florida license

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

lily rose in Evansville, Indiana

30 months ago

I am thinking of relocating to Florida. A girl I work with that just moved back to Indiana from Florida said that Florida has done away with Florida licensure two years ago. Is this true? I still see job opening in Florida stating Florida licensure required. Any information would be appreciated. Lily

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SurfLab in Gainesville, Florida

30 months ago

Florida still requires the Florida licensure.

anonnnmoyus in Brooklyn, New York

30 months ago

she probably means there's no more state exam, but the ASCP exam is still required.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

lily rose in Evansville, Indiana

29 months ago

Anyone out there who recently taken the florida licensure exam for medical technlogist, please let me know how hard it is? Is it really detailed questions that I have to memorize lots of information studying for the test.Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

If you are ASCP certified you don't have to take the exam.I applied for mine with my ASCP certification and got the Florida license. I think you have to take the HIV,Florida law and medical error education.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

I think they convalidate any National certification MT(ASCP)/MT(AMT)/MT(ABB).They require CE 2hrs. of Medical Error and 1hr.of HIV for initial license.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

flmikey1 in Oakland, Florida

25 months ago

lily rose in Evansville, Indiana said: Anyone out there who recently taken the florida licensure exam for medical technlogist, please let me know how hard it is? Is it really detailed questions that I have to memorize lots of information studying for the test.Thanks.

I took the AMT and AAB which are both recognized in Florida. If you did ok with the course work you will be fine. I only studied my class notes and I passed no problem. I took both tests last year so it was pretty recent.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mawoule in Pompano Beach, Florida

21 months ago

I am a licensed MT generalist in the State of Florida. I am in great need of finding a job offer. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Mawoule in Pompano Beach, Florida

21 months ago

lily rose in Evansville, Indiana said: I am thinking of relocating to Florida. A girl I work with that just moved back to Indiana from Florida said that Florida has done away with Florida licensure two years ago. Is this true? I still see job opening in Florida stating Florida licensure required. Any information would be appreciated. Lily

I am a licensed MT generalist in the State of Florida. I am in great need of finding a job offer. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.