Preparing to take ASCP MT exam in three weeks time

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2451 to 2500 of 3522)
Page:  « First « Previous   47  48  49  50  51  52  53  Next »   Last »

Rachel in Arlington, Virginia

49 months ago

KarB in Saint Albans, New York said: 30. Why is albumin the first protein to be detected in tests for renal failure?
a. It’s molecular size is large
b. Its molecular size is smallest
c. It is very negatively charged.

Please add question you guys remember seeing on your exam or the forum.

Hi KarB,
Thank you very much for posting the questions. Those are very helpful and I appreciate very much for your kind effort.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

MTDT in Canton, Ohio

49 months ago

Congrats on passing your certification exam!!

Could you please send me your scanned copy to abraxas247@yahoo.com

Much Respect.
MTDT

dienstagsmaedle in Moraga, California

21 hours ago

Yes, I had a couple of bilirubin/urobilinogen in urine questions. And borader; liver disease states.

I also seemed to have more mycolgy than I had prepared for. But that's probably because I didn't prepare for it. :) Malassezia furfur was on there (that was kind of a gimmie, and someone else mentioned it).

A few protein electrophoresis questions. One molecular question regarding steps in PCR (denature, primers added to single DNA strands, mixed with heat stable polymerase).

Two Ab panels, and about 3-4 questions on typing discrepencies. Also three or so questions about component storage requirements (cryo following pooling, what to do if the patient has a radiology procedure that will end after the product(s) are expired (I said re-schedule the radiology procedure).

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

KarB in Saint Albans, New York

49 months ago

Hi Rachel if you need anymore help you can email me @ kakkidnic@yahoo.com

Rachel in Arlington, Virginia said: Hi KarB,
Thank you very much for posting the questions. Those are very helpful and I appreciate very much for your kind effort.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Prd in Durand, Michigan

49 months ago

So in the comment above they said the corr wbc question was out of 50 cells so wat part of the formula do u change to 50? The formula is number of wbcs x (100 / (nrbcs + 100)) im assuming its the nrbcs + 50 ? And keep the other 100? Thanks to neone who can help

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Teeyah in West Palm Beach, Florida

49 months ago

At Dienstagsmaedle could you please send me a copy of your questions I would greatly appreciate it my email is Tweetyo18@yahoo.com thank you in advance.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

evelyn195864 in Lawrence, Massachusetts

49 months ago

dienstagsmaedle in Moraga, California said: Yes, I had a couple of bilirubin/urobilinogen in urine questions. And borader; liver disease states.

I also seemed to have more mycolgy than I had prepared for. But that's probably because I didn't prepare for it. :) Malassezia furfur was on there (that was kind of a gimmie, and someone else mentioned it).

A few protein electrophoresis questions. One molecular question regarding steps in PCR (denature, primers added to single DNA strands, mixed with heat stable polymerase).

Two Ab panels, and about 3-4 questions on typing discrepencies. Also three or so questions about component storage requirements (cryo following pooling, what to do if the patient has a radiology procedure that will end after the product(s) are expired (I said re-schedule the radiology procedure).

Hi Dienstagsmaedle,conratulation for passing your exam.Been reading all your comment and its really help a lot giving some tips for those who are planning to take ASCP, like me..Its already 3 years of planning to take but i dont know where to start.Anyway if i can ask you a favor to email me to this email add evelyn195864@yahoo.com i would be very glad and appreciate it.
Just want to ask some question from you..
thank you very much and i hope you still reading the Forum continouslly
Evelyn

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

al in San Diego, California

49 months ago

Jen in Salem, Massachusetts said: Hi ,

I was wondering if you can email me a list of questions that you found from this forum. Thank you so much!

Hi, I'm reviewing for the cls ascp as well. Would you please email me the list also . I really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

al in San Diego, California

49 months ago

nmon in Bedminster, New Jersey said: Hawk in Fresno, California said: Everything I listed is excellent for the exam, especially if you have little time to prepare.

A bottom line approach, wordsology, Harr is you want, and make go through all of the indeed comments related to ASCP exam and write down known exam questions.....even if the person says no your protein electrophoresis....than quickly memorize what the 5 main SPEP'look like. It only takes a few minutes.

When you find information that is known to be on the exam, it's like finding gold, because thats a piece of informaiton that has a high prpobabilty of being on the exam. I will tell you this: I made of a known exam sheet of over 100 questions from indeed and over 40% were on the exam.

One more thing, get to know disease states.

Hi Hawk..can you please send me questions as well if you don't mind...thank you!

Hello hawk, asking for your help as well. I will be taking the cls ascp in 2 months . Thank you in advance!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

prd in Macomb, Michigan

49 months ago

just took ascp exam and passed ohhhhhh yaaaa. First I would say I studied for a month and about 2 weeks of that was hardcore b/c I didnt remember much and like everyone else thought I was failing halfway through.First for resources I have all 4 (Jarreau, BOR, Harr, and Polansky)Jarreau is the best hands down, followed by BOR book. Dont bother with Harr (he can go suck a fat one) or Polansky. Also I used the ASCP outline on their website for the micro part and diesnmagle notes they sent me from this forum helped alot. ALSO its good to know about alot of stuff to help rule out answers, I looked at each answer and tried to rule it in or out, I finished with 5 mins left tho! now ill just spill out everything I can. Some are repeats from others comments but they were right.Dont spend too much time on mycology,parasite,molecular,or immunology.If you have time I would do immuno then mycology. Urines and body fluids were useful to study tho.
Corr wbc count with 50 cells ( I changed it to wbc X 50 divided by (nRbcs + 100),
Blood bank discrepancies, panels, enzymes, what to do next, check freezer temp every 4 hrs!
ANA patterns, abs, diseases
conj and unconj bili, urobilinogen,inc and dec
coag inc and dec ptt,pt
cocaine metabolite, moth ball intoxication ( i guessed basophilic stippling still cant find it)
screw therap drugs and monitoring not useful
know which anemias are micro/macro/hypo/hyper, I calculated rbc indices to rule out answers.
question on lyme disease i forgot what it asked.
how to measure HDL (precipitate out other lipoproteins)
apoliprotein A is in what lipoprotein.
density of proteins in decreasing to ascending order I dunno what IDL is but I put it in between VLDL and LDL.
Normal total CK but increase in troponin in what? (got it down to unstable angina or acute M.I)
urine from catheter rapid analysis only need to setup which two plates for micro?
nitroprusside detects what?
gardn vag needs human blood
continue in next post

Reply - Report abuse

prd in Macomb, Michigan

49 months ago

c-reactive protein
guy is coughing, pnemoniae ruled out= bordatella
ersipelothrix and butchers
Reactions for enterobactericiae: know the main differential ones
morganella vs providencia =citrate
mycobacterium in tap water? gordonae
what stain to see the cells in the cast? i said oil red o only one that made sense
no cell markers, only molecular was pcr steps eaaaaasy
A1, A2 and anti- H
picture of dysmorphic rbcs and asked why (got it down to oxidizing drugs or antimalarial drug)
Listeria cold enrichment
c. dificile not reverse camp pos, its perfringens
one said strep b was neg on CAMP test w/ s. aureus, do what next (do biochem rxns for b or run CAMP with beta lysin s. aureus I chose this)
inc in pmns in bact mening, lymphs in viral
small qc zones b/c 1.0 mcfarland standard used
alpha thal has hgb H disease and barts
at end of protein electro which is closest to the cathode (gamma and beta)
asked about a csf electrophoresis showing anodal band to albumin (picked normal results)
lactic acidosis 2 questions, and how to measure it
know both diabetes and icto test more sensitive
after getting blood thru IV what do potass levels do? dec
which worm causes autoinfection
had 2 questions, one which increases/or falsley inc hgA1c and what decreased A1c (i think Hgb S is one of the answers)
high pH and something but what enzyme (Pagets was the answer b/c ALP (Alkaline pH)
met acidosis= diabetic ketoacidosis
excess edta causes
what hepatis ag/ab will make sure vaccination has occured
which dermatophyte has antler like pseudohyphae (wtf??) got this wrong
mucor has no rhizoids
strep a in glomerularnephritis
disease with bite cells or blister cells
monitor antithrobin3 with monitoring what
haha looking back over i feel like i got alot wrong but still passed. The more you know the more answers you can eliminate, also ask god for help.

Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

Hi PRD in Michigan,
Congrats for passing this exam. You might be very relief. Thanks for posting all those questions.
I would like to know which route you registered for taking the exam? For example, within 5 years after graduation or with work experience?
I graduated 7 years ago and I don't know which route I should register for.
Please advise me.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Prd in Macomb, Michigan

49 months ago

Rachel im not too sure about the routes i did a 4 yr degree then a ascp accredited internship then was eligible to take it. Talk to an advisor or live chat on the ascp website.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Prd in Macomb, Michigan

49 months ago

One more question i remembered that i was stuck on for a couple mins was a panel and it wanted to know which cells to use to rule in anti kell , you want one + and one - cell of antigens that show dosage

Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

PRD,
Thanks for the suggestion. I also finished 4 years MT program and internship. I know I am eligible to take the exam. I just want to know.. didn't you need to choose the route when you register ? Like Route 1, Route 2, etc..
If not, they might change the registration format. Anyway, I will check with them. Thanks again.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

abo+4 in Jersey City, New Jersey

49 months ago

prd in Macomb, Michigan said: c-reactive protein
guy is coughing, pnemoniae ruled out= bordatella
ersipelothrix and butchers
Reactions for enterobactericiae: know the main differential ones
morganella vs providencia =citrate
mycobacterium in tap water? gordonae
what stain to see the cells in the cast? i said oil red o only one that made sense
no cell markers, only molecular was pcr steps eaaaaasy
A1, A2 and anti- H
picture of dysmorphic rbcs and asked why (got it down to oxidizing drugs or antimalarial drug)
Listeria cold enrichment
c. dificile not reverse camp pos, its perfringens
one said strep b was neg on CAMP test w/ s. aureus, do what next (do biochem rxns for b or run CAMP with beta lysin s. aureus I chose this)
inc in pmns in bact mening, lymphs in viral
small qc zones b/c 1.0 mcfarland standard used
alpha thal has hgb H disease and barts
at end of protein electro which is closest to the cathode (gamma and beta)
asked about a csf electrophoresis showing anodal band to albumin (picked normal results)
lactic acidosis 2 questions, and how to measure it
know both diabetes and icto test more sensitive
after getting blood thru IV what do potass levels do? dec
which worm causes autoinfection
had 2 questions, one which increases/or falsley inc hgA1c and what decreased A1c (i think Hgb S is one of the answers)
high pH and something but what enzyme (Pagets was the answer b/c ALP (Alkaline pH)
met acidosis= diabetic ketoacidosis
excess edta causes

hi. congrats for passing, is it possible for you to forward your micro notes (churros133@gmail.com)? will be taking my ascp in 2 weeks. thanks.

Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

dienstagsmaedle in Moraga, California said: Hello -

I've been lurking on this forum for a little while, as I was preparing for the ASCP MLS exam, which I took today, and happily, passed. I wanted to write to echo what 'Hawk in Fresno' mentioned a while back about using this forum as a study guide in itself. I went through a good portion of the posts on this thread, and came up with a list six pages long of topics (and even some actual questions), from the recollections of people who recently took the exam.

This list was great - I'd say at least 1/2 (if not more) of what I encountered today was on this list. So, perhaps the current version of the test is made up of rearrangements of a finite number of validated questions and one might be wise to pay attention to recent 'actual questions'. They're pretty specific - like how cocaine is metabolized - I glanced at that as late as last evening , and there it was today, on the exam.

I'm happy to scan and email my list if you would like a copy - it's not pretty, but it seems to have helped.

hi. congrats for passing. would you ind emailing me also your scanned notes? (churros133@gmail.com) thanks

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Nmon in Bedminster, New Jersey

49 months ago

prd in Macomb, Michigan said

Also I used the ASCP outline on their website and diesnmagle notes they sent me from this forum helped alot.

Hi PRD in Michigan!

Congratulations for passing ASCP. Can you please email me your notes copy too. My email address is Nirmoni1030@gmail.com.Thank you.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

HLM in NY, New York

49 months ago

dienstagsmaedle in Moraga, California said: Hello -

I've been lurking on this forum for a little while, as I was preparing for the ASCP MLS exam, which I took today, and happily, passed. I wanted to write to echo what 'Hawk in Fresno' mentioned a while back about using this forum as a study guide in itself. I went through a good portion of the posts on this thread, and came up with a list six pages long of topics (and even some actual questions), from the recollections of people who recently took the exam.

Hi dienstagsmaedle. Congratulations for passing your ASCP MLS exam. :-) I am planning to take a CLT exam in two months. I would really appreciate it if you can please forward me the scanned copy of the notes you took. Thank you very much. My email address is babygee1981@yahoo.com I wish you the best of luck in your career. :-)

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

nil in Hickory, North Carolina

49 months ago

hey can u email me pleaseeee? id is nilam_labtech@yahoo.co.in

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

nil in Hickory, North Carolina

49 months ago

Nmon in Bedminster, New Jersey said: prd in Macomb, Michigan said

Also I used the ASCP outline on their website and diesnmagle notes they sent me from this forum helped alot.

Hi PRD in Michigan!

Congratulations for passing ASCP. Can you please email me your notes copy too. My email address is Nirmoni1030@gmail.com.Thank you.

hey can u email me pleaseeee? id is nilam_labtech@yahoo.co.in

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Prd in Ypsilanti, Michigan

49 months ago

I dont have micro notes i make flashcards but ill email you diensmagles notes, use those n my list of topics i posted. Ill email them when i get home if i remember

Reply - Report abuse

Teeyah in West Palm Beach, Florida

49 months ago

Prd congrats on passing the exam. Can you please send me a copy of your notes I would greatly appreciate it thank you again. My email address is TWEETYO18@YAHOO.COM thank you again.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

HLM in NY, New York

49 months ago

Prd in Ypsilanti, Michigan said: I dont have micro notes i make flashcards but ill email you diensmagles notes, use those n my list of topics i posted. Ill email them when i get home if i remember

Hello Prd. Congratulations for passing your exam. I hope you can send me a copy of the notes. My email address is babygee1981@yahoo.com Thank you so much. :-)

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

EricInChicago in Chicago Heights, Illinois

49 months ago

Hi, if someone could send me a copy of the notes as well, I would REALLY appreciate it. Working on studying to RETAKE my exam as well. Emarshall1977@gmail.com Thanks much!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

Prd in Ypsilanti, Michigan said: I dont have micro notes i make flashcards but ill email you diensmagles notes, use those n my list of topics i posted. Ill email them when i get home if i remember

thanks for replying Prd. hopefully you'll remember :D

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Gmanni in Fairfield, California

49 months ago

Congratulations!
Pls. Share those scanned copy with me as well. Really do appreciate it. Thank you so much in advance.

Evnoveras@yahoo.com

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

ryantresor in Buffalo, New York

49 months ago

Hi everybody,
I am gonna take the MLT(TECHNICIAN) NYS licensure in a few weeks.
could you please advice me? how to study? i have labce,flash review cards by Valerie P
and Robert Harr.but I am a little confuse.is anybody else going to take the same exam?or already took it? do we have the same questions as MLS exam?
please help me, I really need your answers.
Thank you,God bless u all.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

PRD,
Please send me diesnmagle notes to my email : rachelminbo@gmail.com
Appreciate you very much.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

prd in Macomb, Michigan

49 months ago

was just about to send them but looks like someone sent them out, if u still need them reply to this message

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

Hi PRD. I do want it.. Can you please send me at Nirmoni1030@gmail.com. Thanks

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

stellar in Roseville, California

49 months ago

prd in Macomb, Michigan said: was just about to send them but looks like someone sent them out, if u still need them reply to this message

I'll take them salisbury722@gmail.com

Reply - Report abuse

Al in San Diego, California

49 months ago

prd in Macomb, Michigan said: was just about to send them but looks like someone sent them out, if u still need them reply to this message

Hi PRD, please send it to me. Here's my email: alred_kolokoy@yahoo.com
Thank you much.

Al

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Tcyu in San Mateo, California

49 months ago

Hi PRD, would you mine sending it to tcyu21@gmail.com. I'm preparing to take the ASCP in two months time. Thanks a bunch!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

Do you mind sending it to evnoveras@yahoo.com.
Appreciate it so much. Thnx.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

Hi PRD,
I still need them. Please send them to rachelminbo@gmail.com
Thanks a lot.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Teeyah in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

49 months ago

Prd I am still in need of the notes can you please send them to me at tweetyo18@yahoo.com please thank you again.

Reply - Report abuse

isma in Phoenix, Arizona

48 months ago

Hi PRD,please send it to me here is my Email Iafgab@gmail.com

Thank you so much.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

isma in Phoenix, Arizona

48 months ago

PRD please send the notes to me my Email is iafgab@gmail.com thanks.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Same here please....share/send the notes to me as well. Thank you so much.
Evnoveras@yahoo.com

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

MLStobe in Vero Beach, Florida

48 months ago

I'm taking the MLS ASCP exam in 3 weeks would really appreciate it if you would send me a copy of the notes

bakelaurie@gmail.com

Thanks!!!

Reply - Report abuse

prd in Utica, Michigan

48 months ago

just sent them out a 3rd time, alot of ppl have them now so they can send them to you also.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

I have forwarded Denielle's notes to several email addresses. If somebody still needs it, please let me know.

Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Denielle and PRD,

Thank you very much for sharing the notes. I appreciate very much both of you guys.
Rachel

Reply - Report abuse

Lucky in Mount Vernon, New York

48 months ago

Can u please send it to me at sandorecousins@yahoo.com thank u

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

kgailw in Wisconsin

48 months ago

Rachel in Arlington, Virginia said: PRD,
Please send me diesnmagle notes to my email : rachelminbo@gmail.com
Appreciate you very much.

Can you send them to me please kwiles@chatmosscable.com. Thanks

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Denielle and PRD,

Thank you very much for sharing the notes. I appreciate very much both of you guys.
Rachel

Hi Rachel, can you please send me notes at Nirmoni1030@gmail.com. Thanks a lot!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

christine in Bellevue, Washington

48 months ago

Hi dienstagsmaedle. I would love to have copy your notes. i have my exam schedule in couple weeks now!! Plz help! thanks much!! dodo000@hotmail.com

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

christine in Bellevue, Washington

48 months ago

Nmon in Bedminster, New Jersey said: Denielle and PRD,

Rachel

Hi Rachel, can you please send me notes at Nirmoni1030@gmail.com. Thanks a lot!

Hi Nmon, could you forward me the Denielle ad PRD notes at dodo000@hotmail.com if its possible? I have my exam in couple of weeks now.. thank you so much!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

bliss120 in Dallas, Texas

48 months ago

pls send them to me too at this address-betsy.thomas@live.com

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Greg in Aptos, California

48 months ago

Please, send it to me as well. My email: gsteshen@yahoo.com

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   47  48  49  50  51  52  53  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.