Finding Entry Level Medical Transcription Jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 4288)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

sarah p in chappell, Nebraska

87 months ago

Hi Cassandra-I'm a recent Medical Transcription Graduate and am having no luck in obtaining a job, also. I've been on the search for about 3 months now, and have only had a few replies to all of the many applications I've filled out. I'm getting very impatient and discouraged. It seems everyone wants someone with 2 or more years experience to do the job, well if we don't have experience are we ever going to get a job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (456) / No (66) Reply - Report abuse

Linda Valencis in Southington, Connecticut

86 months ago

I currently work from home for Spheris as a medical transcriptionist. The first 2-3 years were wonderful. Commute was from bedroom to desk. No special wardrobe, no makeup, hair appts needed. All the equipment, PC, etc. was provided by employer. I just needed == and I would highly recommend -- cable connection for PC use. Get paid by the numbers of line transcribed, which is usually around 10 cents a line, and that is "good." I get paid every other week, direct deposit. We accrue PTO (paid time off)which can be used for holidays, sick time, vacations, appointments, mental-health time off, anything. And it does add up pretty fast. The only two paid vacations each year are Thanksgiving and Christmas. We get more $$ by taking on harder (MORE ESL dictator accounts)accounts or working night shifts.

Right now, I am very disillusioned with the work. There is a flood of ESL (English-second language) doctors and it is severely affecting my production, i.e., my pay check.

We are able to email coworkers for help and samples of difficult dictators, and in doing so, I have become friendly with other MTs across the country. Quite of few of them have left and gone to other companies. One in particular really went from the frying pan into the fire to MedQuest.

Be careful. There is NOT a lot of money to be made in this field. I did work as a remote MT for a local hospital, but had to go into the hospital for monthly meetings which were agonizing because they were "corporate" type meetings and had nothing to do with MT BUT we were pulled into doing BS corporate stuff like coming up with ideas on how to improve something in the hospital that really had nothing to do with our work at all. All of us "remotes" hated that. We also had to go in once a month for MT meetings which did make sense. But, again, not really productive.

None of that at Spheris, and that is something I really like about them. Have run out of space in this comment box.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (189) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

Mary in Los Angeles, California

86 months ago

Here's another tip about volunteering. Again, I live in Orange County, CA. Does anyone remember when Orange County declared bankruptcy??? When this happened, I had an "AHA!" moment. I contacted the OC Sheriff-Coroner's office to see if I could work there as a volunteer. At that time, I was working in the Radiation-Oncology Department at UCI Medical Center in Orange as a medical transcriptionist. I wanted to learn Pathology terminology, so I thought what better way than to work as a volunteer at the Coroner's office. Well it turned out that all but one full-time medical transcriptionist had been laid off, and there was a nine-month backlog of autopsy reports to transcribe!!! Let me tell you, I was welcomed with open arms! The education and experience I gained from volunteering was priceless! Not only that, but that sole full-time transcriptionist was nearing retirement...hmmm...and who do you think would have been the ideal candidate to replace her?

Unfortunately, I did not get to stay there to take advantage of the situation(my mother became ill, and I became her caregiver until she died) but do you see the power of not only volunteering but positioning yourself in the right position at the right time?

I hope this inspires you to think "outside of the box." Be creative and come up with a number of ways to network!

Have a great day...this world needs more dedicated medical transcriptionists, so keep on keeping on!

Mary

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (83) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

Hi Sue:

Have you tried to join a local AAMT group in your area so you can network with other medical transcriptionists? This is your best bet. It is hard to get work initially in this field without having contacts. Also, when I first started in the field, I too wanted to work at home but soon realized that I needed experience and especially needed to know a lot more than just what I learned when I came out of school.

Now that said, I just did a Google search on "medical transcriptionist no experience needed" and came up with a lot of places that you can find on the Internet to research. One company is called Trans Am Associates and I noticed they have listings in California and New Jersey, so they may have openings in other states as well.

With the changes in technology that allow digital dictation files to be uploaded and downloaded, it is easy to work from home and I do think that with concerted effort on your part, you will find a company that will be glad they found you.

Keep plugging away, Sue, and don't give up! This field needs good, dedicated people. I'm sorry you're having a rough time right now, but you may be closer than you think to getting your foot in the door!

God bless you,

Mary Ruff-King

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (87) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

Another way to network is to join the forums on the Internet. Have you checked out www.MTDaily.com and www.mtchat.com? That is a another way you can network. However, still join a local chapter of your AAMT and network face to face.

Another thought: Check out the blogs and websites. Do a Google search: "medical transcription blogs" and check those out. Also, read the articles about medical transcription by doing a google search on the specific phrase, e.g.: "entry level medical transcriptionist article" or "medical transcription article." (Enter phrase without quotes.)

Focus on what new ways you can come up with to network and get your message out there; that's one way to keep discouragement and depression from consuming your time and overtaking your drive to succeed.

Mary :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sue L in Grand Island, Nebraska

86 months ago

Mary,
Thanks for the encouragement and advice. I invested to much in this to give up. I will look into joining a AAMT group.
Sue

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sue L in Grand Island, Nebraska

86 months ago

This is great news. Thanks for your help. Is encouraging to know I'm not the only one who is having rough start but can see with effort and committment it will pay off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Mary Ruff-King in Los Angeles, California

86 months ago

To All Entry-Level Medical Transcriptionists:

I have never forgotten my roots, nor have I forgotten those who have helped me to get where I am today. I am always willing to teach what I have learned.

Shameless Plug: Please visit www.mtmasterycenter.com (blog) or
www.medicaltranscriptionmasterycenter.com (website) for further information that may help you in your quest. These are my websites in which I post helpful information and articles to help others succeed.

I hope I'm allowed to post this here; if not, then someone let me know!

Mary Ruff-King

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

Sue in Grand Island, Nebraska

86 months ago

I would love the opportunity Brooke. I live in Nebraska and graduated from At-Home professions based in Colorado. Please let me know what other information you need.
Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Brooke in Battle Creek, Michigan

86 months ago

Sue in Nebraska. The e-mail you sent me was invalid. Please try again.
Also, please note. One requirement that is a must have is high speed internet, no phone or dish.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Peggy G in Tulare, California

86 months ago

Dear Brook in Battlecreek. I am not a newby and have several years experience (Radiology transcriptionist in hospital setting for eight years). I have a home office, my husband is an executive and travels and I am considering doing work from home. Send me some details if you are interested in my resume or would like additional information. Peggy Gawley Peg_lorenz@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Sherrilyn Thomas in Atlanta, Georgia

86 months ago

Brooke in Battle Creek, Michigan said: I might be willing to hire a newby at home......E-mail me. figelo@yahoo.com I am a legitimate recruiter inside the US. I need Radiology and Neurology transcriptionist, home-based on an independent contract status.

I am very interested in transcribing for you. I am a very fresh newby who has just completed studies not even a month but I am interested in being trained in all areas. Sherrilyn Thomas

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

Another way to find a job which works much better than the shot-gun approach to mass mailing resumes is to conduct information interviews.

Ask to sit down one-on-one with an MT whom you'd like to get to know better. DO NOT ask for a job; you are simply on a fact-finding mission. You want information, so ask the MT how he/she got his/her start; how he/she found his/her first job; what courses he/she took; what he/she thinks of _________ (fill in the blank: online transcription schools, networking techniques, etc.). The fact is this: When conducting an information interview, you are a lot more likely to get a job offer either in the near future or distant future because 1) you are showing how serious you are about the profession; 2)you are showing a genuine interest and respect for those who are in the field and have established themselves; 3) face-to-face contact makes you stand out from the crowd. Another tip: Take an MT to lunch and conduct your information interview over it. This is a great way to establish rapport, get great information, have a fine meal, and have fun, all at the same time!

Regards to all...and here's to your medical transcription success...

Mary Ruff-King
Veteran MT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Dianna Lazan in Los Angeles, California

86 months ago

TransAm is a reported rip off that makes you spend money on their equipment. They have been reported on in several scam articles as well as MTStars.com. Best bet is to join the local AAMT and network. There has been a drastic change in the MT world. Where once you could actually make money (I was making over $90,000 a year), now it is all on software platforms working for large services with no scrupples, and you spend a great deal of time dinking around on the platforms. I have $2200 a month in business costs plus over $4000 a month in medical expenses from work injuries, and my salary is nowhere close to the first or the latter anymore.

Mary in Los Angeles, California said: Hi Sue:

Have you tried to join a local AAMT group in your area so you can network with other medical transcriptionists? This is your best bet. It is hard to get work initially in this field without having contacts. Also, when I first started in the field, I too wanted to work at home but soon realized that I needed experience and especially needed to know a lot more than just what I learned when I came out of school.

Now that said, I just did a Google search on "medical transcriptionist no experience needed" and came up with a lot of places that you can find on the Internet to research. One company is called Trans Am Associates and I noticed they have listings in California and New Jersey, so they may have openings in other states as well.

With the changes in technology that allow digital dictation files to be uploaded and downloaded, it is easy to work from home and I do think that with concerted effort on your part, you will find a company that will be glad they found you.

Keep plugging away, Sue, and don't give up! This field needs good, dedicated people. I'm sorry you're having a rough time right now, but you may be closer than you think to getting your foot in the door!

God bless you,

Mary Ruff-King

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

Mary,
When joining a AAMT as a newby with no experience which category do I fall under? Post grad possibly? Your websites are very informative and everyone's encouragement has been great. Thank you to all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Hi Sue:

Thanks for your kind words.

When I was talking about the OC-AAMT in my posts/articles, I was referring to the brick-and-mortar chapter in my local area, Orange County, CA. That local offline chapter in my area is called OC-AAMT, which is what the online chapter is also called. Confusing, I know.

Your best bet would be to contact the online chapter, informing them of your education and what courses you have completed. Ask someone thereto define "postgraduate."

Hope that answers your question(s),

Mary Ruff-King

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Hi Sylvia:

I too have no hospital acute care experience. I doubt I could get a job in a hospital at this point. My experience is in the workers' compensation arena, specifically the field of orthopedics. I worked for orthopedic surgeons, know workers' compensation and just love that field. In short, this is my niche.

However, if I wanted to get job doing hospital transcription I would develop a strategy, both online and offline, to position myself to not only gain the knowledge but to develop the contacts necessary to be in the right place at the right time.

I often compare job-seeking strategies to those employed by Internet marketers: people use article writing, forum posting, online chats with others, social bookmarking, and other tactics to "spread the word" about their Internet businesses. Why not apply the same tactics to job hunting?

(to be continued)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

(continued post)

Hi Sylvia:

1) As I've posted before, join a local AAMT chapter in your area. Face to face contact is important. Let people know you are out there. Take copies of your resume to meetings just in case you run into someone who needs a medical transcriptionist. Having a radiology transcription background is a great plus for you, and even though you don't have hospital acute care experience, I know you will run into a situation where someone will give you a chance.

2) Have business cards printed or print your own. Use both sides of the card, by the way. On the back of the card, you can summarize the experience you've had. Have you completed any SUM courses? If so, list that on the back.

3) Network online as well. There is an online chapter of the AAMT.

4) Join forums: MT Chat, MT Daily, etc. Google the search term "medical transcription forums" and you'll find them.

5) Tell everyone you know that you are looking for more experience. Pass out your business cards. Expand your network. Think of the six degrees of separation rule.

6) Volunteer or work as an intern.

7) Conduct an information interview with a colleague who is working in a hospital.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Hi Sylvia:

(continued post)

Even though you have experience as a radiology MT, trying to break into a new area of medical transcription is somewhat like a newbie trying to break into the field of medical transcription. But you do have an inside advantage because you are already in "the club" so to speak.

What I look for are situations in which a company, clinic, hospital, etc., is in desperate need for someone to fill the position. That information can come to you through contacts you develop.

Think of this as a medium- to long-term strategy.

I hope this information has helped you. Stay positive, develop your strategy, implement it, and then go gangbusters spreading the word about what you are looking for, all the while improving your skills.

Regards,

Mary Ruff-King

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Hi Sylvia:

Another thing: How about posting on all the classifieds that you are looking for an acute care position and that you have radiology experience, etc.??? Post on Craig's List, too. You never know. Just get the word out through all means available!

Hope my serial posts have provided you with some "food for thought..."
Let us all know how it goes...and good luck!

To your job hunting success!

Mary Ruff-King

Mary

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Hi Sylvia:

Just another thought: Have you ever considered doing medical transcription editor work? I think this would be a good career move with voice recognition and technology advancing the way it is. You have so much experience in radiology medical transcription I would think this would be a great way to go.

Tell me what you think about this....

Mary Ruff-King

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Sylvia Albury in Atlanta, Georgia

85 months ago

Hello,

I would love to transcription editor work, and appreciate you response.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Hi Sylvia:

I just found this website last night and don't know if it would be of any help to you, but then again, you never know.... :)

www.transformmt.com/?pg=contactus

If anyone else knows about this company, good or bad, please post! I am not recommending this company over any other but I did notice they do have some job openings for medical transcription editor. I believe that one may even have wanted radiology experience, and that's when I thought of you, Sylvia. That is how AHA! moments happen.

Why don't you give them a call and see what they have to say!

I'm rooting for you!

Mary R-K

Sylvia Albury in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hello,

I would love to transcription editor work, and appreciate you response.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Amanda in Rome, Georgia

85 months ago

I had the same problem. I looked for jobs before I even graduated from school and was very discouraged that no one wanted a "newbie". I took test after test, until I tested for a company called MRecord. They have hired me and I am about to start work tonight. (It is 3rd shift, but beggars can't be choosers)So you might want to try them. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Amanda in Rome, Georgia

85 months ago

I had the same problem. I looked for jobs before I even graduated from school and was very discouraged that no one wanted a "newbie". I took test after test, until I tested for a company called MRecord. They have hired me and I am about to start work tonight. This is a work from home position.(It is 3rd shift, but beggars can't be choosers. I will be working from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.)So you might want to try them. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Do they have a web address or phone number for contact? I'm looking for a work from home job but am a newbie and in the middle of Nebraska. Like you said even 3rd shift is a start to get some experience under your belt. Congratulations and good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Amanda in Rome, Georgia

85 months ago

Go to MTJobs.com. That is where I found all of the jobs that I applied for. They have many listings on there. It is called MRecord. Just click on it and submit your resume. I didn't have anything to even put on my resume, so I played up my grades in school. They then sent me the test to take. I took the test and then they called and hired me. They are in the process of hiring alot of new people. Good Luck!! Let me know if you need any help with anything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Amanda in Rome, Georgia

85 months ago

Sue,

Hi, I don't know if I gave you the correct information or not. Just go to MTJobs.com and then click on mRecord. In the job description they have the website to go to test for the job. Everyone that I have talked to at the company is very nice and they welcome questions, I have had alot. Hope that helps. Good luck.

Amanda

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sylvia Albury in Atlanta, Georgia

85 months ago

You are kind. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

shikaka in College Point, New York

85 months ago

all the posts here seem very helpful.thank God i've found a "straight to the point" forum for newbies. if ever i will be able to find a home-based job as an MT, what's gonna happen if i move to another country out of USA? is it possible that i can bring my job with me too?
thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Diamond is the job you refer to is it also in the medical field?

85 months ago

excellent, thanks.

50 somethn crowd in Naperville, Illinois

85 months ago

Linda Valencis in Southington, Connecticut said: I currently work from home for Spheris as a medical transcriptionist. The first 2-3 years were wonderful. Commute was from bedroom to desk. No special wardrobe, no makeup, hair appts needed. All the equipment, PC, etc. was provided by employer. I just needed == and I would highly recommend -- cable connection for PC use. Get paid by the numbers of line transcribed, which is usually around 10 cents a line, and that is "good." I get paid every other week, direct deposit. We accrue PTO (paid time off)which can be used for holidays, sick time, vacations, appointments, mental-health time off, anything. And it does add up pretty fast. The only two paid vacations each year are Thanksgiving and Christmas. We get more $$ by taking on harder (MORE ESL dictator accounts)accounts or working night shifts.

Right now, I am very disillusioned with the work. There is a flood of ESL (English-second language) doctors and it is severely affecting my production, i.e., my pay check.

We are able to email coworkers for help and samples of difficult dictators, and in doing so, I have become friendly with other MTs across the country. Quite of few of them have left and gone to other companies. One in particular really went from the frying pan into the fire to MedQuest.

Be careful. There is NOT a lot of money to be made in this field. I did work as a remote MT for a local hospital, but had to go into the hospital for monthly meetings which were agonizing because they were "corporate" type meetings and had nothing to do with MT BUT we were pulled into doing BS corporate stuff like coming up with ideas on how to improve something in the hospital that really had nothing to do with our work at all. All of us "remotes" hated that. We also had to go in once a month for MT meetings which did make sense. But, again, not really productive.

None of that at Spheris, and that is something I really like about them. Have run out of space

50 somethn crowd in Naperville, Illinois

85 months ago

I may be looking for a career change. Been to 8 head hunter, looking for accounting work, nothing yet but only 20 hours of work. Just like you cant depend on SS as income, I need to keep looking other than those agancies. How much money does it take to get started in med xscrpt. Per hour wat is the range.
Currious - bp

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Can anyone tell me what study guides/materials I should invest in to study for the RMT exam. I've been looking at the RMT study guide and also the aamt book. I've talked to several people in my job search that noted being registered newbie might bring in more job offers. Any suggestions on what anyone else thinks or study guides that would be helpful to prepare for this would be great. I am going to join the aamt but like everyone else have to wait until I have the funds. With 2 girls in college and a teenage son money sometimes is short. :) Hopefully by the end of the month.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ebony in Cedar Hill, Texas

85 months ago

Amanda in Rome, Georgia said: Go to MTJobs.com. That is where I found all of the jobs that I applied for. They have many listings on there. It is called MRecord. Just click on it and submit your resume. I didn't have anything to even put on my resume, so I played up my grades in school. They then sent me the test to take. I took the test and then they called and hired me. They are in the process of hiring alot of new people. Good Luck!! Let me know if you need any help with anything.

Hi Amanda, I took the test the other day for MRecord. It wasn't that hard, I think the only hard to her one was the last the report other than that, I think I did pretty well. Hopefully they will call me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tricia in Southbury, Connecticut

85 months ago

I'm thinking of entering the field of MT. Not sure if a good career move. By reading all of your comments, it doesn't sound promising. But, I am also learning that its just about putting yourself outthere. I guess that is with anything. Been a secretary for almost 20 yrs. Its time for a change and I've always loved the med field and I am a peopel person.
Any responsees would be appreicated.
Thanks - Tricia

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

I think it is a great field so far. I have just finished taking my classes and now I'm trying to find work. I really just started looking for work. check out career step if you are interested. Let me know if you have any more questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie in Rome, Georgia

85 months ago

Hi, I have been self-employed in the medical transcription field since 1997. Having worked in a hospital and doctor's office before this venture, I had a lot of networking going on so I had no problem finding individual physical therapy clinics, physicians, etc. who became my clients. In the past, I have also worked for MedQuist which is a wonderful company and they hire newly graduated MTs, as well as those with 1 year of on-the-job experience/training. I would highly recommend MedQuist because they are flexible in your scheduling, pay is competitive, they provide your equipment, and there is always work available. Log onto Medquist.com and click on the link for transcriptionists. On going at it on your own, the main thing is to NETWORK because you are going to be wearing all the hats of your business...accounting, transcribing, and especially MARKETING. Good luck everyone! I've been extremely happy and successful in my venture.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

I thank you so much for that information. I was starting to feel a little discouraged. I will try medquist and see if I can pass the test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie in Rome, Georgia

85 months ago

You are welcome. Don't get discouraged because it is a great field to be in. Good luck with MedQuist, and you can always work with them permanently or work with them while you are trying to branch off into your own business. The good thing about MedQuist is that there is always work and you always know when you will be paid (although it is never the same because you are paid by your production) plus they offer benefits, where working for yourself you have to do the billing AND the collecting...Collecting is a big issue sometimes :( and you have no benefits other than your freedom to make your own schedule, set your own rates, etc. Once again, Good luck!

85 months ago

I do have a question maybe you can give me some ideas on what I really need to do. I had tested with SOAP and of course was not hired. So I did ask the reason why and she told me that it was small things that were missed and some missed spelled words. That I don't remember. I don't remember how hard there test was at all. What would you advise I work on so that I don't get these type of responses?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Hi Ebony:

I think part of the answer, at least, is in your response. Please, I am not critizing, just commenting:

"...small things that were missed and some missed spelled words." Should be "misspelled words."

"I don't remember how hard there test was at all." Should be "their test was at all."

English is challenging for us all, and it takes a long time to become moderately proficient in it.

One of the things that can be done to improve your English is to read, read, read. Read an article and notice what words are used and how they are spelled. Analyze the writing style: Why do you like the way an article was written? Then rewrite the article in your own writing style.

Write down words that are challenges for you.
Study punctuation and grammar.
Write articles for your own benefit and amusement to improve your writing skills.

I love to write and have worked very hard over the years to improve my writing. It sounds like that is all you will need to do as well; study, practice, and implement what you learn the next time you take a test for a medical transcription job.

I hope this helps...keep on plugging away, and I admire your courage to ask for help.

Regards,

Mary Ruff-King
www.mtmasterycenter.com
www.medicaltranscriptionmasterycenter.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tricia in Southbury, Connecticut

85 months ago

Hi. Thanks so much, that was very helpful. I will probably go thru with it. I will check medquist!

Thanks again
Tricia

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Thank you for your help. I really mean it.

85 months ago

Hi Ebony:

You are welcome! If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know...and I really mean that. I am here to help those who want to get into the medical transcription business and do well by the profession. Medical transcription is very rewarding. I've been in the business long enough to know how exciting and rewarding it is.

You have the right attitude, so I applaud you for that! God bless you and the best of luck in your endeavors.

Mary Ruff-King
www.mtmasterycenter.com
www.medicaltranscriptionmasterycenter.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

I will continue to log into the forum on a daily basis. I'm going to practice some of these sample reports and see if I can get my error rate together! I want to do this so bad that I have to keep on pushing. I like to talk to someone who knows what they are talking about and I found you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Thanks, Ebony...that means a lot to me.

Regards, Mary Ruff-King :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Audrey in Mount Morris, Michigan

85 months ago

sarah p in chappell, Nebraska said: Hi Cassandra-I'm a recent Medical Transcription Graduate and am having no luck in obtaining a job, also. I've been on the search for about 3 months now, and have only had a few replies to all of the many applications I've filled out. I'm getting very impatient and discouraged. It seems everyone wants someone with 2 or more years experience to do the job, well if we don't have experience are we ever going to get a job?

I was making around $25.00 a day for about 5 hours of work at home. Our money situation was so bad, that I started looking for another job. I am now working at Wal-Mart as a people-greeter and looking for a part-time MT job. I would look for something part-time at first as a MT.

85 months ago

Hi Sarah,
I'm going to look for part-time work myself because money is very tight for me too. I'm going to keep on going over my practice report and applying for jobs. Hopefully, something will come up for the both of us.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.