Finding Entry Level Medical Transcription Jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (451 to 500 of 4267)
Page:  « First « Previous   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next »   Last »

Trish

101 months ago

I agree! Unless you go to a school that is approved and well known then you have a chance, all others are discarded. I graduated from Ashworth University formally known as Professinonal Career Development Institute (PCDI) with a GPA of 4.0, however that has no means to anyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

L in Naples, Florida

101 months ago

Hey Trish! and everyone else new to this biz...

I also currently attend Ashworth University. They are taking their sweet ole time grading and returning my exams. So I decided to move onto finding a job while I await my final 2 grades. I decided to omit the name of the school I attended from my resume. I also added that the 9 months I spent doing their transcriptions was my '9 months transcription experience'. I listed all the different reports I have done as well as the specialities I did them for. Also, instead of spending my days waiting on PCDI/Ashworth, I pop in the CD they sent and work my way thru the over 100 other dictations on there.

Now here is the good part. Over this past weekend I found a website that lists 130 different transcription companies located throughout the USA. I started at the top of the page and worked my way all the way thru. I submitted my cover letter and resume to EVERY company on there. By Sunday night I had 1 job offer. Monday there were 2 more requests to test with companies in my inbox and today when I got home there were 2 more! I may have sent over 130 resumes and only recieved 5 offers in return so far, but 5 is better than none! I tested with the company that contacted me Sunday and we are working thru the details of my potential employment! I am super excited and hoping everything works out for me.

So for those of you who attended schools other than the 'Top 3', there is still hope for finding a job. Keep practicing, keep applying, and it will happen. Good luck to all!!!

Trish

101 months ago

Dear L,
Would you mind sharing that website that you used.

L in Naples, Florida

101 months ago

Oops! I forgot to add that! The website is:

www.dmoz.org/Health/Professions/Medical_Transcription/Services/North_America/United_States/

I printed it off so that I could add notes to it, pencil in email address if the website said to send an email, etc. This one is 7 pages long. There were a handful that I had emails returned from stating the email no longer existed. There are also 7-8 that asked for paper resumes sent via snail mail.

Here is another one I was planning on working my way thru until I got a job offer:

www.mtdaily.com/mtcos.html

Again I printed it off, and I was planning on highlighting the ones I contacted, etc. This one is 33 pages long and listed by state. Not all the ones on this list offer remote positions.

I hope this helps!

Evelyn in Brooklyn, New York

101 months ago

Hi, L in Naples:

Congratulations! My MT school also took six weeks until they told me the result; and I had to remind them a couple of times that I am still waiting for the result.
What practice transcription CDs are you talking about? I never heard about those?
Usually they ask from what MT school one graduated. And usually MT school experience is not counted as experience.
Listing all specialities in which one made transcriptions does usually also not help. To send out 130 resumes just to get five offers to t e s t with the companies is 'murder'! There must be a better way. God knows if you can keep then up with the pace they are asking!
Congratulations for working so hard, I hope it works out for you!
Good luck !

L in Naples, Florida

101 months ago

The school I attended, Ashworth University, provided a CD from which we transcribe reports. It has over 100 actual doctor dictations. My course thru Ashworth contained 24 lessons. The first 12 or so were Medical Terminology. The remainder were actual transcriptions. I started this course in July and have a full year to finish it. Ashworth University, formally PCDI, has been referred to as a 'matchbook school', meaning they come and go and do not provided a top-of-the-line education. When I started attending Ashworth, I did not realize there was such a vast difference in schools. I simply chose the one that best fit my budget. I realize now what a poor choice that was.

I realize that most companies do not accept time spent in school as experience. But why offer that up? Leave the name of your school off if your school has a bad rep, and leave it up to the company you are applying to to ask you for that information. NONE of the companies who have asked me to test for them have asked what school I went to. My resume obviously states, per my past work history, that I have NEVER worked for a transcription company. In fact, my 'experience', as well as the types of dictations I have done, and with what specialties I have worked on, is listed under my education heading.

101 months ago

Dear L:

It seems really to me that the Ashworth program was minimal, in the beginning.
Now you have to type 100 dictations, that's a lot.
We all pick our schools at random, how should we know, naturally we go first to the ones which give us a good price.

To get my certificate, I had to write down 150 pages of medical definitions for medical terminology; then I had to type 300 pages of voice files, dictated by my instructor, just for practice.
The final exam consisted of 60 pages of voice files, which I had to pass with 98% accuracy. I did not pass the first time. I passed the second time.
I studied and typed five months for the first attempt, the second time took me additional two months, seven months in total.
It was an online-training and I am convinced that it was a good program, I learned a lot, theory and practice.

If one fills out an application, usually they ask; "What school did you attend?' Often, if one does not answer this question and many others more, there appears a pop-up, reminding you that you 'forgot' to answer this question; you have to answer it, otherwise the computer is stuck.

But I also, like you and many others, believe strongly, that one day it might just happen! I am working on that.

All the best to you all..........

Peggy G in Tulare, California

101 months ago

Evelyn in Brooklyn, New York said: Dear L:

It seems really to me that the Ashworth program was minimal, in the beginning.
Now you have to type 100 dictations, that's a lot.
We all pick our schools at random, how should we know, naturally we go first to the ones which give us a good price.

To get my certificate, I had to write down 150 pages of medical definitions for medical terminology; then I had to type 300 pages of voice files, dictated by my instructor, just for practice.
The final exam consisted of 60 pages of voice files, which I had to pass with 98% accuracy. I did not pass the first time. I passed the second time.
I studied and typed five months for the first attempt, the second time took me additional two months, seven months in total.
It was an online-training and I am convinced that it was a good program, I learned a lot, theory and practice.

If one fills out an application, usually they ask; "What school did you attend?' Often, if one does not answer this question and many others more, there appears a pop-up, reminding you that you 'forgot' to answer this question; you have to answer it, otherwise the computer is stuck.

But I also, like you and many others, believe strongly, that one day it might just happen! I am working on that.

All the best to you all..........[/QUOTE
Ia ASHORTH NOT PURSUING? I'm not sure where to start, I worked as a Hospital Radiology Transcriptionist for over a decade. (moved here from Missouri). I purchased Allied Medical Schools 2005 Medical Transcription Program out of Laguna Hills, CA. Since you were talking about Ashford which I thought about enrolling in, do you know about what schools are tge bes tor if allied is legi?t? It came with a Medical Dictionary a few study guides, workbooks and I cannot find the CDROM. Need some help as to whether I should pursue this. I spent over $2K but didn't get the chance to start until now.

101 months ago

I purchased a medical transcription program from Allied Medical Schools in Laguna Hills, Ca. in 2006. Just now getting aruond to starting it. But in reading all these comments I am questioning whether to pursue this field. What schools and materials are best, Are most of you doing this from home or are you searching medical facilties and hospitals. Please give me some insight so I don't waste my time.

101 months ago

For Peggy:

You have to go through a medical transcription training. Either online or on-site in a college to become a MT graduate with a certificate. This is not a CMT (Certified Medical Transcriptionist). To become a CMT, one has to pass a rigorous exam administered by the AAMT, usually after becoming a MT.

In a hospital or doctor's office you can only be hired if you are a MT graduate w i t h experience. This is o u r problem: We are struggling to get experience? From where, if nobody hires us.

Regards

L in Naples, Florida

101 months ago

Evelyn, I CHOSE to type those 100 on my own. I did not feel the 20 dictations Ashworth required was enough. So on my own, I went ahead and typed the other 100 that I had access to. I also did not fill out applications. I sent RESUMES to companies via the email addresses they had listed on their websites.

The fact remains that I went to Ashworth University, still do actually, and I spent 5 hours on Sunday morning submitting my resume to companies. Within hours I had responses, Monday I tested with one of the companies that responded, by the evening I recieved an offer, and tomorrow I start work. I understand 137 resumes is A LOT. Im sure 90% of the resumes I sent out were overlooked or deleted. But I would rather spend 5 hours, submitting 137 resumes, and get a job within 2 days, than spend months on end submitting a few every couples of days.

I have read over and over from this forum and others that newbies have a slim to none chance of getting an at-home position. I have been told over and over that my best bet was to go work at a hospital or office for 6 months first. I would not and could not do that. I took it upon myself to type more than what was required of me during my online MT course. I then spend hours over the weekend submitting resumes to every company I could find. And after months and months of reading these forums with a knot in my stomach, thinking I would NEVER find an at-home job being a 'newbie', I got a job.

101 months ago

Dear L in Naples:

I doubt that you tested on Monday and the s a m e evening you received an offer? I don't think so. And you start work, although you did not finish your 100 assignments and your initial training was very flimsy? Come on !
I do not understand, how come that you did not have to fill out applications? After you send in your resume, they email you an application you have to fill out. If they accept your application, then they let you access their assessment test. Everybody has to fill out an application. Your job is on-line, isn't it?
What did you put into your resumes? What is your profession and occupation? Are you sure you are up to the job? I hope you are not in for a big surprise. Do you really feel ready to take on the challenge, with your minimal training?
What did your testing include? Are you pulling our leg?
If you fail, then this is again an encouragement for enmployers and recruiters to hire really o n l y experienced MTs. Did you think of that? You give a bad example.
Maybe it's all a scam.

But: If it's really so, great for you ! Although I doubt it.
There are too many gaps.

Let me know how it goes with you.

donnaboling in New Orleans, Louisiana

101 months ago

Hi! Trish

It's Donna B. Oh my gosh! I graduated from PCDI also a few years ago with an excellent grade. I did not actively look for a job because of some set backs in my life, which makes it even harder to find a job now. I am currently testing with TransAm as I said earlier in my comments. I do know that it is a scam (too late I already paid my money, big mistake!) but I am just using their practice files to keep up my speed and accuracy as I look for a job elsewhere. I have been transcribing the practice files for a year and a half now. You would think that I could pass their tests huh? Thank you so much for your info on the websites. I will give them a try.

I am open for any suggestions. If anyone has any please let me know.

Thanks,
Donna B.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

L in Naples, Florida

101 months ago

Let me start by restating that those 100 transcriptions were NOT an assignment. They were something I DID ON MY OWN. They were not required. I did them to increase my knowledge and speed. Students are not bound by the education they receive from school. Due to the wonderous world of the internet, you can find anything out! I have found so many websites to help me increase my knowledge. I went above and beyond the requirements I needed during my course.

Second, let me ask you how many companies have you looked into? Not all companies require an application. Some simply ask for a resume. Not EVERYBODY has to fill out an application. If you have enough information in your resume, an application is not necessary. The other 4 companies who asked me to test with them did not ask me to fill out applications either.

I put a lot of time and effort into making my resume and cover letter state as much information as I could. I also researched online how to make my cover letter and resume stand out from a stack of other resumes.

The company that has hired me is a smaller company. They have less than 20 MTs' employed with them. The person who hired me response quickly to emails. Wouldn't you want to work for a company that responds quickly to your emails?

Now to answer a few of you questions. I listed my previous jobs on my resume. None of which were transcription. I included my past education, starting from High School all the way thru my current MT course. I have not had a job in over a year due to a 1400 mile move and the fact that I have yonng children at home. I do feel the training my MT course offered was minimal. However, as I stated before, I went above and beyond what my course offered. I transcribed anything and everything I could find. To train myself to type what I hear, I sometimes sit on the computer and transcribe what I hear coming out of the TV.

L in Naples, Florida

101 months ago

I definitely feel up to the challange of working from home doing transcription. I lucked out and found a company willing to take a chance on a newbie. Isn't that what all of us newbies are looking for? A chance? The tests I had to take included a discharge summary, a clinic note, and an H&P. The shortest dictation was only 45 seconds with the longest at over 4 minutes.

Now I am puzzled over why you are saying I am giving a bad example. I have worked very hard to escape the confinements of th below par education my school offered. And because of this I passed an entrance exam and was hired.

101 months ago

To L. in Naples:

You convinced me, dear L. Good luck !

Rhonda Najee in Hemet, California

101 months ago

Hi, I am Rhonda

I have over 12 years of MT experience with acute care and radiology reports, and various different specialties, including pathology and orthopedics. However, I have been out of the field for almost 4 years, and I am experiencing delays in getting employed. I have already worked for EDIX and MedQuist in the past, and do not wish to return to those home-based companies. I have never experienced such a delay in hiring. As a matter of fact, for EDIX, I did not even have to take a test because I came with such high recommendations. Years later, by the time I switched to MedQuist, I was able to take a test and barely passed. This is hard for me at this time, seeing that I have done this profession for most of my career days. Do you know of any sources or test taking advice to give to me? The only thing that I may have forgotten is the common expressions that physicians dictate. The labs are satisfactory in memory, ROS, Chief complaint, Physical exams. I remember the different formats. The phrasology just seems to be a problem.. I would very much like to hear back from you with words of encouragement.... Hopefully I will land a job soon Thank you..

jiji in Colorado Springs, Colorado

101 months ago

Hi All
It feels wonderful to see such encouragement passed on to newbies. I am in a situation too that I would like to discuss with you all here, if you all do not mind. I am originally from India. I worked as a Medical transcriptionist for a while in India, then got promoted to Proofreader; total experience, 2+ years. Then I changed my career and worked in some other field. I got married couple of years later and came here to America with my husband in 2004. I tried looking for a job here in Medical transcription but was unable to land a job, especially because I am an international and I need sponsorship to work. There was no one around with information on this and I was so discouraged that I gave up. I just love this field and would love to pursue this career, but again, my problem still is the same. I need sponsorship. I cannot work as an independent contractor because of my visa restrictions. I definitely need sponsorship, which is not a daunting task. My husband is here on a work visa in the engineering field, so we definitely know how to go about getting the visa; just need a company/person who can sponsor me. I once had a local home-based transcriptionist agree to pay me cash for my work, but then later she said that I am from another country and she was not ready to give an opportunity to someone from another country. I am ready to work hard. I am ready to volunteer to add weight to my resume. Can any of you suggest anything to me??

my email address is jijisumeet@gmail.com

L in Naples, Florida

101 months ago

To: jiji

Without expressing my opinion on the whole subject, I will only tell you this: find a company that offshores to India. Many Americans have been turned down jobs from so-called American based companies who offshore to India. If you had better luck working in India, why did you move?

jiji in Colorado Springs, Colorado

101 months ago

L in Naples, Florida said: To: jiji

Without expressing my opinion on the whole subject, I will only tell you this: find a company that offshores to India. Many Americans have been turned down jobs from so-called American based companies who offshore to India. If you had better luck working in India, why did you move?

I moved because my husband got a job here and I wanted to live with him rather than pursue my career. Its been 4 years since I have worked, hence am getting a little jittery now. I am even ready to volunteer for someone like you maybe who has enough experience. I would love to get my hands on the medical files again. I have no idea which are the companies which send work to India, do you have any idea, maybe I will be lucky with them!!! If you know of any such company or anyone else in this forum, can you please let me know of them?

Amanda B. in Virginia Beach, Virginia

101 months ago

Hello Evelyn and everyone else too,

After doing a lot of thinking and considering I've decided not to ask my mother to co-sign. I really want to do this on my own and I just don't want to enter into any type of financial situation with my family if it can at all be avoided. I sat down with my boyfriend and we did some careful budgeting and planning. After going through our finances I've decided to wait until the end of May or the beginning of June to enroll in the M-TEC program. By doing that I'll be able to pay for about half of the course up front and go on the payment plan that M-TEC has available to pay on the other half. This way I'm not dipping into my savings to pay for school, I'm not taking out a loan, and I'm not having to wait for my boyfriend's inheritance to come through at the end of the summer or beginning of the fall. I'm somewhat disheartened by this because I really wanted to start right away, but I feel this is the best option for me. I'm going to purchase a few basic books from Amazon and spend these next three months studying basic anatomy and physiology and brushing up on some of the trickier grammar rules. M-TEC also posts daily "teasers" on their forum so I'll be practicing those as well. That way I won't feel like I'm just waiting and doing nothing to further my education and maybe doing this extra studying up front will shave a few weeks off of my ultimate completion time once I actually enroll in the program. If anyone has any suggestions about what books would be good for me to look into and purchase please let me know! Thanks!

Amanda B.

101 months ago

Evelyn in Brooklyn, New York said: For Peggy:

You have to go through a medical transcription training. Either online or on-site in a college to become a MT graduate with a certificate. This is not a CMT (Certified Medical Transcriptionist). To become a CMT, one has to pass a rigorous exam administered by the AAMT, usually after becoming a MT.

In a hospital or doctor's office you can only be hired if you are a MT graduate w i t h experience. This is o u r problem: We are struggling to get experience? From where, if nobody hires us.

Regards

Thanks so much for the email. So Allied Medical Transcription will not be recognized as a legitimate school to go to in order to then take my AAMT test, or should I pursue another avenue with another MT school. Not sure if this course will consider me an MT graduate. Please advise. Allied Business Schools is out of Laguna Hills, California and they offer several programs including Medical Transcription. Did I get scammed? I was a Radiology transcriptionist for twelve years but not experienced in all facets of MT.

Would appreciate your help and what schools are best. Do any of them offer financial aid? Thanks, Peggy

101 months ago

I guess I was confusing. Should I take the Allied Medical Transcription course, it's not all online but some, then take my AAMT certification? I want to make sure this is a legitimate school.

L in Naples, Florida

101 months ago

For Peggy:

You will not be eligible to become a CT(certified medical transcriptionist) or take the CT test until you have been an MT for 2 years. However, as a new MT you can take the RMT (registered medical transcriptionist) exam. I have heard that that credential is helpful is finding in a job. I personally do not have either so I cannot tell you one way or the other about taking those tests and gaining those certificiations, I only know that you cannot take the CT exam with less than 2 years experience.

I do not understand how with 12 years of experience you cannot find a job. If you have that many years of experience you should be able to land a job easily. Have you been out of work long? Have you tried submitting your resume to companies and taking tests with them? I would assume if you put 12 years experience as an MT you would at least get a request to test with companies.

101 months ago

Thanks for your reply. My specialty was Radiology only. That's why I consider myself entry level since I have experience limited to one area of anatomy. Do you think I should apply anyway. Is there a website that lists the top MT schools? Thanks so much. Peggy

Evelyn in Ridgewood, New York

101 months ago

For Peggy:

As far as I know, every MT graduate, no matter what school was attended, can apply for the by the AAMT administered assessment test to become a Certified Medical Transcriptionist(CMT). There are, besides the three top schools, CareerStep, M-Tec and Andrews, other very good school out there. The question is,if the schooling was good enough to pass the AAMT test.
All schools are legitimate, but only the curriculum of ca. 12 schools is approved by the AAMT.
I don't know if the program of the Allied Medical Transcription school is good are not so good.

For Amanda B:

I think you made a very wise decision.

I can recommend you a book that I used during my transcription training:

AAMT Book of Style, 2nd edition
Price: $89.00

The AAMT Book of Style is a must have resource for medical transcriptionists, as well as medical language professionals and students. This great reference provides users with reliable information on points of grammar, punctuation, style, usage, editing, and much more. Recommended by the new AAMT Model Curriculum for all students and course work!

FEATURES:

Comprehensive index prepared by a professional indexer
Reworked and enhanced style points
Examples have been augmented for added clarity
Practical hints have been placed in the margins
Points of grammar, punctuation, and usage are identified
Designed to lie flat when open
Easy to read font style and format for quick reference.

You can use this book no matter what school you attend, it is universal.
You can buy it new, it is rather expensive or on ebay, I think you can even download it for free, for a trial period. Enter in the search box 'AAMT Book of Style, 2nd edition.'
I bought it, as I did not yet know about the download version.

I do not think that buying other books before you enroll into the M-Tec program makes much sense, as you will be told what books to use when you start with your course.

Good luck, Evelyn

L in Naples, Florida

101 months ago

This is straight off the AAMT website:

Certified Medical Transcriptionist (CMT): AHDI offers a voluntary certification exam to individuals who wish to become Certified Medical Transcriptionists (CMTs). Individuals interested in this exam should have 2 years of acute care (or equivalent) transcription experience. This exam is considered a level 2 exam.

Registered Medical Transcriptionist (RMT): AHDI offers a voluntary credentialing exam to individuals who wish to become Registered Medical Transcriptionists (RMTs). This exam is applicable for recent graduates of medical transcription education programs, or MTs with fewer than two years’ experience in acute care. This exam is considered a level 1 exam. Individuals interested in this exam may not hold a CMT credential.

Also- I am not sure if you are aware of it or not, Evelyn and Amanda, but the AAMT has just released the 3rd edition of the BOS. Amanda, you may want to see if the school you choose will be working from the 2nd or 3rd edition. I know I would hate to spend $89.00 on the 2nd edition only to have to turn around and buy the 3rd.

Ike in Sheridan, Wyoming

101 months ago

Please cancel my forum emails. Thank you.

Elise in Bandon, Oregon

101 months ago

Linda Valencis in Southington, Connecticut said: I currently work from home for Spheris as a medical transcriptionist. The first 2-3 years were wonderful. Commute was from bedroom to desk. No special wardrobe, no makeup, hair appts needed. All the equipment, PC, etc. was provided by employer. I just needed == and I would highly recommend -- cable connection for PC use. Get paid by the numbers of line transcribed, which is usually around 10 cents a line, and that is "good." I get paid every other week, direct deposit. We accrue PTO (paid time off)which can be used for holidays, sick time, vacations, appointments, mental-health time off, anything. And it does add up pretty fast. The only two paid vacations each year are Thanksgiving and Christmas. We get more $$ by taking on harder (MORE ESL dictator accounts)accounts or working night shifts.

Right now, I am very disillusioned with the work. There is a flood of ESL (English-second language) doctors and it is severely affecting my production, i.e., my pay check.

We are able to email coworkers for help and samples of difficult dictators, and in doing so, I have become friendly with other MTs across the country. Quite of few of them have left and gone to other companies. One in particular really went from the frying pan into the fire to MedQuest.

Be careful. There is NOT a lot of money to be made in this field. I did work as a remote MT for a local hospital, but had to go into the hospital for monthly meetings which were agonizing because they were "corporate" type meetings and had nothing to do with MT BUT we were pulled into doing BS corporate stuff like coming up with ideas on how to improve something in the hospital that really had nothing to do with our work at all. All of us "remotes" hated that. We also had to go in once a month for MT meetings which did make sense. But, again, not really productive.

None of that at Spheris, and that is something I really like about them. Have run out of space

Evelyn in Elmhurst, New York

101 months ago

This is for L. in Naples:

The 3rd edition of the AAMT BOS is only 95 cents more expensive than the 2nd editon.
How many changes could they have done for 95 cents? I think I can use my 2nd editon for a lot of years to come. I am not going to throw it out because a 3rd edition was published.

L in Naples, Florida

101 months ago

I did not suggest you throw it out. I suggested that for someone who does not own one, they may consider purchsing the 3rd edition as opposed to the 2nd.

Evelyn in New York, New York

101 months ago

In case somebody wants to buy the AAMT BOS, they will be alerted automatically online that a 3rd edition was published.

dedo in Glendale, Arizona

101 months ago

Hello to all...just when I was getting discouraged about ever finding an entry level employment opportunity, I stumbled upon this site. It's actually a relief to find that I am not the only one in the situation of having a hard time obtaining a job. I am a newbie, just recently graduated from TechSkills. For the past 2 weeks, I have submitted numerous applications to various online jobs, but so far all the responses I have received state that a minimum of 1-2 years is required. I am a new mother to a one year old beautiful baby boy and leaving him to daycare just breaks my heart. So, at this point, I am doing whatever it takes to be able to work from home and still be able to spend time with him. Any comments and suggestions are appreciated. Thank you. Also does anyone know if the websites that advertise data entry (...etc) work from home opportunities are "real". I actually had that in consideration and don't want to be scammed. Once again, thank you.

L in Naples, Florida

101 months ago

To Evelyn:

Yes, they will be alerted if they are buying the BOS thru the AAMT website. But NOT if they are buying a used copy thru EBay, Amazon, etc. I was unaware there was a 3rd edition until I went to the AAMT website for some info on another matter. Some people are not aware that the 3rd edition is available seem it is so new. This forum is about sharing information and I just thought I would share that information. :)

Connie in Nashua, Iowa

101 months ago

Transam is a scam. The company still lists on MedGigs. Stay away from everyone. Hopefully the state of Florida will see the light and shut this place down!!!!

Evelyn in Ridgewood, New York

101 months ago

When MT schools advertise that they hire pepole without experience, they mean 'hiring for training', n o t 'hiring for a job.'

It took me t w o months to understand their 'hiring strategy !'

Evelyn

L in Naples, Florida

101 months ago

This message is for Trish:

Did you have any luck with those websites I gave you?

Lauri in Miami, Florida

101 months ago

Please cancel all email alerts to me. Thank you.

Eve-Ann in Cleveland, Ohio

101 months ago

Please cancel all email alerts to me also. Thank you.

Evelyn in Carmel, New York

101 months ago

What's wrong with the indeed Forum?
Today I received 13 emails from the forum and all were old comments.
If it continues like this, I too want you to take of my email address.

Evelyn in Carmel, New York

101 months ago

Correction:...to take o f f my email address from the forum.

Andrea in Los Angeles, California

100 months ago

Hi,Mary can you tell me more about a medical transcriptionist? THe pay, the job, the need, the schooling? Thanks

100 months ago

Andrea in Los Angeles, California said: Hi,Mary can you tell me more about a medical transcriptionist? THe pay, the job, the need, the schooling? Thanks

Again? It's all written on this forum !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

L in Naples, Florida

100 months ago

If you cannot locate the answers to those questions in these 11 pages, which have been answered over and over.....well......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tiffany in Houston, Texas

100 months ago

Hello there,

I am in the process of taking the Allied Medical School Transcription course. I am doing well and enjoy it although I now have a few concerns regarding employment. I previously worked for a plastic surgeon and his transcriptionist has been sending me dictations to transcribe for practice and they are very difficult. I downloaded some software which helps me to slow the physician down in order to try and understand but his accent is very difficult and I am starting to stress out! I also need to start working as soon as possible. I was reading above about someone who worked for the coroners office and I think that would be awesome transcribing autopsy reports. Any suggestions as to how I could get hired with a coroners office? Thanks for the help.

Tiff

L in Naples, Florida

100 months ago

I would continue to practice with those files even though they are difficult. The main goal is get your speed up. When I come across something I do not know or do not understand I leave a blank. Then when I am done with the file, I can go back and listen to that spot and figure it out. Also, usually, that word(s) will be repeated again in another part of the dictation.

As for getting hired into a coroners office, all you could do is to apply there. Check out your city/county/state website. Find the info on the coroners office and call and talk to human resources.

Tiffany in Houston, Texas

100 months ago

Thank you very much for the help. I am just starting to get very frustrated. I know it will take some time, but I have a Journalism degree and have also worked for 4 years selling medical malpractice insurance to many foreign doctors. I guess I thought I would be able to pick up their accents better than I have been. Thanks again for the support.

Jean in Cleveland, Tennessee

100 months ago

Brooke in Battle Creek, Michigan said: I might be willing to hire a newby at home......E-mail me. figelo@yahoo.com I am a legitimate recruiter inside the US. I need Radiology and Neurology transcriptionist, home-based on an independent contract status.

Brooke, I am a gradiuate from At-Home Professions, I recently completed an internship.

Mary Hall in Chicago, Illinois

100 months ago

Sue in Grand Island, Nebraska said: I would love the opportunity Brooke. I live in Nebraska and graduated from At-Home professions based in Colorado. Please let me know what other information you need.
Thank you.

Im still doing at home school and I will need A job a.s.a.p cause im bout to have another baby. What can I do now to get a jobe quick at home.

Mary Hall in Chicago, Illinois

100 months ago

sarah p in chappell, Nebraska said: Hi Cassandra-I'm a recent Medical Transcription Graduate and am having no luck in obtaining a job, also. I've been on the search for about 3 months now, and have only had a few replies to all of the many applications I've filled out. I'm getting very impatient and discouraged. It seems everyone wants someone with 2 or more years experience to do the job, well if we don't have experience are we ever going to get a job?

Im still doing at home school and I need to know did you ever find entry level job and what should I do.

Page:  « First « Previous   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.