Are the Career Step Medical Transcription courses hard?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

bchfmly in Foley, Alabama

71 months ago

I just enrolled at CS to take their MT courses. I heard you have to pretty much graduate with "high honors" to be able to find a job once you've graduated. How hard are the courses?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

MedTranHome in Yorba Linda, California

71 months ago

If you did well in English and science in school, you may not find MT training to be terribly difficult. Once you figure out how the words are put together, medical terminology really isn't that bad...it just looks hard. LOL

Also, if you have good computer skills, that will help a lot. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Theresa in Charlotte, North Carolina

66 months ago

If you can spell, read, put together sentences, have some good computer skills, and work hard, you can do this. If you aren't motivated, though, don't bother. It will take some determination and perseverance. I graduated recently and I have some real possibilities for employment coming at me!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

momto10cats in Huntersville, North Carolina

65 months ago

I also graduated from CS and have found employment. I was an honor grad, but I really don't think that had anything to do with my finding a job. I'm pretty sure it has everything to do with how well you do on that particular company's own employment test. CS isn't easy, but it's worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Theresa in Merrillville, Indiana

63 months ago

Ive been researching this field for months. I'd love to be a SAHM and would love a career, not a job. I know it'll take dicipline to complete the course but I know i can do it ... Im just scared there will be no jobs when I graduate! .. reviews are so mixed that I see. Im thinking of going to Career Step... I need to make a decision and stop "sitting on the fence"!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kbodell in Sandy, Utah

53 months ago

Theresa in Merrillville, Indiana said: Ive been researching this field for months. I'd love to be a SAHM and would love a career, not a job. I know it'll take dicipline to complete the course but I know i can do it ... Im just scared there will be no jobs when I graduate! .. reviews are so mixed that I see. Im thinking of going to Career Step... I need to make a decision and stop "sitting on the fence"!

Carrer Step is awesome! I just graduted from there and the course was hard but like they said, with determination and will power you can do it. I think they have the best course out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jenine in Las Vegas, Nevada

53 months ago

the course is easy up until you get to the actual transcription portion of the course.. my very first report was full of ORANGE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

tyco in Las Vegas, Nevada

53 months ago

bchfmly in Foley, Alabama said: I just enrolled at CS to take their MT courses. I heard you have to pretty much graduate with "high honors" to be able to find a job once you've graduated. How hard are the courses?

Very hard. But if you put your mind to it you can do it. They are very difficult. I have taken A&P courses, Pathophysiology and Pharmacology at the college level before and I have found this program to be very good but very difficult as well. Be ready to work hard.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Amanda in Springville, Utah

46 months ago

The Career Step course is rigorous and very in-depth but it really prepares you for the job of a medical transcriptionist. There is a LOT of dictation to go through but it is excellent practice. It is real doctor dictation so you don't train with someone who speaks slowly and pronounces every word perfectly. No one really talks that way- especially doctors who are in a hurry. No- you don't have to graduate with high honors to get a job. Career Step partners with many medical transcription companies- some of which only hire their graduates. So there are job opportunities there. Plus Career Step offers graduate assistance after you graduate which includes
•Personal consultation with an employment advisor
•Access to employment and referral directories
Contracts and pricing guide
•Personalized interview tutorials and training
•Individual resume and sales letter review, tips, and advice
•Access to Career Step's help hotline for a full year after graduation

If you haven't already, check out their course demo careerstep.com/demo/?uid=ref11431 There you can see what their course is like, how it would be taking an online course as well as some of the subjects their course covers. I found the demo to be very beneficial because you can look at it before you enroll.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

tyco

46 months ago

Hello,

I am in this program. I want to know if you graduated from the program and if you found work right away. The statistics seem really grim. I have been working on this for a long time I am working on basic acute care files now and I want to tell you that you are right about them This program is not easy by any means.

I get discouraged but for some reason I just cannot quit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Karen - RCJPS Mgr in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

46 months ago

We are now hiring Medical Transcriptionist please email atjobs@sbcglobal.net for more details with your resume and availability.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sandra111 in San Diego

45 months ago

I also graduated from Career Step. It is very intense and found empoyment right away. A website that helped me out a lot was www.mtinformation.com - check it out. They have a section on how to make your resume look good for newbies. They also have helpful information on where to look for employment. Check it out. www.mtinformation.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mrs. Monty in Paso Robles, California

37 months ago

Hello,

I am thinking about enrolling in the medical transcription program at Career Step. I just wanted to hear from someone who has finished or is enrolled in this program now. How is it? and did you get help with job placement afterward? Any information or comments about the Career Step program would really help me with my decision. Thank you so much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.