pinoy MTs in US, discussion board naten ito.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 250)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

naida in London, United Kingdom

63 months ago

just read the merging NCA/ASCP news!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

MM in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

63 months ago

I need a full time job. Does anybody know any opening around north texas. I prefer to work the 7 days-on 7 days-off schedule.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

xpac in San Angelo, Texas

63 months ago

MM in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: I need a full time job. Does anybody know any opening around north texas. I prefer to work the 7 days-on 7 days-off schedule.

try mo abilene regional medical center.. i know they have openings for MT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

US has stopped given out visas to lab workers!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

blue21ph in Chino, California

62 months ago

. said: US has stopped given out visas to lab workers!

at .........! I completely doubt what you have just told us. You're completely giving out false pretense to the profession. Instead of boosting the morale of my fellow lab workers, you're completely shutting out our hopes!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Larry in Richardson, Texas

62 months ago

Yea the US has stopped, with this recession and more US students graduating, there is no need to give out Visa Screens.

Sorry tha is just reality.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

mari in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

61 months ago

you should get the clinical laboratory science review the bottomlinw approach na review book. thats pretty much what i used when i took the ascp and nca exam a year ago.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

*~* in Bothell, Washington

61 months ago

Good

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Naga, Philippines

60 months ago

Yeah, I know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Pining Garcia in West Anaheim, California

60 months ago

KLENG in Leesburg, Virginia said: ask ko lang 20 years na akong medtech but practicing in a different field of science, can i qualify if i will just submit my PRC number to take the ASCPi exam??

Yes Kleng. You are qualified to take the ASCPi exam. No worries....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

rigurat in Honolulu, Hawaii

59 months ago

I graduated at FEU-NRMF last year. I moved to Hawaii 3 months ago. I'm still unemployed. I'm gonna take the ASCP(i) soon. Since I'm already in the USA, do you guys know if it's the ASCP or ASCPi I should take?

I think it's ASCPi because I have all the documents it's asking for but I don't know what good that type of certification will give me in the United States. I'm a US citizen and I don't know if I still have to go through the VisaScreen process because I graduated from a school outside the USA.

The_priest in Kingfisher, Oklahoma

59 months ago

rigurat in Honolulu, Hawaii said: I graduated at FEU-NRMF last year. I moved to Hawaii 3 months ago. I'm still unemployed. I'm gonna take the ASCP(i) soon. Since I'm already in the USA, do you guys know if it's the ASCP or ASCPi I should take?

I think it's ASCPi because I have all the documents it's asking for but I don't know what good that type of certification will give me in the United States. I'm a US citizen and I don't know if I still have to go through the VisaScreen process because I graduated from a school outside the USA.

no , it doesn't necessary that you have to get the visa screen, since you have ur social security number you can find a job after you passed the certification exam either ASCPi or AMT .
For certification if u can get both then why not? and it depends on what state you plan to work, AMT or ASCPi will do. except NY and California that they required their own state licenses .

Mauigirl in Manila, Philippines

59 months ago

The_priest in Kingfisher, Oklahoma said: Pining to add it , i got position in texas for medtech and they wants Pinoy med tech, they wont hire local gusto nila international kasi ang pinoy med tech are just like commodities na pag imported maganda ang quality.
BTW im not a recruiter but i was able to help 4 MT from the philippines to get a job here in the US for free.

hi there!!! baka po you could help me find an employer sa US. I'm been working as a medtech for almost 4 years now in a reputable hospital in manila. I am AMT and ASCPi certified with a Visa Screen Certificate. I would really appreciate your help! =) Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

singck in Sampaloc, Philippines

59 months ago

The_priest in Kingfisher, Oklahoma said: Pining to add it , i got position in texas for medtech and they wants Pinoy med tech, they wont hire local gusto nila international kasi ang pinoy med tech are just like commodities na pag imported maganda ang quality.
BTW im not a recruiter but i was able to help 4 MT from the philippines to get a job here in the US for free.

hi! Are the positions for MTs in Texas taken? I already have certificates like ASCPi and VIsascreen, maybe you can help me find a job there in the US. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gene in Iloilo, Philippines

59 months ago

hi! i just passed ascpi..some of my co-workers told me that ASCPi is equivalent to CLS. Kung tama un..panu mgprocess ng papers? and where do i send it? i don't know what to do.. pleas help. thank u! another thing..para sa anu ung AABB and NCA? here's my email..genel_84@yahoo.com

hope someone can help..thanks again!:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

net in San Jose, California

59 months ago

Hi guys! anybody from San Jose, CA or nearby? I just passed ASCPi(MT) last month, while waiting for my license, Im planning to have some part time /full time job even as a lab. assistant here. anything so long as it is in laboratory. thanks!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

net in San Jose, California said: ...I just passed ASCPi(MT) last month, while waiting for my license, Im planning to have some part time /full time job even as a lab. assistant here...

How long does the license take to arrive?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Marilou Galindez in Davao, Philippines

59 months ago

Hello guys! I wanted to ask if I would pass the ASCPi, could I work in California? Thanks guys! I'm an AMT certified, but ive been applying for the U.S. for the past 2 years but I was not able to get an employer. Do I really need to take the ASCPi to widen my chance to work un the U.S.? thanks.. Hoping that somebody could help me. thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Damnbuilder in Los Angeles, California

59 months ago

Marilou Galindez in Davao, Philippines said: Hello guys! I wanted to ask if I would pass the ASCPi, could I work in California? Thanks guys! I'm an AMT certified, but ive been applying for the U.S. for the past 2 years but I was not able to get an employer. Do I really need to take the ASCPi to widen my chance to work un the U.S.? thanks.. Hoping that somebody could help me. thanks.

you can't work in california, since most employers here do not sponsor work visas. You also need a social security number when you apply for the CA license.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

The_priest

59 months ago

Stay in your country my fellow phillipinos, US is not given out visas bc there are plenty of US grads with their MT/CLS degree bc of the recession.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

marilou d. galindez in Davao, Philippines

58 months ago

Damnbuilder in Los Angeles, California said: you can't work in california, since most employers here do not sponsor work visas. You also need a social security number when you apply for the CA license.

thank you for the reply.
after passing the ascpi i will apply for CA license, It is stated in the ascp web site that ascpi would be the examinaton needed for me to get the california license. after having the california license, could there be a big chance to have work in CA if i go there as tourist? thanks!

58 months ago

rigurat in Honolulu, Hawaii said: How long does the license take to arrive?

I would like to ask what book did you use during your review for the ascpi? i am planning to take the test months after but i really need to know the reference book to study. thank you much2x.

58 months ago

net in San Jose, California said: Hi guys! anybody from San Jose, CA or nearby? I just passed ASCPi(MT) last month, while waiting for my license, Im planning to have some part time /full time job even as a lab. assistant here. anything so long as it is in laboratory. thanks!!!

hello, i would like to ask what book did you use to study for the ascpi? thank you.

58 months ago

marilou d. galindez in Davao, Philippines said: hello, i would like to ask what book did you use to study for the ascpi? thank you.

hi marilou i just focused on two books, BOR 5th ed(from ASCP) and Henry(which was discussed during review program.) =) God Bless!

58 months ago

rigurat in Honolulu, Hawaii said: How long does the license take to arrive?

i was informed that someone took like 8 months to get her license. I dont know. Im still on process. =) iLl let you know pag ok na,ayt>? =)

58 months ago

Hi guys!!! Anybody can be a help. Im asking from our university training verification to complete the requirements for CLS, will it come from school or hospital? Its not like a certificate of internship right? im kinda confused.PLS HELP.

ANGRYWOLF in Jackson, Tennessee

58 months ago

That's not very nice Belton.

I don't have any objection to people trying to better their lot.
It's not the fault of the foreign born techs anyway..that we are underpaid and underappreciated.

It comes down to doctors/physicians who don't believe what we do is very important/matters very much.

Damnbuilder in Los Angeles, California

58 months ago

marilou d. galindez in Davao, Philippines said: thank you for the reply.
after passing the ascpi i will apply for CA license, It is stated in the ascp web site that ascpi would be the examinaton needed for me to get the california license. after having the california license, could there be a big chance to have work in CA if i go there as tourist? thanks!

marilou d. galindez in Davao, Philippines said: thank you for the reply.

Im afraid not. When you pass your ASCPi. California state will require you to go through steps to be State Licensed. California only allows the ASCPi to be licensure exam for their state, if you pass it you dont automatically be state licensed coz you need to go through steps and part of that is requiring a social security number. Since you plan to come here as a tourist, you are not eligible to have one. You need to find an employer to file you an h-1b visa which in cali is a slim chance. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

Im searching for any job in the laboratory while waiting for my license. I dont have any experience yet so no one tries to call me back for job?pls help. I really want to work now in lab to familiarize myself that way when i got my license. its nt a big adjustment for me...God bless..

ANGRYWOLF in Jackson, Tennessee

58 months ago

net in San Jose, California said: Im searching for any job in the laboratory while waiting for my license. I dont have any experience yet so no one tries to call me back for job?pls help. I really want to work now in lab to familiarize myself that way when i got my license. its nt a big adjustment for me...God bless..

Some labs (core lab type setups and reference labs) here in the south have lab assistants who process/aliquot samples and process paperwork into the LIS.
You could get a job like that although the pay (generally) is only minimum wage)

Good luck.

deland70 in Apopka, Florida

58 months ago

Just came back from MLS(ASCP) exam and I passed it...The test is so hard. I am telling you. I got a lot of BB panels, more on Immunology, one question about QC etc. I did not even know if I would pass the exam or not...Thank God I did...Its really about analysis and interpretations of results...The only question that I remember is what fire extinguisher that we use for electrical fire.. I choose C. I did not really paid attention to these minor topics cuz I thought they will not come out in the exam. So, expect the unexpected. My advice is to read,read,read a lot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

It's not possible for us to take the MLS(ASCP) exam right? Because we didn't do any USA education or training.

But we can take the MT(ASCPi) exam.

Anyway is the ASCPi certification the same as the ASCP one? Becauase it seems no one is considering my application with ASCPi certification.

54 months ago

ajaysoni59 in Scarborough, Trinidad and Tobago said: I just passed ASCPi, I am an Indian national, in Lab profession since 10 years.Presently working in a Govt. Hospital in Trinidad & Tobago (W.I.) as Supervisor.
I am looking to get a job in any state in US, can some one give me the idea what should I do.

It's easier if you choose a state that doesn't require a license to work as a MedTech, it will make things easier. Browse the ASCP website, the list is there. In those state, most qualifications for the job is a BS in MT, and ASCP certification. When you decide on your state and neighborhood of choice I suggest you browse the websites of hospitals and labs in the area to see the detailed qualifications for jobs you want.

riotgrrl in Huntington Beach, California

50 months ago

gheniebib in Winnetka, California said: hi Im a fresh Medtech grad from the phlippines and just migrated here in Ca. Im wondering if anybody could help me with the certification exam procedure here cause im confused.. I dont knw where to start.. Iba iba po kc ung procedure na sinasbi sakin. pls help!

Do you have lab experience in the US? if not, then you should take the ASCPi route. You need to provide them with your PRC #. When you pass the test, then you can apply for a license with Laboratory Field Service in California.

gheniebib in Winnetka, California

50 months ago

riotgrrl in Huntington Beach, California said: Do you have lab experience in the US? if not, then you should take the ASCPi route. You need to provide them with your PRC #. When you pass the test, then you can apply for a license with Laboratory Field Service in California.

Is laboratory assistant considered as lab experience? and for how long? I cnt take the ASCPi route because i wasnt able to take the local board..thank you now i knw what to do... and BTW do you knw any review center for CLS here in CA? tnx

robert j thomas in London, United Kingdom

49 months ago

did you know that the medical qualifications of U S medical doctors are not recognised by the general medical council or the british medical association i have e mail confermation of this from acting minister for health Andrew r t davis Walsh assembly goverment considering the wars being fought in afganistan and iraq i a british troop ends up in a U S hospital coming home the doctors that may have saved his or hers life will be looked upon as unqualified yours truthfully robert

ecmaddox in Ashland, Alabama

49 months ago

Larry in Richardson, Texas said: Yea the US has stopped, with this recession and more US students graduating, there is no need to give out Visa Screens.

Sorry tha is just reality.

I'm glad they're doing that.. I'm a Filipino and I am a permanent resident here in the US but I can't get a med tech job because most positions are being filled by people from outside the country which really pisses me off. They should give people who are already actually living in the US more chances to get jobs!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

The_priest said: Stay in your country my fellow phillipinos, US is not given out visas bc there are plenty of US grads with their MT/CLS degree bc of the recession.

Indeed! You are lucky to have jobs in the Philippines. I am a Filipino in the US. I'm a registered med tech in the PI and I just got my doctor of medicine degree there too but since I moved here, I can't seem to get a job.. No one wants to hire me!!!!!!!! aaaaaaaaaaaa!

49 months ago

rigurat in Honolulu, Hawaii said: It's not possible for us to take the MLS(ASCP) exam right? Because we didn't do any USA education or training.

But we can take the MT(ASCPi) exam.

Anyway is the ASCPi certification the same as the ASCP one? Becauase it seems no one is considering my application with ASCPi certification.

I don't think you're not being considered because of your certification. I think it's because there's so much job shortage that they can easily find someone more qualified and experienced. I have a similar problem.. I am highly educated but don't have work experience so no one wants to hire me,

49 months ago

ecmaddox in Ashland, Alabama said: I'm glad they're doing that.. I'm a Filipino and I am a permanent resident here in the US but I can't get a med tech job because most positions are being filled by people from outside the country which really pisses me off. They should give people who are already actually living in the US more chances to get jobs!

i dont think that you should be thanking people who you really dont know. If you cant get a job and somebody from abroad was getting hired instead of you, then my friend I guess theres something wrong. Perhaps you should reevaluate your credentials. If youre not getting hired, its not the fault of the people from "other" country as you have said to filled in the position. Perhaps they are most qualified than you. Im not saying youre not because as you have said you are an MD.

49 months ago

blue21ph in Chino, California said: i dont think that you should be thanking people who you really dont know. If you cant get a job and somebody from abroad was getting hired instead of you, then my friend I guess theres something wrong. Perhaps you should reevaluate your credentials. If youre not getting hired, its not the fault of the people from "other" country as you have said to filled in the position. Perhaps they are most qualified than you. Im not saying youre not because as you have said you are an MD.

Maybe they don't want to hire me because I don't have work experience and they think I'm overqualified or want more money because I have an MD? How can someone here get experience if people don't give them a chance though? Oh well, I guess I'm doomed! But I really do think they should give US residents more opportunities in order to help the economy here overall.. Personal opinion!

49 months ago

blue21ph in Chino, California said: i dont think that you should be thanking people who you really dont know. If you cant get a job and somebody from abroad was getting hired instead of you, then my friend I guess theres something wrong. Perhaps you should reevaluate your credentials. If youre not getting hired, its not the fault of the people from "other" country as you have said to filled in the position. Perhaps they are most qualified than you. Im not saying youre not because as you have said you are an MD.

I guess I'm being offensive to other International MTs who want to get a job in the US.. I'm sorry : )

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

ecmaddox in Ashland, Alabama said: I guess I'm being offensive to other International MTs who want to get a job in the US.. I'm sorry : )

No offense. I also came from PI with no experience here as a CLS. Competition in CA is stiff compaired to other states. Just tell them that you are willing to be trained. I got my bachelor in 94 then took med in 95. Had my residency training and became a consultant. But that didnt become an obstacle in the hiring process. I never had any experience handling machines this big in the lab but im getting used to it now. Perseverance Is the only thing that I can advice you.

49 months ago

blue21ph in Chino, California said: No offense. I also came from PI with no experience here as a CLS. Competition in CA is stiff compaired to other states. Just tell them that you are willing to be trained. I got my bachelor in 94 then took med in 95. Had my residency training and became a consultant. But that didnt become an obstacle in the hiring process. I never had any experience handling machines this big in the lab but im getting used to it now. Perseverance Is the only thing that I can advice you.

Wow! I thought I'd never find someone with a similar experience hehe.. You're a doctor too but are working as a med tech? It's just really frustrating coz I feel like I've wasted time and money going to school because no one wants to hire me. I'm just used to being the best at what I do and being at the top of the pack when I was in Cebu but now I feel like I'm crap hahaha! Perseverance is really something I need to work on..

49 months ago

troy in Glennville, Georgia said: hey blue21, i just got my CLS license..just wanted to ask if may hiring kayo ngayon na willing to sponsor me for H1B visa...thank you.

hello! i'm just wondering.. you're a med tech too right? did you get your degree in the Philippines? moved to the US? why do you need a working visa?

49 months ago

troy in Glennville, Georgia said: i came here in the US on H1B visa..hindi pa ako immigrant that is why kailangan ko ang sponsor..

you need another employer to sponsor your visa?

troy in Glennville, Georgia

49 months ago

ecmaddox in Ashland, Alabama said: you need another employer to sponsor your visa?

yes, i want to transfer to another company so need mo another visa.

49 months ago

troy in Glennville, Georgia said: i came here in the US on H1B visa..hindi pa ako immigrant that is why kailangan ko ang sponsor..

you want to transfer? can i have your job? i don't need a visa.. just a job hehehe!

49 months ago

troy in Glennville, Georgia said: bakit ka nahirapan maghanap nang work as tech eh may visa ka na?maliit lang pa sweldo dito sa amin.hehehe

i'm in alabama now hehe.. and it's hard for me to get a job because I don't have work experience hehe.. i just graduated from med school in the Philippines but I want to pursue my med tech career here in the US instead. I don't want to deal with the stress of being a doctor anymore!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

troy in Glennville, Georgia

49 months ago

ecmaddox in Ashland, Alabama said: i'm in alabama now hehe.. and it's hard for me to get a job because I don't have work experience hehe.. i just graduated from med school in the Philippines but I want to pursue my med tech career here in the US instead. I don't want to deal with the stress of being a doctor anymore!

try to submit resumes on other states.re you willing to relocate?

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.