43 months ago

How can I contact Spheris to apply?

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Glenn in Ellicott City, Maryland

43 months ago

BlondAngel in Akron, Ohio said: How can I contact Spheris to apply?

You will need a time machine. Spheris ceased to exist long ago. Check the dates on the posts you are reading. This thread started over 6 years ago.

Reply - Report abuse

marlaj 56 at yahoo in Lees Summit, Missouri

42 months ago

guinea_kisses in Laramie, Wyoming said: Hello everyone,

Is there anyone out there that will hire a recent graduate of Career Step? I have looked almost everywhere and applied at so many companies and everytime I get the same answer---you have to have experience. It is very discouraging. I am starting to wonder if I chose the right career.

Hey. If you want a work from home transcription job, I have my own little company and need someone desperately. I do only ortho, all clear speaking but you must have electronic capability. marlaj56 at yahoo.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

MnD S in Sergeant Bluff, Iowa

42 months ago

guinea_kisses in Laramie, Wyoming said: Hello everyone,

Is there anyone out there that will hire a recent graduate of Career Step? I have looked almost everywhere and applied at so many companies and everytime I get the same answer---you have to have experience. It is very discouraging. I am starting to wonder if I chose the right career.

I hire newbies as well...email me....

Angie ..... at 4theluvoffeet@gmail.com

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Bree_Mountaitn View, WY in Mountain View, Wyoming

42 months ago

Hi everyone,
This is the first time that I have done anything like this. I know that this is going to sound a little strange, but I though I would put it out there. I am about 6 months from completing an Associates degree in MT and was wondering if anyone has some OJT available. I am looking for at-home work as I have two toddlers. I would greatly appreciate anything at this point and time. Thank you all for your time and consideration.

Sincerely yours,

Bree

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Daph in Mulberry, Florida

42 months ago

I am also a newbie looking for a MT position! I've graduated with a MT Certificate and 3.8 GPA. I have alot of medical background working in ophthlamology but I am comfortable with any system/specialty.

Do I have a chance at obtaining a MT job?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

MnD S in Onawa, Iowa

42 months ago

Daph in Mulberry, Florida said: I am also a newbie looking for a MT position! I've graduated with a MT Certificate and 3.8 GPA. I have alot of medical background working in ophthlamology but I am comfortable with any system/specialty.

Do I have a chance at obtaining a MT job?

Daph contact me at 4theluvoffeet@gmail.com. I hire newbies.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

MnD S in Onawa, Iowa

42 months ago

Bree_Mountaitn View, WY in Mountain View, Wyoming said: Hi everyone,
This is the first time that I have done anything like this. I know that this is going to sound a little strange, but I though I would put it out there. I am about 6 months from completing an Associates degree in MT and was wondering if anyone has some OJT available. I am looking for at-home work as I have two toddlers. I would greatly appreciate anything at this point and time. Thank you all for your time and consideration.

Sincerely yours,

Bree

Hello Bree. This might be something I might be able to help you out with. Email me at 4theluvoffeet@gmail.com to discuss the details.

Angie

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Tranquility in Loveland, Ohio

41 months ago

Is anyone familiar with company called Accuray hiring medical transcriptionist? The interview process was online, too short and too fast to get hired to believe it. But was insistent on finding out which bank I dealt with,my home address(PO box not allowed), phone numbers. You guys think its genuine? That too, Iam not a trained MT. Just entry level without a MT degree or course or even experience in MT.. Yet was hired within 30 mins of "online interview " on yahoo chat.. Looks genuine?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

char88 in daly city, California

40 months ago

Hi
I took the Career Step MT course years back while in Calif and now I am in Hawaii. I earned my cert/diploma and I am now looking for an entry MT position online.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

chark99 in Destin, Florida

38 months ago

I am a recent graduate from At-Home Professions with my certificate in Medical Transcription. I also have some experience as I completed a 4 month internship with Accustat Transcription (which at the end of the internship said they were not hiring - at least I got some experience). I am running into the same problem stated again and again in this blog, all the places want at least one year of experience and mostly 2-3 at least. Can anyone help guide me to any companies that hire newbies. I just took a job with a company called AP Med Inc. but I have had no reports uploaded to my account and I have contacted them without response so far.
A little discouraged to say the least. Anyone?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

chark99 in Destin, Florida

38 months ago

I was just wondering if anyone new of any places that were hiring new transcriptionists.
I have posted a message before and have had no response? Does anyone know how I can become part of the feed so I can get responses?
Thanks, Charlene Dwyer.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

sarahbb in Sydney, Australia

35 months ago

I just found this article which i think will be really helpful if interested to make more income in MT.

<a href="resets.org/medical-transcriptionist-money/">Medical Transcriptionist</a>
URL: resets.org/medical-transcriptionist-money/

Reply - Report abuse

Desperate to get a job as an MT! in Rogersville, Missouri

30 months ago

Hi, I am in desperate need/want for a job as an MT from home! It seems as if it is an impossible task, as I feel as though I have submit hundreds of applications and not much luck! It is frustrating because I was offered a job but since I can't obtain cable or DSL Internet (only satellite) because of where I live, I had to turn them down and that type of Internet seems to be the norm in most cases! I recently applied to medtrans.net but they want me to pay $500 for the course and I just earned my associate degree...so I don't feel I need another course, just a chance to prove myself. If there is anyone that can help me, I would greatly appreciate it!!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

JulieC in New Caney, Texas

30 months ago

Just recently graduated from a MT course and I am looking for a job. A newbie. It is very discourageing to see that so many are still looking, and I am now wondering, if I made the right choice. I have a 3.85 GPA and am exicted to start working. Any tips or suggestions on who is hiring and where to go? I have already submitted applications to many places but as of yet, nothing!!. Every employment opportunity wants at least 2 years transcription experience.Thanks to anyone that can help out or suggestion what steps to take next.

Reply - Report abuse

Abigail in Clay Center, Kansas

19 months ago

Does anyone know where I can find an online entry level medical transcription job? I have been looking online for awhile now and I can't find anything.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Barb24 in Wheaton, Illinois

19 months ago

Abigail,
If you get your certification through Career Step, they offer post-graduate support, and are preferred by employers. 90% of their graduates get jobs right off the bat.

The complete program can be completed in as little as 4 months, and your tuition includes the a certification exam voucher.

referral.careerstep.com/mt?ref=36530

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Diane in Peekskill, New York

5 months ago

Where did you go to get your certification of Medical Transcriptionist? Can someone help me, and point me in the right direction of that. I'm thinking of going with Penn Foster's program.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

didigutierrez@*****.*** in Texas

5 months ago

sarahp in chappell, Nebraska said: Hi Cassandra-I'm a recent Medical Transcription Graduate and am having no luck in obtaining a job, also. I've been on the search for about 3 months now, and have only had a few replies to all of the many applications I've filled out. I'm getting very impatient and discouraged. It seems everyone wants someone with 2 or more years experience to do the job, well if we don't have experience are we ever going to get a job?

Hi Cassandra - I am from Texas. I too am a recent Medical Transcription Graduate, since March 2017, and am having no luck in obtaining a job also. I have been using WorkInTexas, Indeed, Monster, LinkedIn, Jobcase, Jobs.com, etc. and still have had no luck. I did almost get lucky once, but I think the company was a scam and I felt they did me wrong. I am still looking, though. You could try one of the companies that hire transcribers with no experience. Best of luck to you.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

5 months ago

Tranquility in Loveland, Ohio said: Is anyone familiar with company called Accuray hiring medical transcriptionist? The interview process was online, too short and too fast to get hired to believe it. But was insistent on finding out which bank I dealt with,my home address(PO box not allowed), phone numbers. You guys think its genuine? That too, Iam not a trained MT. Just entry level without a MT degree or course or even experience in MT.. Yet was hired within 30 mins of "online interview " on yahoo chat.. Looks genuine?

Hi, My advice to you is don't fall for this, it could very well be a scam. I almost did the same thing you did and I researched the company that wanted to hire me and I found out they had a lawsuit against them, so I tried to email the main person that interviewed me online and she did not respond to me, but I put a stop on a FedEx package they wanted to send me. So, I hope this helps you. Never give your banking information out to a company you do not know. Especially online.

Reply - Report abuse

5 months ago

Diane in Peekskill, New York said: Where did you go to get your certification of Medical Transcriptionist? Can someone help me, and point me in the right direction of that. I'm thinking of going with Penn Foster's program.

Hi Diane - My name is Diana and I can tell you that I used Penn Foster online to do Medical Transcription training. I went to Penn Foster's website and I signed up for the Medical Transcription Career program and I received my Career diploma in March this year. It took me awhile to get it, but needless to say I did it. However, I am still trying to obtain a job, but don't be discouraged by this. Hope this helps you.

Reply - Report abuse

Diane in Peekskill, New York

5 months ago

Hi Diana,

Yes that does help. May I ask if you have been looking online for a job? If so where?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Barb24 in Wheaton, Illinois

5 months ago

Jobs in medical transcription are very competitive these days, while there is no certification required, employers value the AHDI (Association for Healthcare Document Integrity) certification and they offer a list of approved online programs.
Penn Foster is not on that list, I suspect because their program seems very thin, they even say on their website that you would need 3 to 5 years experience before you could pass the AHDI certification.

Programs that are approved, like Career Step, offer a program that gets you prepared for the AHDI's certification exam. The Career Step program offers over 600 hours of curriculum including over 40 hours of real dictation practice. You also get a free student membership in AHDI, graduate job placement and resume assistance and a voucher to take the certification exam.
Career Step's Medical Transcription program has evolved over the years to become the Medical Transcription Editing program. The editing component has been added to reflect the changes in the industry and to make you even more marketable to employers.
referral.careerstep.com/mt?ref=36530

Reply - Report abuse

NoWhereLand in Salt Lake City, Utah

3 months ago

I worked as a medical transcriptionist for five years, but realized it was declining rapidly at the time. Anyway, try using indeed by searching for 'medical terminology,' and see if you can find jobs that will appreciate your training. I got a job working as part of the medical appeals process based on that that paid three times what transcription did. Also, if you don't need to be working from home, consider applying to be a medical scribe.

Best of luck to all you!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Karbuch232@*****.*** in Wichita, Kansas

2 months ago

I tried for A to Z to gain more strength in Medical Transcription. Just through email I was denied claimed my English sentences not excellent. The cost is expensive. If student went through that course. I like to buy what you have done and CD at lower price. I have been turned down. Based in AZ. I am a newbie not young either. I tried for Medical Coding I could not pass AAPC testing. So trying for Medical Transcription. That field is also changing. I did go through Jr. College for on-line I have my last subject for fall the receive my Associate in Science in Medical Transcription.
I hope you can help me.
Thank you in advanced.

Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   83  84  85  86   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.