Timeline for CSUDH CLS program

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

CLS applicant in Los Angeles, California

20 months ago

Hello, I have a few questions for those who are familiar wiith the CLS program for CSUDH.

I had an advisement session with the director, and she want me to take 2 semesters of classes before I am eligible to apply for the clinical portion. If I am done with those pre-reqs after Spring semester, when do I apply for the clinical portion? (The deadline for the clinical portion is Fall Semester and I am abit confused by that)

When will the interviews be? If we got accepted into the clinicals,when do we actually start? (Do we start in the Fall semester or next year?)

Any response will be appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

BOB in Long Beach, California

20 months ago

[QUOTE]If I am done with those pre-reqs after Spring semester, when do I apply for the clinical portion?
Lets say your talking about this Spring semester (Spring 2013). You would apply for the clinical portion Fall 2013.

[QUOTE} When will the interviews be? If we got accepted into the clinicals,when do we actually start? (Do we start in the Fall semester or next year?)
Interviews would be Spring 2014. If accepted, the clinical internship would begin the Fall 2014 (around July).

Regardless of how many classes you are required to take, you need to be at CSUDH for a minimum of 2 semesters (1 year) to be able to apply for clinical internship. In total, it takes 2 years minimum (1 year preclinical + 1 year internship) at CSUDH to get a CLS certificate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

CLS48 in California

20 months ago

Optimally it takes 2 years to finish. However, most students take 2.5 to 3 years. The reason is for your classes, sometimes classes get filled quickly with priorities given to those getting their masters degrees, etc. So it could take 1.5 to 2 years just to finish your prereqs before entering the internship year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MT111 in California

20 months ago

Protip: Med bact is the one class that I've been hearing about that is super impacted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.