Employment

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 82)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Iris Washington-Cooper in Columbia, Maryland

67 months ago

Recent graduate from At-Home Professions medical transcription school. I completed the course in August 2008, and I am still unable to find employment because of lack of experience. Do you know who is hiring transcriptionist students fresh out of school?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (51) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Iris Washington-Cooper in Annapolis, Maryland

65 months ago

Prospects for finding a job in this field are not good. I finished in August and I still don't have a job. There are plenty of positions out there, but they all want transcriptionists with experience. I wish I had known this before I put up money for training. Good Luck to you when you complete the course. Let me know if you find a job.

Iris Washington-Cooper
iawc0718@verizon.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

WLS

65 months ago

Return it and put your money towards one if the AHDI-approved schools. At Home Professionals will not prepare you well for this career and few companies will hire their grads.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Return within 7 days. I completed the course in August and I still don't have a job. Employers are not hiring if you don't have previous experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Linda in Huntersville, NC in Davidson, North Carolina

64 months ago

I graduated from Career Step -- an on-line school -- and found a fantastic job. It's a great school. I work from home, too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lilbrick in Salt Lake City, Utah

64 months ago

Linda in Huntersville, NC in Davidson, North Carolina said: I graduated from Career Step an on-line school -- and found a fantastic job. It's a great school. I work from home, too.

Where did you get a job? Isit an at home position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Linda in Huntersville, NC in Marietta, Georgia

64 months ago

lilbrick in Salt Lake City, Utah said: Where did you get a job? Isit an at home position?

I live in NC and the company I work for is in Atlanta, GA. Yes, I work from home. I work from 3-11pm Tuesday through Saturday.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

lilbrick in West Jordan, Utah

64 months ago

Do they employee people all over in different states? Do they require previous experience or have you pass a test? Would it be possible to get the name of the company and there website? I can give you my e-mail if you don't want to post it here.

momto10cats in Huntersville, North Carolina

64 months ago

lilbrick in West Jordan, Utah said: Do they employee people all over in different states? Do they require previous experience or have you pass a test? Would it be possible to get the name of the company and there website? I can give you my e-mail if you don't want to post it here.

You can live anywhere in the U.S. You also have to pass a couple of tests. I really don't want to post their name, but I can send it to your email address.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tueke in Frazee, Minnesota

64 months ago

I have also recently graduated from At-home professions and I am having a hard time finding a job is there anyway I would be able to get the website of this company or any others that anyone knows of that hire new MTs?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

send me an email. I'll give you a list of companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

tueke in Lake Park, Minnesota

64 months ago

This is my first time on this message board. So I'm not sure where do I find what your e-mail address is? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lilbrick in WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah

64 months ago

momto10cats in Huntersville, North Carolina said: You can live anywhere in the U.S. You also have to pass a couple of tests. I really don't want to post their name, but I can send it to your email address.

I am not sure how to give my email without posting it for everyone to see. Do you know how?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Linda in Huntersville, NC in Marietta, Georgia said: I live in NC and the company I work for is in Atlanta, GA. Yes, I work from home. I work from 3-11pm Tuesday through Saturday.

Do they employee people all over in different states? Do they require previous experience or have you pass a test? Would it be possible to get the name of the company and there website? I can give you my e-mail if you don't want to post it here. How do you email people from this site without posting it for everyone to see?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tueke in Lake Park, Minnesota

64 months ago

I'm not sure how to get an e-mail address without posting it.

64 months ago

Thank you so much for all the information. It will really help.
Do you know if they all require experience. I am just completing my courses with Penn Foster. I don't have any on the job experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Even if you don't have experience, test with the company anyway. You never know when they will have an entry level opening. Or they may waive the 2-year experience requirement. Also, about 10 days after you test or apply, make sure you send a followup letter. Remember TEST, TEST, TEST. It never hurts, and it's great experience and practice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

momto10cats in Huntersville, North Carolina said: Even if you don't have experience, test with the company anyway. You never know when they will have an entry level opening. Or they may waive the 2-year experience requirement. Also, about 10 days after you test or apply, make sure you send a followup letter. Remember TEST, TEST, TEST. It never hurts, and it's great experience and practice.

Thats great advice. Thanks again.

MelissaW in West Jordan, Utah

63 months ago

Linda in Huntersville, NC in Marietta, Georgia said: I live in NC and the company I work for is in Atlanta, GA. Yes, I work from home. I work from 3-11pm Tuesday through Saturday.

Would you mind emailing me the company name as well? I'm a graduate of The College Of Legal Arts in Portland, OR, and am looking for a transcription job. lissieinthesky [at] gmail [dot] com. Thanks!

63 months ago

Would you please email the name of the company. I am a graduate of At-Home Professions. I completed a course in medical transcription and I am seeking employment in that field. Thanks in advance for any assistance that you can give.

63 months ago

momto10cats in Huntersville, North Carolina said: send me an email. I'll give you a list of companies.

Please send me a list of companies that might be hiring medical transcriptionists.
Thanks,
iawc0718@verizon.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

tueke in Frazee, Minnesota

63 months ago

Wow what a pain I am having getting work as a Medical Transcription I graduated from At-Home Professions applied at every place on the list here and I still can't even get so much as an interview. I have a place called Gateway Business Support offering a work at home position, not medical transcription. Has anyone heard of this company. It is a debt collection place. I am soooo frustrated. What is real and fake, how do you get a job doing medical transcription with no experience. What a pain. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREAT.

Leesa in Albuquerque, New Mexico

61 months ago

Iris Washington-Cooper in Annapolis, Maryland said: Prospects for finding a job in this field are not good. I finished in August and I still don't have a job. There are plenty of positions out there, but they all want transcriptionists with experience. I wish I had known this before I put up money for training. Good Luck to you when you complete the course. Let me know if you find a job.

Iris Washington-Cooper
iawc0718@verizon.net

I sat through the seminar and they said that with the education you get that is your experience and that with it being the equivalent of 31 college credit hours and hands on that it stood for 2 years experience and that most get a job within 2 weeks. I am researching them know for any faults. Anything you can say is helpful. Leesa

melissal in Alamogordo, New Mexico

61 months ago

I am so glad that I found this blog. I am currently a student of CareerStep. I have found hope in knowing that this school is definitely a good choice!! Thank you all sooooo much!!

michelle ca in Missouri

60 months ago

Looking for MT job from home. Recently graduated from At-Home Professions as I see others have. Every job posting I find wants you to have on the job experience or apply to a school they suggest. I have applied to many job postings and I am not getting anywhere. I have a degree in Radiology and have worked as a Medical Biller/Coder for 3 years. Any information would be appreciated.

Nichole Johnston in Saucier, Mississippi

59 months ago

I am fixing to complete the Medical transcription course at Career Step, and I am going to be looking for a job based out of my home, hopefully. If anyone has any job opening lists or websites please let me know. Thank you very much for any information given.

Jeanne in Plymouth, Massachusetts

58 months ago

Linda in Huntersville, NC in Davidson, North Carolina said: I graduated from Career Step -- an on-line school -- and found a fantastic job. It's a great school. I work from home, too.

Good morning! I graduated from Career Step recently as well. I was curious where you found employment?
Thanks!
Jeanne

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Louisiana in Gonzales, Louisiana

58 months ago

I, too, just graduated from Career Step with honors two weeks ago. I'm looking for a job as well. :)

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

58 months ago

Folks, there is no such thing as graduating "with honors" in a lot of fields. "With honors" is for Bachelor's and Master's degrees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Nina Lauria in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

58 months ago

Linda in Huntersville, NC in Davidson, North Carolina said: I graduated from Career Step -- an on-line school -- and found a fantastic job. It's a great school. I work from home, too.

Hi Linda, I am doing some research on some medical transcription schools and I becoming a little cautious about which one to choose. I have spoken with career-step and like what they say, but I am still not sure. Your comments in this forum were really helpful. A lot of these people are saying they are having a hard time finding a job, and you are not the case. What is it that you did so different from everyone else! Do you have prior experience in the medical field, or what? I really would like to do this course, but I do not want to waste my time, I am 41 years old and have my own business, so I want to do this right. If you would not mind just e-mailing me back and let me know what you did so different to find a job, and what made you pick career step for your course.

Thank you,

Nina Lauria

58 months ago

Graduating with honors might not mean anything to you or to some transcription companies Mary, but it does account for something with companies affiliated with Career Step or are familiar with their coursework. Every little bit helps and if telling people that I graduated CS program with honors helps me to get a job or helps me to get noticed then I'm going to put it out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

iawc0718@verizon.net in Columbia, Maryland

56 months ago

momto10cats in Huntersville, North Carolina said: You can live anywhere in the U.S. You also have to pass a couple of tests. I really don't want to post their name, but I can send it to your email address.

I completed At-Home Professions last August and I am still looking for a position. Would you send me the name of the company that is hiring.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Just google "entry level medical transcriptionist" or "entry level medical transcription" and start applying and testing. There are hundreds of companies who are willing to hire new graduates, you just have to look. Get up every morning and treat job hunting as your job. Look and apply all day long. Someone will hire you if you're persistent enough. Good luck to all!

iawc0718@verizon.net in Columbia, Maryland

49 months ago

Thanks for the info about MedQuist. I tested for them twice, but I wasn,t successful. They require 98% accuracy. I couldn't get any higher than 95%;however, I will try again. I might get lucky. Is your company hiring? I'mjust looking for part-time.

Michelle in Gonzales, Louisiana

49 months ago

I don't know if my company is hiring or not.

I'm sorry to hear that things didn't work out with MedQuist.

archie in Davao, Philippines

49 months ago

Iris Washington-Cooper in Columbia, Maryland said: Recent graduate from At-Home Professions medical transcription school. I completed the course in August 2008, and I am still unable to find employment because of lack of experience. Do you know who is hiring transcriptionist students fresh out of school?

hi! im archie, i just graduated last march 2009,BS in Nursing and still don't have a job. i want to try being a medical transcriptionist, if you may7 send me of you can recommend some MT companies it could help me to find a job:)

archie in Davao, Philippines

49 months ago

Iris Washington-Cooper in Columbia, Maryland said: Recent graduate from At-Home Professions medical transcription school. I completed the course in August 2008, and I am still unable to find employment because of lack of experience. Do you know who is hiring transcriptionist students fresh out of school?

hi! im archie, i just graduated last march 2009,BS in Nursing and still don't have a job. i want to try being a medical transcriptionist, if you may7 send me of you can recommend some MT companies it could help me to find a job:)

Melissa in Sanford, North Carolina

48 months ago

What in the world did you do? I have been trying for months to find an at home job or any job no luck. You have anything that you do that maybe I can use?

48 months ago

Honestly, I think it has a lot to do with the school that you graduated from. Career Step has a great reputation in the transcription world and it's much easier to find a job with them on your resume than some other schools out there, or so I've been told.

I graduated from Career Step in November of last year and had a job within 2 weeks of graduation. I worked for that company until I found another job and decided to move on for better pay and a friendlier "employer." I work for a company now where I am certain I will be for many years to come. I love my "employer", and we get along great. I love my work and the pay is good, too. Just keep trying. Keep testing and keep putting yourself out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer in Bloomington, Illinois

48 months ago

Michelle in Gonzales, Louisiana said: Honestly, I think it has a lot to do with the school that you graduated from. Career Step has a great reputation in the transcription world and it's much easier to find a job with them on your resume than some other schools out there, or so I've been told.

I graduated from Career Step in November of last year and had a job within 2 weeks of graduation. I worked for that company until I found another job and decided to move on for better pay and a friendlier "employer." I work for a company now where I am certain I will be for many years to come. I love my "employer", and we get along great. I love my work and the pay is good, too. Just keep trying. Keep testing and keep putting yourself out there.

Michelle...i just graduated from career step..resume is done so i can start looking for a job..do you have any suggestions of places i can start with or suggestions of where to start...i did not think this would be so challenging once i finished the schooling part:) I am willing to put in the effort, i just feel a little overwhelmed!!

Jennifer in Bloomington, Illinois

48 months ago

sorry michelle..i posted that in your column..

48 months ago

I've tried to answer this 3 times now and my answer won't appear. Trying again...

48 months ago

I've tried numerous times to answer this.. Trying again.

48 months ago

I applied/tested with each of these companies.
A&W
Accurate and Professional Transcription
AccuStat
Acusis
Advanced Transcription
All Type
Alpha Transcription
ANP
Ascott Transcription Service
AssistMed
ATSI
Beyond Words Typing Service, Inc.
CAT Transcription
Celerity/Preferred Physicians Transcription
Chronicle Transcripts
DataKey/MD-IT
DeVenture/Transcend
Dictation Service Group (DSG)
Diskriter Transcription Co.
DIT Transcription
Doctor's Note

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Thank You so much for sending me those job leads will be getting started on them today. They are work from home jobs?

48 months ago

Thank you for trying to respond. I thank you so much. I have a lot of leads now. Have you gotten you a job yet?

hannah in Colchester, Vermont

48 months ago

Hi, I have been on this forum forever and I have been looking for leads since March. Is it possible that someone could send me some as well. I have applied to only God knows how many agency that do not take entry level MT. "Help" I have a three-year-old and don't have the funds to send her to daycare, or leave her with anyone and my unemployment is running out.

48 months ago

Melissa, yes, those are all work from home jobs doing medical transcription.

I do have a job. I applied and/or tested with every single company listed and had a job within 2 weeks. I graduated on December 12 and was working before Christmas. It can be done. It takes a lot of persistence and effort.

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

I have a 44-page Word document with links and leads that I'm willing to share for free.

Please sign up below for a free account using dropbox (you don't even have to USE it, just sign up so I get more free storage space for sharing with you.)

www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTExMjg3OTE4OQ

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.