How would I job shadow a hospital lab?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

sara in Vero Beach, Florida

10 months ago

I want to be a medical technologist (clinical lab scientist) but Im not sure how to shadow one. Do I just call the lab? Arent they too busy for someone like me to watch them do work? I will apply to volunteer at the hospital, maybe I can ask then?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

VT in Cape Girardeau, Missouri

10 months ago

sara in Vero Beach, Florida said: I want to be a medical technologist (clinical lab scientist) but Im not sure how to shadow one. Do I just call the lab? Arent they too busy for someone like me to watch them do work? I will apply to volunteer at the hospital, maybe I can ask then?

Are you part of a MT program? If you want to job shadow an MT you need to go on the hospital's website and look for the phone number to the main laboratory. Ask to transfer your call to the laboratory director. But usually, they are never around. So ask if you can get their email address. And tell them you want to shadow.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

HOPE in Savannah, Georgia

10 months ago

I have degree in Biochem and have been out of filed for 3 yrs n now trying to go back..i was thinking for applying for MT program but i wanna know more about the real MT jobs n everyday task..n i would like to shadow someone but its very hard to get into hospital unless you know someone and i moved here 2yrs ago n dont know that many ppl yet...
well i have worked for pharmacy tech for 4yrs so i love organic chem if not MT i m ready to apply for pharm school only problem is i m ready to have family n 4yrs in pharm school not gonna make that happen bc i have to be very dedicated to pharm school...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.