab technician program at Centennial this year and I'm finding it difficult to get a job with only my placement experience (6 weeks). Is the job outlook better for technologists or is it similar to technicians.

Not sure about Canada, but in the US, states without licensure have better job prospects for MLT(although they prefer ASCP certified MTs), while states with licensure have better job prospects for MT.

Bryana Butler in Los Angeles, California

54 months ago

I don't think that the opportunities would vary much from place to place for medical lab technologists. You should look for some openings in the nearby hospitals as they are the major employer of medical laboratory workers. You can also find some places in medical and diagnostic laboratories, offices of physicians, and all other ambulatory health care services.

cathtech55 in OTTAWA, Ontario

50 months ago

I am amedical lab technologist planning to move to alberta looking for a job any advice?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.