Medical technologists in california?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

Jolo in Canyon Country, California

34 months ago

Hi everyone, I am a bit confused about what I've read here. It seems that your school has to be accredited to be eligible to sit for the ASCP test, right?

However, if you join a 4+1 program. Does the school where you got the baccalaureate from have to be NAACLS accredited? From what I understand, it doesn't matter where you get your bachelor's from as long as it's transferable to a school with a post-baccalaureate internship program for CLS, you'll be able sit for the ASCP after completion of that one year internship. Is this correct?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

anonnnmoyus in Brooklyn, New York

34 months ago

Jolo in Canyon Country, California said: Hi everyone, I am a bit confused about what I've read here. It seems that your school has to be accredited to be eligible to sit for the ASCP test, right?

However, if you join a 4+1 program. Does the school where you got the baccalaureate from have to be NAACLS accredited? From what I understand, it doesn't matter where you get your bachelor's from as long as it's transferable to a school with a post-baccalaureate internship program for CLS, you'll be able sit for the ASCP after completion of that one year internship. Is this correct?

As long as that +1 program is accredited, then where you get your bachelor's doesn't have to be.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

anonnnmoyus in Brooklyn, New York said: As long as that +1 program is accredited, then where you get your bachelor's doesn't have to be.

Thank you so much, that cleared up so much confusion. I thought the same, but some comments in this site were stating things like " I have to repeat everything since my school wasn't NAACLS accredited".

34 months ago

anonnnmoyus in Brooklyn, New York said: As long as that +1 program is accredited, then where you get your bachelor's doesn't have to be.

I'm thinking of getting my degree from national university then transferring to a +1 program, that's okay, right?

34 months ago

Jolo in Canyon Country, California said: Thank you so much, that cleared up so much confusion. I thought the same, but some comments in this site were stating things like " I have to repeat everything since my school wasn't NAACLS accredited".

Some schools offer medical technology programs without the NAACLS certification. Some states accept that. However, California requires you to finish a program with NAACLS certification, either from a 4 year program or the 1 year post bac program)

34 months ago

Jolo in Canyon Country, California said: I'm thinking of getting my degree from national university then transferring to a +1 program, that's okay, right?

Yes, as long as your 4 year school is accepted by California as a "Western States accredited college" etc.(Hence, not trade schools like Devry, etc.) You should be good as long as you finish the one year NAACLS program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

CLS48 in California

34 months ago

However, if your degree is not in CLS, then it does matter what classes you've taken. They require a certain number of units in Physics and Chemistry. The exact requirements are in another thread I made.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

CLS48 in California

34 months ago

Also, getting a degree from National University may make it difficult to get into a 1 year internship program in CA as it is very competitive.

jolo in West Sacramento, California

34 months ago

but i work in quest diagnostics... they say that you have privilage in the.positioning for dominguez hills

CLS48 in California

34 months ago

For Cal St. Dominguez Hills, you have to be accepted to their undergrad first, and take prereqs there for 1 to 2 years. They will not accept all prereqs from another undergrad. Then you can apply for their internship part, which requires an interview and only Dominguez Hills students can apply. Being a lab assistant somewhere might help out, but you're looking at 2 to 3 years to finish. It seems to me you need to research your options to get a CLS more.

34 months ago

CLS48 in California said: For Cal St. Dominguez Hills, you have to be accepted to their undergrad first, and take prereqs there for 1 to 2 years. They will not accept all prereqs from another undergrad. Then you can apply for their internship part, which requires an interview and only Dominguez Hills students can apply. Being a lab assistant somewhere might help out, but you're looking at 2 to 3 years to finish. It seems to me you need to research your options to get a CLS more.

I've been researching for a very long time. I just need to go down there to Dominguez hills to talk to cheryl jackson. So I actually didn't know that you have to take 1-2 years of pre requisites in Dominguez to apply for their internship, thanks for that. I guess I was assuming that I would only need to take 1-3 classes after I finish the CLS degree in national university before i'd be eligible to apply for the intenship considering that the degree is already CLS. Hey CLS48, I was wondering if I could reach you as I have a couple questions (if you don't mind). Send me an empty message or something just so i can have your e-mail. Mine is jolo_alonzo@yahoo.com

Thanks so much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

CLS48 in California

34 months ago

I am not sure if CA will recognize a CLS degree from national university. You should verify that before you spend your money doing it. You can email me at clshemat@yahoo.com if you have any questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Melbourne, Florida

22 months ago

I also attend NU, and I was wondering how I'd go about getting into a 1 year lab program that's NAACLS accredited in Florida?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.