Preparing to take ASCP MT exam in three weeks time

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2301 to 2350 of 3148)
Page:  « First « Previous   44  45  46  47  48  49  50  Next »   Last »

Henry baby ASCPi in Oak Forest, Illinois

29 months ago

CLS in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Since you passed ASCP(i), can you start working in companies that hire ASCP? Is the degree of certification the same? Or it is different? And if it is the same, why didn't you take the ASCP instead of ASCP(i)? Is the eligibility to take ASCP vs ASCPi different? thanks!

Its basically the same except that ASCPi are for for students who have a foreign diploma. And yes, with ASCPi one can start working in companies that hire MT (ASCP). :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

CLS in Las Vegas, Nevada

29 months ago

Henry baby ASCPi in Oak Forest, Illinois said: Its basically the same except that ASCPi are for for students who have a foreign diploma. And yes, with ASCPi one can start working in companies that hire MT (ASCP). :)

It is good then. Any ASCP(i) certified "only" ( meaning without other certification or license) working in a company who accepts ASCP certified "only"in this forum? It will definitely help. I am not qualified to take the ASCP but qualified to take the ASCP(i) that is why I am asking if they are the same. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

moh in Mount Vernon, New York

29 months ago

i need best book for exam for licensed
if body know best web site for a buy book ?
and how much need to study every day ... hour ?

give example for exam?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

thank to all

cls 2016 in Sunnyvale, California

29 months ago

saju49 in Irvine, California said: Hello everyone. Is there anyone on this forum who had passed ASCP or any other CLS certification test from California or a non-USA citizen working in California as CLS. I thought now CA doesn't need a state license anymore and will accept national board certification (ASCP) to work in state of CA. but recently i heard that it is not true...now i am confused. Can anyone provide me any information and how to go about it.
I will appreciate it.

Hi Saju49,

I recently got a CLS trainee License. Do you know any hospitals are looking for trainees for internship?

Maya in Fremont, California

29 months ago

cls 2016 in Sunnyvale, California said: Hi Saju49,

I recently got a CLS trainee License. Do you know any hospitals are looking for trainees for internship?

Hi, I also got CLS Trainee License Today ! I dont know what to do and where to apply ! Anyone have any idea ! Please help :)

Greg in San Francisco, California

29 months ago

Maya in Fremont, California said: Hi, I also got CLS Trainee License Today ! I dont know what to do and where to apply ! Anyone have any idea ! Please help :)

CLS Trainee licenses are highly favored at SFSU CLS Program. Their application states that if you have such license, include a copy with your application.

Maya in Fremont, California

29 months ago

Greg in San Francisco, California said: CLS Trainee licenses are highly favored at SFSU CLS Program. Their application states that if you have such license, include a copy with your application.

Yes, I will do that on Monday ! Thanks !Any other lab/school where we can send ?

Hawk in Fresno, California

29 months ago

moh in Mount Vernon, New York said: i need best book for exam for licensed
if body know best web site for a buy book ?
and how much need to study every day ... hour ?

give example for exam?

I would recommend A bottom Line Approach by Patsy Jarreau, wordsology bacterial charts and her other charts, and maybe another review book like Robert Harr. I used both Harr 3rd edition and 4th editon, so I can vouch for those. Just go though a bottom line approach and memorize and familiarize yourself with the concepts and charts. Use wordsology for the bacterial charts, memorize these and you'll do well in micro. Just google ASCP wordsology and its the first link. I recommend Harr for both review and feedback studying.

A bottom line approach
wordsology
and Harr
If you study these you'll do fine. As for the time commitment, its hard to say; just try and study everyday. Good Luck!

29 months ago

i want to ask you if this book good for exam or not ... please

‎Monica-Cheesbrough-District-Laboratory-Practice-in-Tropical-Countries-

29 months ago

i want to ask you if this book good for exam or not ... please

‎Monica Cheesbrough District Laboratory Practice in Tropical Countries

thank you

wordsology in Brooklyn, New York

29 months ago

Hawk, wordsology is a HE!

moh, i've never heard of this book. I'd search amazon.com for reviews before buying anything but there are some really great, well proven resources as Hawk has mentioned. My favorite were the Polansky review cards and Harr.

Hawk in Fresno, California said: I would recommend A bottom Line Approach by Patsy Jarreau, wordsology bacterial charts and her other charts, and maybe another review book like Robert Harr. I used both Harr 3rd edition and 4th editon, so I can vouch for those. Just go though a bottom line approach and memorize and familiarize yourself with the concepts and charts. Use wordsology for the bacterial charts, memorize these and you'll do well in micro. Just google ASCP wordsology and its the first link. I recommend Harr for both review and feedback studying.

A bottom line approach
wordsology
and Harr
If you study these you'll do fine. As for the time commitment, its hard to say; just try and study everyday. Good Luck!

ASDF77 in New York

29 months ago

SD in South Bend, Indiana said: Hi,

I'm preparing to take the ASCP MT exam in three weeks time and I am freaking out. I am relying on passing this exam inorder to process an H1 visa, and so I desperately need to pass the exam just in order for me to even stay in this country. Talk about pressure! I wish I had more time to study, but I dont. Has anyone taken the exam recently? Any study tips for me? At this stage, I figure it's impossible for me to sit down with big bulky textbooks and start reading them so I'm relying heavily on the Polanksy review cards to study...and the green ASCP book. Any other pointers, anyone? Do the practise tests available online for the ASCP help at all with the exam? HELP. I'd appreciate any comments or advice at all :(

Everyone is saying that the ASCP exam is the hardest they have ever taken? Just wondering just how specific these questions can get...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

moh in Mount Vernon, New York said: i want to ask you if this book good for exam or not ... please

‎Monica Cheesbrough District Laboratory Practice in Tropical Countries

thank you

Yes, thats why I listed it because its so pertinent to the ASCP MLS exam.
Do not make this exam harder than it needs to be.

29 months ago

Hawk in Fresno, California said: Yes, thats why I listed it because its so pertinent to the ASCP MLS exam.
Do not make this exam harder than it needs to be.

Everything I listed is excellent for the exam, especially if you have little time to prepare.

A bottom line approach, wordsology, Harr is you want, and make go through all of the indeed comments related to ASCP exam and write down known exam questions.....even if the person says no your protein electrophoresis....than quickly memorize what the 5 main SPEP'look like. It only takes a few minutes.

When you find information that is known to be on the exam, it's like finding gold, because thats a piece of informaiton that has a high prpobabilty of being on the exam. I will tell you this: I made of a known exam sheet of over 100 questions from indeed and over 40% were on the exam.

One more thing, get to know disease states.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

ASDF77 in New York said: Everyone is saying that the ASCP exam is the hardest they have ever taken? Just wondering just how specific these questions can get...

Sorry for the typos and misspells, I'm at work right now; and trying to type fast.

29 months ago

wordsology in Brooklyn, New York said: Hawk, wordsology is a HE!

moh, i've never heard of this book. I'd search amazon.com for reviews before buying anything but there are some really great, well proven resources as Hawk has mentioned. My favorite were the Polansky review cards and Harr.

Oh, sorry about that. I assumed incorrectly and I apologize for this.
I think your site is becoming very popular.

29 months ago

ASDF77 in New York said: Everyone is saying that the ASCP exam is the hardest they have ever taken? Just wondering just how specific these questions can get...

Make sure to study disease states. If somehad said I have 1 week to prepare for the exam, what do I do? I would say this: get " bottome line approach, by Patsy Jarreau (horrible speller), learn disease states, make a sheet of questions most likely to appear on the exam and wordsology charts. I think one would do fine with just these resources. And, if you had to, you could probably cut out a bottom line approach; and still pass the exam

Trish in Bakersfield, California

28 months ago

SD in South Bend, Indiana said: Okay, so I'm really pissed at how the online ASCP practice exam ( www.ascp-practice.com/ ) that I just took was biased toward knowing random little facts and details about the most uncommon encountered organisms. It's almost as if they WANT you to do bad at it. Most of the questions I got wrong were facts that I had never come across. Such as at what intensity should a lamp in the biosafety hood be replaced. Or some inane piece of information on M.scrofulaceum. I just have to know for my own peace of mind, is the real ASCP exam equally random in its content? I mean, when you say it's difficult, is it difficult because of the problem solving involved or is it difficult because it asks you to recall a random little fact about an organism that is barely talked about in class? Help! I'm stressing out.

The whole test I took was all acute leukemia cells.. i would say 80% of the test. mind you i didn't pass! I thought these tests start off easy and progressively get harder NOT so in my case. It was hard from the first question on!

Kim Wiles in Lynchburg, Virginia

28 months ago

Smanandhar in Monroeville, Pennsylvania said: I have Clinical Laboratory Science review 4th edition a bottom line approach by Patsy and Clinical Laboratory Science Review 3rd ed. by Robert Harr for sale. Both like new. Used once.

If interested, email me at kathgal@gmail.com. Best offer accepted.

Do you still have Bottom Line Approach?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

hdeeb in Hamden, Connecticut

28 months ago

Hello,
I will have my ASCP exam next month and I am preparing for it using the ASCP BOC study guide (green book )and I came across the platelets aggregation curves,I am not sure how will we differentiate between different curves,i.e, if this curve represent the platelet aggregation in present of collagen, epinephrine or ADP or in case of patient has recently ingested aspirin which curve will represent it ????
I am really can't understand this concept, any advices??

ASDF77 in New York

28 months ago

SD in South Bend, Indiana said: Hi,

I'm preparing to take the ASCP MT exam in three weeks time and I am freaking out. I am relying on passing this exam inorder to process an H1 visa, and so I desperately need to pass the exam just in order for me to even stay in this country. Talk about pressure! I wish I had more time to study, but I dont. Has anyone taken the exam recently? Any study tips for me? At this stage, I figure it's impossible for me to sit down with big bulky textbooks and start reading them so I'm relying heavily on the Polanksy review cards to study...and the green ASCP book. Any other pointers, anyone? Do the practise tests available online for the ASCP help at all with the exam? HELP. I'd appreciate any comments or advice at all :(

How were the micro questions asked and how specific? Do they focus on biochemicals more or show you pictures of the tests and ask you what it is and to interpret?

Sandra in Gort, Ireland

28 months ago

Hi guys,
Ok Im planning to take the ASCPi exam in March. I have the green BOC book and have been taking the Labce tests online and have the Polansky cards. I find that the questions in the BOC book have random little crap facts that I've never even heard of, so the labce questions seem very easy in comparison. Am I under a false sense of security? Is the exam more similar to the BOC book or the Labce questions??? Eeeeks any help would be great!

Nada in Jacksonville, North Carolina

28 months ago

is anyone selling used BOC 5th edition, please.. I want to buy one?

28 months ago

Sandra in Gort, Ireland said: Hi guys,
Ok Im planning to take the ASCPi exam in March. I have the green BOC book and have been taking the Labce tests online and have the Polansky cards. I find that the questions in the BOC book have random little crap facts that I've never even heard of, so the labce questions seem very easy in comparison. Am I under a false sense of security? Is the exam more similar to the BOC book or the Labce questions??? Eeeeks any help would be great!

GOOD LUCK

28 months ago

Hello,
I still didn't get any answer regarding the platelet aggregation curves.
Anyone can explain it to me please.
THANK YOU in advance

2b in Brooklyn, New York

28 months ago

hdeeb in Hamden, Connecticut said: Hello,
I still didn't get any answer regarding the platelet aggregation curves.
Anyone can explain it to me please.
THANK YOU in advance

practical-haemostasis.com/Platelets/platelet_function_testing_lta.html

This will give you anything and everything about plt aggregation studies

28 months ago

2b in Brooklyn, New York said: practical-haemostasis.com/Platelets/platelet_function_testing_lta.html

This will give you anything and everything about plt aggregation studies

2b in Brooklyn, thanks alot. It seems like it explained very well in the link that you suggested ,I appreciated.
Thanks again

28 months ago

Hello, I have my bachelor degree in biology from Iraq in 2000,, is anybody know if i can apply for the ASCP MT exam?? I am living in US now and if i can what I need to do that??
Thanks for any information :)

28 months ago

Hello,,

Please anybody there can help me with the books if they are selling them??? Thank you

28 months ago

Alen in Jamaica, New York said: Divan, I took the National ASCP exam since I didn't want to be limited. However I was told it still automatically goes to New York State since it's equivalent if not, better than the New York ASCP exam anyhow since the only reason people would take the NY state version is if they came from a non-accredited NAACLS school. 475 or whichever score you got, it's okay pass/fail is all that matters because we all know how odd ball the questions can become during the test at certain points.

However, I am curious to see what my score was. Thanks, I will be looking out for it in the mail this week.

Hello Alen,, I know it ia an old message but I wonder if you can help me I am not from usa but living in usa now ,, and I am planing to take the medical technology ASCPi do you think the ASCP and The ASCPi use the same study materials or not?? and from where I can get them.
Thanks in advance
Nada
Thanks in advance

27 months ago

Hello there, I took my ASCP exam yesterday and I passed!!!
Now I am thinking to take another certification that's may support my situation in the career market, is there is any certification is required or preferable by employers?
Suggestions are highly welcomed.
Thank you and good luck for all.

Jake M in New York, New York

27 months ago

Hawk in Fresno, California said: Everything I listed is excellent for the exam, especially if you have little time to prepare.

A bottom line approach, wordsology, Harr is you want, and make go through all of the indeed comments related to ASCP exam and write down known exam questions.....even if the person says no your protein electrophoresis....than quickly memorize what the 5 main SPEP'look like. It only takes a few minutes.

When you find information that is known to be on the exam, it's like finding gold, because thats a piece of informaiton that has a high prpobabilty of being on the exam. I will tell you this: I made of a known exam sheet of over 100 questions from indeed and over 40% were on the exam.

One more thing, get to know disease states.

Thank you for your guidance.I am studying to take exam too but I want to prepared as much as possible.I followed your advice about getting known exam questions,however I'm only able to compile about 40 questions. Do you think you can forward me the question sheets you have?I'll appreciate that very much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

moh in Bronx, New York

27 months ago

hello gays ...my exam...in April ..im very nervous
i study form card flash polnsky ony chemistry and hematology and BOC 5th but it not same
i confuse now....

any body can write question if can rembaer
thank you

27 months ago

Hello moh,
I took the exam last friday and I remember:
how to differentiate between staphyloccus and micrococcus , what to do to differentiate between salmonella and citrobacter, moth ball toxication result in what in peripheral blood smear, i got a fungus image for alternaria, anti-smith antibodies associated with ENA found in?, crithidia luciliae image with flourecent spot and they asked for the disease related to this pattern ?, i got many study cases in microbiology and urinanalysis, what is element seen in urine after strenuous exercise, i got many cell panel in blood bank,they asked for anaerobic gram negative cocci , in what case troponin elevated with normal ck?, pick the most precise method by calculating the coefficient variance, question regarding essential thrompocythemia., an image for csf indicate hemorrhage., question regarding LAP score decrease in what condition?,
Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kevin in Placentia, California

27 months ago

Hello guys, just wondering if someone can help me out here? I have a B.S. Chem n been working as a lab tech but, i resign. Now i just want to know how can i get or apply for my limited license for chemistry? My transcript is already been send out to AARCO and WES for eval.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

MHRZHELL in QUEENSBURY, New York

27 months ago

hdeeb in Hamden, Connecticut, I will be taking my exam next week...im getting nervous....ur information is very much appreciated. And additional advices? what topic need to focus more? Microbiology is my weakest =( you can as well email me mhrzl_mt@yahoo.com....anyway CONGRATULATIONS for passing the exam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

evelyn in Chelmsford, Massachusetts

27 months ago

Hi Kevin just read your comment here inForum. Just want to ask something why do have to send your transcript to AACRO and WEST? Is it not enough to use one agency for you evaluation.I want also to take exam but i dont know how to start?Are you a filipino? can u email me and tell me how and what are the requirements.Here's my email add.
evelyn195864@yahoo.com.
thanks

27 months ago

MHRZHELL in QUEENSBURY, New York said: hdeeb in Hamden, Connecticut, I will be taking my exam next week...im getting nervous....ur information is very much appreciated. And additional advices? what topic need to focus more? Microbiology is my weakest =( you can as well email me mhrzl_mt@yahoo.com....anyway CONGRATULATIONS for passing the exam.

Thank you. I would say for microbiology you have to concentrate on biochemical reactions (the principle of each reaction and the positive reactions for each bacteria)because in exam they give you a study case with various biochemical reactions and you have to guess the bacteria and I advise you to focus on how to differentiate between the bacteria that have many things in common such the questions I gave you previously. And I have many question on ANA and different type of auto antibodies and you have to guess these related to which disease, like anti smooth muscle antibodies related to hepatitis and so on.
Study well and good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sandra in Gort, Ireland

27 months ago

Hey there good luck to everyone studying! My exam is tomorrow!!EEeeeekks god can't wait till it's over, hopefully I'll be posting that I passed tomorrow evening!
Anyways I'm sure someone else has already found these but the "sketchymicro.com" website is great for remembering the micro-organisms and some of their characteristics. They only have 3 videos out yet (and I'm also pretty sure that in the Kleb/Entero/Serratia video that Serratia is a NLF)but they are really good and helped me memorise certain biochemical tests etc!

Also to Nada, I know you posted like nearly a month ago, but all the books and cards, etc that people have posted about here are all available from Amazon.com so maybe look them up there. You can get some ok deals on second hand ones and if you're already in the US then the postage won't be as bad as posting to Ireland!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

Hello every body,
Please I have to get an answer for this questions:
What the difference between an ASCP and ASCLS? and if the one gain ASCP membership can he gain ASCLS membership automatically or he has to go through examination ?? what the benefit of each (ASCP & ASCLS)?
I will wait your valuable participation.
Thanks in advance.

Sandra in Gort, Ireland

27 months ago

Hey!
Woohooooo passed my ASCPi today!!God the relief, I was shaking when I pressed the End Review button and up popped the pass on the screen!
K here are a few of the questions I got, cant remember many:
Gardenerella vaginalis, what is added to the medium-human blood,
How do you measure the L/S in amniotic fluid- spec at 450nm,
What condition affects the usefulness of HbA1c concentrations- IDA or haemalytic anaemia, I got 3 ab panels, How to differentiate between citrobacter and salmomella, I got a few questions in micro fairly straight forward, biochemical reactions that identified Pseudomonas, Prevotella and Klebsiella. The Klebsiella one, I got a picture of the TSI tube and a few biochemical reactions. I also got a fluorescent picture with Crithidia luciliae cells, the answer was SLE, Which ANA pattern is associated with acute hepatitis infection.
I got at least 4 disease states about urinalysis, also a picture of bilirubin crystals and what their significance in urine is. Also if the reagent strip was positive for glucose and the tablet test was negative for glucose, whats the reason? I said that the tablet test is more sensitive. What is seen in alpha thalassemia, e.g. Hb D, HbH etc (cant really remember that one), I also got a dilution question, a corrected WBC calculation, compare the CV% of different methods to see which one was more precise. Also in blood bank if 4 units were needed how many units would the tech have to xmatch if there is 66% incidence of Jkb and 29% incidence of E (thats not the exact question but you know, something like that), What is cocaine broken down into, what is the linearity of a certain method- you are given the data and have to figure it out, what is the purpose of caffeine in the Diazo reaction, I only got 2 fungi questions and no parasitic questions, what is a CD4 T cells function- the options were cytotoxic, suppressor, inducer, I got a picture of a CSF smear and had to say what condition the patient had,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sandra in Gort, Ireland

27 months ago

Ok cant really remember many more,
One question was on dual beam spectro, one was on essential thrombocythemia, got a few on biochemistry reactions but nothing too tricky, calculation of LAP score and if eosinophils were seen when calculating the LAP score, should they be counted, there was also one about intravascular reactions and how it would affect Haptoglobin. That is all for now I'm afraid I might remember more later! But don't worry its all fine, I would definitely recommend the LabCe website though, I had a few questions today that I came across in the LabCe practise tests.

Phew!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

moh in Bronx, New York

27 months ago

hdeeb in Hamden.....thank you
iam very week in micro i hate it
how the exam all micro and QC or they chem.21 &hema 20% & etc..
if you rember
i told i study only chem.& hema. from polnsky cards
it is enguh

smanandhar in Monroeville, Pennsylvania

27 months ago

Any body willing to buy a bottom line approach by Patsy. Email me at kathgal@gmail.com

moh in Bronx, New York

27 months ago

i am nervous ..... my exam in wed.
forget every thing......

Hawk in California

27 months ago

moh in Bronx, New York said: i am nervous ..... my exam in wed.
forget every thing......

Okay, relax for a few hours and then start cramming.
Use A bottom line approach and wordsology website charts. do straight power memorization until Tuesday night.

Ignore the above if you feel that you have the knowledge, but are simply nervous because of a big exam. If this is the case, you need to relax and go exercise and stay away from the books.....go camping or something.

if you're nervous because you aren't prepared for the exam, please contiue with cramming method.

Good luck with your exam

26 months ago

Hello SD, Indiana,
I am planning to apply for visa screen certificate,but as I read in this forum I understand that even after having visa screen certificate I have to find an employer to provide me sponsorship!!! and that give me an indication that the visa screen certificate is useless since I tried hardly to find any sponsor but I couldn't and all recruiters talked to me they told me that the hospital they work with don't provide sponsorship.
so what is the benefit of having visa screen certificate and if I have t can I apply for an occupational visa by my self ?
please respond to me I am despair to have more information regarding what the next step following the visa screen certificate.
Thank you

26 months ago

Please any one know any information regarding the visa screen certificate and how to apply for an occupational visa through it share it with me

moh in Bronx, New York

26 months ago

thanks god.......i passed today ...the exam is very hard ...
MLS ascp it is very ..very hard
now how i can get liescne for new your

Page:  « First « Previous   44  45  46  47  48  49  50  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.