Preparing to take ASCP MT exam in three weeks time

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2501 to 2550 of 3079)
Page:  « First « Previous   48  49  50  51  52  53  54  Next »   Last »

MLStobe in Vero Beach, Florida

16 months ago

prd in Macomb, Michigan said: was just about to send them but looks like someone sent them out, if u still need them reply to this message

I'm taking the MLS ASCP exam in 3 weeks would really appreciate it if you would send me a copy of the notes

bakelaurie@gmail.com

Thanks!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

prd in Utica, Michigan

16 months ago

just sent them out a 3rd time, alot of ppl have them now so they can send them to you also.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Rachel in Arlington, Virginia

16 months ago

I have forwarded Denielle's notes to several email addresses. If somebody still needs it, please let me know.

Rachel in Arlington, Virginia

16 months ago

Denielle and PRD,

Thank you very much for sharing the notes. I appreciate very much both of you guys.
Rachel

Lucky in Mount Vernon, New York

16 months ago

Can u please send it to me at sandorecousins@yahoo.com thank u

kgailw in Wisconsin

16 months ago

Rachel in Arlington, Virginia said: PRD,
Please send me diesnmagle notes to my email : rachelminbo@gmail.com
Appreciate you very much.

Can you send them to me please kwiles@chatmosscable.com. Thanks

Nmon in Bedminster, New Jersey

16 months ago

Denielle and PRD,

Thank you very much for sharing the notes. I appreciate very much both of you guys.
Rachel

Hi Rachel, can you please send me notes at Nirmoni1030@gmail.com. Thanks a lot!

christine in Bellevue, Washington

16 months ago

Hi dienstagsmaedle. I would love to have copy your notes. i have my exam schedule in couple weeks now!! Plz help! thanks much!! dodo000@hotmail.com

christine in Bellevue, Washington

16 months ago

Nmon in Bedminster, New Jersey said: Denielle and PRD,

Rachel

Hi Rachel, can you please send me notes at Nirmoni1030@gmail.com. Thanks a lot!

Hi Nmon, could you forward me the Denielle ad PRD notes at dodo000@hotmail.com if its possible? I have my exam in couple of weeks now.. thank you so much!

bliss120 in Dallas, Texas

16 months ago

prd in Macomb, Michigan said: was just about to send them but looks like someone sent them out, if u still need them reply to this message

pls send them to me too at this address-betsy.thomas@live.com

Greg in Aptos, California

16 months ago

Please, send it to me as well. My email: gsteshen@yahoo.com

jamaicah04 in California

16 months ago

Hi PRD and Denielle! Could you please send to me too the notes in my email jamaicah04@gmail.com. Thanks you

milugu in Ann Arbor, Michigan

16 months ago

Thanks for this forum. I finally PASS the exam. I failed three times!!!!! My suggestion will be collect all the questions in the forum and find the answers. Wordsology is very useful. Remember all the enterbacteriae reactions, blood panels. The most important thing is Do NOT change your ANSWER!!

Nmon in Bedminster, New Jersey

16 months ago

milugu in Ann Arbor, Michigan said: Thanks for this forum. I finally PASS the exam. I failed three times!!!!! My suggestion will be collect all the questions in the forum and find the answers. Wordsology is very useful. Remember all the enterbacteriae reactions, blood panels. The most important thing is Do NOT change your ANSWER!!

Hi Milugu.Congratulations for passing ASCP, so happy for you.I have question to ask you, can I please email you or you can email me at Nirmoni1030@gmail.com.Thanks.

Suvik in West Palm Beach, Florida

16 months ago

milugu in Ann Arbor, Michigan said: Thanks for this forum. I finally PASS the exam. I failed three times!!!!! My suggestion will be collect all the questions in the forum and find the answers. Wordsology is very useful. Remember all the enterbacteriae reactions, blood panels. The most important thing is Do NOT change your ANSWER!!

Can you remember any questions from the exam? Thanks!!!

nil in Hickory, North Carolina

16 months ago

hi congrets
can u guide me what books or notes did u use? n if u have any important note can u email me on nilam_labtech@yahoo.co.in

Stellar in Roseville, California

16 months ago

Took the exam and passed! Ahh, what a relief it's done! I highly recommend the flash cards by Polansky. If you study them you will be fine.

Gmanni in Fairfield, California

16 months ago

Congratulations Stellar! Can you still remember some of the questions? If so, do you mind sharing/posting it here for us if you get a chance.
Thanks in advance. ..we appreciate it much. :)

evnoveras@yahoo.com

milugu in Ann Arbor, Michigan

16 months ago

This is what I can remember

Why is albumin the first protein to be detected?
burn patient w Pseudomonas aeruginosa accompany with ? another bac
morganella vs providencia
how many bag blood to prepare platelet apheresis
PCR
alpha thalassemia with what Hb?
moth ball intoxication will see what in RBC
small qc zones b/c 1.0 mcfarland standard used
diabetes and icto test
measure HDL?
baby w RH+ O mom w Rh- O baby need transfusion what blood should give?
muscle dystrophy what enzyme increase
teardrop RBC what disease
anion Gap increase indicate what disease
blood gas use what tube/synringe to transport
CNS smear what condition
Corr wbc count with 50 cells
anaerobic bacteria
proteus,klebsiella rxn

BB guy is very useful. I also use hematology outline, polansky card and Harr book. Graduated 10 years and have two kids, failed many times... But finally PASSED. Remember all into your brain answer carefully and you will be fine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

AR4386 in Yonkers, New York

16 months ago

If you could please send me any notes and sample questions it would be a life safer. I take my test in 3 weeks and im super stressed! Adam7307@gmail.com

AR4386 in Yonkers, New York

16 months ago

Rachel in Arlington, Virginia said: I have forwarded Denielle's notes to several email addresses. If somebody still needs it, please let me know.

Please send me the notes Adam7307@gmail.com

Gmanni in Fairfield, California

16 months ago

Thank you so much milugu for those tips. That's a big help for us.
For those who are still passing please... share us those tips, Q n A that you remember from taking the exams...as We "future examinees" are looking forward for any updates.
We appreciate your time.

Thank you so much in advance to y'all.

Leen in New York, New York

16 months ago

ryantresor in Buffalo, New York said: thank you for your help.
do you think only these cards and labce are enough?do i need something else?
for the MLT EXAM?
thanks

Hey Ryan,
Did you take the exam already? I have to sit for NYS mlt exam also, so I was wondering if I can get some guidance from you.

16 months ago

Gmanni in Fairfield, California said: Congratulations Stellar! Can you still remember some of the questions? If so, do you mind sharing/posting it here for us if you get a chance.
Thanks in advance. ..we appreciate it much. :)

evnoveras@yahoo.com

I had a few that had to do with interpreting bili results and what is causing them
A question needing to interpret enzyme results
math calculation...something like, how many grams are needed to make a 3% solution of NaCL.
Calculate LDL
What would cause a false positive for protein on a UA test strip
What do you do if you see your coworker ...gosh I can't remember what my coworker was doing but it was a silly question. I chose tell my supervisor?
There were a few questions of interpreting lab results to determine which anemia
LDL is made up of mostly ?
which fat LDL, HDL, VLDL has the most cholesterol
glycosis has an end result of ?

That's all I can think of right now. I did a serious brain dump after I read the word "pass" on the screen. ...then had a few margaritas. As it comes back to me I will try to post more.

I don't have any score yet, but I will say the test felt easier than I was expecting. The questions from Robert Harr were easily ten times harder. Some of the questions were so basic I was stumped. Like, wait huh? I had to think because they were so basic. So know your little details.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

Leen in New York, New York said: Hey Ryan,
Did you take the exam already? I have to sit for NYS mlt exam also, so I was wondering if I can get some guidance from you.

The cards and labce are definitely enough to pass the exam.

CLSStudent2012 in California

16 months ago

I've seen a couple people on here post about moth ball intoxication coming up on their boards. I did a little digging and came up with the answer(Naphthalene is the main chemical compound used in moth balls):

"The most common toxic effect observed in the laboratory following oral ingestion or inhalation of naphthalene is hemolytic anemia, evidenced by a rapid decrease in hemoglobin and hematocrit levels, an elevated reticulocyte count and serum bilirubin level, and the presence of Heinz bodies on a peripheral blood smear."

www.turner-white.com/pdf/hp_nov02_danger.pdf

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

nil in Hickory, North Carolina

16 months ago

LabProfessional in New York said: I am taking exam coming Friday.
I will appreciate if you can e-mail me the scanned notes
my e-mail is abdulmughnee@hotmail.com
I wish you good luck.

This exam is very scary. The fear of failing makes it more scary. But I have made some cool pneumonics for micro, coag and chem.I will defintely make a website for future students If I pass.May God help me.

mail me please on nilam_labtech@yahoo.co.in

prd in Utica, Michigan

16 months ago

sent the notes out again, reply to this if u need them. also check out the questions i posted a couple pages ago and the questions above.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

prd in Utica, Michigan

16 months ago

LabProfessional in New York said: are you done with the exam?

yes

jamaicah04 in California

16 months ago

Hi Rachel and Paul,

Thanks alot. Thank you for your kind action. I recieved the notes. Truly, help and guide those test takers soon. More power to all!

Leen in New York, New York

16 months ago

Can someone please email me the notes as well... Guk9005@nyp.org
Thanks!!!

mae in Makati, Philippines

16 months ago

Rachel in Arlington, Virginia said: Hi PRD in Michigan,
Congrats for passing this exam. You might be very relief. Thanks for posting all those questions.
I would like to know which route you registered for taking the exam? For example, within 5 years after graduation or with work experience?
I graduated 7 years ago and I don't know which route I should register for.
Please advise me.

hi prd could you send me scan notes especially in micro...tnx alot i will be taking may exam next . may email add is mAe_jasmin0613@yahoo.com.tnx.

jas in Makati, Philippines

16 months ago

Rachel in Arlington, Virginia said: I have forwarded Denielle's notes to several email addresses. If somebody still needs it, please let me know.

could you forward also to me the denielle's note may email addis mae_jasmin0613@yahoo.com.tnx alotmay exam is next week. tnx alot

jewena in Bayside, New York

16 months ago

Hi guys, can someone please also send me the notes? jewena@gmail.com Thanks, greatly appreciated.

KarB in Saint Albans, New York

16 months ago

I can't believe you copied and paste all the questions I spent time typing out on your website without my permission. I am all for sharing but maybe you should went through all the the comments in the thread like I did and type the questions out yourself. You even put my extra notes. Wow.

16 months ago

Also maybe we would get one or two repeats on our exam...but if the exam board become aware that all these questions is out there on a website they probably going to change everything.

KarB in Saint Albans, New York said: I can't believe you copied and paste all the questions I spent time typing out on your website without my permission. I am all for sharing but maybe you should went through all the the comments in the thread like I did and type the questions out yourself. You even put my extra notes. Wow.

16 months ago

Yeah I know he director of Stony Brook is on the board of committee I took the review class there. It's no big deal buddy. It's not my questions it questions people remember and I just organize it. I will be taking my exam before next year.

16 months ago

I have he BOC book,Harr, A bottom line approach by Patsy Jarreau, The quick review flash for cards CLS, and Labce. I am sure some question will be repeated or will be familiar as questions from old exam or review book.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Zach G in Makati, Philippines

16 months ago

LabProfessional in New York said: A lot of this Questions I saw in the BOC...like Caffeine
metabolite of cocaine...if you read the BOC book carefully you will find almost all the Questions
when I took it 1 st time i was not prepeared at all and i thought its easy...but I got lots of uncommon Questions
Like how how do you calibrate Refractometer?
answer is Nacl + distilled water
when I came home I opened the BOC ...to my surprise I found almost 40 Questions exactly same copy paste from BOC in ASCP exam...
My Question is why woould they publish BOC with the Questions which will be in Actual exam...well they r not putting just 100 questions in BOC but like they have almost 3,000 Questions..if some one is smart they know he or she can remeber them or else its impossible for some one to remeber 3,000 Questions

My advice:
Go through instrument part in chemistry from BOC you will defintely get 5 Questions
same thing with Hematology, check under Laboratory Operations in Hematology section.
Do you have the BOC book? if you don't email me...I will send you copy in pdf format

Hi. I'm intersted in the BOC copy, kindly email me thanks, josephcasanares@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Prd in Utica, Michigan

16 months ago

Relax karbB were just tryin to help other ppl pass this bs exam, its hard enough without the notes

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Prd in Utica, Michigan

16 months ago

O ya the website looks sweet

fsadeghzade in Houston, Texas

16 months ago

LabProfessional in New York said: A lot of this Questions I saw in the BOC...like Caffeine
metabolite of cocaine...if you read the BOC book carefully you will find almost all the Questions
when I took it 1 st time i was not prepeared at all and i thought its easy...but I got lots of uncommon Questions
when I came home I opened the BOC ...to my surprise I found almost 40 Questions exactly same copy paste from BOC in ASCP exam...
My Question is why woould they publish BOC with the Questions which will be in Actual exam...well they r not putting just 100 questions in BOC but like they have almost 3,000 Questions..if some one is smart they know he or she can remeber them or else its impossible for some one to remeber 3,000 Questions

My advice:
Go through instrument part in chemistry from BOC you will defintely get 5 Questions
same thing with Hematology, check under Laboratory Operations in Hematology section.
Do you have the BOC book? if you don't email me...I will send you copy in pdf format

Hi. Would you please send me the bock? My email is fsadeghzade@gmail.com. Thanks

SMB in Portland, Oregon

16 months ago

Please email lab Notes to:

smblabtech@gmail.com

icebergCLS in Georgia

16 months ago

My advice:

My I have a copy sent to iceberg exchange@gmail.com. Many thanks.

SMB in Portland, Oregon

16 months ago

Thanks. With no disrespect meant, the layout (part1) is very... confusing!

Also, I don't recall seeing anything inthe BOC 5th edition mentioning "TP/TP+FN = ..." nor do I remember that from my MLT course (which I am just about to graduate from).

Anyway, I am just going over the BOC 5th edition and it distinguishes MLS from MLT relative questions.

SMB in Portland, Oregon

16 months ago

Okay so "The predictive value of a positive test is defined as" is on page 453 of the BOC 5th edition book and is for MLS (MT) level.

Also, I found the MLT section of the forum, so I apologize for posting in *this section*.

Thanks.

ryantresor in Buffalo, New York

16 months ago

Okay so "The predictive value of a positive test is defined as" is on page 453 of the BOC 5th edition book and is for MLS (MT) level.

Also, I found the MLT section of the forum, so I apologize for posting in *this section*.

Thanks.

does the MLT forum exist?
if yes may i have the name of the site?
thanks

DebTech in Westland, Michigan

16 months ago

I would like a pdf of the boc sent to abraxas247atyahoo.com Thanks

My advice:

joyous7

16 months ago

DebTech in Westland, Michigan said: I would like a pdf of the boc sent to abraxas247atyahoo.com Thanks

Hi there,

Could you please email me a copy of the BOC to:

joy7@aol.com

SMB in Portland, Oregon

16 months ago

LabProfessional in New York said: TP/TP + FN = sensitivity or pecificity?

The question is:
p 453, # 183

The predictive value of a positive test is defined as:
a)(TP + TN) / TP x 100
b)TP/(TP + TN) x 100
c)(TP + TN) / TN x 100
d)TN/(TN + FP) x 100

Answer B

Page:  « First « Previous   48  49  50  51  52  53  54  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.