Preparing to take ASCP MT exam in three weeks time

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2251 to 2300 of 3334)
Page:  « First « Previous   43  44  45  46  47  48  49  Next »   Last »

benny in Elmhurst, New York

43 months ago

Dun purnsley when are you taking the exam?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dunn Purnsley in Brooklyn, New York

43 months ago

Elmhurst Benny - I took it a few days ago. Have you taken it yet? Here's another question - this one for you and Chicago Sara. These are 3 questions I remember getting.

Q: Fiber strands in urine resemble what under the microscope?
a.waxy cast
b.hyaline cast
c.wbc cast
d.fine granular cast

Q: You see something gram negative under the microscope. You culture it and it gives off a bleach like odor. What is it?

Q: Reagent strip detected no protein but sulfosalicylic acid test did. WHy?
a. reagent strip was expired
b. bence jones proteins in urine

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

san in Irvington, New Jersey

43 months ago

Is it possible to take ASCP MLS exam in Hematology even I have done my Bachelor in Science degree and Medical Lab Technology program from India ? I have New york State license and I have 7 years experience in Pathology.

Benny in Elmhurst, New York

43 months ago

Dunn Purnsley in Brooklyn, New York- Thanks for those questions! I haven't taken it yet; I will take it in December. How long did you study for the exam? I really haven't started studying yet, I've had some health issues that got in the way and now I am terrified that I will surely fail! I have like 3 weeks to study everything!

aseilahmed in Tustin, California

43 months ago

so I just took the ASCP exam fot medical technologiest ,snd its my first time and I failed :(
but its all my falt I stressed out so much ,because I used to get 75% to 80% in labce ,but the exam was differrent story Too many cases to solve , I got many questions on compatibility test
most hematology question was about anticoagulants factor dissorders, hemolotyic anemia.
I cant remimber any thing now but I promise I will update you gys with any question if I remimber any.

MLstat in Las Vegas, Nevada

43 months ago

sara in Chicago Ridge, Illinois said: hi guys..im currently studying for my second attempt at the mls ASCP exam. I'm so frustrated because I graduated last year, and got a job right away-which is great, but I'm on night shift and it's been an adjustment for me, and a lot of times I get off I'm so tired I sleep all day! I get up and try to study but I'm lost, not in the sense of the material just how much of it there is and where to start. Can anyone help me out so I can pick a date and get this nasty storm cloud that follows me around EVERYDAY to finally leave me alone? :(( I did a study guide from the one on the ASCP site but it is not enough. For example, the hematology section has just basics listed but theres nothing on there about knowing all the disease states which I know are on there. I have the BOC book and I used that the first time which obviously didn't work. I also have the Harr book and the notecards now but need some direction. Help please!

@sara, dont lose hope. I just passed today my MLS exam. Just concentrate on weak areas and focus on one or 2 books. You dont want to get confused with so much materials. By te way, what hospital are you working right now? Do they accept MLS certification in illinois? thanks! If you need any help just message me.

L in Manila, Philippines

42 months ago

guys, i have a question.... is the "Clinical Laboratory Science Review: A Bottom Line Approach by Betty L. Theriot" same with "Clinical Laboratory Science Review: A Bottom Line Approach by Patsy C. Jarreau"???? or it's the same series(or editions) of books?

mleighton in chicago

42 months ago

Hi, i passed the ascp exam on my first attempt and metpath has helped me a lot, especially the final coaching, it seemed that the exam was so easy for me. just study whatever books you have and pray a lot, the ascp-boc also helped me as it awares me the kind of exams that i'll be taking. goodluck guys!

Rj in Jamaica, New York

42 months ago

mleighton in chicago said: Hi, i passed the ascp exam on my first attempt and metpath has helped me a lot, especially the final coaching, it seemed that the exam was so easy for me. just study whatever books you have and pray a lot, the ascp-boc also helped me as it awares me the kind of exams that i'll be taking. goodluck guys!

congratulations! i am using the metpath notes as well and they are really lengthy. How many sources did you use?

Ebru Turk in Brooklyn, New York

42 months ago

Hello, I have passed the ASCP Medical technologist exam last week and I leave in NY. Does anyone know what i do next in order to get my certification?

42 months ago

LIVE*****

42 months ago

Congrats Ebru! Was it difficult? How much did you prepare for it?

medlabtalk in Fair Lawn, New Jersey

42 months ago

Ebru Turk in Brooklyn, New York said: Hello, I have passed the ASCP Medical technologist exam last week and I leave in NY. Does anyone know what i do next in order to get my certification?

"You’ll receive your certificate approximately four to six weeks after your examination date". Or call ASCP and get an update of your certification. If you Plan to get your NY State Licence better apply now, they are so slow.

42 months ago

medlabtalk in Fair Lawn, New Jersey said: "You’ll receive your certificate approximately four to six weeks after your examination date". Or call ASCP and get an update of your certification. If you Plan to get your NY State Licence better apply now, they are so slow.

Thank you Medlabtalk. I actually applied for my NYS license before taking the exam

42 months ago

benny in Elmhurst, New York said: Congrats Ebru! Was it difficult? How much did you prepare for it?

Thanks Benny ! it was actually very difficult. I thought I was failing and when i saw the Pass writing on the screen i was so shocked and excited. I studied for 2 and a half months and for about 2-4 hours a day. the books i used was Harrs (amazingg book), BOC green book (which is not that great because there arent any good explanations), and polansky flashcards. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

Thanks ebru! I'm officially freaked out now.. anyways good luck with future plans!

Sam in Astoria, New York

42 months ago

Chi in Oakland, California said: Never give up! It has been 20 yrs for me since I have graduated, give me your email and I will forward you the statement I recieved from the director of my program. It is easy to locate a job in CA, I landed a job right away even I had left the field for more than ten years. The pay is the best in the nation. I studied about 1-2 hrs/day. I studied one section at a time, focus on the materials you study at hand, go over a few times to make sure you retain the info, write it down, it helps you remember and have some thing short and focused to go over before the actual exam. Don't look at the entire thing, it is intimidating and discouraged. You will need a CA license to work in CA as a CLS but with your ASCP you can work in most states except for Florida and New York.

Hey dear,
I am also planning to apply for California License. However, my school were I graduated has close their program and there is no one to write me the statement about my clinical rotation. Can you Please forward me your director statement about your one year rotation to get an idea about the format they need. Thank you very much in advance for your help...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Wordsology in Brooklyn, New York

42 months ago

Hey all,
I took my exam a few weeks ago. I've taken some time to post up some questions I can recall from my exam, some notes of mine that turned out to be important, and some advice for those who aren't sure what resources to use. I hope it helps.

wordsology.wordpress.com/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

RTN in Buffalo, New York

42 months ago

aseil ahmed in Tustin, California said: Hi, I have bacholer dgree from out side state , and tell know I dont have any traning program here inside states,but I hade one in my country , so I choose the ASCP international for medical technision . because I met thire requiements.so check the international one ,I think rout two will sute you because you have a master degree.
Regards

Hi,
did you applied for the New York State licensure?because I know that with your experience,if you met the requirements, you will be eligible to take the NYS ascp licensure.
good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ASCPpassed in Quezon City, Philippines

42 months ago

hello Im a 3rd year soon to be intern (LOL) MLS student and I was just wondering if its fine to take ASCP exams after taking a september board exam?? Though I was advised to take real experience in the practice before taking ASCP, Im not really in a hurry but time is not a luxury for me. I am fairly ignorant concerning these things causing my anxiety level to rise up LOL so any insights i can receive will be greatly appreciated. :D

SAS80 in Staunton, Virginia

42 months ago

Hello, my name is Shannon and I am really confused on what to take for college. I am a single mother who at this time in life will not be able to relocate out of the current place where I live for at least another ten years due to circumstances regarding my child and family. I was thinking about going to college for an Associate of Science Degree specializing in Biotechnology , but I am terrified of wasting my time doing so because everybody is telling me I will never be able to find a job with this degree. I was also thinking that my options might be better if I try to get a Medical Lab Technician Associate transfer degree and if I can't find work with this degree then I will transfer to receive my BS in Biotechnology and then get certification for a Medical Lab Technologist. I am really confused and would love to have anyone's opinion on these matters. I've thought and thought about other degrees I could get, but my interests always come back to working in a lab. I love work that requires investigation and science, but time and location are not on my side. I live in a little city in the middle of country with only three hospitals within 70 miles of each other, it is very small and very small minded. Does anyone think that I would be able to find work with any of these degrees near the area where I live? I also heard someone tell me to get a degree for Nursing Technologist. Has anyone heard of this job and what it entails? I thought that this may be a better option because if I can't find work in a lab I could fall back on Nursing. Any advice will help. Sorry for the long life story!lol

qubic17 in Gainesville, Florida

42 months ago

Hey guys. I am getting ready to take my ASCP exam this Friday. Have been following this forum for awhile now and just decided to join. I am a bit nervous. I have been studying hardcore for about 2 months. I have the polansky cards, Harr book, LabCe and BOR. I went through the cards lots of times, through the whole Harr book and took about 3,000 questions on LabCe. I briefly skimmed the BOR since I heard its not very useful and ran out of time. I also have some short cut notes to help. I have been getting around 73% average on test mode of labce. I hope am ready. I finished my program in early november but was online. I am also a bloodbank expert since I have been working in the field for almost 6 years in a reference lab but now want to be a generalist.

qubic17 in Gainesville, Florida

42 months ago

Any other advise you guys can give me before I take it? :)

42 months ago

Gubic17 did you pass the exam? How was it?

Nat in Dulles, Virginia

42 months ago

ASCPpassed in Brooklyn, New York 1 month ago said I failed the first time I got a 362.

I'd like to know if failed. When can I reapply again? or I can reapply at once after I know the result.

polarbear in Illinois

42 months ago

ASCPpassed in Brooklyn, New York said: Okay first and foremost.

I failed the first time I got a 362. I just graduated and took the exam 2months later and failed. I studied only 2 hours for 2 days, using the flash cards and just glanced at things. My mentality was "I should know this stuff, I learned it all just a while ago". I was dismayed when I failed.

I took it today and passed. I realized I had passed after I reached questions 70-80. When you keep getting easy questions that are just written in one lines, and has no diagrams or requires any type of analytical thinking, you have passed(which means, don't go back and review your answers, just hit submit and it'll say PASS). When you get tons of hard questions at about 80-100, and you're still guessing on them and have no idea what the answer is, you most likely failed.(They throw hard questions at you towards the end in hopes that you reach the passing score of 400, some hard questions are worth as much as 25 points. After you get a 400 or above, they give you easy questions till you reach 100 questoins.) I had every type of questions thrown at me..Feel free to ask me specifically about anything and I'll try to answer.

How I studied the 2nd time? I used purely the BOC Green book...I looked at every question and read every answer and knew why it was the answer. Anything that I didn't know, I had written it down on a piece of paper. I had over 25 sheets of paper written, including mechanisms of bilirubin, Thyroid hormones, PTH etc...Heme metabolism. After I was done with all the questions, I used Labce.com and did Review mode for the last week till the day of my exam. Everyday I would do 2 review modes, then 1 adaptive testing mode. I scored above a 50% on each mode. Thats all the material I used, and it greatly helped..I studied total for about 3-4 weeks. 4-5hours per day give or take.[

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

polarbear in Illinois

42 months ago

hi mentioned about Boc purely when u took for retake.i noticed that the BOC explanations are somewhat interesting that i did not read from other reviewers.i might say that you just studied the right way of the BOC.because others says BOC has no point.but i believed you its just finding how to use it well.noe im inspired the way you did it and ill try it.i need to pass:)

polarbear in Illinois

42 months ago

polarbear in Illinois said:

hi mentioned about Boc purely when u took for retake.i noticed that the BOC explanations are somewhat interesting that i did not read from other reviewers.i might say that you just studied the right way of the BOC.because others says BOC has no point.but i believed you its just finding how to use it well.noe im inspired the way you did it and ill try it.i need to pass:)

polarbear in Illinois

42 months ago

polarbear in Illinois said: hi mentioned about Boc purely when u took for retake.i noticed that the BOC explanations are somewhat interesting that i did not read from other reviewers.i might say that you just studied the right way of the BOC.because others says BOC has no point.but i believed you its just finding how to use it well.noe im inspired the way you did it and ill try it.i need to pass:)

this is for ASCPpassed in Brooklyn, New York

ASCP MT exam in Anchorage, Alaska

41 months ago

Hello guys, I hope this would be helpful. I know everyone has different study styles, your own way of studying. I just hope this would help if you want to try..
I took/passed ASCP MLS exam week ago. I couldn't afford to buy any fancy study guide books out there. All I used for the exam was my school textbooks and youtube videos. I'm not smart student either (C student). It was alot of stress but I thought I had to take the exam.

okay, First, I made flash cards for all the formulas, reference ranges, hard-to-remember facts so I can carry and take a look (like when you watch TV, coffee time, etc)

Second, I watched alot of youtube videos online for my weak areas, like coagulation cascade (you know there are alot of factors),antibody identification, acid-base balance (metabolic,respiratory acidosis, alkalosis). For anything I don't understand, I tried youtube video first and came back to the textbook for details. It really helped me alot to understand concepts, easier to remember. I really didn't want to be stressed out studying for long hours.

On 100 question exam, you'll find a micro question and then next screen you'll jump to bloodbank question. It's kind of nonsense. Here's some stuff I remember from exam.. hope this helps and good luck on your exams. You can do it.

-Many gram neg bacilli in the urine and nitrite is negative, why?
-When RBC product is delievered, proper storage temperature? (is it 1-6C or 1-10C ?)
-Cryoprecipitated AHF products was thawed/prepared at 10 am, patient has X-ray at 2 pm (takes about few hours), what will you do with the product?
-Increased anion gap due to (metabolic acidosis or metabolic alkalosis?)
-Anaerobic gram neg cocci.... what's your guess?
-Muscle tremor(?), increased Na, decreased K in the body, what hormone causes that? (ADH or Aldosterone?)
-Gardnerella Vaginalis, in order to culture, what nutrient(?) do you add?
-Effects of caffeine (coffee) on conjugated and unconjugated bilirubin.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

41 months ago

-HACEK group, what's in it?
-when N.meningitis in in CSF, (i can't remember exactly, does it have capsule or pili something like that...)
-Staphylococcus, micrococcus species, (biochemical reactions, what kind of antibiotics they are resistant to, susceptible to.)
-Rickettsia...
-The most common cold agglutinin? (is it I, or P1, or M?)
-Type A subgroups, A1 and A2
-there was few questions about Fungus. with petridish picture,morphology.
and microscopic pictures, like Alternaria spp, Geotrichum spp, Trichosporon spp.
- about biochemical reactions about proteus spp.
-fungus organism grows well with olive oil(you know it's malassezia furfur)
-for Lactic acid test, blood...need to be collected and immediately chilled,seprate within one hour.
-For synovial fluid to check mucin clot, what do you add?
-Birefringent crystal in synovial fluid... it causes what disease? (gout? psudogout?)
-Bacteria acquired by butcher (or meat packer)
-know difference biochemical reactions of Samonella, Citrobacter
-When a test cross-react with Rheumatoid factor... relation with Sensitivity and Specificity
-Synovial fluid collected in anticoagulant tube, what do you use to dilute the specimen?
-Synovial fluid... what makes its cloudy turbity? (crystal? WBCs? fibrogens?)
-calculation of corrected WBC
-3 kinds of gram negative lactose fermenting bacteria, and staphylococcus found in stool culture. what will you do?
-RBC inclusions (like heinz body, pappenheimer..)
-about aplastic anemia, pancytopenia..
-Bloodbank, in forward, reverse reaction... reaction in forward, but no reaction in reverse, what will do you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

41 months ago

ASCP MT exam in Anchorage, Alaska said: -HACEK group, what's in it?
-when N.meningitis in in CSF, (i can't remember exactly, does it have capsule or pili something like that...)
-Staphylococcus, micrococcus species, (biochemical reactions, what kind of antibiotics they are resistant to, susceptible to.)
-Rickettsia...
-The most common cold agglutinin? (is it I, or P1, or M?)
-Type A subgroups, A1 and A2
-there was few questions about Fungus. with petridish picture,morphology.
and microscopic pictures, like Alternaria spp, Geotrichum spp, Trichosporon spp.
- about biochemical reactions about proteus spp.
-fungus organism grows well with olive oil(you know it's malassezia furfur)
-for Lactic acid test, blood...need to be collected and immediately chilled,seprate within one hour.
-For synovial fluid to check mucin clot, what do you add?
-Birefringent crystal in synovial fluid... it causes what disease? (gout? psudogout?)
-Bacteria acquired by butcher (or meat packer)
-know difference biochemical reactions of Samonella, Citrobacter
-When a test cross-react with Rheumatoid factor... relation with Sensitivity and Specificity
-Synovial fluid collected in anticoagulant tube, what do you use to dilute the specimen?
-Synovial fluid... what makes its cloudy turbity? (crystal? WBCs? fibrogens?)
-calculation of corrected WBC
-3 kinds of gram negative lactose fermenting bacteria, and staphylococcus found in stool culture. what will you do?
-RBC inclusions (like heinz body, pappenheimer..)
-about aplastic anemia, pancytopenia..
-Bloodbank, in forward, reverse reaction... reaction in forward, but no reaction in reverse, what will do you?

Thank you for this and congratulations on passing! How long did you study for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

41 months ago

benny in Elmhurst, New York said: Thank you for this and congratulations on passing! How long did you study for?

thank you benny :-) I studied about 3 wks. I knew it wasn't enough time for me to take the exam because it's been years apart since I took MT program classes and I don't recall anything. All I had was textbooks, class lecture notes, and computer at home. At first, I felt overwhelmed I didn't know where how to start (also I don't study well by reading, it's just too much for me). Also I'm a visual learner so I decided to watch alot of youtube videos to bring understand concepts I don't know (some videos are nicer easier to understand) each day I split what I'm gonna do during the day, for example, today I'm gonna watch "bilirubin metabolism" "coagulation cascade" on youtube and next day I'm gonna watch "renal physiology nephron function (most video includes diseases)" and read little bit. While eating or watching tv I glanced flash cards I made (formulas how to calculate corrected WBC, RBC inclusion pictures, parasites,fungus, diseases etc). I didn't want to feel exhausted stressful because of study, so I watched fun videos or played favorite music between times to keep in good mood and drink my favorite coffee, eating candies. I think it helped me to pass the exam

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

41 months ago

ASCP MT exam in Anchorage, Alaska said: thank you benny :-) I studied about 3 wks. I knew it wasn't enough time for me to take the exam because it's been years apart since I took MT program classes and I don't recall anything. All I had was textbooks, class lecture notes, and computer at home. At first, I felt overwhelmed I didn't know where how to start (also I don't study well by reading, it's just too much for me). Also I'm a visual learner so I decided to watch alot of youtube videos to bring understand concepts I don't know (some videos are nicer easier to understand) each day I split what I'm gonna do during the day, for example, today I'm gonna watch "bilirubin metabolism" "coagulation cascade" on youtube and next day I'm gonna watch "renal physiology nephron function (most video includes diseases)" and read little bit. While eating or watching tv I glanced flash cards I made (formulas how to calculate corrected WBC, RBC inclusion pictures, parasites,fungus, diseases etc). I didn't want to feel exhausted stressful because of study, so I watched fun videos or played favorite music between times to keep in good mood and drink my favorite coffee, eating candies. I think it helped me to pass the exam

That seems like such a fun way to learn! I know how overwhelming reading and memorizing those review books can become. Anyways, thanks for these helpful tips and enjoy the holidays.

happychick2525 in Weirton, West Virginia

41 months ago

I agree 100% about watching videos. It was the absolute best way to re-learn a lot of this stuff. It was my best resource. You can find videos on just about anything. Most are on there because they found really easy way's to explain things that have worked for their students over the years. I drew their diagrams and didn't move on to another until I fully understood and could recite to myself basically the same things that they said. I didn't study near as much as I wanted to because I just started a new job as an MT and thought that it was more important to pay attention to my training. So I probably studied a total of 3 weeks all together about 2 hours a day and passed my first time and I do believe it was because of those videos and really really paying attention at work and thinking hard at everything I was doing there and the most important thing is the why... why i was doing this and what I would do if this... good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jasrand@*****.*** in Millington, Tennessee

41 months ago

CLS48 in California said: Yes I would say it was more analytical and there wasn't any of the questions from the green book on the actual test. It is computerized and the way it works is, if you are getting alot of questions wrong, the computer is smart and starts giving you easy questions. If you are getting them right, the questions become harder.

It is also lopsided in that, it is only 100 questions but you may get 30 questions on micro and maybe only 10 on blood bank while another person may get the opposite. So, you have to basically know all departments well or just get lucky in getting the most questions from the subject you know best.

The best and worst part is that it tells you if you pass or fail, right after you take the test on the computer so you know right away.

I've been out of school a while, because at the time the state I'm in require STATE Licensure, I took both exam and passed on my state, and failed ASCP, as my career has grown, I feel that I need ASCP (I currently teach in a community college MLT program. I have a MSHA and state license Supervisor Generalist. I plan to really focus down the next two months and study. Do any one have ADVISE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jasrand@*****.*** in Memphis, Tennessee

41 months ago

I've been out of school a while, because at the time the state I'm in require STATE Licensure, I took both exam and passed on my state, and failed ASCP, as my career has grown, I feel that I need ASCP (I currently teach in a community college MLT program. I have a MSHA and state license Supervisor Generalist. I plan to really focus down the next two months and study. Do any one have ADVISE.

jasrand@bellsouth.net

41 months ago

polarbear in Illinois said:

Thanks what you said Really make sense and it helps.
jasrand@bellsouth.net

41 months ago

benny in Elmhurst, New York said: Thank you for this and congratulations on passing! How long did you study for?

This was Greatly Helpful, Thanks
jen

Rj in Jamaica, New York

41 months ago

jasrand@bellsouth.net in Memphis, Tennessee said: I've been out of school a while, because at the time the state I'm in require STATE Licensure, I took both exam and passed on my state, and failed ASCP, as my career has grown, I feel that I need ASCP (I currently teach in a community college MLT program. I have a MSHA and state license Supervisor Generalist. I plan to really focus down the next two months and study. Do any one have ADVISE.

jasrand@bellsouth.net

Hi, Did u find the State exam to be easier than the ASCP?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jasrand in Memphis, Tennessee

41 months ago

Yes RJ, the state exam was easier to me, it has less case studies compared to the ASCP. I re- took the ASCP a 2nd time and missed it BY LESS THAN 10 POINTS. I'm getting organize to retake ASCP
jen

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

benny in Astoria, New York

41 months ago

For those who took n passed the exam...when they mail your score is it out of 999 or 100? I passed the test n just received my score in the mail...I thought it will be a break down of how I did; but instead it is just one score out of 100%.

moh in Bronx, New York

41 months ago

Hi,,, every body....i applied to ascp exam for license for new york
i have Bsc. medical analysis from jordan and i have 3 year experience
as general medical technologist ...

i want to ask you if green book enough to pass exam ?
how the exam is more specific or general knowledge ?
in microbiology how the example question ?

thank you

Joe in Brooklyn, New York

41 months ago

questions there are paragraphs, not like green boc book.
look at this guys stuff
wordsology.wordpress.com

Henry baby ASCPi in Harvey, Illinois

41 months ago

Hi everyone! Just wanna share my latest experience with the MT ASCPi examination. Have been reading quietly all the posts here while doing my review last OCtober 2012. I think some of the posts are really helpful. I spend 5 days a week, 5-7 hours/day in a public library. Took the test last December 1, 2012 and passed. Here are my resources:

1. Polansky card - eat it
2. Henry's Clinical Diagnosis and Management - I used this just because this used to be our textbook. Only selected important chapters though. I used this for blood bank, Micro, Parasitology, Viro and Mycology, Chemistry - instrument principles, Hematology.
3. LabCE practice test - I do practice test per subject depending on what subject I am reviewing. This is a good supplement to my review. Did the AsCP Board prac test at the start of my study, and then in the middle, then a week before my scheduled test.
4. BBguy lectures- helped me a lot. this is the real deal for mastering panels, bld groups etc.

There were Qs about the panel (of course) got 2 I think, had a lot of Qs in micro ID of species with the result of the tests presented. I was getting easy Qs after finishing 75% of the exam. Nevertheless, I was still nervous when I finalized my answers and submitted. Preliminary result of Pass appeared on the screen. Hope this helps so Good luck everyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

CLS in Las Vegas, Nevada

41 months ago

Since you passed ASCP(i), can you start working in companies that hire ASCP? Is the degree of certification the same? Or it is different? And if it is the same, why didn't you take the ASCP instead of ASCP(i)? Is the eligibility to take ASCP vs ASCPi different? thanks!

Henry baby ASCPi in Oak Forest, Illinois

40 months ago

CLS in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Since you passed ASCP(i), can you start working in companies that hire ASCP? Is the degree of certification the same? Or it is different? And if it is the same, why didn't you take the ASCP instead of ASCP(i)? Is the eligibility to take ASCP vs ASCPi different? thanks!

Its basically the same except that ASCPi are for for students who have a foreign diploma. And yes, with ASCPi one can start working in companies that hire MT (ASCP). :)

CLS in Las Vegas, Nevada

40 months ago

Henry baby ASCPi in Oak Forest, Illinois said: Its basically the same except that ASCPi are for for students who have a foreign diploma. And yes, with ASCPi one can start working in companies that hire MT (ASCP). :)

It is good then. Any ASCP(i) certified "only" ( meaning without other certification or license) working in a company who accepts ASCP certified "only"in this forum? It will definitely help. I am not qualified to take the ASCP but qualified to take the ASCP(i) that is why I am asking if they are the same. Thanks!

moh in Mount Vernon, New York

40 months ago

i need best book for exam for licensed
if body know best web site for a buy book ?
and how much need to study every day ... hour ?

give example for exam?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

moh in Mount Vernon, New York

40 months ago

thank to all

Page:  « First « Previous   43  44  45  46  47  48  49  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.