Preparing to take ASCP MT exam in three weeks time

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2201 to 2250 of 3148)
Page:  « First « Previous   42  43  44  45  46  47  48  Next »   Last »

happychick2525 in Weirton, West Virginia

34 months ago

how does light affect results??? I don't know!!! and temperature for pt/ptt? OMG!I'm in trouble!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

badgerfan in Madison, Wisconsin

34 months ago

oh and the only things you should focus on in immunology is ANA and testing for certain organisms such as Lyme disease and syphilis. I also had some questions about hepatitis regarding what would indicate a current acute infection vs. a chronic infection. Hope this helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Vanessa711 in Chico, California

34 months ago

Hanna G. in Gainesville, Florida said: don't worry much. that 70% is a good sign. you need at least 40% to pass the ASCP. I say you are good to go. The trick is to not panic. I posted some trick you can do to pass this exam. I'll try and post it again for you.

Hi Hanna,

I will be taking my ASCP exam in just a few days, I have been studying for a few weeks now and I have been doing LABCE as well, at least one practice exam a day. I found that when I do the ASCP MT practice exam I am scoring in the high 70's but when I do the Adaptive mode of the exam I score in the high 50's with a difficulty level of 6.4. Since you have already taken the exam, how did you feel about it with comparison to LABCE? At this point I am using LABCE as my main source of studying... And I know you mentioned that once you're in the 70s you're good to go, but how did you feel in regards to the questions you were getting in LABCE versus the ASCP?

Also I've been having a hard time with Blood Bank in regards to indiscrepancies and HDFN, what would you recommend?

Of course, I am super nervous, but is there any other advice you can give me? I only used the BOC review book while I was doing my schooling not so much in the past few weeks that I've been studying.

The review material that I have are the following: LABCE, BOC 5th ed., Harr, Clinical Laboratory Science: a bottom line approach, and SUCCESS by CIULLA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

Well, today was the big day.....................I PASSED! Trust me, I never in a million years I thought I would pass on my first try! I am truly stunned. I'll tell you, I did not use much of Harr, I opened that book may be 4 times. But it does seem to parallel the degree of difficulty of the boards. I don't own the BOC (BOR) but friends do have it and have all said it wasn't any good for studying. I just studied until I understood things. I did some LabCe- it is sooooooooo much easier than the board exam- Someone once said on here that you can't even study for this test. I don't agree. You for sure must know the reactions for bacteria.. It's straight forward, just like all the books.. Just know it! Blood bank-know it. Understand how the antigens/antibodies work and how to read forward and reverse and what the discrepancies are (without a doubt you will get questions on those. Chemistry, well, ummm have no idea how I even one of those questions correct-educated guess, may be??- I personally would focus on the body systems and how they work and what sort of problems can happen when something is wrong. Seems like most of those questions were, this and this is wrong, what would be affected or what would you test next, or if this hormone is increased, what will happen to these other hormones.. You really need to understand the body and what chemistry goes with it. I had several serology questions about the the tests and how they work, really understand the tests and also what immune disease are tested with what... I definitely had quite a few chemistry calculations. My advice is know how to put all of this stuff together and understand how the testing works and what tests you'd use.. It's more of a matter of being able to work through the exam rather than recalling information the way they make you in school... Good luck everyone and THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

happychick2525 in Weirton, West Virginia said: Well, today was the big day.....................I PASSED!

I am so happy for you I've been following your posts for a while because I have feeling just like you. Can I ask what you used to study that you found to be the most helpful?

Also did you see that you had a greater portion of certain type of questions in a certain area?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

The only "study" guide I used was Quick Review Q & A for clinical Laboratory science examination by Valerie Dietz Polansky.. I liked it because it kind of starts from the beginning of each subject and works it's way through the way I was taught. And since it's been since 2009 that I've had any actual classes for MT(actually I got an MLT degree first THEN went and did all of my prereque's last) so it's been a long time since I've had to study any of this except at my MT clinicals... I did it all backwards so I really had to catch up.. ALOT. And that book helped a ton. Then I also just used Wikipedia to further explain things in more detail. I used the internet ALOT!! I did not answer questions in any of the books (hardly) or use LabCe (hardly).. If I don't know how to take a test by now, those books won't help. But if you do not know how to 'DEDUCT" answers, Harr is a good book to help you learn or get used to it.. My best advice again is just to make sure you understand the systems of the body and what tests go with what and what to expect if something is low or high. Understand how the tests work. Know micro and blood bank and how blood bank antigens/antibodies work with the tests.. I mean really understand it because there were a ton of questions that I did not KNOW the answers to but because I understand how the tests work, I could DEDUCT wrong answers.... I would say that my test followed pretty close to what they say you will be asked.. but, I also put EVERY question up for review.. is that a good idea? I don't know.. Also, at the end when I started to review, I realized that I was changing a lot of questions.. After the third question (probably out of the first 8 questions) I said to myself... "just stop!!!!" and so I ended the test without changing any more answers.. If I hadn't done that and changed more answers, I could have failed! So, for me, thank goodness I did NOT change any more answers.... I really hope this helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

I think LabCe's questions are very direct and way too easy... Nothing like the test, except good for micro and blood bank.. Because those are more direct answers.. So if you can set it just to do micro and bb, that may be a good help.. However, I also noticed that for micro, it is way more parasites than actual bacterial testing.. so be careful. Don't depend on that for micro.. But it could help...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

Jennifer Colenni in New York, New York said: I used the labce practice quizzes every day and it was the strongest study tool for me. I saw so many of the same exact questions on my practice tests as I did on the actual MLS exam. I scored a 620. I highly suggest using the practice tests there regularly. If you find that you consistently score low in one area, then focus on the review books to freshen up on those areas. I also like the Success complete review book by Ciulla.

Hi Jennifer,

I seen that you were also using LABCE to practice for your MLS Exam and I was wondering what tests you were taking the ASCP MT Practice Exams or Exams on the Adaptive mode?

Thank you for the feedback.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

Hliu in Fremont, California said: 2. The study material I used mainly are: my program notes, Labce, the GREEN BOR book 5th edition, Polansky note card, Ciuella, and Robert Harr. The test format is really similar to Labce as to "how" the questions are asked sometime. I would say most coagulation problem I encountered were similar to the questions from Labce practice exam. The Green BOR for me is essentially a check on my knowledge after I study from my lecture notes so it helps to solidify your knowledge, but I wouldn't expect board questions to be similar like the ones in BOR. I think Robert Harr is good because at the end of each section there is a critical thinking part which I think is very helpful in preparing you to answer the type of questions you would see on the board exam (at least for me). Lastly, the Polansky card is also good for getting down the main key points in each subject and I wasn't able to finish Ciuella so I can't form an opinion on its usefulness

3. After looking back at the exam, I think the really important thing is to have a clear and focused mind on the day of the exam. Cramming would not work as I mentioned most of the questions were situation based and you really have to use the knowledge that you studied to pick the best choice on every question. Yes, I did have some "recall" questions but it was no more than 5 questions for a total of 100 questions.

These are just some of my opinions and experiences that I had for the MLS ASCP board. I just hope some of these information may help someone as the information posted on this forum have helped me. Good luck to you all

When you say that you got "recall" questions do you mean the same question again? I don't know but if I was to see this in the test I would doubt myself and think that my answer on the previous question asking the same thing was wrong?

Hliu in Fremont, California

34 months ago

Vanessa711 in Chico, California said: When you say that you got "recall" questions do you mean the same question again? I don't know but if I was to see this in the test I would doubt myself and think that my answer on the previous question asking the same thing was wrong?

No I meant questions like how many flagellas you would see in giardia. You may see questions that seems to ask you about similar content but I would read the questions carefully and always put the answer that you think is the best answer

34 months ago

I got a few questions regarding giardia and trichomonas and other parasites... asking how they move, by and undulating membrane and the other by flagellas...

34 months ago

After so many hours of studying I PASSED my ASCP exam today, thank you for all of your advice and encouraging words!

Mary in Cairo, Georgia

34 months ago

Congratulations! I have been studying and studying. I go take my exam in two days any advice.

CLSchica in Hayward, California

34 months ago

CONGRATS VANESSA! I knew you could do it! :) My advice to you Mary is to try to relax and be stress free the day before your exam. Try NOT to study if you feel that you can't possible learn anything else and just focus on getting your things ready to go for the next day.

As far as the test goes, take your time. The first 20 questions will be medium level to figure out what your strengths and weaknesses are, then it will start "adapting" towards you and get harder!!!!

Mary in Cairo, Georgia

34 months ago

I PASSED! Thank you all for the advice!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sarah in Woodside, New York

33 months ago

happychick2525 in Weirton, West Virginia said: I got a few questions regarding giardia and trichomonas and other parasites... asking how they move, by and undulating membrane and the other by flagellas...

Hi Happychick2525,

Do you have any material for blood bank panels? I really need help with panels, I've been out of school for long now and kind of forgot how to rule out antibodies. I've exam in a week. Thanks in advance :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ghadir Shahin in Hammonton, New Jersey

33 months ago

Prae20 in North Fort Myers, Florida said: I took my exam today at 10:30am and I passed!!!!! I've been looking at this board for most of this year and what everyone has said about the exam is true. The test is more analytical than anything. When I got halfway done I thought I was going to fail. My test seemed like it was mostly Micro and Blood bank which I'm glad cause those are my favorite subjects. I graduated from my program in december, but I didn't take the test till now. I didn't really study, only the last two weeks. I used the patsy jarreau book only. You just have to have a good understanding of the subject matter to answer the question. On most questions I was able to eliminate two wrong answers.

I felt that I overdid it with the studying and I was freaking out for nor reason.
Review everything, but dont try to memorize. The test is not memorization, but more application. My advice to everyone is try to relax and do your best.

Hello, first congratulations, second please i want to ask you if i studied from patsy jarreau book only that will be enough for me to pass MLS test ? and what about Labce what's your opinion about it? please advice me
Thank you for your help

Ghadir Shahin in Hammonton, New Jersey

33 months ago

NervousNelly in Staten Island, New York said: One last thing I will mention is that the test knows your weaknesses. It knows your strengths, it knows what you ate for breakfast the night before and it knows how much you hate a certain subject. I absolutely LOATH blood bank . Guess what subject was the majority of my test? BLOOD BANK. the ASCP website blatantly lies about the different percentages of each subject. There is no 20% this or 10% that. The test knows you hate blood bank and it will ask you 40 questions on it until your head bleeds. I am a beast when it comes to micro. How many questions did i get on micro? 5. i counted. they are liars. Granted, i did pass (by the grace of some unknown higher power). But I am as convinced now as I was before the test that they do not, i repeat, DO NOT want you to pass this test easily. They want you to squirm and grasp for air and laugh at your writhing, dying body. They want your money and they don't care if it take 3 times to take the test.

Good luck all and I wish you all the best!

first congratulations for passing the test, second may i ask to advice me please from where i can study for MLS exam??

Leenie in Missouri City, Texas

33 months ago

hi everyone! I was wondering, is it possible to convert as ASCPi to ASCP? Haven't taken the ASCPi yet but will do soon in October. Like if I wanted to apply for a job in NY for example, would they accept my ASCPi certification? Taking ASCPi cuz I graduated from outside the country. If anyone knows something about this, I would really appreciate some advice. thanks.

33 months ago

Sarah in Woodside, New York said: Hi Happychick2525,

Do you have any material for blood bank panels? I really need help with panels, I've been out of school for long now and kind of forgot how to rule out antibodies. I've exam in a week. Thanks in advance :)

Hey Sarah, I found a site which was recommended by ASCP for references: www.bbguy.org by Joe Chaffin, MD. He talks about how to do antibody panels and other bb topics in his podcasts. You might be interested to go that site and watch his videos and also practice doing antibody panels there. hope this helps.

SawNY in Elmhurst, New York

33 months ago

First of all, I like to thank all people who posted on this link. Reading those commts was really helpful for me to prepare for the exam.
Second, I DID IT!! I took the test last week and passed!
Here's my three weeks study plan that i followed before the exam. Study materials= LabCE, Polansky review cards, BOC 5th edition, Robert Harr review book. I didn't even review my lecture notes.
First week = do 100' Qs for MT on LabCE with review mode EVERY morning + read review cards for the first time and high lighted the cards that I want to review
Second wk = 100'Qs on LabCE every morning + BOC book, started from my weakest sub Micro
Third, final wk = 100'Qs on LabCE every morning + BOC book and for last day, Problm solving chapters for Hemato n Chemistry from Robert Harr (I didn't hav time to read for all subjs)

Exam experience = the first 50 Qs= easy, 50-75= medium, last 25=hard(i guessed a lot of them)....after I finished, I hav abt 25 Qs flagged(not sure ans), most of them r from 2nd half. It took me 1and half hr to ans 100Qs and 30mins review the flagged ones.
Many qs r similar to Qs from LabCE and BOC. I noticed many Qs which I've exp of answering them at some point while studying.
My advice = do 100Qs on LabCE every day even though u working full time and don't hav much time. It took abt 1.5 hr, but think about how many qs u answered after only 2 wks (more than 1000Qs)
I wish you all success in whatever u do!!

kt in Cavan, Ireland

33 months ago

SawNY in Elmhurst, New York said: First of all, I like to thank all people who posted on this link. Reading those commts was really helpful for me to prepare for the exam.
Second, I DID IT!! I took the test last week and passed!
Here's my three weeks study plan that i followed before the exam. Study materials= LabCE, Polansky review cards, BOC 5th edition, Robert Harr review book. I didn't even review my lecture notes.
First week = do 100' Qs for MT on LabCE with review mode EVERY morning + read review cards for the first time and high lighted the cards that I want to review
Second wk = 100'Qs on LabCE every morning + BOC book, started from my weakest sub Micro
Third, final wk = 100'Qs on LabCE every morning + BOC book and for last day, Problm solving chapters for Hemato n Chemistry from Robert Harr (I didn't hav time to read for all subjs)

Exam experience = the first 50 Qs= easy, 50-75= medium, last 25=hard(i guessed a lot of them)....after I finished, I hav abt 25 Qs flagged(not sure ans), most of them r from 2nd half. It took me 1and half hr to ans 100Qs and 30mins review the flagged ones.
Many qs r similar to Qs from LabCE and BOC. I noticed many Qs which I've exp of answering them at some point while studying.
My advice = do 100Qs on LabCE every day even though u working full time and don't hav much time. It took abt 1.5 hr, but think about how many qs u answered after only 2 wks (more than 1000Qs)
I wish you all success in whatever u do!!

hey!!
WELL DONE!!
thanks for the advice, did you buy the Labce questions, which ones if so thanks mine is in two weeks very nervous and not looking good

aseil ahmed in Tustin, California

33 months ago

hi , am taking ASCP exam and I have 5 weeks to study does any one know if its enough or not , noted that I have been in this filed for 6 years now . but I cant remember alot of things , am using as a study guide SUCCESS by CIULLA and LEHMAN and the flash cards , also i want to know what kinda of Q. are most repeated in clinical chemistry ? and in Blood bank ?

Kim Wiles in Lynchburg, Virginia

33 months ago

Somebody please help me!!! I have taken the MLT(ASCP) exam twice and failed. The first score was 396 (4 pts from a passing grade, havent got recent results yet). I consider myself to be of average to above average intelligence. I really don't know how to start over? I have studied the labce religously making 65% average, used notes, and BOC some. I seen very few questions on the actual exam that were on labce. If the exam uses the computer to access your answer and grade the next level of questions, does it do any good to go back and review answers and make changes? If anyone has study materials they would recommend or like to sell, please let me know. I have invested about $700 thus far and can't afford to fail again. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Mary in Cairo, Georgia

33 months ago

Kim Wiles in Lynchburg, Virginia said: Somebody please help me!!! I have taken the MLT(ASCP) exam twice and failed. The first score was 396 (4 pts from a passing grade, havent got recent results yet). I consider myself to be of average to above average intelligence. I really don't know how to start over? I have studied the labce religously making 65% average, used notes, and BOC some. I seen very few questions on the actual exam that were on labce. If the exam uses the computer to access your answer and grade the next level of questions, does it do any good to go back and review answers and make changes? If anyone has study materials they would recommend or like to sell, please let me know. I have invested about $700 thus far and can't afford to fail again. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

I recently took my MLT (ASCP)exam less than a month ago. I used labce, Harr book, Clinical Laboratory Science: The Bottom Line Approach. I also wasn't making 65 to 80% on labce test. I studied everyday for at least four or more hours a day. The Bottom Line Approach was the best book to use for studying. But during my exam I was for sure that I had failed it. It took me ten minutes before I would submit my answers. Needless to say I passed my exam with a 593. No a 593 is not the greatest but I was super excited about passing. Also remember that the exam is over vast knowledge of clinical laboratory science. That the first 20 questions are trying to find your strengths and weaknesses. After that for every right answer the next question gets harder and for every wrong answer the next question gets easier.

Kim Wiles in Lynchburg, Virginia

33 months ago

Mary in Cairo, Georgia said: I recently took my MLT (ASCP)exam less than a month ago. I used labce, Harr book, Clinical Laboratory Science: The Bottom Line Approach. I also wasn't making 65 to 80% on labce test. I studied everyday for at least four or more hours a day. The Bottom Line Approach was the best book to use for studying. But during my exam I was for sure that I had failed it. It took me ten minutes before I would submit my answers. Needless to say I passed my exam with a 593. No a 593 is not the greatest but I was super excited about passing. Also remember that the exam is over vast knowledge of clinical laboratory science. That the first 20 questions are trying to find your strengths and weaknesses. After that for every right answer the next question gets harder and for every wrong answer the next question gets easier.

Thanks Mary for your advice!

Rj in Far Rockaway, New York

33 months ago

Mary in Cairo, Georgia said: I recently took my MLT (ASCP)exam less than a month ago. I used labce, Harr book, Clinical Laboratory Science: The Bottom Line Approach. I also wasn't making 65 to 80% on labce test. I studied everyday for at least four or more hours a day. The Bottom Line Approach was the best book to use for studying. But during my exam I was for sure that I had failed it. It took me ten minutes before I would submit my answers. Needless to say I passed my exam with a 593. No a 593 is not the greatest but I was super excited about passing. Also remember that the exam is over vast knowledge of clinical laboratory science. That the first 20 questions are trying to find your strengths and weaknesses. After that for every right answer the next question gets harder and for every wrong answer the next question gets easier.

hi mary,
I have used ciulla in the past but couldn't make a passing score. How did you use this book? And how long did u study altogether? I will be taking the MLT test soon and I m very nervous. Please do share some more techniques. Thanks!

Mary in Cairo, Georgia

33 months ago

Rj in Far Rockaway, New York said: hi mary,
I have used ciulla in the past but couldn't make a passing score. How did you use this book? And how long did u study altogether? I will be taking the MLT test soon and I m very nervous. Please do share some more techniques. Thanks!

Actually I used a combination of different books to study with. But I found that The Bottom Line Approach worked best for the way I study. The whole book is basically an outline with comic book pictures. I remembered alot of the comics during my test. Also used my notes from my classes and clinical rotations. I study for a straight three weeks about four hours a day before I took my exam. Remember it's vast knowledge! Look over your weak subject(s). Also look over TSI reactions (The Bottom Line Approach-broke tsi reactions down). Take a break the day before, do something fun to take your mind away. If you don't know it by this point your not going to get it by cramming!!

Rj in Far Rockaway, New York

33 months ago

Mary in Cairo, Georgia said: Actually I used a combination of different books to study with. But I found that The Bottom Line Approach worked best for the way I study. The whole book is basically an outline with comic book pictures. I remembered alot of the comics during my test. Also used my notes from my classes and clinical rotations. I study for a straight three weeks about four hours a day before I took my exam. Remember it's vast knowledge! Look over your weak subject(s). Also look over TSI reactions (The Bottom Line Approach-broke tsi reactions down). Take a break the day before, do something fun to take your mind away. If you don't know it by this point your not going to get it by cramming!!

Thank you!

ASCPpassed in Brooklyn, New York

32 months ago

Okay first and foremost.

I failed the first time I got a 362. I just graduated and took the exam 2months later and failed. I studied only 2 hours for 2 days, using the flash cards and just glanced at things. My mentality was "I should know this stuff, I learned it all just a while ago". I was dismayed when I failed.

I took it today and passed. I realized I had passed after I reached questions 70-80. When you keep getting easy questions that are just written in one lines, and has no diagrams or requires any type of analytical thinking, you have passed(which means, don't go back and review your answers, just hit submit and it'll say PASS). When you get tons of hard questions at about 80-100, and you're still guessing on them and have no idea what the answer is, you most likely failed.(They throw hard questions at you towards the end in hopes that you reach the passing score of 400, some hard questions are worth as much as 25 points. After you get a 400 or above, they give you easy questions till you reach 100 questoins.) I had every type of questions thrown at me..Feel free to ask me specifically about anything and I'll try to answer.

How I studied the 2nd time? I used purely the BOC Green book...I looked at every question and read every answer and knew why it was the answer. Anything that I didn't know, I had written it down on a piece of paper. I had over 25 sheets of paper written, including mechanisms of bilirubin, Thyroid hormones, PTH etc...Heme metabolism. After I was done with all the questions, I used Labce.com and did Review mode for the last week till the day of my exam. Everyday I would do 2 review modes, then 1 adaptive testing mode. I scored above a 50% on each mode. Thats all the material I used, and it greatly helped..I studied total for about 3-4 weeks. 4-5hours per day give or take.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

Just keep in mind when your taking the exam, when you reach a question 60-80 or somewhere around there, and you're getting easy questions, you have just passed!

If you're at question 85 or 90, and every question you're still getting, is hard, has diagrams, is about a disease state, and you're just guessing and have no clue. You most likely failed, and should review your prior answers. This exam is made for you to pass. They give you hard ones towards the end in hopes you'll get them right to reach the minium of 400.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rj in Ozone Park, New York

32 months ago

ASCPpassed in Brooklyn, New York said: Just keep in mind when your taking the exam, when you reach a question 60-80 or somewhere around there, and you're getting easy questions, you have just passed!

If you're at question 85 or 90, and every question you're still getting, is hard, has diagrams, is about a disease state, and you're just guessing and have no clue. You most likely failed, and should review your prior answers. This exam is made for you to pass. They give you hard ones towards the end in hopes you'll get them right to reach the minium of 400.

Congratulations! Did u take the MLT OR the MT exam? And how did you find the distribution of questions, I mean subject wise?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ASCPPassed in Brooklyn, New York

32 months ago

I took the MLS exam. (for technologists)

As for subject wise, i had a little bit of everything. I cant give you a percentage because they never slammed me with a ton of questions on one subject. For example, if i had a question that was hard in microbio, and i got it correct, I know its correct as soon as I hit next, and it switches gears to different subject and anotjer hard question.

32 months ago

As some people said on here...the material on here is enormous, and there's no way in hell you're going to get a 100% on it....The passing rate is 400/1000, which is about 40%...Theres 4 choices to each questions, even if someone was to get guess. statistically they would get atleast 25% correct. Theres always 2 answers that doesnt make sense/not relevant to the question at all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tanya in Mount Vernon, New York

32 months ago

ASCPpassed in Brooklyn, New York said: As some people said on here...the material on here is enormous, and there's no way in hell you're going to get a 100% on it....The passing rate is 400/1000, which is about 40%...Theres 4 choices to each questions, even if someone was to get guess. statistically they would get atleast 25% correct. Theres always 2 answers that doesnt make sense/not relevant to the question at all.

Are any questions recalled after taking the exam and they tell you, you failed. Also after you failed the first time how long did you have to wait to take your exam again?

32 months ago

90 days from within your admission window. I didnt remeber anything from the first time I took it, its really just a bunch of random questions thrown at you.

Kisha in San Antonio, Texas

32 months ago

Hello

I've been reading your responses and trying to gather my study technique.
I just submitted my application for AMT and they said it will be 4-6 weeks for approval.
I graduated last year in May. Does anyone have a great study approach that I should use that is effective???

32 months ago

I don't know what AMT is. my study approach Is the best

Salma in Qatar

32 months ago

ASCPpassed in Brooklyn, New York said: Okay first and foremost.

Hi I intended to take the exam by the end of this year but aim little bit confused with the route thing if you would help me I.ll be very great full for you, I have Bsc (2006) and Msc(2012) in mls (microbiology) but I didn't receive any training prog. In what they require. Or have work experience .
Thanks

Salma in Qatar

32 months ago

I just need help in choosing route

benny in Jamaica, New York

32 months ago

Taking it in December and I haven't really started studying yet...I have no idea how to even begin to study. Do I study biochem or micro first? And how many times do you repeat the info before it stays...obviously once is not enough.

Salma in Qatar

32 months ago

Any one plzzzzzz help ;)

polarbear in Illinois

32 months ago

ASCPPassed in Brooklyn, New York said: I took the MLS exam. (for technologists)

As for subject wise, i had a little bit of everything. I cant give you a percentage because they never slammed me with a ton of questions on one subject. For example, if i had a question that was hard in microbio, and i got it correct, I know its correct as soon as I hit next, and it switches gears to different subject and anotjer hard question.

may i knw ur email add?? i need ur help.thanks:)

32 months ago

haha im not giving you my email, but you can ask any questions here

aseil ahmed in Tustin, California

32 months ago

Salma in Qatar said: I just need help in choosing route

Hi, I have bacholer dgree from out side state , and tell know I dont have any traning program here inside states,but I hade one in my country , so I choose the ASCP international for medical technision . because I met thire requiements.so check the international one ,I think rout two will sute you because you have a master degree.
Regards

Joyous7

32 months ago

Hello everyone, is there anyone out there that may have the BOC book and other study books for sale? Any notes that you may be able to send through would be greatly appreciated as well!
Thanks so much!
Replies can be sent to bboop469@aol.com.

Joy

medlabtalk in Fair Lawn, New Jersey

32 months ago

Everyone has their own way of studying. You just have to find what will make you retain all the information. You can have every study guide, book, flash cards, forum, etc. I broke this down, two parts. What material you know just review. What you don't know study your brains off (flash cards should help with the brake down). Then this is where question taking comes in. Understanding the question is the hardest to learn (BOC labCE books). Read the question then break that down try not to over read you will miss something. But If your good at understanding the questions you wont need the BOC as much, glance it over. Once you get this down....PASS Pass PASS..its easy to say, because how do you get a question wrong. Either you don't know the information being asked or don't understand the question or both.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Salma in Qatar

32 months ago

aseil ahmed in Tustin, California said: Hi, I have bacholer dgree .

thanks a lot aseil,im trying the m(ascpi) international one but they keep asking about last digits of Ssn which I don't have becuz I,m not an American citizen. I,ll try again which me luck.

sara in Chicago Ridge, Illinois

32 months ago

hi guys..im currently studying for my second attempt at the mls ASCP exam. I'm so frustrated because I graduated last year, and got a job right away-which is great, but I'm on night shift and it's been an adjustment for me, and a lot of times I get off I'm so tired I sleep all day! I get up and try to study but I'm lost, not in the sense of the material just how much of it there is and where to start. Can anyone help me out so I can pick a date and get this nasty storm cloud that follows me around EVERYDAY to finally leave me alone? :(( I did a study guide from the one on the ASCP site but it is not enough. For example, the hematology section has just basics listed but theres nothing on there about knowing all the disease states which I know are on there. I have the BOC book and I used that the first time which obviously didn't work. I also have the Harr book and the notecards now but need some direction. Help please!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

sara in Chicago Ridge, Illinois said: hi guys..im currently studying for my second attempt at the mls ASCP exam. I'm so frustrated because I graduated last year, and got a job right away-which is great, but I'm on night shift and it's been an adjustment for me, and a lot of times I get off I'm so tired I sleep all day! I get up and try to study but I'm lost, not in the sense of the material just how much of it there is and where to start. Can anyone help me out so I can pick a date and get this nasty storm cloud that follows me around EVERYDAY to finally leave me alone? :(( I did a study guide from the one on the ASCP site but it is not enough. For example, the hematology section has just basics listed but theres nothing on there about knowing all the disease states which I know are on there. I have the BOC book and I used that the first time which obviously didn't work. I also have the Harr book and the notecards now but need some direction. Help please!

Hey Sara! Don't lose hope :) I just passed ASCPi for MT a week ago and what I did was study at least 2 hours each day. Maximum hours of study for me was about 4 hours. I particularly studied on my weak subjects first, then moved on to stronger subjects. I also tried to make notes while studying. The books and sites I used were Robert Harr, Patsy Jarreau's Clinical Laboratory Science Review: The Bottom Line Approach, www.labce.com, ASCP-practice. Since you have Robert Harr, i recommend you go through it because it is a worthwhile book to read as there are explanations after each question. Focus on topics that you don't know or fully understand yet ,based on the ASCP Examination Content outline. Memorize if you have to. You can use your note cards. Are those the Polansky ones? Also its true that they ask correlation of disease and lab results. Since you're working in the lab already, I think it will help since ASCP exam is also about application. Good luck! you can do it :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   42  43  44  45  46  47  48  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.